View Poll Results: Which of the following will be the biggest factor to the Knicks success?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increasing Nate Robinsons Minutes

    3 21.43%
  • Crawford continuing to shoot better

    6 42.86%
  • Increasing Balkmans minutes

    4 28.57%
  • We suck and we got lucky twice

    1 7.14%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 83

Thread: New York Knicks vs New Jersey Nets Game Thread 1/16

  1. #46
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    We all happy because the Knicks won their 3rd game in a row and played very competitive and then this *******s gotta come on here and start up with the Starbury hate. F*ck outta here kid

  2. #47
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    First off i was joking because i knew you guys would react like that. Second off everything said was a fact. We're on a 3 game streak and Marbury said he was the best point guard in the NBA. And third I hope he never plays another game as a Knick (and yes i'd still be saying that if we lost the last 3 games). Hopefully he as surgury or whatever and hes out for the season, and in the offseasone somebody takes a stupid risk on his expiring contract.


    And Starbury4real. Im far from a Crawford lover but lets face it when Jamal plays well we play well. Plus if i recall when he got injured last season we struggled.

  3. #48
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Also when i say something negitive about Marbury its not a personal shot at anybody. Its a shot at him and him alone. So everybody needs to stop taking eveything so personal

  4. #49
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Also when i say something negitive about Marbury its not a personal shot at anybody. Its a shot at him and him alone. So everybody needs to stop taking eveything so personal
    fair enough.
    we all know he isnt the best PG in the league but he is the best PG at the Knicks and we do need him playing for us. If he has surgery and leaves then i wish him all the best and hope he does well somewhere else.
    Crawford is still Crawford, will play a few good games cause he is shooting well but then he will go back to hitting 8-26 fg%. I hope he doesnt cause like u said, when he plays well we go alright as well.
    Im also happy that we had a lot of contributors tonight. Curry wasnt great but at least the shots he put up counted, very sure his FG and FT% was excellent.

  5. #50
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    The Knicks had their biggest win of the season tonight.They did a good job at getting back in the game, and they held on to their lead.Jamal Crawford definitely deserves player of the month, after that 35 point performance tonight.He made the entire Nets team his son.

  6. #51
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    First off i was joking because i knew you guys would react like that. Second off everything said was a fact. We're on a 3 game streak and Marbury said he was the best point guard in the NBA. And third I hope he never plays another game as a Knick (and yes i'd still be saying that if we lost the last 3 games). Hopefully he as surgury or whatever and hes out for the season, and in the offseasone somebody takes a stupid risk on his expiring contract.
    Thats F*cked up. Any fan that hopes for a players injury to keep him out needs to be Kimbo Sliced.

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    And Starbury4real. Im far from a Crawford lover but lets face it when Jamal plays well we play well. Plus if i recall when he got injured last season we struggled.
    11 games Won
    22.9ppg
    47% fg
    45.5% 3P
    4.8apg

    25 Games Lost
    17.8ppg
    39.2 fg%
    29.4% 3P
    4.4apg

    These stats do not include tonight but he hasnt even played good 1/2 the time and this doesnt show turnovers and no defense. How you gonna say "When Jamal plays well" Jamal doesnt play well very often

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Also when i say something negitive about Marbury its not a personal shot at anybody. Its a shot at him and him alone. So everybody needs to stop taking eveything so personal
    You know its gonna start problems so how you gonna bring it up? and when you say stuff like what you said above your askin for problems. F*ck outta here son.

  7. #52
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The Knicks had their biggest win of the season tonight.They did a good job at getting back in the game, and they held on to their lead.Jamal Crawford definitely deserves player of the month, after that 35 point performance tonight.He made the entire Nets team his son.
    u reckon it was a bigger result then either the Detroit or Cleveland games?
    Yeah u maybe right, the Nets have been playing some good ball of late.

  8. #53
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Thats F*cked up. Any fan that hopes for a players injury to keep him out needs to be Kimbo Sliced.



    11 games Won
    22.9ppg
    47% fg
    45.5% 3P
    4.8apg

    25 Games Lost
    17.8ppg
    39.2 fg%
    29.4% 3P
    4.4apg

    These stats do not include tonight but he hasnt even played good 1/2 the time and this doesnt show turnovers and no defense. How you gonna say "When Jamal plays well" Jamal doesnt play well very often



    You know its gonna start problems so how you gonna bring it up? and when you say stuff like what you said above your askin for problems. F*ck outta here son.
    perhaps we should show a bit of love and let it go this time MSG? lol.

    i agree, he did know it was going to draw a response but he wont do it again will u GetRealistic?

  9. #54
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    ummm....y erry1 on marbury side all of a sudden? i am also glad he s gone for one reason, he holds the ball too long and dosent trust his teammates enough to give the rock up early in the shot clock....i have watched many times how he holds the ball, slows down our offense feeds zach at a bad angle where only he can get it back, never reposts...(gatta give craford, nate and q props for reposting zach and eddy on the blocks) and gives players the rock only when he cant drive to the lane or when the defense it tight....and when he does pass, its about 5 secs left on the shot clock...sumtimes less than 5....so i say, take ur time to get back steph.....i hope he's watching and learning because fred is playin excellent defense and nate is passing the rock

  10. #55

    Default

    Just finished watching the game on tape as I was out tonight but I'm pleasantly surprised with the Knick win. They really showed me something tonight with this one. Has the light finally gone on with Crawford or will he resort to his usual inconsistent play? Besides his great shooting night I thought he *gasp* played pretty well defensively to. I was worried there for a second that Isiah had cost us this one when he took Nate and Zach but Crawford bailed him out

    Maybe I'm getting greedy here but I want them to win Friday in Washington and Saturday in Miami. Imagine heading into Monday's Martin Luther King Day matchup at the Garden with the Celtics riding a 5 game winning streak.

  11. #56

    Default

    It is way too early to say whether the Knicks are better without Marbury but according to some guy on the Post's Knicks blog in December and January these are the numbers....

    with Steph 1-9

    without Steph 5-7

    again it is way too early to make a big deal out of this but I'm just throwing it out there

  12. #57
    Lurker stoneball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    good results, m8s! im very happy...

  13. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I gotta give Crawford some credit, his shot selection has been alot better the past week or 2. Heres some stats from my game thread for anyone who skimmed through and missed them.

    11 games Won
    22.9ppg
    47% fg
    45.5% 3P
    4.8apg

    25 Games Lost
    17.8ppg
    39.2 fg%
    29.4% 3P
    4.4apg

    Last 5 Games
    41.1mpg
    21.3ppg
    49.1fg%
    44.4% 3P
    4.1apg
    3topg
    I've been saying this for a long time. The Knicks play a lot better when Crawford is hitting his shots (or the rare times QRich is hitting). That's one reason I've been harping on us getting a SF with a really good outside shot. My feeling is that if we had a consistent outside shooter it would make us less dependent on Crawford and open up the post for Curry and Zach. IMHO, that's really the missing ingredient to making us a playoff team. Then of course there are other problems that would prevent us from going deep into the playoffs, but one headache at a time.

  14. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Also when i say something negitive about Marbury its not a personal shot at anybody. Its a shot at him and him alone. So everybody needs to stop taking eveything so personal
    Ditto. We are all Knicks fans and should be happy the boys are winning. I know I made everybody mad talkin' crap about Steph, but its because his antics this season. I have no personal vendetta against Steph or any of his fans, but I think the Knicks are a better team without the drama he brings along with the talent. Anyway go Knicks keep the streak going!!!!

  15. #60
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    You know its gonna start problems so how you gonna bring it up? and when you say stuff like what you said above your askin for problems. F*ck outta here son.
    The man is still allowed to have his opinion. Just because it's different then yours doesn't mean you have the right to tell him to shut up and get the f*ck outta here. Completely rude and unnecessary.

Similar Threads

  1. Sacramento Kings vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/2/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2008, 16:00
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2007, 19:30
  3. Dallas Mavericks vs New York Knicks Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2007, 19:16
  4. New York Knicks vs New Jersey Nets Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Dec 07, 2007, 07:07
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2007, 11:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •