New York Knicks vs New Jersey Nets Game Thread 1/16

Which of the following will be the biggest factor to the Knicks success?

• Increasing Nate Robinsons Minutes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Crawford continuing to shoot better

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Increasing Balkmans minutes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • We suck and we got lucky twice

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Am Liking What Am Seeing, Good Win Hope They Continue. I Hope This Is Not Another 6 Game Winning Streak And Then Go Back To The Bad Habits. I'm Seeing Some Light With Jamal And His Leadership On The Court. I Hope When Steph Is Back He Plays Whatever Role Isiah Asks Him To Do So That The Knicks Can Be In The Playoff Run. Good Game By All The Guys And I Wonder Why Isiah Gives Malik Some Playing Time Whiles Guys Like Chandler And Morris Aren't Playing. What Is The Use Of Drafting Them Isiah If U Not Going To Play Them.

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
A wins a win. I don't like letting the Nets back into the game, but watchin the team compete the last 3 games has been a pleasant suprise. Take away two or three bad shots and Jamal played a great game, even played some decent D.

Nate didn't shoot to well but continued his strong play.

And how could Q only have 35 FT attempts thats awful. He needs to drive.

3-0 without the self proclaimed best PG in the NBA

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
A wins a win. I don't like letting the Nets back into the game, but watchin the team compete the last 3 games has been a pleasant suprise. Take away two or three bad shots and Jamal played a great game, even played some decent D.

3-0 without the self proclaimed best PG in the NBA

They were startin to play better before he got injured asshole. You had to be the asshole to start things up again. Your still gonna bring up that quote? Get Realistic.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer

3-0 without the self proclaimed best PG in the NBA[/QU

OH PLEASE DIDN'T WE WIN BALL GAMES LAST YEAR WHEN JAMAL ALSO WASN'T PLAYING, DON'T BRING THAT SHIT UP. 3-0 SO U ACTING LIKE THEY ON A 15 GAME WINNING STREAK LIKE THE TRAILBLAZERS, PLEASE WHY DO PEOPLE HATE STEPH, JUST BECAUSE HE MAKES THE MOST MONEY DON'T MEAN U GUYS NEED TO HATE HIM OR PUT ALL THE BLAME ON HIS SHOULDER. PLZ AM SICK OF THIS.

Pricey

Rotation player
why bring up stuff like that? Knicks win and someone has to rag on Marbury.
i bet u at the end of the 1st quarter u werent thinking that stuff were u??
Its not rocket science to know Marbury is our best guard.

Anyways lets not talk about Marbury, once fit he will be back in the lineup. Can the Knicks got 4 in a row?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
We all happy because the Knicks won their 3rd game in a row and played very competitive and then this assholes gotta come on here and start up with the Starbury hate. F*ck outta here kid

GetRealistic

Starter
First off i was joking because i knew you guys would react like that. Second off everything said was a fact. We're on a 3 game streak and Marbury said he was the best point guard in the NBA. And third I hope he never plays another game as a Knick (and yes i'd still be saying that if we lost the last 3 games). Hopefully he as surgury or whatever and hes out for the season, and in the offseasone somebody takes a stupid risk on his expiring contract.

And Starbury4real. Im far from a Crawford lover but lets face it when Jamal plays well we play well. Plus if i recall when he got injured last season we struggled.

GetRealistic

Starter
Also when i say something negitive about Marbury its not a personal shot at anybody. Its a shot at him and him alone. So everybody needs to stop taking eveything so personal

Pricey

Rotation player
Also when i say something negitive about Marbury its not a personal shot at anybody. Its a shot at him and him alone. So everybody needs to stop taking eveything so personal
fair enough.
we all know he isnt the best PG in the league but he is the best PG at the Knicks and we do need him playing for us. If he has surgery and leaves then i wish him all the best and hope he does well somewhere else.
Crawford is still Crawford, will play a few good games cause he is shooting well but then he will go back to hitting 8-26 fg%. I hope he doesnt cause like u said, when he plays well we go alright as well.
Im also happy that we had a lot of contributors tonight. Curry wasnt great but at least the shots he put up counted, very sure his FG and FT% was excellent.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks had their biggest win of the season tonight.They did a good job at getting back in the game, and they held on to their lead.Jamal Crawford definitely deserves player of the month, after that 35 point performance tonight.He made the entire Nets team his son.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
First off i was joking because i knew you guys would react like that. Second off everything said was a fact. We're on a 3 game streak and Marbury said he was the best point guard in the NBA. And third I hope he never plays another game as a Knick (and yes i'd still be saying that if we lost the last 3 games). Hopefully he as surgury or whatever and hes out for the season, and in the offseasone somebody takes a stupid risk on his expiring contract.

Thats F*cked up. Any fan that hopes for a players injury to keep him out needs to be Kimbo Sliced.

And Starbury4real. Im far from a Crawford lover but lets face it when Jamal plays well we play well. Plus if i recall when he got injured last season we struggled.

11 games Won
22.9ppg
47% fg
45.5% 3P
4.8apg

25 Games Lost
17.8ppg
39.2 fg%
29.4% 3P
4.4apg

These stats do not include tonight but he hasnt even played good 1/2 the time and this doesnt show turnovers and no defense. How you gonna say "When Jamal plays well" Jamal doesnt play well very often

You know its gonna start problems so how you gonna bring it up? and when you say stuff like what you said above your askin for problems. F*ck outta here son.

Pricey

Rotation player
The Knicks had their biggest win of the season tonight.They did a good job at getting back in the game, and they held on to their lead.Jamal Crawford definitely deserves player of the month, after that 35 point performance tonight.He made the entire Nets team his son.
u reckon it was a bigger result then either the Detroit or Cleveland games?
Yeah u maybe right, the Nets have been playing some good ball of late.

Pricey

Rotation player
Thats F*cked up. Any fan that hopes for a players injury to keep him out needs to be Kimbo Sliced.

11 games Won
22.9ppg
47% fg
45.5% 3P
4.8apg

25 Games Lost
17.8ppg
39.2 fg%
29.4% 3P
4.4apg

These stats do not include tonight but he hasnt even played good 1/2 the time and this doesnt show turnovers and no defense. How you gonna say "When Jamal plays well" Jamal doesnt play well very often

You know its gonna start problems so how you gonna bring it up? and when you say stuff like what you said above your askin for problems. F*ck outta here son.
perhaps we should show a bit of love and let it go this time MSG? lol.

i agree, he did know it was going to draw a response but he wont do it again will u GetRealistic?

Toons

is the Bo$$
ummm....y erry1 on marbury side all of a sudden? i am also glad he s gone for one reason, he holds the ball too long and dosent trust his teammates enough to give the rock up early in the shot clock....i have watched many times how he holds the ball, slows down our offense feeds zach at a bad angle where only he can get it back, never reposts...(gatta give craford, nate and q props for reposting zach and eddy on the blocks) and gives players the rock only when he cant drive to the lane or when the defense it tight....and when he does pass, its about 5 secs left on the shot clock...sumtimes less than 5....so i say, take ur time to get back steph.....i hope he's watching and learning because fred is playin excellent defense and nate is passing the rock

Just finished watching the game on tape as I was out tonight but I'm pleasantly surprised with the Knick win. They really showed me something tonight with this one. Has the light finally gone on with Crawford or will he resort to his usual inconsistent play? Besides his great shooting night I thought he *gasp* played pretty well defensively to. I was worried there for a second that Isiah had cost us this one when he took Nate and Zach but Crawford bailed him out

Maybe I'm getting greedy here but I want them to win Friday in Washington and Saturday in Miami. Imagine heading into Monday's Martin Luther King Day matchup at the Garden with the Celtics riding a 5 game winning streak.

It is way too early to say whether the Knicks are better without Marbury but according to some guy on the Post's Knicks blog in December and January these are the numbers....

with Steph 1-9

without Steph 5-7

again it is way too early to make a big deal out of this but I'm just throwing it out there

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I gotta give Crawford some credit, his shot selection has been alot better the past week or 2. Heres some stats from my game thread for anyone who skimmed through and missed them.

11 games Won
22.9ppg
47% fg
45.5% 3P
4.8apg

25 Games Lost
17.8ppg
39.2 fg%
29.4% 3P
4.4apg

Last 5 Games
41.1mpg
21.3ppg
49.1fg%
44.4% 3P
4.1apg
3topg

I've been saying this for a long time. The Knicks play a lot better when Crawford is hitting his shots (or the rare times QRich is hitting). That's one reason I've been harping on us getting a SF with a really good outside shot. My feeling is that if we had a consistent outside shooter it would make us less dependent on Crawford and open up the post for Curry and Zach. IMHO, that's really the missing ingredient to making us a playoff team. Then of course there are other problems that would prevent us from going deep into the playoffs, but one headache at a time.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Ditto. We are all Knicks fans and should be happy the boys are winning. I know I made everybody mad talkin' crap about Steph, but its because his antics this season. I have no personal vendetta against Steph or any of his fans, but I think the Knicks are a better team without the drama he brings along with the talent. Anyway go Knicks keep the streak going!!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter

The man is still allowed to have his opinion. Just because it's different then yours doesn't mean you have the right to tell him to shut up and get the f*ck outta here. Completely rude and unnecessary.