No Mo Three Guard Units Thankya

Kiyaman

Legend
In the Knicks last Three Games (WINS), Coach Isiah Thomas did not play (one second of) his FAMOUS "Three-Guard Offensive Lineup". Thank You!

Do you think he learned anything in the last three games about how this Knick Roster dont have the Guards, chemistry, and system to play a 3-Guard Unit vs NBA oponents? let's hope he did for the sake of some more consecutive WINS this season.

The NBA has changed to using a 3-Guard unit to a "THREE-SF Lineups" since the Jordan Era (6.6 Jordan, 6.7 Pippin, 6.6 Paxon, or 6.6 Harper), we call these players BIG-Guards...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
In the Knicks last Three Games (WINS), Coach Isiah Thomas did not play (one second of) his FAMOUS "Three-Guard Offensive Lineup". Thank You!

Do you think he learned anything in the last three games about how this Knick Roster dont have the Guards, chemistry, and system to play a 3-Guard Unit vs NBA oponents? let's hope he did for the sake of some more consecutive WINS this season.

The NBA has changed to using a 3-Guard unit to a "THREE-SF Lineups" since the Jordan Era (6.6 Jordan, 6.7 Pippin, 6.6 Paxon, or 6.6 Harper), we call these players BIG-Guards...

Interesting point but I'm not sure I follow you. The Knicks have nearly nothing but guards. Are you saying the offense can't run through the guards? I don't know coach, if the offense can't go through Curry and it can't go through Randolph consistently who should the primary scorer be?

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
He should just keep doing what hes done last 3 games. Let crawford be th scorer and everyone else mop up after him. Its got us 3 wins in a row! Y change again?

mugili716

Benchwarmer
Hold up

He should just keep doing what hes done last 3 games. Let crawford be th scorer and everyone else mop up after him. Its got us 3 wins in a row! Y change again?

Ok thats the problem here.. We didnt just give it to crawford and let him go crazy.. the reason Crawfords been playing so good is becuase we have given the ball to our bigs and they have actually been passing the ball out of double teams, which has allowed out guards especially crawford open shots and they have been knocking em down.. Except for the end of the Jersey game craw just went nuts.. but generally speeaking one on one we aint do much but it has to be good ball movement for open shots, and keep gettin the ball to our bigs, which will demand a double team getting us good shots

George M.

Benchwarmer
Ok thats the problem here.. We didnt just give it to crawford and let him go crazy.. the reason Crawfords been playing so good is becuase we have given the ball to our bigs and they have actually been passing the ball out of double teams, which has allowed out guards especially crawford open shots and they have been knocking em down.. Except for the end of the Jersey game craw just went nuts.. but generally speeaking one on one we aint do much but it has to be good ball movement for open shots, and keep gettin the ball to our bigs, which will demand a double team getting us good shots
Co-sign.And I don't care who challenges me on this.The inside-out concept of Isiah Fudd is finally clicking.Go figure!!!!!!!

knicklover

Benchwarmer

:agreed:

That's exactly why we need a SF that can knock down 3s consistently to replace QRich. If we had another outside weapon, it would become almost impossible to double Curry or Zach without paying a price. Not only would our offense improve by getting Qrich out of there, the bigs would also get better shots and raise their FG %.

Kiyaman

Legend
:agreed:

That's exactly why we need a SF that can knock down 3s consistently to replace QRich. If we had another outside weapon, it would become almost impossible to double Curry or Zach without paying a price. Not only would our offense improve by getting Qrich out of there, the bigs would also get better shots and raise their FG %.

I must agree, the Knicks needed a peremeter shooting SF that could score from the outside since Ewing & Oakley daze.
Laydumb made his best move getting SF-Keith Van Horn for his inside & outside offense to go alongside of Allan Houston, while Mcdyess & Kurt Thomas take care of the paint with Mutombo blockingshots.
How long was that group of Knicks together?

The Knicks draft 6.8 SF-Wilson Chandler for his inside & outside offensive game and has not given him one play in the offense, or any playingtime.

Error: The NBA has changed from using a 3-Guard lineup to using a "THREE-SF Lineups" since the Jordan Era.
Do you recall any of these Three players on the court at the same time: "6.6 Jordan, 6.7 Pippin, 6.6 Paxon, or 6.6 Harper"? we had called them "BIG-Guards"...

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
If you guys are right then the Knicks need a whole new team! I think they need a defensive center and play making PG more then they need a SF, but may be they need all three. That kind of sucks when you think about it.

Kiyaman

Legend
If you guys are right then the Knicks need a whole new team! I think they need a defensive center and play making PG more then they need a SF, but may be they need all three. That kind of sucks when you think about it.

The Knicks got a Great PG in the Tandem of Combo-Guard Nate & Collins.

The Knicks got their FUTURE SF in Chandler & Balkman.

The Knicks got their Defensive C/PF in Morris.

The Knicks have the .500 Record Players on their Roster,
the Knicks Problem LIES in all the High Contract Players attitude in not receiving alot of playingtime. We seen the reaction of this in PG-Marbury, SF-Q.Richardson, and PF-Zach so far this season, I'm sure the Knicks have two or three more veteran players on the roster with this same attitude.
So players like Nate, Balkman, Collins, Chandler, and Morris have to sit back on the bench and wait.

I know the majority of my posts are on the Knicks Head Coach and his coaching staff doing a poor job with this Knick Roster.
I base my theory on the Knicks rotation we been having since last season.
The Knicks young players want to play NBA B-BALL, being they dont have an EGO to offer I feel the Head Coach and his staff should be working on some design DEFENSIVE plays with these young players if that is what the Knicks been lacking so much with their veteran players.