New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 1/18

Should Nate Robinson be the starting point guard for the Knicks?

• Yes, hes been shooting great and hes cut back on turnovers

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, Fred Jones should be starting because hes a better defender

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
THE NEW YORK KNICKS(12-26) VS THE WASHINGTON WIZARDS(20-17)
Friday, Jan. 18 at 7:00pm ET on MSG​

Welcome to the MSGknickz33 pregame show. Im your host Jazzy Jeff and last night the Knicks beat the New Jersey Nets for the 3rd time this season while winning their 3rd game in a row. Washington has not played since losing to the Knicks. Prior to that loss the Wizards shocked everybody by beating the Celtics twice. We'll see if the Knicks can make it 4 straight and extend the Wizards losing streak to two.

STARTING LINEUPS

The Washington Wizards

pg-Antonio Daniels
sg-Deshawn Stevenson
sf-Caron Butler
pf-Antawn Jamison
C-Brendan Haywood

Your New York Knicks!!!!!!

At Point Guard, Jamal Crawford
At Shooting Guard, Fred Jones
At Small Forward, Quentin Richardson
At Power Forward, Zach Randolph
At Center, Eddy Curry

Key Matchup: Jamal Crawford vs Antonio Daniels

When the Knicks played the Wizards on Tuesday Night, Antonio Daniels did not play because of a sore right knee. Hes known as a very steady guard whos not turnover prone and hes a good defender. Hes not going to amaze anyone with his stats but he shoots a high percentage and averages 6.3 assists per game as a starter.

Opposing teams need to start worrying about Crawford. His shooting percentages through the first 9 games of January have been very impressive. Month by month his numbers have gotten better. Lets take a look:

November
38.7mpg
17.1ppg
41fg%
30.1 3P%
84.1FT%
4.3apg

December
42.7mpg
21.6ppg
39.4fg%
34.2 3P%
86.5FT%
4.8apg

January
41.9mpg
21.4ppg
47.9fg%
45 3P%
93.3FT%
4.9apg

Crawford is now tied with Joe Johnson for 2nd in minutes per game averaging 40.9, while Allen Iverson is leading the league playing 41.5 minutes per game.

Now lets take a look at some more intersting stats:

January
Knicks ppg-97
Knicks oppg-96.7

The whole Season
Knicks ppg-94.6
Knicks oppg-100.7

Nate Robinson has also been a big part of this turnaround:

January
29.9mpg
16.1ppg
50.5fg%
47.5 3P%
77.4FT%
3.9apg
1topg

What really jumps out to is the fact that Nate is only averaging 1 turnover per game. This was always a big problem for him. His shooting percentages and point per game are also very impressive. At only 5'8" Nate has proven that hes deserving of at least 25 minutes a game. Analysts like Peter Vecsey need to learn that its time to stop making fun of him.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:

• Defense!!!! The Wizards are the 10th best team offensively
  • Watch out for Roger Mason!!! He score 20 points (8-14) against the Knicks on Tuesday
  • Look to double Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison
  • Move the Ball!!! Washington has been the 4th best team defensively in the last 10 games

On Tuesday night both Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph struggled. Not much has changed with the Wizards since Tuesday night so the Knicks cant force the ball to Eddy and Zach. Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson should be the Knicks 2 first options on offense. Balkman was a big factor coming off the bench to score 8 points and grab 9 rebounds.

I think Im out of stats so that does it for my show. I thank everyone for watching and remember you can catch the Knicks Friday night on MSG.

to win this game jamal has to continue his great shooting, same with nate, and if we continue to play like we've been playing, we'll be fine. Hey-the season's still somewhat young-if we keep this going, you never know... we might just slide into that 8 seed by april

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
For some reason I think its just simply a small run the Knicks are on. I am still focused on getting a player from the draft. The Knicks can't get a title any other way.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
For some reason I think its just simply a small run the Knicks are on. I am still focused on getting a player from the draft. The Knicks can't get a title any other way.

yh im like that. On part of me wants the knicks to keep up the winning streak and the other part of me wants us to get a top draft pick. I guess id have to go with draft pick because if we keep it up and sneak into playoffs and get swept or something we end up with a low pick and its back to square one. We need a top pick if we ever want the franchise to move forward and become a powerhouse again.

As for a pick i really want Roy Hibbert. Georgetown center is what we need. Damm i miss patrick ewing!!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I knew someone would like that song and its appropriate for Crawfords efficiency on offense so far this month. I think were gonna lose 2nite but I just wanna see us somehow beat the Celtics on Monday.

GetRealistic

Starter
I'll be happy with a split of the next two games agianst the Wiz and Heat. As far as the Celtics i'd love to see a win, but i could live with the team atleast showing pride and playing the Celtics tough. Maybe a flagarant foul early in the game to let the Celtics know its not going to be a 50 point blow out.

I know this is the Wizards game thread but we do have two slight positives for mondays game.

1. Maybe the Celtics aren't sharp and ready for a early afternoon game.
2. Despite our lack of ability and emotion, the Knicks still are professionals and have some pride and should really step it up after the embarassment.

That said if we could somehow get 2 of the next 3 i may start to become a believer again.

And as far as tanking the season for a draft pick.... You gotta remember the loterry is still the lotery the worst records don't always get the #1 pick. Plus the Knicks may be bad but the T-Wolves, Heat, and Sonics will all most likely finish with worse records then us.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The two people the Knicks must contain are Jamison and Butler. Zach Randolph can't stop Jamison, so he will have to match his offense.Quentin Richardson is not gonna score another 35 point game in Washington, so he has to play good defense on Butler.If they want a chance to win, Jamison and Butler must be held to 20 points each. I think the Knicks will lose this game, cause it's very rarely when a team wins a back-to-back against the same team. Not everyone is the Knicks, who lost twice in a row to Philadelphia in December. The Knicks will need Steve Francis to get another buzzer beater, or get Richardson to drop another 35, if they wanna win this game.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The two people the Knicks must contain are Jamison and Butler. Zach Randolph can't stop Jamison, so he will have to match his offense.Quentin Richardson is not gonna score another 35 point game in Washington, so he has to play good defense on Butler.If they want a chance to win, Jamison and Butler must be held to 20 points each. I think the Knicks will lose this game, cause it's very rarely when a team wins a back-to-back against the same team. Not everyone is the Knicks, who lost twice in a row to Philadelphia in December. The Knicks will need Steve Francis to get another buzzer beater, or get Richardson to drop another 35, if they wanna win this game.

lol I was gonna have Randolph vs. Jamison as my key matchup and say that Z-Bo needs to match his offensive production but then I remembered you said that before the game Tuesday night. But maybe Francis can come back for one night and play for us again. He was fun to watch sometimes when he played but there was no place for him in NY. I still hope to see him one day get through his injuries and help out a team but that one day better be soon, I think hes almost 31 now.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I hope Francis does good, too.It would be a shame for a player that averages 18 and 6,won rookie of the year,made the top 20 best dunkers list and made the all star game 3x to never make it passed the first round of the playoffs. Right now, he's in a similar situation to Mabury.I hope they both get on a good team and gain playoff success to go along with their individual accomplishments.

Pricey

Rotation player
Q-Rich is playing alright and Crawford is shooting well, going to be a high scoring match from wat ive seen

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I hope Francis does good, too.It would be a shame for a player that averages 18 and 6,won rookie of the year,made the top 20 best dunkers list and made the all star game 3x to never make it passed the first round of the playoffs. Right now, he's in a similar situation to Mabury.I hope they both get on a good team and gain playoff success to go along with their individual accomplishments.

Francis was one of my favorite players to watch before the injuries slowed him down. He had a highlight everytime he played.

Haywood is killin EC. I can't stand EC, and Z Bo any more.

Brandon Haywood>>>Eddy Curry.

I would trade Haywood for Curry anyday.

Jamison>>>Randolph

Thats more debatable but Jamisons more versatile and hes a better defender.

Q-Rich is playing alright and Crawford is shooting well, going to be a high scoring match from wat ive seen

Since when does Q-Rich hit his shots? They said before the game that Jerome James is active. I bet we'll see him play tonight.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Anyone see that pass from Nate to EC.

And When Nate hit that Three he waved his hand on his face thats funny.