Zach Begs Isiah For A Trade

I find this story to be a little too crazy to be true, even for the Knicks, but judge for yourselves...

<object height="361" width="440">

<embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3199188" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" height="361" width="440"></object>

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Its real. I am disappointed because its Zach that aint playin to his best potential... Trade him to the NETS!!!!!! PLEASE I want RJ! (no homo)

Good find by the way.

There's a rumor that Thomas offered Zach to the Nets for Carter.
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/nets/archives/2008/01/kidd_speaks_tor.html

The Nets rejected the trade. No player that can give a team a double double nearly every night wants to play only 10 minutes. I believe Zach does want to be traded. Just another example of the disaster the Knicks are in.

Apparently the Knicks rejected a Net offer of Carter for Crawford and Jerome James. Thank god because Carter has slipped as a player, doesn't play hard every night and most importantly is another huge contract.

Pricey

Rotation player
hmmm yeah im not sure. Would u really take Crawford over Carter? i mean Crawford has had a few good games in a row but would u say he is better then Carter?
Carter had a decent game yesterday and he is a All-Star calibre player, Jamal isnt. I mean he could be the answer at SF, The side looks a lot better with him at SF, Nate at SG and Marbury if he comes back at PG?

i know what ur saying but, he isnt what he use to be but at the same time we have been going on about how we wouldnt mind if Wallace came to NY and he is nowhere near the same player he was? a little food for thought

Pricey

Rotation player
The Nets are nuts about Zach Randolph they would do almost anything for a trade.
i think its cause they can see the potential he has but has yet to be reached. Perhaps they think they can teach him to play hard defence, could u imagine Z-Bo who defends and also has the ability to score. He would be a good player.
i really hope he can learn these traits at the Knicks b4 its too late.

hmmm yeah im not sure. Would u really take Crawford over Carter? i mean Crawford has had a few good games in a row but would u say he is better then Carter?
Carter had a decent game yesterday and he is a All-Star calibre player, Jamal isnt. I mean he could be the answer at SF, The side looks a lot better with him at SF, Nate at SG and Marbury if he comes back at PG?

i know what ur saying but, he isnt what he use to be but at the same time we have been going on about how we wouldnt mind if Wallace came to NY and he is nowhere near the same player he was? a little food for thought

Carter is definitely better then Crawford but we're not winning a championship with either of them so for me I'd rather have Crawford and his contract rather then Vince and his contract.

Pricey

Rotation player
Carter is definitely better then Crawford but we're not winning a championship with either of them so for me I'd rather have Crawford and his contract rather then Vince and his contract.
good point. I def see where ur coming from.

I sometimes look at it that at the end of the day it is about winning championships and ur right, it prob wont happen with Carter but i would much rather go through a season and maybe playing playoffs then where we r currently.
I dont want to take anything away from Crawford though cause to me i think he has been the centre of our last 3 wins.

Do u think if we got Carter it would open up the eyes of a few other players around the league and make them think about maybe making the move to NY? i mean look at Boston, they aquire Garnett and Allen and they have gone from a very avg team to a possible finals side. Im not saying Carter is in that area of players along those guys but if u got Carter and then someone else who is All-Star calibre then things can dramatically change

before the season started started i thought we were ONE big name away from greatness. That's obviously not true. If we get VC, and another big move, i think we'll be set.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Hopefully Isiah doesn't trade Zach.The Knicks will not get someone good for Zach without giving up a draft pick or taking someone with a huge contract.It's not worth it.And something Isiah must also remember is that if they trade Randolph, the Knicks won't have anyone in the frontcourt who could Knock down jump shots. Our best option would become the 34%
Quentin Richardson.If Randolph really does want to be traded, Isiah should wait till the end of the year first. The less years he has on his contract, the more marketable he will become.If the Knicks trade him now, teams will just try to dump someone with a big contract on us or take all our draft picks.

Do u think if we got Carter it would open up the eyes of a few other players around the league and make them think about maybe making the move to NY? i mean look at Boston, they aquire Garnett and Allen and they have gone from a very avg team to a possible finals side. Im not saying Carter is in that area of players along those guys but if u got Carter and then someone else who is All-Star calibre then things can dramatically change

Definitely dont think that's true Carter doesn't carry that kind of weight or respect in the league. He quit in Toronto and Kidd and RJ have had issues with his effort in New Jersey. I'd much rather try to get Artest because he's not as expensive salary cap wise and you wont have to give up as much to get him. Plus the Knicks dont need scoring they need defenders.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
"There was some speculation yesterday the Nets New Jersey Nets offered Vince Carter to the Knicks, who rejected it. According to a Western Conference source claiming knowledge of the talks, though, it was the Knicks who approached the Nets, about a month ago, offering Zach Randolph for Carter. The Nets declined."
New York Post..

Its crazy Isiaherr makes an offer and gets declined.. A month later the team sends the same offer, and rejects it KNOWING Z Bo is wanting out of NY..

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I pray the Knicks don't trade Zach for someone like Carter. The last thing on planet earth we need is an aging overpaid "superstar" with a long contract - especially one without a track record of winning and playing well at crunch time and in the playoffs.

If we absolutely must get rid of Zach, we should try to get a young defensive minded PF that can offset some of Curry's weaknesses and/or a bunch of expiring contracts so we can build for the future. Someone like Cater would do one thing. He would make us just good enough to not get any good draft picks but never good enough to win it all. In the mean time he would be on the decline eating up cap money for years. What a freaking disaster that would be!

NYKnicks15

Starter
dont know where you get some of this info from. crawford and james for carter. ive yet to hear that from a valuable source. now i am not discrediting your info such seems weird to me.

but yes the knicks did offer randolph for carter but they denied it. i dont see the "they offer then we offer" thing that happened. what i see is the knicks initiating and the nets not biting.

id trade craw and james for carter in a heartbeat james and craw have large contracts and carter is still valuable and has one contract that will eventually expire. but i think a deal where randolph goes to the nets as very possible at this point.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Vince Carter has 5 years left on his contract. I would use Crawford in another trade. Jerome James contract expires after next year but if we can involve him in a good deal it would be nice not to see his name on our roster. I cant see the Nets and the Knicks makin a trade.

The best deal including Zack would be to ship him out to Indiana where he came from (originaly) Heres how I see it

Indiana gets-

Zack Randolph/4 years 13.5 million
Mardy Collins/1 year 1 million
Quentin Richardson/3 years 8 million
Fred Jones/1 year 3.3 million

Knicks get-

Jermain O'neal/2 years 20 million
Jamal Tinsley/4 years 6 million

What do you guys think?

One bad contract (J.Tinsley) for two (Z-Bo,Q)???

The best deal including Zack would be to ship him out to Indiana where he came from (originaly) Heres how I see it

Indiana gets-

Zack Randolph/4 years 13.5 million
Mardy Collins/1 year 1 million
Quentin Richardson/3 years 8 million
Fred Jones/1 year 3.3 million

Knicks get-

Jermain O'neal/2 years 20 million
Jamal Tinsley/4 years 6 million

What do you guys think?

One bad contract (J.Tinsley) for two (Z-Bo,Q)???

No more contracts please!!!!

Not to mention the Pacers wouldn't do that either.

As for Randolph I'd say keep him for now. He's a much better player then he gets credit for, dudes got serious game on the offensive end. What I like about him a lot is that for a big man, he makes his free throws which is rare. He's a guy that unlike Curry I could see improving his game. Another reason I see hope for him is that even though he's a ball hog that when he actually does pass he makes some pretty good ones. Curry on the other hand, couldn't make a pass to a hooker. If he cuts down his turnovers, learns to pass out earlier from the double teams I think he may turn out to be Isiah's best move.

When I look at Randolph I see a guy who's screaming to have a Pat Riley/Jeff Van Gundy type coach that can teach him how to play the game. The thing with him as opposed to Curry is that Zach is passionate about playing basketball and looks like he loves it. Guy like that who have skills like Zach's I wouldn't be so quick to give up on.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Trading for Vince Carter or anyone like him would be one of the dumbest moves imaginable. There is a zero percent probability that Carter will take us over the top and make us a championship caliber team next year.

He's just good enough to move us into "no man's land" where the Net are now. "No man's land" is where you are good enough to make the playoffs but have no chance to win it all. That's the worst place you can possible be when your best players are veterans. You can't trade their stupid contracts. You can't get a good draft pick. They are getting worse not better. You are doomed to years of mediocrity.

That's what Carter would do for the Knicks. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

The Nets made a massive error in resigning him. They should have blown the team up except for Jefferson. Now they are stuck with Kidd and Carter and can't win.

Guys like Kidd and Carter only have value to teams that are one player away from winning it all. Then you can eat their ridiculous contracts even though the player is on the decline because you'll have 1 or 2 years to make a legitimate run to win it all. The Knicks are nowhere near winning it all.

This would be the dumbest move in all human history.