View Poll Results: When will you say/admit that the Knicks are a better team without Stephon Marbury?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • If the Knicks get to ten games over .500 in games played without him

2 8.70%
  • ... 5 games over .500 in games played without him

1 4.35%
  • ... get to .500 in games played without him

3 13.04%
  • No matter how much they win or lose they're already better.

9 39.13%
  • Just coincidence/bad luck that its happened for the 4th time in his career, should change his #to 13

0 0%
  • Pfft you know nothing about basketball, he is and always will be Starbury so **** all you haters.

8 34.78%

Thread: At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?

Threaded View

You know the Marbury argument has been going on for so long here @ Knicks online and after going back and forth with everyone I have come to realize that there is clearly a line drawn right down the middle and either you are a Marbury lover or a Marbury hater. I fall on the latter but it's not that I hate him I just hate him on the Knicks! I think my posts have been consistent whereas I have always agreed that he is talented. He is a prolific scorer and he does put up tremendous numbers, assists included. Unfortunately his stats doesn't reflect his weaknesses, key weaknesses which are the subtle intangibles that seem to affect every team that he plays for. He is not a leader and he is not a visionary on the court. He is a 6'2" scorer, a very poor mans Dwayne Wade! Even though his numbers doesn't reflect it, when he is healthy Wade is a better over all QB that Marbury. Look, when he finally retires he will have impressive numbers and a legacy that will always bare this argument. Listen he has traveled from team to team with the notion that he is misunderstood and that he wasn't surrounded with the right team. When he is in a situation where the team is gelling; case in point when he first arrived in NY and the team was building momentum, he got Isiah's ear about Kieth VanHorn and boom, KVH was traded. Why? Because "Starbury" didn't like sharing floor time with guys that took away from his ball time. Marbury will reluctantly switch his game over to a pass first when the heat comes down on him for being selfish and then the team becomes very stagnant and Marbury's assist numbers go up slightly, his scoring goes way down and then the Marbury supporters come out and say "See, the team is not the same when Marbury is not the focal point". It's the same ol' dog and pony show with him. He has pulled this routine with every team he has played for. You know what, if the Knicks trade him tomorrow and they end up going on a tear, make the playoffs or barely miss them by a game or 2; the Marbury lovers will find an alternative explanation for why the team is doing better, like they always do. Marbury should be on a mediocre team where he is the star and that city is content with watching him do his thing and fall short of the playoffs or bow out in the first round! Oh wait, he is already in that City and on that team!!
    Last edited by hometheaterguy; Jan 18, 2008 at 05:35.