View Poll Results: When will you say/admit that the Knicks are a better team without Stephon Marbury?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • If the Knicks get to ten games over .500 in games played without him

2 8.70%
  • ... 5 games over .500 in games played without him

1 4.35%
  • ... get to .500 in games played without him

3 13.04%
  • No matter how much they win or lose they're already better.

9 39.13%
  • Just coincidence/bad luck that its happened for the 4th time in his career, should change his #to 13

0 0%
  • Pfft you know nothing about basketball, he is and always will be Starbury so **** all you haters.

8 34.78%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?

Veteran

I don't think anybody here has said Steph is a bad person. I think the "Starbury" shoes are a great idea. In fact I called a friend the other day and she said she was at Berry's picking up some shoes and I immediatly replied "you best cop some Starbury's." And I understand that loss is tough to deal with. But this is a basketball forum not a community service discussion so most of what we talk about happens on the court. In the Bulls pre-game, Kendall Gill who played with Steph said he liked Steph off the court but didn't like playing with him. That seems to be the consensus. I don't care how much money he makes, but much is asked of those that are given much. Most of us have been Knicks fans long before Steph showed up and will still be there long after he leaves. The fact is teams improve after Steph is gone for whatever reason.

I have seen Marbury have many great games though out his career, he is a talented player. When Brown came to the Knicks I thought that he might be able to find the role that would maximize Marbury's talents; like he did with AI, Billups and Snow as well (switching him from a 2 to a 1). But, we all know that Marbury (and allot of the other players as well) didn't like Brown's stern approach. You remember the story about AI calling Steph and telling him that he is going to like working with Brown? Wow, was he off!! You know, Marbury is the type of guy that wants to play his game and if you try to get him to play a system that he doesn't like, he doesn't respond well and gives up. You remember when Phil Jackson was being rumored to be interested in the NY job? He was interviewed and said that he wasn't sure if Marbury could handle the triangle offense. I think coaches are scared of him because he is a Star in the NBA and he can, and probably will, take any coaches game plan that doesn't make him the focus on offense and tank it! If you are willing to run everything through him, then you will see a happy Marbury. That means there will be games were he is untouchable one on one and then there will be games where the offense will be completely stagnant. Someone mentioned Atlanta.... That is the perfect place for him! He can go there and be a star for a team and a city that will be happy to just make the playoffs.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

MSG.

I give credit to Marbs to when he is deserved of it. I am a Catholic. I know the peace giving around. I like peace being brought to everyone.. I don't want to start an arguement.
    Shaq makes clothes and shoe products as well, Ben Wallace does too.

So MSG. I still think you are good poster, but you gotta respect another persons thoughts about the Marbury situation.

Marburys career is on the line. His surgery might end his time as a Knick.

Marbury can play there is no question about it. But I will say this again he DOES NOT have the pieces to have a Center, and a consistent SG. Which I blame Isiaherrr for But he did have a lot of chances and didn't take advantage. Marbury just might have bad luck he should change his number to 13.

You probably would never believe I was once a Marbury fan....

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I don't think anybody here has said Steph is a bad person. I think the "Starbury" shoes are a great idea. In fact I called a friend the other day and she said she was at Berry's picking up some shoes and I immediatly replied "you best cop some Starbury's." And I understand that loss is tough to deal with. But this is a basketball forum not a community service discussion so most of what we talk about happens on the court. In the Bulls pre-game, Kendall Gill who played with Steph said he liked Steph off the court but didn't like playing with him. That seems to be the consensus. I don't care how much money he makes, but much is asked of those that are given much. Most of us have been Knicks fans long before Steph showed up and will still be there long after he leaves. The fact is teams improve after Steph is gone for whatever reason.
    Theres alot of on court discussion as well and if you read this thread from the beginning theres alot of knowledge thats been dropped.

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I have seen Marbury have many great games though out his career, he is a talented player. When Brown came to the Knicks I thought that he might be able to find the role that would maximize Marbury's talents; like he did with AI, Billups and Snow as well (switching him from a 2 to a 1). But, we all know that Marbury (and allot of the other players as well) didn't like Brown's stern approach. You remember the story about AI calling Steph and telling him that he is going to like working with Brown? Wow, was he off!! You know, Marbury is the type of guy that wants to play his game and if you try to get him to play a system that he doesn't like, he doesn't respond well and gives up. You remember when Phil Jackson was being rumored to be interested in the NY job? He was interviewed and said that he wasn't sure if Marbury could handle the triangle offense. I think coaches are scared of him because he is a Star in the NBA and he can, and probably will, take any coaches game plan that doesn't make him the focus on offense and tank it! If you are willing to run everything through him, then you will see a happy Marbury. That means there will be games were he is untouchable one on one and then there will be games where the offense will be completely stagnant. Someone mentioned Atlanta.... That is the perfect place for him! He can go there and be a star for a team and a city that will be happy to just make the playoffs.
    I would love to see him go to Atlanta, thats where im hopin he ends up.

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    MSG.

I give credit to Marbs to when he is deserved of it. I am a Catholic. I know the peace giving around. I like peace being brought to everyone.. I don't want to start an arguement.
    Shaq makes clothes and shoe products as well, Ben Wallace does too.

So MSG. I still think you are good poster, but you gotta respect another persons thoughts about the Marbury situation.

Marburys career is on the line. His surgery might end his time as a Knick.

Marbury can play there is no question about it. But I will say this again he DOES NOT have the pieces to have a Center, and a consistent SG. Which I blame Isiaherrr for But he did have a lot of chances and didn't take advantage. Marbury just might have bad luck he should change his number to 13.

You probably would never believe I was once a Marbury fan....
    Your right man he does have bad luck and I also believe in peace. I knew this thread was going to be problems for me from the beginning. Outside of this thread, Ill put everything aside. Tonight we got a game that Im lookin forward to and I hope Marbury talk doesnt come up. I know your not the one who brings him up. Last nite it was getrealistic. Hopefully he wont be around tonight all I wanna do is enjoy the game.

Originally Posted by Pricey
    Man u do ur work MSG lol.

People always have and will look at the negatives ahead of the positives so he is in a no win situation. Either way we have to move on cause i doubt he will be back but i hope its not the last we see of him.
    Marbury goes all out for the less fortunate so thats the least I can do for him. I realize that he probably wont be a Knick much longer but I'll root for him any place he goes. If he goes to the Celtics, I will commit suicide.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

loooooooolso drunk

lol @ you *****s actign like starbury ****ed your mother...mad envy on one ngiga

Originally Posted by metrocard
    loooooooolso drunk

lol @ you *****s actign like starbury ****ed your mother...mad envy on one ngiga
    lol their mothers are all interns that worked for the Knicks and Marbury ****ed all them, thats what they got against him. For whatever reason they blame marbury instead of Isiah which is what makes them Isiahsexuals. People should do jail time for defendin Isiah, thats a crime. I have several unanswered facts and stats in here. Welcome back Metro, big fight tonight. Im predictin a 5th round knock out, not sure by who but sumones gettin knocked out in the 5th round.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I would love to see him go to Atlanta, thats where im hopin he ends up.
    There are only 2 ways Marbury ends up in Atlanta:
    1) Atlanta trade their entire roster to NY in so they can Match Marbueys salary.
    2) The Knicks buy out his contract and release him then Atlanta signs him for the league minimum.
    I am betting on 2.....

Letting Marbury out of his contract would be stupid for the knicks to do at this point. I would see what I could use it for over the summer, if there was a deal that I could pull off to really bring in some guys to help. Or if I could use it by the trade dead line. Freeing him up to play for whom ever he wants while we foot the bill is just BS in my book. If we are going to pay for him, then he is going to sweat it out with the rest of the team. If he wants to pout and play at half talent, then all he will do is lower his own value! If he is willing to forgo his last year in order to sign with a team of his choice, then that's a different story. I would make that deal today!!!!

12th man

Originally Posted by datruth
    thank you, i've been saying this for a while now, isiah brung stephon to be our leader and he failed.....
    Please stop being dumb.

He took us to the playoffs. He was a damn GOOD leader on the floor for his first season. Unfortunately Isiah failed to compliment the BEST PLAYER on this team and went out and got Crawford who made our offense discombobulated. Isiah got another discombobulated offensive player in Curry, making it harder for the team to win.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Isiah is a jerkoff and an awful coach, but hes still the coach. The players run the system the coach calls for.
    What system? The 23 second delayed isolation Crawford system or the 18 second waiting for Curry to get in position for an inefficient play system?

Trivia for you guys.

You subtract Marbury from the current roster, then I give a question of have this "Marburyless" roster ever taken the Knicks to the playoffs? Even at least one guy on this team?

The last good season we had was LEAD by Marbury, theres no debating that.

MSG shut this worthless thread down, we''ll always be one of the worst teams in the NBA with or without Marbury. Stop riding his dick as the problem and supposedly solution to everything. Our biggest problems go pass beyond Marbury. No need to mention them they've been mention already.
    Last edited by metrocard; Jan 20, 2008 at 04:07.

The last 5 ****ty seasons we had was LEAD by Marbury, theres no debating that.
    Fixed

I just can't let you get away with that one metro. The last good season we had was led By Van Gundy, Camby, Spre etc etc. Finishing 39-43 in an atrocious eastern conference, that was good enough to get a 7th seed to only get humiliated by the Nets in a 1st round sweep is not a successful season. I hope your standards with women are higher then your standards for the Knicks.

The more I read this thread, the more obvious the problem becomes.

The one thing we can all agree on is that a lot of people don't like Marbury. Unfortunately that includes some of his former and current teammates. It really doesn't matter why people dislike him or whether it is all justified or not. It's a simple and obvious fact.

Personally, I don't think it's possible for a team to function well when some of the players don't like one of the other key players on the team. That goes double when that player is the PG and is supposed to be one of the leaders on the team.

It really doesn't matter how talented Marbury is.

It really doesn't matter if he's the best player on the team.

It really doesn't matter what he would be able to do with better players around him.

It really doesn't matter what his individual stats look like.

It really doesn't matter how bad the coach is.

It doesn't matter how much he gives to kids privately.

It doesn't matter why people don't like him.

For Marbury to succeed in any way, shape, or form he's going to have to either change his personality or find a team that likes him the way he is. I don't think that place is NY.

12th man

Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    I just can't let you get away with that one metro. The last good season we had was led By Van Gundy, Camby, Spre etc etc. Finishing 39-43 in an atrocious eastern conference, that was good enough to get a 7th seed to only get humiliated by the Nets in a 1st round sweep is not a successful season. I hope your standards with women are higher then your standards for the Knicks.
    You didn't watch the Knicks in 03-04, don't speak to me. I said the LAST good Knicks season you pendejo, meaning most recent. We went 23-19 with Marbury and had a solid defense, and lost to an elite Nets team in the first round, still it was a huge turn around and we had something going until Isiah decided to go on a trade madness. You're hating on the Knicks now for making the playoffs. Making the playoffs isn't even successful compared to where we're at right now? You disgust me really, anytime Knicks make the playoffs, I feel really good because I'm a fan knowing they're getting experience and can build off that next season. At this point with all the mess Isiah created, making the playoffs is hopeless; we have a roster set up with losing players that can never lead this team the playoffs, not even once.

Marbury lead this team all 5 seasons as a Knick? You're really an idiot.

Marbury only had control of this team for like 2 seasons, once Crawford came here and then Curry, they were proclaimed as the cornerstone players and were given more touches. Marbury agreed to decrease his shot attempts so two lesser players in Curry and Crawful would get more touches, which resulted in more losing. How is that leading a team to losing? Marbury just agreed to play within Isiah's losing method.

lol...don't even come here and lie about your game with bitches, I'm not even here to argue silly childish **** like that, you do your thing I do my mines...why goods with your assumptions lately? You forgot to spit facts?

Originally Posted by knicklover
    The more I read this thread, the more obvious the problem becomes.

The one thing we can all agree on is that a lot of people don't like Marbury. Unfortunately that includes some of his former and current teammates. It really doesn't matter why people dislike him or whether it is all justified or not. It's a simple and obvious fact.

Personally, I don't think it's possible for a team to function well when some of the players don't like one of the other key players on the team. That goes double when that player is the PG and is supposed to be one of the leaders on the team.

It really doesn't matter how talented Marbury is.

It really doesn't matter if he's the best player on the team.

It really doesn't matter what he would be able to do with better players around him.

It really doesn't matter what his individual stats look like.

It really doesn't matter how bad the coach is.

It doesn't matter how much he gives to kids privately.

It doesn't matter why people don't like him.

For Marbury to succeed in any way, shape, or form he's going to have to either change his personality or find a team that likes him the way he is. I don't think that place is NY.
    It doesn't matter what you post.

It doesn't matter what you post.
    That was pretty funny, but you know I'm telling the truth.

Just read this forum, any Knicks blog, any newspaper etc.... Many of his current and former teammates don't like him and neither does a huge precentage of the fans or press. A team simply can't win under those conditions. That makes all these debates about 03-04, individual stats, leadership etc.... meaningless.

All I am doing is reporting the reality of the situation. Even if I loved him (no homo), it wouldn't change that reality.

12th man

Hating Marbury personality isn't really going to do anything or prove anything correct.

If you hate him so much, go fight him. I wish every Marbury hater on here got in line to fight against a 6"2 205 lb dude from BK and get their ass kicked on video, that would be a pleasure. Debo time.