View Poll Results: When will you say/admit that the Knicks are a better team without Stephon Marbury?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • If the Knicks get to ten games over .500 in games played without him

    2 8.70%
  • ... 5 games over .500 in games played without him

    1 4.35%
  • ... get to .500 in games played without him

    3 13.04%
  • No matter how much they win or lose they're already better.

    9 39.13%
  • Just coincidence/bad luck that its happened for the 4th time in his career, should change his #to 13

    0 0%
  • Pfft you know nothing about basketball, he is and always will be Starbury so **** all you haters.

    8 34.78%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 131

Thread: At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?

  1. #91
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicklover
    neither does a huge precentage of the fans or press.
    So how do you account for the fact that he has the 9th most selling jersey.
    Somebody must be buying em??

    Top 15 Jerseys:
    1. Kevin Garnett
    2. Kobe Bryant
    3. Allen Iverson
    4. LeBron James
    5. Steve Nash
    6. Dwyane Wade
    7. Gilbert Arenas
    8. Dirk Nowitzki
    9. Stephon Marbury
    10. Carmelo Anthony
    11. Kevin Durant
    12. Paul Pierce
    13. Tracy McGrady
    14. Dwight Howard
    15. Chris Paul

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #92
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    So how do you account for the fact that he has the 9th most selling jersey.
    Somebody must be buying em??

    Top 15 Jerseys:
    1. Kevin Garnett
    2. Kobe Bryant
    3. Allen Iverson
    4. LeBron James
    5. Steve Nash
    6. Dwyane Wade
    7. Gilbert Arenas
    8. Dirk Nowitzki
    9. Stephon Marbury
    10. Carmelo Anthony
    11. Kevin Durant
    12. Paul Pierce
    13. Tracy McGrady
    14. Dwight Howard
    15. Chris Paul

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. #93
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Hating Marbury personality isn't really going to do anything or prove anything correct.

    If you hate him so much, go fight him. I wish every Marbury hater on here got in line to fight against a 6"2 205 lb dude from BK and get their ass kicked on video, that would be a pleasure. Debo time.
    True, expressing one's hate towards him will not change or correct anything. But, expressing your opinion about Marbury is exactly what this thread is asking for and seems to be more active than any other thread on the site right now!

    I would agree that the Knicks problem goes WAY beyond Marbury at this point. In order for the Knicks to start righting this ship they need to make some key personnel changes and both Marbury and Isiah should be at the top of the list along with a few other players! The philosophy that is in place right now is so non-productive and clueless that unless there is a change soon; the Knicks situation might become irreplaceable for a long time. If we bring in anymore high priced long term contracts to add on to what we already have; this City and this Franchise will enter an ice age! Not that we are far from on now. Marbury is just one component, be it a key component, to what ails the Knicks. Marbury, Curry, Crawford and now Randolph epitomizes the character and attitude of a NY Knick! Is it Marbury's fault that Isiah basically cloned him with the acquisitions that he made? No, but Marbury also made it impossible for multiple coaches to put any type of system in place if it didn't make him the focal point of attack. All the Stephon supporters say that He didn't ask to be a leader or a mentor or a floor general, yet he has stated many times (to reporters) that he can't understand why he is not looked upon as one of the premier players in this league and why his PG skills isn't heralded. When you have a "me" attitude as a 6'2" guard, where your agenda comes before an entire organization throughout your whole career; do you really think you are going to be hoisted up and revered?
    Isiah is another one, he sits time after time in front of the camera with that sugary sweet attitude and charm and with the biggest set up balls that has come down the pike, has the nerve to say that he has made this team better than it has been in a long time. I mean, the nerve of this man to talk to every Knick fan and beat reporter like we a retards is appalling. What is worse, he actually believes that he has improved this team. Talking about illusions of grandeur! What ever he is smoking or swallowing is some of the most potent stuff ever created to believe he is the savior he thinks he is. Talking about a spin doctor!!!!!!
    So no it is not all Stephon's fault but yes he is a huge part. If Isiah is the gasoline, Marbury is the fire fore sure!

  4. #94
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    So how do you account for the fact that he has the 9th most selling jersey.
    Somebody must be buying em??

    Top 15 Jerseys:
    1. Kevin Garnett
    2. Kobe Bryant
    3. Allen Iverson
    4. LeBron James
    5. Steve Nash
    6. Dwyane Wade
    7. Gilbert Arenas
    8. Dirk Nowitzki
    9. Stephon Marbury
    10. Carmelo Anthony
    11. Kevin Durant
    12. Paul Pierce
    13. Tracy McGrady
    14. Dwight Howard
    15. Chris Paul

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    i actually contributed to that, lol

  5. #95
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    What did Lee say in the press conference.......umm what was it? Oh yeah, he said the whole team supports Marbury, they want him back, and they all know hes a real good guy.

    Anyone still arguin against Marbury is a F*ckin idiot

    I dropped more knowledge then Krs on everyone. I brought up several key points and facts that were never responded to.

    Metro has owned everyone. Now Trin Star comes in and owns Knicklover. This arguement was over so long ago.

    Props to Metro, Trin Star, GoknicksDlee42, ABCD, and Pricey. We shut them the F*ck down!!!!! I wish they came with more, it was kind of boring and too easy.

  6. #96
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Just to make it official.......


  7. #97
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    simple and plain, stephon is a shooting guard in a PGs body, he's is not a floor general and isiah belief that stephon was going be the savior failed, if stephon dont get his act together, he never going win a damn thing
    Last edited by datruth; Jan 20, 2008 at 13:58.

  8. #98
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,048
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    So how do you account for the fact that he has the 9th most selling jersey.
    Somebody must be buying em??

    Top 15 Jerseys:
    1. Kevin Garnett
    2. Kobe Bryant
    3. Allen Iverson
    4. LeBron James
    5. Steve Nash
    6. Dwyane Wade
    7. Gilbert Arenas
    8. Dirk Nowitzki
    9. Stephon Marbury
    10. Carmelo Anthony
    11. Kevin Durant
    12. Paul Pierce
    13. Tracy McGrady
    14. Dwight Howard
    15. Chris Paul

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Steph is the only name player on arguably the largest market in the country so its no surprise his jersey sells. He is cool with all the "tats" and hip-hop image and rebellious attitude so that sells. But the fact that 25 and unders buy his jersey does not make him a good teamate and that's what we are talking about here.

    MSG--I know you think you are droppin all this knowledge on us, but the fact is there are plenty of us Knicks fans that will never like Steph in a Knick uni. Four out of five since Steph quit on us again should be telling you a lot. The Knicks are playing there best hoops of the season without all of the drama Steph brings along with the talent. If you can't see that than you can't see the forest because all of the trees.

  9. #99
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    simple and plain, stephon is a shooting guard in a PGs body, he's is not a floor general and isiah belief that stephon was going be the savior failed, if stephon dont get his act together, he never going win a damn thing
    oh word my brother?


    Originally Posted by datruth
    ya a bunch of haters, if u say marbury is wack, u must think the whole knick squad is wack cuz marbury is the best...marbury is not a larry brown PG, he is also a better shooter than passer...only thing i dont like about marbury is that sometimes he over passes, he sometimes passes too much and thats cuz he trying to keep all ya haters happy

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Check out that thread, Trinn Starr holding it down as a one man wrecking team...posted the facts, articles, and drop the knowledge, basically deboing heads.

  10. #100

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You didn't watch the Knicks in 03-04, don't speak to me. I said the LAST good Knicks season you pendejo, meaning most recent. We went 23-19 with Marbury and had a solid defense, and lost to an elite Nets team in the first round, still it was a huge turn around and we had something going until Isiah decided to go on a trade madness. You're hating on the Knicks now for making the playoffs. Making the playoffs isn't even successful compared to where we're at right now? You disgust me really, anytime Knicks make the playoffs, I feel really good because I'm a fan knowing they're getting experience and can build off that next season. At this point with all the mess Isiah created, making the playoffs is hopeless; we have a roster set up with losing players that can never lead this team the playoffs, not even once.

    Marbury lead this team all 5 seasons as a Knick? You're really an idiot.

    Marbury only had control of this team for like 2 seasons, once Crawford came here and then Curry, they were proclaimed as the cornerstone players and were given more touches. Marbury agreed to decrease his shot attempts so two lesser players in Curry and Crawful would get more touches, which resulted in more losing. How is that leading a team to losing? Marbury just agreed to play within Isiah's losing method.

    lol...don't even come here and lie about your game with bitches, I'm not even here to argue silly childish **** like that, you do your thing I do my mines...why goods with your assumptions lately? You forgot to spit facts?




    It doesn't matter what you post.
    Dude if you think going 39-43, getting swept and humiliated by the Nets in the first round is a successful season then you and I really can't have a conversation about anything knick related. In fact yes, I would rather have a poor record with young players like we've had the past few seasons then a team of Stephon Marbury and a bunch of over the hill, veteran cast offs that isn't going anywhere.

  11. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Hating Marbury personality isn't really going to do anything or prove anything correct.

    If you hate him so much, go fight him. I wish every Marbury hater on here got in line to fight against a 6"2 205 lb dude from BK and get their ass kicked on video, that would be a pleasure. Debo time.
    Gee Metro, I didn't say anything about me or anyone else hating him personally.

    I said if his teammates don't like him there is no way the team will perform well - especially because he's one of the most important pieces on the team. If you don't understand that a team cannot function well in that kind of environment, then we can't even have a conversation because this is a very basic thing.

    In addition, I said the evidence that many people (teammates, fans, press etc...) don't like him is very apparent. That's what makes all these arguments about stats and prior seasons irrelevant.

  12. #102
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Steph is the only name player on arguably the largest market in the country so its no surprise his jersey sells. He is cool with all the "tats" and hip-hop image and rebellious attitude so that sells. But the fact that 25 and unders buy his jersey does not make him a good teamate and that's what we are talking about here.

    MSG--I know you think you are droppin all this knowledge on us, but the fact is there are plenty of us Knicks fans that will never like Steph in a Knick uni. Four out of five since Steph quit on us again should be telling you a lot. The Knicks are playing there best hoops of the season without all of the drama Steph brings along with the talent. If you can't see that than you can't see the forest because all of the trees.
    First of all I would like to recommend reading the link posted by Metro to all Marbury haters. Trin_Star is the man, He is Kimbo and stay the F*ck outta his way.

    Jimchief, stfu. How you gonna bring up us winning 4 out of the last 5?

    • Wizards beat Celtics Twice
    • Pistons played 4th game in 5 days, after an OT win against Bobcats
    • Miami ****in Sucks and we should have killed them!!!!

    You cant F*ckin read, I posted up stats that showed that we were playing better before Marbury got hurt. Read everything in this post before opening your F*ckin mouth next time. Dont waste my F*ckin time with bull**** replies like this.

  13. #103
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicklover
    Gee Metro, I didn't say anything about me or anyone else hating him personally.

    I said if his teammates don't like him there is no way the team will perform well - especially because he's one of the most important pieces on the team. If you don't understand that a team cannot function well in that kind of environment, then we can't even have a conversation because this is a very basic thing.

    In addition, I said the evidence that many people (teammates, fans, press etc...) don't like him is very apparent. That's what makes all these arguments about stats and prior seasons irrelevant.
    Please read above to see what David Lee said about Marbury. I couldnt find a link to the interview but Im sure theres gotta be someone who can verify that they saw it.

  14. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    So how do you account for the fact that he has the 9th most selling jersey.
    Somebody must be buying em??

    Top 15 Jerseys:
    1. Kevin Garnett
    2. Kobe Bryant
    3. Allen Iverson
    4. LeBron James
    5. Steve Nash
    6. Dwyane Wade
    7. Gilbert Arenas
    8. Dirk Nowitzki
    9. Stephon Marbury
    10. Carmelo Anthony
    11. Kevin Durant
    12. Paul Pierce
    13. Tracy McGrady
    14. Dwight Howard
    15. Chris Paul

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    NY is the largest market. He's from NY. Plus, he's supposedly the "star" of the team. So it does not surprise me that his jersey sells a lot. In addition, saying that some of his current and former teammates, fans, press etc.. don't like him is not the same as saying that he doesn't ALSO have some diehard fans. He obviously has some diehard fans. For every poster here that hates him, there are guys like Metro, MSG etc.. that support him strongly. Plus he has given a lot to charity and I'm sure that has also made many fans.

    However, none of that has anything to do with my point.

    My point is that if some of your current teammates don't like you, there is no way the team is going to do well when you are a key component of that team. Stats and arguments about 2003/2004, the Nets, Suns etc... are idiotic because they miss the point.

    In addition, if some of his current teammates don't like him, some of his former teammates didn't like him, many of the fans don't like him, and some of the press doesn't like him, JUST MAYBE it could be HIS FAULT.

  15. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    What did Lee say in the press conference.......umm what was it? Oh yeah, he said the whole team supports Marbury, they want him back, and they all know hes a real good guy. Anyone still arguin against Marbury is a F*ckin idiot

    The only idiots here are the people that think that what a person says to the press is what he really thinks.

    There are republicans that tell the press every day that they think the war in Iraq was a good idea and that they support the president. They do that because they are part of a team (politics) not because that's what they really think or feel.

    If Lee told the press exactly what the players really think he would be doing exactly the wrong thing. He would have created a more hostile environment and controversy. It's a basic mature response to say "I support my teammates etc.." even when you think he's disruptive etc...

    It must be terrible to be so biased that you can't take even the slightest bit of criticism, have to ignore the press reports that disagree with your points of view, and don't notice all the haters here.

    It's so simple. The very fact that you are constantly here defending him from many people is proving beyond any showdow of a doubt that he's a controversial and disruptive force.

Similar Threads

  1. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 21:10
  2. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  3. Sacramento Kings vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/2/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2008, 15:00
  4. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 16:37
  5. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •