At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?

When will you say/admit that the Knicks are a better team without Stephon Marbury?

• If the Knicks get to ten games over .500 in games played without him

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • ... 5 games over .500 in games played without him

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • ... get to .500 in games played without him

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No matter how much they win or lose they're already better.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Just coincidence/bad luck that its happened for the 4th time in his career, should change his #to 13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pfft you know nothing about basketball, he is and always will be Starbury so fuck all you haters.

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
A 3 game win streak and an overall record of 6-8 without him is not a fair enough sample to judge however talk amongst Knicks fans is rampant now ,more then ever that this team is better off without Stephon Marbury. What do you think?

I will now self destruct after posting this thread...

Pricey

Rotation player
i def think they r not better off with him not playing but we have played some good ball the last 3 games while he has been injured.
i would like to see us play a few more games against quality sides to see how we run the ball and that before i make my mind up.
The 3 wins have come against Detroit who was coming off back to back matches including OT against Charlotte, then Washington who was coming off a back to back and then the Nets who we r now 3-0 against this season so i still havent been moved away from Marbury.
Its a good question though, im not sure how long it will take to find out if this is the case or not.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I cant believe you made this thread.

At no point will I think the Knicks are better without Marbury. They were starting to play better before he got hurt. Alot of it is because of the month that Robinson and Crawford are having (check my game thread for stats) and because Balkman is finally playin. I think if Marbury had been playin the past 3 games we still wouldve won but all I can do their is speculate.

If we continue to play well, then Marbury comes back and we start to lose then I will say we are a better team without him. I see this not goin away no matter what, people will continue to bring up Marburys name. Some of us will have fair criticism, some of us will have unfair criticism, and others like myslef will continue to defend him.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I already said it about 6 months ago after the season ended. I just was pissed to see a professional athlete drunk and high on television "trying" to make a good name for himself sellin Starbury's.

Plus his previous teams he didn't lead them up to anything special. He is a talent don't get me wrong ,but a right team has to find him at one point. Do I see him a success in another team? That question will be answered as "No". He is simply done. No one NO ONE wants him....

you cant really jjudge by tht record, b/c our overall record sucks. But we are NOT a better team witout steph. He is a top 10 pg no doubt. When healthy he his the best player on this team. Steph steps up when needed the most. Do i have to bring up the stats from last year again??? There is no way this team is better without stephon marbury. period. wate a minute, i will bring up those stats one more time for all the haters:

DECEMBER

12/1 - 13 pts, 6 assists
12/2 - 15 pts 4 asst
12/4 - 16, 6
12/6 - 16, 4
12/9 - 2, 9assists
12/16 - 31, 8
12/18 - 29, 8
12/20 - 10, 9
12/22 - 19, 8
12/27 - 41, 8
12/29 - 14, 8

JANUARY

1/2 - 17, 8
1/3 - 17, 7
1/5 - 28, 4
1/10 - 24, 6
1/12 - 28, 5
1/15 - 25, 8, 4 STEALS
1/17 - 9, 8
1/19 - 23, 7
1/20 - 22, 6
1/26 - 9, 13
1/28 - 15, 8
1/30 - 22, 1

FEBRUARY

2/3 - 14, 2
2/6 - 15, 7
2/10 - 7, 6
2/13 - 8, 9
2/14 - 7, 8
2/23 - 22, 8
2/25 - 22, 2
2/28 - 23, 6

MARCH

3/2 - 34, 5
3/3 - 38, 9, 5 STEALS
3/6 - 40, 3
3/10 - 15, 5
3/14 - 31, 9
3/16 - 8, 5
3/18 - 21, 9
3/22 - 17, 6
3/26 - 32, 4
3/28 - 16,8
3/30 - 43, 3

APRIL

4/4 - 30, 6
4/6 - 6, 0 (12 MINUTES)

Pricey

Rotation player
you cant really jjudge by tht record, b/c our overall record sucks. But we are NOT a better team witout steph. He is a top 10 pg no doubt. When healthy he his the best player on this team. Steph steps up when needed the most. Do i have to bring up the stats from last year again??? There is no way this team is better without stephon marbury. period. wate a minute, i will bring up those stats one more time for all the haters:

DECEMBER

12/1 - 13 pts, 6 assists
12/2 - 15 pts 4 asst
12/4 - 16, 6
12/6 - 16, 4
12/9 - 2, 9assists
12/16 - 31, 8
12/18 - 29, 8
12/20 - 10, 9
12/22 - 19, 8
12/27 - 41, 8
12/29 - 14, 8

JANUARY

1/2 - 17, 8
1/3 - 17, 7
1/5 - 28, 4
1/10 - 24, 6
1/12 - 28, 5
1/15 - 25, 8, 4 STEALS
1/17 - 9, 8
1/19 - 23, 7
1/20 - 22, 6
1/26 - 9, 13
1/28 - 15, 8
1/30 - 22, 1

FEBRUARY

2/3 - 14, 2
2/6 - 15, 7
2/10 - 7, 6
2/13 - 8, 9
2/14 - 7, 8
2/23 - 22, 8
2/25 - 22, 2
2/28 - 23, 6

MARCH

3/2 - 34, 5
3/3 - 38, 9, 5 STEALS
3/6 - 40, 3
3/10 - 15, 5
3/14 - 31, 9
3/16 - 8, 5
3/18 - 21, 9
3/22 - 17, 6
3/26 - 32, 4
3/28 - 16,8
3/30 - 43, 3

APRIL

4/4 - 30, 6
4/6 - 6, 0 (12 MINUTES)
those r some serious stats lol. the kid can play when he wants to.
It will be interesting to see what happens when Crawford and Nate have a bad game at the same time and see fi we r missing him cause this scenario will happen at some time. Do u think Jones will step up and lead from the front?? i dont know, maybe but i would like Marbury there or someone of his calibre helping us

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Great stats, what a year he had last year. He almost led us to the playoffs until he got injured. You cant go by what he did in the past i think hes a changed man and hes ready to lead whoever wants him to the playoffs and hopefully further. Im goin to the gym rite now but Im sure theres gonna be alot more hate in here then there already so we'll see whatsup when I get back.

the only reason these guys are saying we're better wihtout steph is cuz jamal and nate are shootin great. once they hit cold streaks, i wanna hear what they gotta say then

I cant believe you made this thread.

At no point will I think the Knicks are better without Marbury. They were starting to play better before he got hurt. Alot of it is because of the month that Robinson and Crawford are having (check my game thread for stats) and because Balkman is finally playin. I think if Marbury had been playin the past 3 games we still wouldve won but all I can do their is speculate.

If we continue to play well, then Marbury comes back and we start to lose then I will say we are a better team without him. I see this not goin away no matter what, people will continue to bring up Marburys name. Some of us will have fair criticism, some of us will have unfair criticism, and others like myslef will continue to defend him.

I made it for the poll, I had no idea the thread gets posted before the poll does.

Pricey

Rotation player
the only reason these guys are saying we're better wihtout steph is cuz jamal and nate are shootin great. once they hit cold streaks, i wanna hear what they gotta say then
CORRECT!!!!
im enjoying the ride though, sometimes when u win games u shouldnt cause ur a avg team they mean more then when ur a gun side and wins r wins.

Pricey

Rotation player
Locally Marbury doesn't say anything. Guess what I saw yesterday Jamal actually was being a local leader by yellin "Box OUT!" He is comin along well.
If this is true then it can only be a good thing for the Knicks, has taken a while but im happy about that

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
man forget stephon, the offense is looking much more crisp without em and the team seems like they having fun out there, i wanna see players that u know is going put 100% effort no matter who they playing and i just dont see dat from steph anymore, i dont wanna see this guy in a knick uniform anymore

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It is unfair to say the Knicks are better without Marbury, because by saying that, you're saying everyone on the team is playing well and he's just holding them back. If this was true, then the Knicks would've started winning games in Dec., when he left after his father's death.The main reason the Knicks won these three games is cause Jamal and Nate were on fire all these games.It will be very hard for the Knicks to win, if these players get cold(especially Crawford).Marbury definitely has not played as well as he should've this year, but the bottom line is the Knicks have not played well this year, whether he's on or off the court. The Knicks only have 6 wins with him out of the lineup, and we're midway passed January. That doesn't look like a team that's better without Marbury to me.

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
I already said it about 6 months ago after the season ended. I just was pissed to see a professional athlete drunk and high on television "trying" to make a good name for himself sellin Starbury's.

Plus his previous teams he didn't lead them up to anything special. He is a talent don't get me wrong ,but a right team has to find him at one point. Do I see him a success in another team? That question will be answered as "No". He is simply done. No one NO ONE wants him....

NyKnicks126 me and and you have had numerous arguements and for the most part rarely agree, but i couldn't agree with you more on this post. You are 100 % right

jimkcchief88

All Star

DECEMBER

12/1 - 13 pts, 6 assists
12/2 - 15 pts 4 asst
12/4 - 16, 6
12/6 - 16, 4
12/9 - 2, 9assists
12/16 - 31, 8
12/18 - 29, 8
12/20 - 10, 9
12/22 - 19, 8
12/27 - 41, 8
12/29 - 14, 8

JANUARY

1/2 - 17, 8
1/3 - 17, 7
1/5 - 28, 4
1/10 - 24, 6
1/12 - 28, 5
1/15 - 25, 8, 4 STEALS
1/17 - 9, 8
1/19 - 23, 7
1/20 - 22, 6
1/26 - 9, 13
1/28 - 15, 8
1/30 - 22, 1

FEBRUARY

2/3 - 14, 2
2/6 - 15, 7
2/10 - 7, 6
2/13 - 8, 9
2/14 - 7, 8
2/23 - 22, 8
2/25 - 22, 2
2/28 - 23, 6

MARCH

3/2 - 34, 5
3/3 - 38, 9, 5 STEALS
3/6 - 40, 3
3/10 - 15, 5
3/14 - 31, 9
3/16 - 8, 5
3/18 - 21, 9
3/22 - 17, 6
3/26 - 32, 4
3/28 - 16,8
3/30 - 43, 3

APRIL

4/4 - 30, 6
4/6 - 6, 0 (12 MINUTES)

Are these stats from this year or last year??? How do you use last year's stats to prove how Steph is helping the team this year??? The bottomline is the team doesn't want to play with Steph(they voted and said as much) and Steph has proved that he doesn't like Isiah or his system and doesn't want to be here. It doesn't matter if he is the best player on the Knicks(which is debatable), he is not helping with his attitude toward the team. Basketball is a team sport and the most talent doesn't always win. The championship Spurs are the perfect example. Lebron James was the most talented player on the floor at any given time last year but the Spurs handled them easily by playing as a team. Haven't you played a pick-up game against so called players but beat them because they won't share the ball or are too busy arguing??? It is no coincidence that Nate and Jamal are playing better without Steph there. Without Steph they are sharing the ball and the responsibilities and feeding the post and everybody gets to eat. Even though the sample is still small being only three games the evidence is right in front of your face. Its like Ripley's: "Believe it or Not."

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
All the Marbury fans need to just let it go. I never once said the guy doesn't have talent, but he just doesn't fit in with the culture and the players we have here. Personally I think he's to ME first to fit in anywhere he goes(just listen to KG's interview about Marbury)

Are we a good team without Marbury? No were still not a good team, but you guys have to be honest we are better without him then with him. Jamal is far from the protypical PG but i like him much better on the ball then off the ball. Everybody says Marbury can drive by almost anybody, but Jamal is close to uncoverable one on one, his cross over is rediculous. If he ever realizes this and drives to the basket more he has the potential to be a good player.

But back to Marbury, his time here has passed. I know some of you love him for some reason or another, but hes never done anything positive here so just let it go.

It is unfair to say the Knicks are better without Marbury, because by saying that, you're saying everyone on the team is playing well and he's just holding them back. If this was true, then the Knicks would've started winning games in Dec., when he left after his father's death.The main reason the Knicks won these three games is cause Jamal and Nate were on fire all these games.It will be very hard for the Knicks to win, if these players get cold(especially Crawford).Marbury definitely has not played as well as he should've this year, but the bottom line is the Knicks have not played well this year, whether he's on or off the court. The Knicks only have 6 wins with him out of the lineup, and we're midway passed January. That doesn't look like a team that's better without Marbury to me.

That's not what the point of the thread though the question at what point would you be convinced that this is the case. For me if the Knicks play .500 or better without him for the rest of the season I'd have to say yes they play better without him.

GetRealistic

Starter
Are these stats from this year or last year??? How do you use last year's stats to prove how Steph is helping the team this year??? The bottomline is the team doesn't want to play with Steph(they voted and said as much) and Steph has proved that he doesn't like Isiah or his system and doesn't want to be here. It doesn't matter if he is the best player on the Knicks(which is debatable), he is not helping with his attitude toward the team. Basketball is a team sport and the most talent doesn't always win. The championship Spurs are the perfect example. Lebron James was the most talented player on the floor at any given time last year but the Spurs handled them easily by playing as a team. Haven't you played a pick-up game against so called players but beat them because they won't share the ball or are too busy arguing??? It is no coincidence that Nate and Jamal are playing better without Steph there. Without Steph they are sharing the ball and the responsibilities and feeding the post and everybody gets to eat. Even though the sample is still small being only three games the evidence is right in front of your face. Its like Ripley's: "Believe it or Not."

You said it absolutely right.