Thomas turning down deals

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
According to NY Post Thomas has been turning down deals left and right.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01182008/sports/knicks/trade_winds_around_knicks_6212.htm

Thomas rejected a proposal from the Kings for Robinson and Balkman for Artest. The Knicks are banking on Artest signing after the season.

The Cavs are reportedly interested in Crawford for Larry Huges.

Huges is a better defender than Crawford but Crawford's the better scorer of the two.

Your thoughts. Should Thomas has traded Nate and Balkman for Artest? Can Artest lead us to the play offs this year? We are six games out, two 3 game winning streaks can do it.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i would trade them balkman for artest but not both nate and balkman, honestly, i dont wanna see nate go anywhere

as for the jamal for hughes, i wont trade jamal for anybody on dat team not named lebron james

Starks

Starter
Larry Hughes is a joke. A season ot two ago, Thomas makes that trade. I really think Thomas has really gotten used to second guessing himself after all those horrible moves he made when he first got here. He might be embarrassed to do anything for fear of making yet another horrible decsison.

I think he gotten to a point where his horrible managerial history is louder than his career as a Piston.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
naw Robinson is like untouchable...well he should be...Balkman and Robinson are a big part of us winning 3 games strait...Robinson is playing way 2 good 2 be in the trade talks...and as for as for Hughes for Crawford...NO...Crawford might have bad nights alot but Hughes has them all the time

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
gotta agree with IT on not going for either of these moves... Hughes is a BUMB (not even a hobo) and Artest isn't gonna magically save this season so just be patient and let him come to us if he wants to be here so badly

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I gotta give Isiah credit. He turned down two deals that he should've.Larry Hughes' defense is overrated, cause he's always injured, so how could he use it? And Ron Artest has said that he would like to play for New York, so the Knicks could just sign him when his contract expires.

first off, six games out does not mean six more wins, it will take a lot more than two more three game winning streaks to get back into the playoff picture. the key is consistancy and not streakiness. so once the knicks put together a stretch of 7 or 8 wins out of 10 games, then we can say theyre on a roll.

as far as those trades. theyre all terrible ideas and were lucky IT didnt pull the trigger. artest will be a knick by the end of next summer, charlie villanueva, bobby simmons, and dan gadzuric are bench bums and nowhere equal value for zbo and balkman. lastly, larry hughes would be a terrible addition. for some reason, people think that hes the same player he was 3 years ago but his shot is terrible and he can only be counted on to play 50-60games a year because of injury issues. no way do you trade him for crawford.

the knicks need intelligent youth and some shooters. i hear a lot about bibby, but i dont want him. hes past his prime and looks to be going down the often injured path, as well. we dont need sacto 2.0 in nyc next year. artest will be enough.

HOW ABOUT TRADING CURRY FOR A TOP 15 PICK NEXT YEAR??? with a 2 potential top 15 picks in next years draft we can pick up some quality guys to go along with crawford, nate, lee, balkman, zbo

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I like your thinking, GM in 2020.I also think the Knicks should trade Curry.He's a very good low post player, but his defense is disgusting.I know pointguards that could lock a player better than him, and he's 6-11.And I also thought the Hughes and Artest deal isn't smart either.And Mike Bibby is getting older, so you can't count on him to do what he used to do in Sacramento and in Vancouver.I gave you a rep point for that post.Another guy I think needs more credit is Zach Randolph. His defense sucks, but I see him at least putting a hand up and staying on his man. And at least he can rebound, and he's been passing the ball better as of late.

Last edited:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
well just 4 this season we should keep Curry...cuz if lee gets injured and stuff were gonna have 2 use James or Morris....well idk we wont have no low post presence if we gonna trade Curry atleast we need a center or PF

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I agree that trading both Nate and Balkman would not be a good trade but unlike some of you, I believe the acquisition of Artest would be a good thing. I posted a trade in the ESPN Trade Machine thread which points it out factors which would make a trade successful.

The fact of the matter is, though we are winning, our perimeter defense is still suspect, our interior defense is suspect. We are playing harder and this is a commendable thing, but we can not honestly say that our defense is that much better. Getting someone like Artest, I believe will allow us to not only get to the playoffs, but get through the 1st round at least.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree that trading both Nate and Balkman would not be a good trade but unlike some of you, I believe the acquisition of Artest would be a good thing. I posted a trade in the ESPN Trade Machine thread which points it out factors which would make a trade successful.

The fact of the matter is, though we are winning, our perimeter defense is still suspect, our interior defense is suspect. We are playing harder and this is a commendable thing, but we can not honestly say that our defense is that much better. Getting someone like Artest, I believe will allow us to not only get to the playoffs, but get through the 1st round at least.

Agreed and I would think about giving up Balkman alone but Balkman and Nate.....no way. At this point Im finally changin my mind and sayin we should just wait til hes a free agent and sign him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
well just 4 this season we should keep Curry...cuz if lee gets injured and stuff were gonna have 2 use James or Morris....well idk we wont have no low post presence if we gonna trade Curry atleast we need a center or PF
I agree. I think Curry needs time to get used to playing with Zach, before he gets traded. But he really needs to get his act together now. This is his 3rd year in New York, and he hasn't improved his defense or rebounding at all.And now he's struggling to score, too. Last year, Curry had countless number of 20+ point games. This year, he's maybe had 4 or 5.

NYKnicks15

Starter
if steph comes back. or nate continues to play as he has you make the hughes trade and without giving up nate you make the artest trade. but thats a lot of IFS.

The only reason i say do this is for D. and we would run the offense downlow which is how nba should be played to begin with. easy buckets.

if we could swing a deal where crawford for hughes (would prolly contain another player or two) im guessin we somehow get gooden back. and use jeffries or better yet Q with Balkman and get Artest.. a Curry/Randolph/Artest/Hughes/Robinson team wouldnt look that bad. youd still have lee, morris, chandler, jones and collins coming off the bench. itd be a solid team. not anything to rave about but definitely a unit that will play hard and tough nose defense... well from SF-SG-PG. then you let curry, randolph score all day and who cares if hughes cant score as well as crawford we DONT need a scorer. this would balance out the team greatly. infact i said this should be the team for a while with Artest, Hughes and Marbs. like i said we dont need anymore "talent" or "scorers" we need guys who play different.

PS NO to Nate and Balkman for artest tho. im sure james was the contract piece in that deal but i still say no. near deadline sacramento will realize artest will walk for nothing so a James/Balkman or Rose/Balkman or Q/Balkman deal will go down.

metrocard

Legend
i would trade them balkman for artest but not both nate and balkman, honestly, i dont wanna see nate go anywhere

as for the jamal for hughes, i wont trade jamal for anybody on dat team not named lebron james

Why, do you think he's cute or something?

Nate isn't really going to be anything in the NBA except a back up or possibly out of the NBA if his game doesn't improve.

Varejao, Gooden, Gibson >>>>>>>> Crawford

Toons

is the Bo$$
Y ARE WE THINKING OF TRADE PROPOSALS??? WE ARE FINALLY DEVELOPING CHEMESRTRY...OUR VETS ARE TRUSTING THE SECON/THIRD YEAR PLAYERS....THE BALL IS FINALLY MOVING......FUCK TRADES!!! LETS KEEP THE KNICKS TOGETHER....ps....hughes??? bum....lol....i know we want isiah gone, cleveland is stupid for even wasting their time in that propoosal....jamal is our leading scorer, assist man, and steals, fee throw percentage....what does hughes do???

Moz106

Benchwarmer
Qrich n Hughes to me are the same caliber of players, injury prone, can't score, n their defense is jus too overrated, so dis deal shudnt deserve a listing ear....