View Poll Results: Do you Hate/dislike the Celtics?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea, F*ck them

13 59.09%
  • Im neutral

4 18.18%
  • I like them

4 18.18%
  • Marbury Rules!!!!

3 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boston Celtics vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/21

Pierce Getting Stabbed 11 Times, Thats The Professional Athlete Version Of 50 Cent. No Wonder He Looks Like That. Geez I Feel Bad For Him But This Is A Lesson He Needs To Learn Never Act Like A Gee If U Aint One.

As Good As An Offensive Player That Crawford Is, He Is Dreadfully Awful As A Defender, He Allows Guards Have Season And Career High On Him. If Crawford Scores 20 Points, He Gives 15 Points To The Opposed Guard. And Why The Hell Is Isiah Playing Him The Entire Game Until 1 Minute Left In The Fourth Quarter, Rando Looked Like A Star This Afternooon., Even As Worse As A Shooter Rando Is, He Was Hitting Jumpers. I Always Say This, Jamal Can't Play A Lick Of Defense Even If His Mother's Life Is On It. And I Hate The Shake And Back That He Does, Its Like Its Overrated, I've Seen Guards Come To The League And Go With Such Moves. He Need To Either Play Defense Or Sit His Ass Down If He Is Lacking The Ability To Play Defense.

KnicksonLIN.com

The Knicks played hard, tonight.The Celtics just did what all 29 teams look to do, when playing the Knicks. They did a lot of pick and rolls on Curry and Randolph, and they did screens to get open shots on Crawford.The Knicks did all they could do tonight. The just don't have any interior or perimeter defense to stop anybody.What they have to do is not get down on themselves, and keep playing like they are the rest of the season.If they can at least play with this type of energy, they'll get at least to 30 wins by the end of the season.

The Knicks played good basketball for about 38 minutes today, and those 10 ineffective minutes ultimately costed us the game. Zach hit the boards hard, made some shots for us, but provided no inside D. David Lee was active for the short amount of time he was in, but wasnt in long enough to make a difference.

on the positive side, we shot 85% as a team at the free throw stripe....what ever happened to the rumor that eddy was developing an outside jumper?? havent seen him attempt one....but his freethrows over the past 3 games have looked a lot softer....he shot 11/13...jamaal, zach and fred jones shot 100% 15 free points....if we can keep ourfree throw percentage up, we can win a whole lot more games....

Veteran

We got BIG Coaching Problems that has this team losing more games than they supposed to.
    The rotation of players were so obvious in this game.
    Jefferies started the 2nd quarter and was playing great defending both Peirce & Ray Allen, after 8 straight minutes of relentless hustle defense Jefferies was tired and needed a rest on the bench but the Knicks coach had Jefferies play the entire quarter and Jefferies did not ask to come out which had Boston go on several scoring spurts the last 4 minutes of the 2nd quarter which had a halftime lead of 59-45.

With a record of 13-28 reaching 41 Games of this season do anyone see any chemistry in the rotations the Knicks been using?

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Toons
    on the positive side, we shot 85% as a team at the free throw stripe....what ever happened to the rumor that eddy was developing an outside jumper?? havent seen him attempt one....but his freethrows over the past 3 games have looked a lot softer....he shot 11/13...jamaal, zach and fred jones shot 100% 15 free points....if we can keep ourfree throw percentage up, we can win a whole lot more games....
    Eddy Curry used to shoot 8 foot jumpers on the Bulls. It used to be one of his post up moves.He would back a player down and then get a turn around baby jumper. But he never had a good jump shot. He used to only get 1 or 2 of those per game, when he was on the Bulls.But he lost his jump shot completely,when he came to New York, for some reason.He also had one year where he averaged 1 block per game on the Bulls, but has not even averaged .7 blocks per game on the Knicks.I think it's poor conditioning. He has to be responsible for himself and make sure he eats right and tries to lose fat and gain muscle.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    We got BIG Coaching Problems that has this team losing more games than they supposed to.
    The rotation of players were so obvious in this game.
    Jefferies started the 2nd quarter and was playing great defending both Peirce & Ray Allen, after 8 straight minutes of relentless hustle defense Jefferies was tired and needed a rest on the bench but the Knicks coach had Jefferies play the entire quarter and Jefferies did not ask to come out which had Boston go on several scoring spurts the last 4 minutes of the 2nd quarter which had a halftime lead of 59-45.

With a record of 13-28 reaching 41 Games of this season do anyone see any chemistry in the rotations the Knicks been using?
    I see good chemistry in the Knicks' rotations, but there is no defense being played. That is why the Knicks continue to lose.I think Isiah should let Jerome James play. He's good at playing defense, and he doesn't allow players to get open lay ups and dunks, like Curry and Randolph.I know he's fat(I saw him in the game in Washington)but he's the best defensive Center the Knicks have.In my opinion, he deserves at least 10 minutes per game, maybe even 15.Also, Balkman needs to continue to get minutes.I noticed that he didn't get to play at all tonight, and that doesn't help, either.Mabury's absence has also hurt the Knicks, because even though he's not a consistent defensive player,he's a better defender than Crawford,and he does have big nights defensively, and being that Rondo outplayed him in November, he might have had a big defensive night against him.

Veteran

i saw jefferies on a number of occassions bring the ball up... we are really in trouble..

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Check out my boy S. James on SNY playing against Fordham...He's number 21.
    Your missing the boat on a second round sleeper pick.

Jason Thompson out of Rider 6'11 250 on pace to average 20 and 10 for the second straight season.

Veteran

yo "Q".. how about a little less trash talkin, and a few more points... 2 fukin points...

Originally Posted by paris401
    yo "Q".. how about a little less trash talkin, and a few more points... 2 fukin points...
    nah man, Q took one for the team, he got pierce out the game and that gave us momentum, once again, stop looking at the numbers

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Nov. 18
    Rondo-5pts(1-4),3asts,2TO
    Marbury-8pts,8asts

Nov. 24
    Rondo-3pts(3-4),3TO
    Marbury-2pts,3asts

Dec. 11
    Rondo-6pts(3-5),2TO
    Marbury-15pts

Feb. 28
    Rondo-4pts(2-7),9rbs,8asts
    Marbury-23pts,6asts

F*ckin Hater, no one take this hater seriously in any Marbury arguement. Where the F*ck did you get that from? Rondo didnt do **** against us last year. Stop makin **** up.

Rondo averaged 4.5 points against the Knicks last year. The numbers were so small I was able to do the math in my head.
    I think he was referring to this season (the first Celtics game this season was technically last year in 2007).

Marbury:

2-6, 4 points, 1 assist, 1 rebound in 20:40 minutes

Rondo:

5-8, 10 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, in 27:57 minutes

To me one game is pretty meaningless, but last year is pretty meaningless also because Rondo is improving and Steph wasn't as good this year because of the problems and issues he's had.

I agree that Rondo is a young player still improving but even his stats in that game didnt deserve to be called an "owning". He had a good game but thats not owning anyone. Rondo has never owned anyone on the Knicks at least offensively but Crawford got owned by Rondo in the 2nd half of yesterdays game.

Oh yeah that was the 48point game. I wouldnt count any stats from either team, the KNicks are a better team then they showed that night and everyone knows this. Marburys proven that he can still play much better then he did in that game, that meant nothin to me. The whole team came out missing their shots and I remember Curry settin a pick on Marbury early in that game. When your own teammate sets a pick on you........and I seen Curry do this a number of times.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Good effort by the Knicks in this one. Just couldn't score enough points. Everyone is harping on Craw's D, but he is only second to AI in minutes game minutes. So Jamal is supposed to bring the ball up, score 30 a night and be a stopper??? If Jamal could do all that he would be MJ. The bigger picture is the interior D. You can't let a no namer drop 22 on you in the first quarter. Zach and Eddy looked good in the line-up together. I like the energy Nate brings, but he needs to stay out of foul trouble. And J Jeffries needs to stop shooting period. I like his d but lets leave it at that. I still think we are a shooter away from being dangerous. Q-rich doesn't want the job so we need to acquire a designated shooter. I think we were like 1-13 from 3 last night.