Teams that could use some Curry

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well the twin towers of MSG has been a failure thus far, and it appears that one of them has to go. Now while Zach's recent public alltercation with the pride-full Zeke almost for sure put him on the block, with the amount of money owed to him it doesn't look very likely, unless we take on even worse contracts, ie. the type of trade that brought Zach to here in the first place. But besides, I like Zach, he is a double double, and although he's no Charles Oakley on D, he's no Eddy Curry either! So with all of this said, it's safe to say who I think needs to go, but what teams would take him? My opinion is that it would have to take a team with a rebounding PF who doesn't need to score and who is a lock down defender.

Boston- Eddy to Boston makes them even better, Garnett (even more than Eddy's D) made Perkins look like an All NBA player. Garnett also did the same for Oliver Miller when the T-Wolves beat the Knicks in Spree first game back to MSG (and we had Mutumbo and Kurt Thomas on the front court then). KG will glady give the touches to Eddy, and Eddy will gladly embrace not being the leader of a team.

Reality Check: first I don't think even Isiah will deal to an Division "rival", especially a trade that bonafies their hold on the Conference. Also Ainge hates Isiah, so there is another obstacle. Boston plays D, and Kendrick isnt a lock down defender but he tries, do they acquire a center who doesn't give the same effort? Also I don't think Boston has the peices to make it work,maybe a third team would be needed, but we would certainly obtain picks in any such deal.

Curry
KG
Paul security hold back Q-Rich Peirce
Shuttleworth
Rondo or Cassel (possibly)

Spurs: Duncan is not the playmaker KG is, but he can pass, he can also make up for Eddy's lack of rebounding and D, and given how he recently took a pay cut for the good of his team, there is no question that he would do all he can do to make it work

Reality Check: If aint broke don't try to fix it! The Spurs unlike the Celtics are an dynasty, they know how to work with the players they have, and they all mesh well. Also, Popovich is a disciplinarian and Eddy's fatness would probably not go over too well.

Denver: Camby is everything Curry isn't. Camby doesn't need the ball at all, he can score 8 points grab twenty plus boards, and block 5 shots. Seriously that frontcourt could average a combined 28 pts, 18 rebs, and 4 blks. Carmello and AI make it really hard to double Eddy with gaurds and small forwards. Different conference, so we only meet twice a year.

Reality Check: Another place where Isiah is hated, no one is looking to help Isiah in Denver. Marcus Camby's lack of offense makes it easy to double Eddy with a PF. Denver has two great players who can score, Eddy would probably average the same numbers he is this season with the Knicks, if not less.

Chicago: They lose in the playoffs due to no low post scoring, they have scores of low post defenders who can't score. Tyrus Thomas and Ben Wallace both compliment Eddy's game. He's from Chi Town. Skiles is gone....

Reality Check: John Paxon is not gone. Paxon wanted to keep him, and Eddy opted out, his team got better after Eddy left, and Eddy got fatter! The chances are very slim that a convesation regarding this trade even occurs. Chicago has the resources to bring in just about any player they want, not likely they expend those on Eddy.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Out of Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry, Curry is the one I'd definitely trade.At this point, I'd trade Curry for anyone, as long as their contract isn't huge, or even if it's huge, as long as it expires after 2 or 3 years.Curry is not highly marketable, because his numbers have declined so much, and he hasn't improved his defense, rebounding, or offense, despite being in his seventh season.Last year: 19.5ppg 7 rebounds .5 blocks This year:14.3(5 point decrease) 5 rebounds(2 rebound decrease) .5 blocks(no increase)
It sure will be hard to get someone good for Curry, so I'd just put him on the trading block, and go for any trade that doesn't hurt the salary cap or doesn't involve giving a draft pick.

How about Miami backing up the often broken down Shaq? Curry for J.Willams expireing contract along with a draft pick?

The Sixers are also looking to dump S.Dalenbier's contract?

Curry and something else in a sign and trade for E.Oakafor?

Love the idea with the Bulls getting Curry back with some junk for B.Wallace.

Send him to the Pacers for J.O'niel's huge contract (2 years left on it) for Curry and one of our many bad contracts along with one of our young talents (not Lee or Nate though).

Send him to the Lakers for K.Brown's and C.Mihm's expiring contracts!

Just get rid of this bum! He's got twice the athletic ability,quickness and strength of Z-Bo, yet he's not half the player? = No heart for the game!

paris401

Starter
How about Miami backing up the often broken down Shaq? Curry for J.Willams expireing contract along with a draft pick?
!

this is a trade that makes lots of sense... miami gets a young fukin fat center, to combine with their old fukin center...

and the cherry on top of the cupcake..... with shaq making 20m, curry 10m, a full 50% of the cap is being spent on 1 over and 1 who never made it over
the hill centers..

like i said... makes a lot of sense...

New New York

Quiet Storm
this is a trade that makes lots of sense... miami gets a young fukin fat center, to combine with their old fukin center...

and the cherry on top of the cupcake..... with shaq making 20m, curry 10m, a full 50% of the cap is being spent on 1 over and 1 who never made it over
the hill centers..

like i said... makes a lot of sense...

But lets say that Miami lands the number one pick (which never seems to happen with the teams with the worst record for some reason) and they grab the kid from K State, from what I hear he has a nice J and can rebound well. Eddy is as dominent in the post as Shaq was when he got to Miami. Although Shaq manages to block some shots, neither one of them are great defenders, now granted Shaq is still a better than Eddy on D. Anyways my point is that the move is not totally far fetched. D-Wade is the Franchise Player, you add the kid from K State, along with Eddy and the team has a future. Now ofcourse this deal is only feasible if Shaq is planning on hanging it up. Also you get Eddy for half the price. Plus Pat Riley is a coach who is known for getting the most out of his big men. This ofcourse is all very unlikely to actually happen (as are most of our trade proposals), but could actually work on paper. And lets not forget Eddy does actually play well against Dwight who is a Division rival.

paris401

Starter
ofcourse all bets are off if shaq retires, but with 2 years, 40m still owed him, i doubt he is walking away..

so if they did do that trade u have 30m tied up in the center position, wade's 14m, mark blount's 7m +haslem's 7m, for a total of 58m for 5 players .. if the cap is 62/65m next year, ain't leaving much for the 10 other players that get signed...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I can see Curry going to Miami or Chicago under the right set of circumstances but NY might rather ship him out west. I think Curry may develop well along side Shaq. Hopefully he'll get it together here some that doesn't have to happen, but I'm all for clearing cap space.

New New York

Quiet Storm

Looks like the Knicks would be the only one to benefit from those trades. Those trades would make Isiah the GM on the year, and would be the last trade Kevin Mchale will ever make as an GM in the NBA

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Looks like the Knicks would be the only one to benefit from those trades. Those trades would make Isiah the GM on the year, and would be the last trade Kevin Mchale will ever make as an GM in the NBA
lmao true...like i said doubt it will happen...doubt Sacramento wants Artest and Bibby out that bad and Minnesota well Jefferson scored 39! thats y i want him here in ny =/

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
wait hol that...it could happen...IF Sacramento accepts...cuz Minnesota dont get a bad deal...i mean ey what they got 2 lose lolz...i hope ron and bibby get into a fight wit the coach or something

metrocard

Legend
mcdonalds.jpg

Burger%20King.jpg

Taco%20Bell%20logo2.gif

New New York

Quiet Storm
LMAO!!! Is it me our does he gain weight as the season progresses. Now with atleat five practices a week, and an average of three games a week, that just seems impractical that to actually put on weight! Can you imagine how much he eats! I mean Zach just doesnt look toned, but Eddy is actually FAT! I think he makes First All Kevin Duckworth Team this year!

paris401

Starter
Your not going to rip any of my other trade idea's for Curry, paris? lol:) !

if it sound like i am ripping your ideas, that's not my intent..

i'm just trying to show the angles that all the gm's are looking at, beside the fact that most of the gm's are not on the i luv isiah bandwagon...

bird/mj , hate isiah, doubt they will trade with us, unless they can really bend over thomas with vasoline.. like the portland gm did

and he didn't make a lot of friends when he fired larry (i'm not a larry lover)...

peace...

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I don't think Eddy Curry's marketability is down as much as people think because of his numbers this year. I realize that he's down in every category, but so are his minutes and touches. If you adjust for minutes, he's almost the same as last year.

Part of his decline is that Randolph gets a lot more touches than Frye. He also gets plenty of playing time. But Isiah wants to get Lee on the court also. So Curry gets a little less time.

None of this is a defense of Curry's condition, effort, development, defensive skills etc.... What I am suggesting is that if the team was constructed exactly the same as last year, Curry would have a lot better numbers. I think the rest of the league understands that. Whether they would want Curry is an entirely different matter. :barf:

Does India have a basketball league? Indians like Curry!