Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Quentin Richardson

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Im not sure

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Philadelphia 76ers(16-27) vs The New York Knicks(13-28)
Friday, Jan. 25, 7:30pm ET Live on MSG​

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show. Im your host Jazzy Jeff and the Knicks will be playing their first game since Monday. We'll see what kind of an impact the 4 day rest will have. The 76ers have been struggling winning only 2 out of their last 10 games. The Knicks have won 4 out of their last 6 and they should be able to get this win against the 76ers. The Knicks were owned by Philadelphia in 2 back-to-back games earlier in the season. If you look at the players on both teams the Knicks should be at least 5 games ahead of the 76ers but obviously thats not the case.

STARTING LINEUPS

The Philadelphia 76ers

pg-Andre Miller
sg-Willie Green
sf-Andre Iguodala
pf-Reggie Evans
C-Samuel Dalembert

And Now Your New York Knicks!!!!

At Point Guard, Jamal Crawford
At Shooting Guard, Fred Jones
At Small Forward, Quentin Richardson
At Power Forward, Zach Randolph
At Center, Eddy Curry

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy

• Rebound!!!! Knicks only average 34 rebounds against the 76ers
  • Score!!!! Play As a Team!!!! Knicks only average 83.5pts vs sixers, 76ers are the 10th best team defensively
  • Defense!!!! 76ers are the 3rd worst team offensively, dont let them become the Best team
  • Dont Sleep!!!! Keep an eye on willie Green--On Dec. 7 he came off the bench to score 15pts and dish out 6 assists

Who are the Best 3point shooters on the 76ers?

1. Louis Williams-36.6%
  2. Willie Green-35.2%
  3. Andre Iguodala-31.6%

*Philadelphia traded Kyle Korver to Utah for Gordon Giricek

The 76ers are the worst team in the league from 3 point range only shooting 32%. Although the Knicks have some of the worse perimeter defense the stats suprisingly dont back this up. Going by the statistics the Knicks perimeter defense can be described as average. Their oppenents 3P% is 36.3% which ranks 17th amongst all NBA teams.

Heres a list of teams who suprisingly have worse perimeter defense then the Knicks in order from best to worst:

Sacramento
Philadelphia
Memphis
Golden State
Washington
Indiana
Denver
New Jersey
Toronto
Miami
Chicago
Seattle
Milawaukee

A suprising list here, I would expect the Knicks to be at the bottom. With the exception of Fred Jones the Knicks starters are all poor perimeter defenders. Q-Rich has been a step slow all year, Crawford has always been a poor defender and same goes for Zach Randolph. And remember, alot of teams have power forwards who can knock down 3's.

MSG33 Presents Tonights Key Matchup: Reggie Evans vs Zach Randolph

act_reggie_evans.jpg
zach_randolph.jpg

Lets take a look at what Reggie Evans did against the Knicks in the back to back games played in December:

Dec. 7= 33 minutes, 12points, 11rebounds
Dec. 8= 24 minutes, 6points, 14rebounds

Now lets take a look at Zach Randolphs numbers against Philadelphia:

Dec. 7= 27minutes, 4points(2-11), 5rebounds
Dec. 8= 14minutes, 2points(1-3), 2rebounds

Zach had his 2 worst games against the sixers. He will need to step up on offense Friday night to give the Knicks a chance to win. Hes a tough player to stop when hes knockin down his isolated double or triple teamed jumpshots and when his post game is on. Lets take a look now at his numbers from the past 5 games:

36.6mpg
18.8ppg
11.6rpg
45fg%
1.4spg

Somehow Zach came away with 4 steals against the Celtics to go along with his 24 points and 15 rebounds.

Lets take a Look at the Playoff Watch in the Eastern Conference:

1. Celtics(33-7)
  2. Pistons(30-13)-4.5GB
  3. Magic(27-17)-8GB
  4. Cavs(23-18)-10.5GB
  5. Wizards(22-18)11GB
  6. Raptors(23-19)11GB
  7. Hawks(17-21)15GB
  8. Pacers(19-24)15.5GB
  9. Nets(18-23)15.5GB
  10. Bulls(17-24)16.5GB
  11. Bobcats(16-26)18GB
  12. Bucks(16-26)18GB
  13. 76ers(16-27)18.5GB
  14. Knicks(13-28)20.5GB
  15. Heat(8-32)25GB
The Knicks are only 5 games out of the playoffs. The Eastern Conference was suppose improve this year but as we see theres still only 6 teams with winning records.

OtHer NeWs

The Celtics lost to the Raptors 114 to 112. Boston took a 7 point lead into the 4th quarter but were unable to stop the Raptors.

Jose Calderon>>>Rajon Rondo
Calderon-24pts,13asts,3stls
Rondo-14pts,6rbs,4asts

Bosh-23pts,7rbs
Bargnani-20pts,7rbs,7asts

I thank everyone for tuning into my pregame show and hopefully we have a good entertaining game Friday night at the Garden. Stay tuned Saturday evening for my Knicks vs Warriors pregame show.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The two main players the Knicks must watch out for is Willie Green and Louis Williams.Those two always take advantage of the Knicks' poor interior Defense, so they must do a lot of zone defense, and force them to the perimeter.Andre Igoudala always plays well, so as long as Crawford can match his scoring, the Knicks won't have to worry about him too much.The Knicks lost to the 76ers on two ocassions, this season, so I expect them to seek revenge. I think the Knicks will win this one.I expect the 76ers not to take the Knicks seriously, since they have a 13-28 record,and since they beat the Knicks twice in December, and it will backfire.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
wow...EAST SUCKZ!...we can get to the 8th spot easily...i saw west and holy shyt...all the teams in there will probably all be fighting for 3rd in the east...there all like Orlando records...and thats like the 6 seeds and shyt...wow we can get 2 8th just need a good stretch....and oo yea...another lost in this 1...phily can beat us like nutting

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I will be at the game tomorrow. Section 305 Row C. I am goin with my uncle,cousin, and probably my dad.

I would like to see knicks destory the sixers after the first two looses in the beginning of the season.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
yoooo nyKnicks126

my brother

stop playing

my college had the tickets on sale for 5 dollars...I'm going tomorrow too with mad college heads

yooo my dude, we gotta like meet up...lol I dont what section im gonna be in tho.

Thats mad real.

Greatest game thread ever, MSG is the man.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
yoooo nyKnicks126

my brother

stop playing

my college had the tickets on sale for 5 dollars...I'm going tomorrow too with mad college heads

yooo my dude, we gotta like meet up...lol I dont what section im gonna be in tho.

Thats mad real.

Greatest game thread ever, MSG is the man.

Thanx for the props Metro. It took me I think an hour to make this 1 but with the knicks bein a bad team its important to have good game threads and other good shit to keep people here and to get new people here. My favorite part of the game thread is the the part about the Celtics, yall know how much I hate them by now.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
how much do u hate them MSG? lol

I rooted for them last year and I was gonna try to root for them this year cuz I knew they would win anyways but i didnt think they would win like this. I predicted 55-60 wins. I actually felt bad and rooted for them at times last year but I seem to alway have problems with whatevers popular. When I use to watch wrestling I hated Stone Cold. When 50 Cent was on top I hated him, I hate Jay-Z, the Patriots, the Spurs, the Celtics but I do like the Yankees. All the media attention that the Celtics get, I turn on NBATV or ESPN and they talkin about the Celtics.

Pricey

Rotation player
U were stone cold? nah man i was always The Rock or Edge but WWE is crap now.
Ive always hated the Yankees, if i was from NY i would be a Mets man. Im a LA Angels fella so. I sorta liked Spurs cause of Robinson but yeah once sides start winning more u sorta start to like them less. Its natural.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
wow...EAST SUCKZ!...we can get to the 8th spot easily...i saw west and holy shyt...all the teams in there will probably all be fighting for 3rd in the east...there all like Orlando records...and thats like the 6 seeds and shyt...wow we can get 2 8th just need a good stretch....and oo yea...another lost in this 1...phily can beat us like nutting
I wouldn't go that far.Statistically, the Knicks have a chance to make the playoffs.But when a team takes 2 1/2 months just to get 1 3 game winning streak, that tells you there is no way the Knicks can make it.Not with their terrible defense and their lack of consistency.And you must also remember that the Knicks were 29-34 (last year) with the 8th spot, and then they started losing games.Even if a miracle happens and the Knicks get to 8th place, they still gotta maintain it, which the Knicks have proven they are too inconsistent to do so.You are using logic with your decision making, but you must remember that the Knicks have no logic to them.They're the circus.They're a team that beats the Jazz one day,then loses to the Bobcats the next.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yo man I am at section 305 row c seats 5-8 me, my pops, my uncle (big dude), and my cousin will be there. If you want to come to section be my guest. I am Matt. You probably know how I look like from youtube, and myspace. during halftime, or the pregame if you want come down then that would be cool.

jimkcchief88

All Star
The Sixers main gun is Andre Igudala. If he gets off to a fast start we are in trouble. I saw them in person for the Bulls home opener and the Bulls got spanked because they didn't take the Sixers seriously. The Sixers have fallen on rough times as of late but, are still a dangerous team. MSG nice job on the game thread as always. Still hatin' on the Celts that's funny. NBA league pass is free this week for all who have acess so I will be tuning in. See you tomorrow nite!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Thanx for the props, its appreciated these game threads take a long time to make. About 3 hours to gametime, any predictions? 76ers by 5......They owned us in December. For whatever reason Zach randolph was non-existant against Reggie Evans. I would think the quick athletics power forwards would shut down Z-Bo, not an undersized slower pf like Evans. We'll see what happens 2nite.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Thanx for the props, its appreciated these game threads take a long time to make. About 3 hours to gametime, any predictions? 76ers by 5......They owned us in December. For whatever reason Zach randolph was non-existant against Reggie Evans. I would think the quick athletics power forwards would shut down Z-Bo, not an undersized slower pf like Evans. We'll see what happens 2nite.
There's always that weird player that people struggle against.Charles Barkley said he struggled against Popeye Jones.And David Lee was giving Yao Ming problems, when he guarded him earlier this season.So I guess Randolph's weird nemisis is Reggie Evans. I hope this isn't true, cause we're gonna need another double-double from Randolph, if we're gonna win this game.I don't expect Richardson to play well tonight, cause he's been struggling all season, so I expect someone else to pick up the slack, like Crawford,Curry,Randolph, or Nate, or maybe even David Lee.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks Started Mardy Collins, great move.
If Mardy Collins play over 26 minutes the Knicks will WIN this game vs BUM Sixers.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks had the BEST Backcourt Tandem for "NO-DEFENSE Crawford" in Mardy Collins and refuse to force the two to bond in the backcourt.
Lastseason you never seen "Crawford & Collins" on the court together.

Kiyaman

Legend
With the Collins & Crawford backcourt Tandem all the Knicks have to do is add Nate as the third Guard, with Balkman & Chandler getting the majority of playingtime at the SF.
That would give this Knick Team a bonafied offense/defense backcourt unit with huge help from the SF position in controling the tempo of the game vs teams like the Sixers whom dont have their game plan tight.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice move putting in Balkman & Jefferies, but Lee & Curry are still on the court with Curry baffled on position. Nate could use either Crawford or Jones.