Eddy Curry's Quest To Play Defense

How will Eddy do it?

• He will make an effort someday

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • He will eat the rim and thus leave the opposition with nowhere to score.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • He will change shot trajectory by either farting or burping

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
For some reason I think right when hes at the end of his prime he will finally realize that hes built like a beast and that he wasted most of his career bein a soft p*ssy. I might be wrong but who knows. Based on what Ive seen to this point it appears as if he'll always be soft. I like the options though and I almost lied just so the poll results would make him look worse. I hope hes embarrassed by what Oakley said about him.

For some reason I think right when hes at the end of his prime he will finally realize that hes built like a beast and that he wasted most of his career bein a soft p*ssy. I might be wrong but who knows. Based on what Ive seen to this point it appears as if he'll always be soft. I like the options though and I almost lied just so the poll results would make him look worse. I hope hes embarrassed by what Oakley said about him.

I think one of the worst things about the Isiah/Dolan era is that Patrick Ewing has been coaching big men like Yao and Dwight Howard while the Knicks have had a big man on their team that needs the most coaching. Ewing wanted to come be an assistant coach with the Knicks and the team did nothing. What a joke this team is.

Pricey

Rotation player
spot on. it makes no sense to have a legend like Ewing not working with our players and especially a center. Not rocket science.

spot on. it makes no sense to have a legend like Ewing not working with our players and especially a center. Not rocket science.

I mean look at how much Kareem has helped Bynum. Meanwhile we have Mark Aguirre who while he was playing was almost as fat as Eddy plus played the small forward position.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Eddy Curry used to be a good defender, when he was in High School.But that was when he was 8 years younger and several hundred pounds lighter.Being that he's 285 and in his seventh season, there is no way he will become a good defender.Curry is too caught up with eating and his image and being stubborn.Whenever he is criticized, he either points the finger or ignores the question.The way he has played in the NBA defensively, you'd never know he averaged 4 blocks a game during one of his seasons in high school and 1 block per game during 1 year with the Bulls.In addition to being stubborn to criticism, Isiah Thomas always allows Curry to get away with playing poorly on defense, by always starting him, and by never talking bad about his defense.He also gave Curry that 55 million dollar gift card for Burgerking.Until someone punishes him for his lack of defense, by sending him to the
D League and benching him,he will never even try to play defense, let alone actually play defense.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Co-sign everything ^^^

Thats why Oakley would help out on the Knicks or in the coaching staff. Hes an old man thats still a better defender then Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry. I would put money on it but It dont like like we'll be finding out. I havent heard any rumors about Oakley comin back since before the season began. If he did come back it wouldnt be with the Knicks after what he said. Like I said before Isiah will have him banned from MSG.

Kiyaman

Legend
Did the Knicks need Zach Randolph? NO!
Did the Knicks need to rid themselves of Francis? YES! and Marbury too.

Taking on Zach Randolph contract was a WHOPPER thing to do, the major reason why Zach Randolph contract is bad for any team in the league is it offers 5 years at $14 million per year of NO DEFENSE and plenty of BAD-Attitude directed in the lockerroom towards teammates (Portland Coach McMillian seen this and reported it as the Cancer of the team. Portland took his advice and traded Zach to the first SUCKER at the opening of draft night.).
Eddy Curry is a $10 million per year NO DEFENSE out of shape problem that is not a Cancer in the lockerroom towards teammates. BIG Difference from Zach.

The Knicks knew and accepted that "Eddy Curry" was a long work in progress, his so-call best career season had to many FLAWS, starting with the 33-49 team season, his defense and turnovers needed to be worked on this past offseason.
The Knicks picked up or rather snatched College 6.11 Randolph Morris at the end of last season.
The "Randolph Morris & Eddy Curry" tandem was supposed to start work-out together throughout the entire offseason in the Gym. Eddy Curry was supposed to be at all the Knicks Los Vegas Summer League Games cheering on his workout partner Randolph Morris performance in those games.

Developing "Curry, Lee, Balkman, Morris, and Chandler" co-existing performance this past offseason was the number one thing to do for the coaching-staff of "Herb Williams and Mark Aquire" that was their offseason JOB (are these two coaches on the same-page with Isiah Thomas?)...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Why is Ben Gordon being benched but Eddie Curry continues to start? Curry should be benched indefinitely. I'd consider putting him in the IR list so he can hit the gym and focus on defense. Right now that's what we need out of him.

On one hand it's unfair to Curry because he was told that he was the cornerstone of the franchise a year ago and once we got Randolph he is expected to do something else. Well some time life sucks and takes you out of your comfort zone. I don't think Thomas has enough positive reinforcement. Earlier in the season when Curry got is one block he acknowledged that he needed to do more 'of that'. He can be a good third scoring option for the Knicks but if not at this point I'd give James some minutes. Can it really be any worse?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Why is Ben Gordon being benched but Eddie Curry continues to start? Curry should be benched indefinitely. I'd consider putting him in the IR list so he can hit the gym and focus on defense. Right now that's what we need out of him.

On one hand it's unfair to Curry because he was told that he was the cornerstone of the franchise a year ago and once we got Randolph he is expected to do something else. Well some time life sucks and takes you out of your comfort zone. I don't think Thomas has enough positive reinforcement. Earlier in the season when Curry got is one block he acknowledged that he needed to do more 'of that'. He can be a good third scoring option for the Knicks but if not at this point I'd give James some minutes. Can it really be any worse?

We might get heat from others for sayin Jerome deserves more minutes but Im with you on that. People gonna get it twisted and assume that I think JJ is the savior but thats not the case. Its all about how much Eddy Curry sucks especially on the defensive end. His offensive ability is overrated like the Celtics and Dwayne Wade.

Im not sure if Isiah made the right comment about Eddy blockin that shot. I see both sides of it, you dont wanna hop on someones d*ck after 1 block but maybe thats the way Eddy works. Maybe if he was complimented more for the good that he does do he would do it more often. I would lean more in the other direction still, he needs a Charles Oakley type of figure to come in and be his "father".

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
We might get heat from others for sayin Jerome deserves more minutes but Im with you on that. People gonna get it twisted and assume that I think JJ is the savior but thats not the case. Its all about how much Eddy Curry sucks especially on the defensive end. His offensive ability is overrated like the Celtics and Dwayne Wade.

Im not sure if Isiah made the right comment about Eddy blockin that shot. I see both sides of it, you dont wanna hop on someones d*ck after 1 block but maybe thats the way Eddy works. Maybe if he was complimented more for the good that he does do he would do it more often. I would lean more in the other direction still, he needs a Charles Oakley type of figure to come in and be his "father".

Oh man, you took it to the next level. Wade is over rated? You could be right but I think you're in for it now.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
wade is over rated! my friend always compares him to lebron. Lebron is twice the player wade will ever be. Hes bigger, stronger and leads the league in scoring. Wade leads the league in TO's.

this may be bias due to my hate of the heat. Houstons runner still stands out in my mind!!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree with you,Doncris. I have been saying this for a long time now.Jerome James is not a good player, he sucks.But he's still a WAY better defender than Curry.For one, he doesn't let people dunk it on him or lay it up on him.He'll block your shot or foul you.James averages just 13mpg for his career, yet he averages 1 block a game.He deserves to play, cause I don't see anyone on the Knicks playing any defense.Our best shot blocker is Curry,at .5 per game.I'm not saying big minutes, but he deserves to play at least 10 minutes per game.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
I agree with you,Doncris. I have been saying this for a long time now.Jerome James is not a good player, he sucks.But he's still a WAY better defender than Curry.For one, he doesn't let people dunk it on him or lay it up on him.He'll block your shot or foul you.James averages just 13mpg for his career, yet he averages 1 block a game.He deserves to play, cause I don't see anyone on the Knicks playing any defense.Our best shot blocker is Curry,at .5 per game.I'm not saying big minutes, but he deserves to play at least 10 minutes per game.
yea but u have 2 realize something...13 minutes is all the brother can last

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Given Curry's limitations on the boards, blocking shots and on defense, if they aren't going to make him one of the focal points of the offense, he shouldn't be playing at all.

Has anyone ever considered the possibility that Curry is AFRAID to work hard either during the off season or during the season because of his heart condition?

There's got be something going on in the back of his mind where's he worried that if he gives his all out effort, he might just collapse and die.

Given Curry's limitations on the boards, blocking shots and on defense, if they aren't going to make him one of the focal points of the offense, he shouldn't be playing at all.

Has anyone ever considered the possibility that Curry is AFRAID to work hard either during the off season or during the season because of his heart condition?

There's got be something going on in the back of his mind where's he worried that if he gives his all out effort, he might just collapse and die.

If he gave a crap about his heart condition you would think, that at the very least, he'd lay off the buffet line.