Expiring Contracts

Who do you think deserves an extension the most?

• Nate Robinson,David Lee,Balkman

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Jerome James & Malik Rose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mardy Collins

• Wilson Chandler

• Stephon Marbury

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knicklover

Benchwarmer
wide-load curry is well into the 300's... 285 no fukin way... he is a fat-fuk

FatBastard.gif

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
i remember seing threads about that...i just joined the forum when u came back i think? idk but y they ban u anyways metro?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Just to swing by and drop my opinion on the actual topic of this thread... expiring contracts haha...

going into next season..
Expired: Randolph Morris & Fred Jones
Expiring: Stephon Marbury, Malik Rose, David Lee & Nate Robinson
Player option: Jerome James, Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Jamal Crawford
Team option: Renaldo Balkman, Wilson Chandler & Mardy Collins

Theres nothing we can really really do to get under cap before next season. Theo Ratliffs expiring contract is secure. So It's really a matter of getting under the cap before 09. Yes Knicksfans lets think to the future.. all the way.. to the year 2000. haha sorry Conan O'Brien reference. ANYWAY were obviously going to resign David Lee & Nate Robinson to big money. and accept the option on Balkman, Chandler and Collins.

With Jarrett Jack being shopped around we should jump all over it. trade Malik Rose & Jamal Crawford possibly with a 2nd rounder or ChandlerorCollins and get back Jack and LaFrentz.

Portland- Malik Rose, Jamal Crawford & Mardy Collins
Knicks- Jarrett Jack & Raef LaFrentz

Then go to Toronto and trade Eddy Curry there for Rasho Nesterovic and first round pick. If not take a second. who cares.

Toronto- Eddy Curry
Knicks- Rasho Nesterovic & First round pick

Keep going.. trade Zach Randolph to the Lakers. They need a low post scorer and theyll get one. a young one at that.

Lakers- Zach Randolph & Wilson Chandler
Knicks- Kwame Brown, Trevor Ariza & Second round pick.

One step more and send..

Kings- Jared Jeffries, Renaldo Balkman & 2nd round pick
Knicks- Ron Artest

Brown/Nesterovic/Morris
Lee/LaFrentz
Artest/Ariza
Jones/Robinson/Richardson
Marbury/Jack

All these but Richardson, Lee, Robinson, Jack and Ariza will expire before 09. As well as the draft picks we make. Which at this point with look like Green of Syracuse. and if his stock dont rise Dorsey of Memphis in the 2nd round. Thats a good group of talent to start with.

metrocard

Legend
Knicks15, you my brother but.

Curry isn't worth a first round pick and especially plus a second rounder, unless Isiah is the GM.

Portland doesn't need a loser like Jamal, they're winning and are set @ SG with Roy.

the Lakers deal is eh. Lakers have one of the best offenses in the NBA, don't see why they would trade some defensive players for a ball hog like Randolph.

paris401

Starter
never say never...but if we were able to make a trade, get out the shovels cause we will be getting a whole lot of shit in return...

NYKnicks15

Starter
In the curry deal i was saying a 2nd rounder. its possible especially seeing Toronto could use help to get over that hump in the playoffs. they might be interested in a deal where they upgrade at C and let Bosh not log as many minutes and let him not carry the team on his back. its possible.

also with the portland scenario.. i think theyd want to dump LaFrentz and get something of value in return. now i know he expires and you ask yourself why theyd want to get Craw? well they are offering pretty much anyone that will listen.. Jarrett Jack. makes no sense to me and especially with the potential deal where they will lose Outlaw, Jack, Rodriguez and Fyre they could use the help of Craw and Collins are maybe Balkman thrown in instead.

now as for the lakers. if you are in their shoes. and you have Kwame expiring and nothing to use him on (expiring or not haha) wouldnt you trade for a 20/10 guy in a spot they desperately need help on in the PF? They would have a Bynum, Randolph, Odom, Bryant, Fisher. with Chandler thrown in who can do anything Ariza does with a little more offense. its a very possible deal.

not say all will happen.. hell prolly not even one of these. but they are all possible.

paris401

Starter
now as for the lakers. if you are in their shoes. and you have Kwame expiring and nothing to use him on (expiring or not haha) wouldnt you trade for a 20/10 guy in a spot they desperately need help on in the PF? .

now that gasol has been traded for brown... who would u rather have... gasol or the black-hole...

i'm telling u the black-hole has no value... portland gave him to us for free... and no one is going to bail us out of his 50m contract...

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
yo msg iam not trying to get on you but let marbury go he aint the same in his cousin suck come on man you a smart guy you should know better