Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Lose Lose situation

  1. #1
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Lose Lose situation

    Ok, the season is half way done, and needless to say it's been disappointing thus far. But as of late we have been playing decent ball. I mean four wins in six games is not too shaby. But the playoffs still look like a long shot for us, and each win just lessens our chances of getting a top pick in the lottery, do we want to see this team lose?

    I'm a die hard Knick fan and I want us to go 82-0 every season, so the idea of us tanking games makes me sick, but we actually own our pick this year, so losses aren't as hard to swallow as in the past couple of years when we our losing amounted to a nice pick for Chicago. Not to mention, the whole bottom half of the playoffs for the East are not true playoff teams, they are just benefiting from a weak conference, I mean NJ has lost seven straight and are only a game or so out. So how much of an accomplishment would it be if we did make it being seven or eight games below .500? Plus if Isiah gets the Knicks into the playoffs he's back for another season for sure! I don't hate Isiah but I think a change is needed. But lets say we get the third or fourth pick, which ofcourse means we didn't make the playoffs, does Isiah get to draft, or is he fired at seasons end?

    So lets run down the potential outcomes of this season

    We play well miss the playoffs slightly and get around the 9th or 10th pick in the lottery

    We keep pace win only 24 games and land anywhere from 1st to 6th

    We make the playoffs, lose to the C's in five (maybe), Isiah gets another season at GM and coach, as well as another summer to add to our salary, and we get an early first rounder.

    Seriously there are not any great options for the immediate future for us! But 24 wins may liberate us from Isiah reighn, land a top pick, which could bring in a star talent, or could be package along with a bad contract to free up some cap ie. Zach.

    To continue to play ball like we are playing currently ( 4 of 6) would give Dolan reason not to fire Isiah.

    Playoffs means for sure Isiah will be back.

    Side Note: I don't really hate Isiah, I really think he tried to make the Knicks better, but there is just too much turmoil with this team right now, and unfourtunatley as GM he has to be the first to blame. I think he'll probably never be a GM in this league again, but I can see Joe Dumars making him a scout, or even Magic pulling strings to get him as a scout for the Lakers, anyways that for another thread.

  2. #2
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    You bring up a good point, if the Knicks do somehow come back and make the playoffs Isiah will be here longer. What are we the fans suppose to root for?

    A) More losing leading to the firing of Isiah/higher draft pick
    B) See some pride from the players fight to make the playoffs

    As someone with alot of pride I want to see the team play with pride reguardless of all other factors involved but this ones got me thinkin. I know alot of people will have different opinions here. I think a poll should be added to this thread. Losing in most ways makes more sense but you still wanna see the team try hard instead of continuing to play like a bunch of P*ssys.

  3. #3
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Good thread,New York_New York.I gave you a rep point for that thread.Personally,I think the Knicks should just play hard, for the rest of the season.The Knicks are a poor defensive team, so they will make the lottery, even if they play hard.The Knicks will lose a lot of games, just by their subpar defense alone.The Knicks just need to do their best, and try to get as many wins as they can.The Knicks need to play with pride, or they will continue to be the laughing stock of the NBA.The sooner they play hard, the better.And if a miracle happens and the Knicks make the playoffs(which I still think the Knicks have no chance of doing)then the players that never made the playoffs, or have only played a few playoff games, like Nate Robinson,David Lee,Crawford,Balkman,Randolph(only 7 playoff games played),etc will get valuable playoff experience.This could also build chemistry with the team, and players will play harder, knowing there is a reward for hard work.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Which Franchise Will Isiah Turn Around By The Trade Deadline?

    Hopefully the Knicks, Kings, and Grizzlies by way of Ron Artest & Gasol, for Marbury, Q.Richardson, Zach Randolph, and a future first rounder.
    Great Question!

    The above question should be in every New York Newspaper Sports Page.
    Because this is ridiculous for a "Die-Hard" Knick Fan.
    Maybe that's the reason why "Stern" has not made any move about the Anucha decision. Isiah has become a BIG help to so many teams in the NBA League, that us Knick Fans are selfish and refuse to see the big picture of Isiah big help to the league.

    Great Question!

  5. #5
    Superstar NicksKnicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Birstall, England
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Yeah i hate seeing us loose but in our case in could be the only way to turn ourselves around. If we are gunna 'throw' games away then why not put our rookies out for alot of mins. Seriously this is the time to develop our young players. Chandler and Balkman should be the 2 getting all the mins at SF. Nate and Collins should get the mins at PG. Lee should become the starter and Randolph Morris should become a frequent option at center.
    I stil think even if we play all the young guys we still would win a few games which makes us more respectable.

  6. #6
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quite the dilemma. Root for the Knicks to lose or root for the Knicks to win. Great question! For the long term goals (i.e. winning a championship), Isiah must be fired. This will only happen if the Knicks continue to lose. When watching games, when it is close, it is impossible for me to root for a loss, but when they do lose, I don't feel that bad because it will hopefully lead to better days, that is Isiah getting fired and getting a high draft pick. There are a few potential franchise players in the upcoming draft so it is in the Knick's best interest to lose as many games as possible. I'm probably going to get some grief for saying this, but I am hoping the Knicks go on a bad losing streak. It pains me to even say it or think it, but continuing to win games and eventually making the playoffs means Isiah will continue to f*ck this team up. As much as I have enjoyed this recent winning (sort of) streak, it probably wasn't good for this franchise. If the losing had coninued, Isiah may have been fired by now. The sooner we get a respected GM, the sooner we can truly rebuild this franchise into a championship contender. Let us suffer now so we can be proud Knick fans in the future.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dominica
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Bring on ****in beasley yow, i don't mind the loosin, dis dudes a beast man, looks scary!!!!

  8. #8
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Good thread,New York_New York.I gave you a rep point for that thread.Personally,I think the Knicks should just play hard, for the rest of the season.The Knicks are a poor defensive team, so they will make the lottery, even if they play hard.The Knicks will lose a lot of games, just by their subpar defense alone.The Knicks just need to do their best, and try to get as many wins as they can.The Knicks need to play with pride, or they will continue to be the laughing stock of the NBA.The sooner they play hard, the better.And if a miracle happens and the Knicks make the playoffs(which I still think the Knicks have no chance of doing)then the players that never made the playoffs, or have only played a few playoff games, like Nate Robinson,David Lee,Crawford,Balkman,Randolph(only 7 playoff games played),etc will get valuable playoff experience.This could also build chemistry with the team, and players will play harder, knowing there is a reward for hard work.
    Good Looks on the rep points, I appreciate that! But you bring up a great point that I was over looking, which is how we need some of our players to taste the NBA playoffs. I think Jamal Crawford would benefit from being apart of that high level of play. So there is a plus for making the playoffs even just to get swept.

  9. #9
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Quite the dilemma. Root for the Knicks to lose or root for the Knicks to win. Great question! For the long term goals (i.e. winning a championship), Isiah must be fired. This will only happen if the Knicks continue to lose. When watching games, when it is close, it is impossible for me to root for a loss, but when they do lose, I don't feel that bad because it will hopefully lead to better days, that is Isiah getting fired and getting a high draft pick. There are a few potential franchise players in the upcoming draft so it is in the Knick's best interest to lose as many games as possible. I'm probably going to get some grief for saying this, but I am hoping the Knicks go on a bad losing streak. It pains me to even say it or think it, but continuing to win games and eventually making the playoffs means Isiah will continue to f*ck this team up. As much as I have enjoyed this recent winning (sort of) streak, it probably wasn't good for this franchise. If the losing had coninued, Isiah may have been fired by now. The sooner we get a respected GM, the sooner we can truly rebuild this franchise into a championship contender. Let us suffer now so we can be proud Knick fans in the future.
    I've felt the same way about us getting blown out at times, like ok atleast this means Isiah will be gone soon. I think deep down inside all of us Knick fans have felt like that this season about the mounting loses actually may bring light at the end of the tunnel. But....this is James Dolan were talking about, he doesnt respond to public outcry just out of stubborness. So the scary reality could be all of these loses (on and off the court, or even better, in and out of court) may not be enough to warrant Isiah departure. Althoug, If Brian Colangelo and Jerry West are seriously considering taking over, then I'd fire Zeke as GM even if we made the second round of the playoffs.

  10. #10
    Cutest Guy Here Kennedy Curse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queens New York Ozone park
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Isiah wants 2 stay wit the knicks because he believes that just enough time can get the knicks 2 a championship like him in detriot...took him awhile but he did it...and idk this knicks are only good enough to PROBABLY get 8th spot in playoff and get swept...

  11. #11
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by thekidd13
    Isiah wants 2 stay wit the knicks because he believes that just enough time can get the knicks 2 a championship like him in detriot...took him awhile but he did it...and idk this knicks are only good enough to PROBABLY get 8th spot in playoff and get swept...
    I hear you Bro, but those Detroit teams didnt endure the off the court embaressment we have, plus Detroit has never had the pressure to win in any other sport besides Hockey. So The Pistons losing isn't nearly as major as The Knicks losing

  12. #12
    Superstar jzero29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Season is lost

    Sure the knicks are playing well and there is the loooong shot that they can make playoffs. In which they'd just get crushed first round anyway. This winning is to little to late. If they continue to play like this(big if) they will end up with about 33-36 wins, just missing playoffs. Most likely they will not be able to continue this current effort. The season is over. It is pointless for them to do good, it may give DOlan reason to not follow through on his half hearted ultimatum for Isiah to win he gave at the end of last season and every win hurts our lottery chances on the only 1st round pick we'll get, in the next 2 yrs. The Knicks will not get into the playoffs. They'd need to win 3 out of every 4. It won't happen. The only thing this does is make Dolan belive Isiah isn't doing a bad job. If they get to 30 plus wins, he'll think, well we played competetive the second half, maybe Isiahs on a role, I'll keep him. We are the worst franchise in basket ball. The difference between us and every other basement dwelling team is they all have promising draft picks of superstar caliber and they will have future draft picks. Seattle has kevin durant, minn(almost a lock for 1st overall draft) Al jefferson and a cast of young players. Miami has wade and shaq, will some off the cap if he retires. Emmphis has rudy gay. The clippers are missing their best player, elton brand. The bulls have a good cast, just having bad years, all the trade talk rattled soe of those guys and they'll be around 20mill under cap next year. 76ers arent so hot, but they also will be about 20 something mill under cap next season. Not to mention all these teams weren't stupid enough to give away so many draft picks. We owe next years first rounder, not this years. But the year isn't over, maybe Isiah can trade it away! or better yet, maybe he'll take the pick, but realize how valuable Jerome james is and cut the 1st round pick.

  13. #13
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    You make some great points.I could see Isiah cutting the first round pick.He did cut Demetris Nichols, who was the best rookie on the Knicks' Summer League team,and was given to us by the Trailblazers;a team that was trying to draft some big players.I also agree with you that the Knicks will not make the playoffs.The Knicks don't need a .500 record to make the playoffs, they just need 39 or 40 wins, and they'll make it,since they have the tiebreaker over the Nets.But they'd have to win 2/3 of the rest of their games, and this team is too inconsistent, and are too poor a defensive team to get to the playoffs.Also, I think Dolan will keep Isiah, if they can get at least 30 wins by the end of this season.Isiah has a 24 million dollar contract, and after the Anucha Brown decision, I doubt Dolan wants to pay 24 million more for 1 years worth of coaching.I also believe the Knicks are the worst team in the NBA, too.When I saw the Timberwolves play the Nets, last night,they looked just as confused and divided as the Knicks, yet the Knicks have more talent and more salary cap deficits than them.That says a lot about the Knicks, when you can compare them to a team with an 8-35 record.

  14. #14
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    **** this season, its tainted.

    Tank.
    Trade everyone
    Get expiring contracts
    Get lottery picks
    Leave Isiah in a tank full of deadly acid.
    Leave Dolan in a ring with Miguel Cotto on steroids.

  15. #15
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    **** this season, its tainted.

    Tank.
    Trade everyone
    Get expiring contracts
    Get lottery picks
    Leave Isiah in a tank full of deadly acid.
    Leave Dolan in a ring with Miguel Cotto on steroids.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Metrocard, every single word posted just then is 100% spot on

Similar Threads

  1. Isiah Explains Knicks Situation
    By Big C in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 23, 2007, 13:39
  2. Knicks lose draft tiebreakers
    By insomniac in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 22, 2007, 14:05
  3. [Article] Knicks Lose Out On Jones
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Sep 09, 2005, 19:07
  4. Salary cap situation
    By nyk33334 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul 18, 2005, 16:06
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 03, 2004, 14:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •