View Poll Results: Which Knick has the best nickname?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jerome "King" James

1 5.26%
  • Stephon "STarbury" Marbury

6 31.58%
  • David Lee "Shallow Waters"

3 15.79%
  • Eddy "E-city" Curry

1 5.26%
  • Nate "The Great" Robinson

4 21.05%
  • Quentin Richardson "Q-Rich"

1 5.26%
  • Zach Randolph "Z-Bo"

1 5.26%
  • Renaldo Balkmen "Plastic Man"

1 5.26%
  • Isiah "Zeke" Thomas

1 5.26%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs Golden State Warriors Game Thread 1/27

Veteran

Scrappy effort by the Knicks esp. the second unit. Bad rebounding game and poor perimeter shooting. We really need a designated gunner from 3 point area because nobody on the team is consitent from range. Nice all around effort though to lead most of the game. Can't understand why we didn't foul with under a minute to extend the game.

Veteran

Originally Posted by IcEWaTEr123
    wow pathetic. 2 open 3s at the end when they were down by 4. Bad game for the knicks so what they played well they lost. So frustrating!!!!
    Yeah why are we gunning three's when we are down by 4.

**** tough loss !!!! We ****ing had that ****!! Good game though anyway. Fought hard til the very end. I like seeing that.

we should have won this game, nate was way too reckless early in da game, mardy doing too much charges, but hey he still learning, played a solid game, good to see Q knocking down some shots, i think we should have gone more inside to curry

Lack of D! Too many second chance pts. We need a interior Defender in the worst way. Effecient game from Jamal other than the miss 3 at the end. Good game from Q. We just need to suck it up and go knock off LA

Crawford looks tired out there and in a funny way I think this is helping him see the game differently and play smarter. That said Crawford does not need to play 45, almost 46 minutes a night because he's just not that good.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

My assessment on the game.

Baron Davis doesn't play that much different compared to Crawford, both are horrific chuckers.

Crawful - 9-22 FG 0-7 3pt
    Davmiss - 8-21 FG 2-9 3pt

Lucky for Baron, he has an excellent supporting cast.

Biendrins had 26 ****ing rebounds, what the ****. I guess its easy when you're catching Jamal's bricks.

Balkman is the best player on this team.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    My assessment on the game.

Baron Davis doesn't play that much different compared to Crawford, both are horrific chuckers.

Crawful - 9-22 FG 0-7 3pt
    Davmiss - 8-21 FG 2-9 3pt

Lucky for Baron, he has an excellent supporting cast.

Biendrins had 26 ****ing rebounds, what the ****. I guess its easy when you're catching Jamal's bricks.

Balkman is the best player on this team.
    Jamal played pretty good tonight I thought, I mean his shot wasnt on, but I think he wasnt just out there gunning like he has in the past. he got to hoop at times and played pretty controlled.

Now about Baron, how can you like Steph and not him. Baron is playing at the same level Steph was when he first came to the Knicks. Baron is an All Star give him his due.

LOL, also I thought you said Q was your favorite Knick?

KnicksonLIN.com

The Knicks did what they had to do against the Warriors;they had to play to their strength.The Knicks' strength is their offense, and their weakness is their defense, so they had to just go out their and try to overcome not being able to defend.Overall, the Knicks played well.What killed them was their lack of perimeter defense, in the fourth, and their lack of interior defense in the 1st 3 quarters.The 3 key guys that needed to play well defensively, but did not was Jamal Crawford(who kept leaving Stephon Jackson open for 3)and Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph(who allowed Monta Ellis,Andris Biedrins, and Baron Davis to get easy lay ups and dunks).I was especially impressed with Quentin Richardson.He had his scoring,defense, and rebounding.He looked like how he used to look way back on the Clippers,where he averaged 17ppg and 6 rebounds.The only thing I regret he did was give the ball to Crawford, after he missed that 3 pointer.Q should've shot it again, cause he was the guy that played the best that game.Hopefully he continues to play like this more often, though.Good job,Q!And may the Knicks continue to compete like they have been doing all month.

wow...this cant be good...were probably gonna go on a 5 game losing streak...and ey atleast Curry showed passion 2night

Veteran

Watching this Golden State Game really makes me wish we had Demetris Nichols in the Knicks rotation last night on the Peremeter on both ends of the court (I trust that Rookie).

It was a nice game to watch if you were'nt a Knick Fan that knew Collins, Balkman, and Nate were BENCHED practically all of this season, and is gaining back their chemistry vs NBA competition.

The Knicks Trio of 6.8 Unit lineup in the Offseason Summer League Games of Nate, Nichols, Chandler, Balkman, and Morris would've had this Knick WIN over Golden State with the help of Collins, Crawford, Lee, and Curry at the end of the 3rd quarter.
    Especially, if Hannerty was the Coach and these nine players were getting some decent playingtime minutes together from the start of this season.

We can only hope that Isiah notice the structure of Knick players that put a delay in Golden State quick offense attack.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by New New York
    Jamal played pretty good tonight I thought, I mean his shot wasnt on, but I think he wasnt just out there gunning like he has in the past. he got to hoop at times and played pretty controlled.

Now about Baron, how can you like Steph and not him. Baron is playing at the same level Steph was when he first came to the Knicks. Baron is an All Star give him his due.

Jamal played way to many minutes, which mean any Knick oposition got free open layups with a lob pass after a defensive rebound. Jamal can not defend an open backcourt.

Baron Davis is the most dangerous PG in the league when he is the smallest of a 3-Guard Unit or a 3-SF Unit. His best defense since his Charlotte Hornet Daze is the 3-defenders stopping the passing lane.
    B-Ball Fans used to compare him with Starbury untill the Day Marbury made that statement of being the best PG in the NBA, Davis was injured at the time and came off the injured list just for that one game to prove Marbury wrong by scoring 40 points and giving out 12 dimes for the WIN over the Knicks. Coach Byron Scott was so heated at Baron Davis performance he had him traded to the Golden State Warriors.

Can we please stop with the Demetrius Nichols BS. If this guy was so amazing he'd be playing in the league somewhere. HE HAD A GOOD SUMMER LEAGUE. Look at the competition in the summer 75 percent of the guys aren't in the league.

Plus the knicks offered him an opportunity to play over seas for a year and then when they had more roster they would give him a second look. He turned it down. You think he regrets that decison now?

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Can we please stop with the Demetrius Nichols BS. If this guy was so amazing he'd be playing in the league somewhere. HE HAD A GOOD SUMMER LEAGUE. Look at the competition in the summer 75 percent of the guys aren't in the league.

Plus the knicks offered him an opportunity to play over seas for a year and then when they had more roster they would give him a second look. He turned it down. You think he regrets that decison now?
    Demetris Nichols is still in the NBA. He signed with Cleveland,they got rid of him,and now he's with Chicago.I agree with you, though.Demetris Nichols wouldn't have made much of a difference to the Knicks' season.He could've provided offense, but we already have offense.It's defense that we need.I think the Knicks should've kept him,cause he has potential, but you can't expect a rookie to win you big games.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by New New York

Jamal did nothing.

Steph isn't a chucker, Baron is.

A healthy in shape determined Q-RIch always been a favorite of mines, got a problem with that?