View Poll Results: Who is the best player in the NBA?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kobe Bryant

9 52.94%
  • Lebron James

4 23.53%
  • Tim Duncan

1 5.88%
  • Kevin Garnett

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • Jason Kidd

0 0%
  • Chris Paul

1 5.88%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Dwight Howard

0 0%
  • Stephon Marbury

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs LA Lakers Game Thread 1/29

Default New York Knicks vs LA Lakers Game Thread 1/29

The New York Knicks(14-29) vs The Los Angeles Lakers(27-15)
    Tues. 1/29 at 10:30pm ET on MSG

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and were here to take a look at Tuesday nights matchup. The Lakers have lost 3 straight games. They are in 6th place in the Western Conference one game behind the Spurs. The Lakers are not playing as well without Andrew Bynum but they still have been competitive. The Knicks have won 5 out of their last 10 games. They showed some heart against Golden State but were unable to come away with the win. Andris Biedrins grabbed 26 rebounds and the Knicks could not stop Monta Ellis.

STARTING LINEUPS

THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS

pg-Derek Fisher
    sg-Kobe Bryant
    sf-Luke Walton
    pf-Lamar Odom
    C-Kwame Brown

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
    AT SHOOTING GUARD FRED JONES
    AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
    AT POWER FORWARD ZACH RANDOLPH
    AT CENTER EDDY CURRY

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Kwame Brown vs Eddy Curry

I would rather have Kwame Brown then Eddy Curry but E-City should be able to power his way to the hoop down low. Kwame Brown does not have the strength to defend Curry in the low post. What I like more about Brown is that hes a better defender and rebounder then Curry. If Eddy does what he knows how to do he will be able to score at will against the Lakers. Hopefully he doesnt allow someone to dunk on him like last time:

Eddy Curry Last 5 Games:

24mpg
    14ppg
    4.6rpg
    55fg%
    1.8topg

Let me be the first to say these numbers are sad. How many players would love to be built to dominate like Eddy Curry? His points are almost half of what they should be and his rebounds are 1/3 of what they should be. Curry is blessed with the size and athletic ability of a top 15 player but he has the softness of a WNBA player, a cowards mentality, and conditioning thats comparible with Vin Baker and Shawn Kemp (Rite now, not in their primes).

Kwame Brown, the former #1 pick has not lived up to the hype. Thats an understatement but lets look at how hes done the last 5 games:

25mpg
    7.4ppg
    50fg%
    6.8rpg
    2TO

What a crappy key matchup. What else am I suppose to do, continue to go back and forth with Crawford and Randolph? You cant really have a key matchup with Fred Jones and Q-Rich. Both of them statistically make small impacts. Crawford and Z-Bo are the only players that put up some stats, good or bad.

Next time my key matchup will be the waterboy vs time. Will the waterboy be able to get every player water before the time out becomes time up?

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
    • Study tapes of Bruce Bowen, try to injure Kobe Bryant
    • Defense!!!! We just played the second best team offensively; Now its time to play the 3rd Best......Lakers-107ppg
    • Lakers=3rd best rebounding team......44.9rpg.....Box Out!!!
    • Change Offensive Gameplan!!!!! Knicks vs Lakers 12/23: 39.5fg%, 15.8%3P

Eastern Conference Standings

1. Celtics(34-8)
    2. Pistons(31-13)-4GB
    3. Magic(28-18)-8GB
    4. Cavs(24-19)-10.5GB
    5. Raptors(24-19)10.5GB
    6. Wizards(23-19)11GB
    7. Hawks(18-22)15GB
    8. Pacers(19-26)16.5GB
    9. Nets(18-26)17GB
    10. Bucks(18-27)17.5GB
    11. Bulls(17-26)17.5GB
    12. Bobcats(17-27)18GB
    13. 76ers(17-28)18.5GB
    14. Knicks(14-29)20.5GB
    15. Heat(9-33)25GB

The Eastern Conference still sucks. Only 6 teams with winning records. The Western Conference has 10 teams with winning records.

The Official Playoff Race: Knicks are 4 games out

A New Part of the Game Thread, Jazzy Jeff is introducing for the 1st time month by month statistics which will be updated for every game. Lets compare numbers from the first 3 months of the NBA season.

November(5-11):Opponents Points per game=101.5
    93.1ppg,43.4rpg,17apg,42.9fg%,32.2%3P,70.2FT%,6.9s pg,3.2bpg

December(3-11):Opponents Points per game=102.6
    94.6ppg,41.3rpg,16.4apg,42.6fg%,33.1%3P,70.7FT%,6. 7spg,1.5bpg

January(6-7):Opponents Points per game=97.2
    95.5ppg,39.8rpg,20.8apg,46.3fg%,34.6%3P,73.3FT%,5. 2spg,1.8bpg

Lakers Top 3 Point shooters
    1. Derek Fisher-43.1%
    2. Jordan Farmar-40.6%
    3. Vladimir Radmanovic-39.2%
    4. Sasha Vujacic-38.6%
    5. Luke Walton-38%
    6. Kobe Bryant-34.9%
    7. Trevor Ariza-33%

*Trevor Ariza is not listed on the injured list but I believe hes injured. He hasnt played since Jan. 17 after fracturing a bone in his right foot during practice

The Knicks will have their hands full with one of the best players in the league, Kobe Bryant. Back about a month ago Kobe went off for 39 points on 50% shooting. He was the only player to give the Knicks problems, the 2nd leading scorer was Andrew Bynum who had 13 points but as already mentioned he wont be playing. Odom was 3rd with 9 points.

If the Knicks can hold down the rest of the team like they did last time they will give themselves a good chance to win. Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford provided most of the offense for the Knicks last time. The Lakers held the Knicks to only 3 3-pointers in the game. Crawford (31 points) shot 44% but Nate who finished with 16 points only shot 33%.

Throwback HipHop Video of the Day:

Artist:Noreaga
    Title:Married to Marijuana
    Album: ?
    Year: ?

That does it for my pregame show. I thank everyone for joining me and remember to tune in late Tuesday night to catch the Knicks and Lakers.

"What a crappy key matchup. What else am I suppose to do, continue to go back and forth with Crawford and Randolph? You cant really have a key matchup with Fred Jones and Q-Rich. Both of them statistically make small impacts. Crawford and Z-Bo are the only players that put up some stats, good or bad"

bahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!!!!

I love it, another great thread.

I will say this, if Bryant gets held to around 30pts we r in this

KnicksonLIN.com

If the Knicks are going to win this game, then Zach Randolph,David Lee,and Eddy Curry MUST take it to Kwame Brown and Lamar Odom.Andrew Bynum is out, so the Knicks have to exploit their frontcourt weakness.Kwame Brown is not a shotblocker and Lamar Odom is not nearly as fat and out of shape as Z-Bo(Randolph 265lbs Odom 230).The Knicks needs to force it into Curry, Lee, and Randolph.If the Knicks' front court can dominate the Laker's front court, we will most likely win, cause Kobe can't overcome Crawford and Nate's offense, and Curry and Randolph's offense combined.However, if they let Crawford shoot like a nut, and get all the last second shots, then we will fall to another defeat.I think the Knicks are gonna lose.Jamal is a bad defender, so Derick Fisher will get open 3's off of double teams on Kobe.Also, nobody on the Knicks can stop Kobe or Odom, so they will combine for at least 45 points.This is gonna be a close game, but I say the Knicks lose.This is another game where the Knicks could have used Marbury-a guy that can fight over screens and doesn't leave players that can shoot wide open nearly as much as Crawford.

Who the hell voted for Marbury? Someone on here is part of the Marbury family. We need to find out who this is and kick this Marburysexual off the site, permanently.

Hey i thought u would have had Paul Pierce in that list of players MSG? lol.

KnicksonLIN.com

I voted for Kobe, cause he's a great scorer,defender,passer,can rebound well for a guard, and he has a high basketball IQ.He also makes a great leader,and he has the ability to shoot in people's face at will,and can shoot off balance and fade away jumpers;he has something that very few players have been able to do in the history of the NBA.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Kobe is the best, but he's pretty overrated at this point.

The most amazing talents in the NBA are Paul, Lebron, and Howard...jesus ****ing christ; what a future these guys have. Imagine them all on the same team together. They are the USA's future and future MVP's in this league. Their work ethic is AMAZING, and totally understand what it takes to win and how to produce individually at the same time.

Paul is the best PG in the NBA, its not even debatable.

Lebron is the best perimeter player in the NBA, where as Dwight is the best player in the paint.

When Isiah came here, I was hoping for him to blow it the **** up and tank for guys like Dwight and Paul. Damn him.

Originally Posted by Pricey
    Hey i thought u would have had Paul Pierce in that list of players MSG? lol.
    Players on the best team are usually overrated. Tony Parker is the #1 example of this. I said Pierce was underrated in the past but now I think hes overrated. Same thing with Ray Allen. I noticed hes a chucker, not nearly as bad as Crawford but when hes missin shots he'll keep throwin them up. I seen him have 4-18 nights more then once or twice but at the same time I still gotta give him his credit, hes a great shooter.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Kobe is the best, but he's pretty overrated at this point.

The most amazing talents in the NBA are Paul, Lebron, and Howard...jesus ****ing christ; what a future these guys have. Imagine them all on the same team together. They are the USA's future and future MVP's in this league. Their work ethic is AMAZING, and totally understand what it takes to win and how to produce individually at the same time.

Paul is the best PG in the NBA, its not even debatable.

Lebron is the best perimeter player in the NBA, where as Dwight is the best player in the paint.

When Isiah came here, I was hoping for him to blow it the **** up and tank for guys like Dwight and Paul. Damn him.
    I said the same thing to my pops 2nite about Chris Paul. He is the #1 pg in the NBA and anyone who tries to argue this is wasting there time. What pg has the offense, defense, passing, and leadership of Chris Paul? Can Kidd and Nash play defense? Can Kidd score? The closest point guard to Paul would be Marbury and then Telfair.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Players on the best team are usually overrated. Tony Parker is the #1 example of this. I said Pierce was underrated in the past but now I think hes overrated. Same thing with Ray Allen. I noticed hes a chucker, not nearly as bad as Crawford but when hes missin shots he'll keep throwin them up. I seen him have 4-18 nights more then once or twice but at the same time I still gotta give him his credit, hes a great shooter.

I said the same thing to my pops 2nite about Chris Paul. He is the #1 pg in the NBA and anyone who tries to argue this is wasting there time. What pg has the offense, defense, passing, and leadership of Chris Paul? Can Kidd and Nash play defense? Can Kidd score? The closest point guard to Paul would be Marbury and then Telfair.
    are u saying that marbury and TELFAIR is better than kidd and steve nash???

probally its close

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    probally its close
    u are crazy to say some shyt like dat, i wont argue about paul cuz he my favorite PG and steve nash is overrated to me but to say telfair and marbury is better than kidd??the fact u brung up telfair, its just crazy, im not knocking telfair cuz he could ball but to say he better than KIdd??

He could beat him 1 on 1.

c'mon MSG lol, no way is he better then Kidd or Nash. Telfair is not in the same league as those blokes. Marbury at his best could beat them but that is at his best, not consistently.
    i would even say Deron Williams is in the top couple PGs, i think he is a gun.
    Utah would be happy with Deron but must be shaking there heads that they didnt take Paul over him

KnicksonLIN.com

I've never been a fan of Jason Kidd or Steve Nash.I think they are both overrated.Both guys are great guards, no doubt about it.However,their success has a lot to do with the talent on their team.When you have guys that can score like Amare Stoudamire,Shawn Marion,Grant Hill,Leonardo Barbosa,Raja Bell,Vince Carter,Richard Jefferson,Nenad Kristic,it's no wonder your team can get to the playoffs consistantly.Give Nash or Kidd Eddy Curry, and Jamal Crawford, and they'd choke.Neither of those guys could play well on a team like the Knicks.

Originally Posted by abcd
    I've never been a fan of Jason Kidd or Steve Nash.I think they are both overrated.Both guys are great guards, no doubt about it.However,their success has a lot to do with the talent on their team.When you have guys that can score like Amare Stoudamire,Shawn Marion,Grant Hill,Leonardo Barbosa,Raja Bell,Vince Carter,Richard Jefferson,Nenad Kristic,it's no wonder your team can get to the playoffs consistantly.Give Nash or Kidd Eddy Curry, and Jamal Crawford, and they'd choke.Neither of those guys could play well on a team like the Knicks.
    Thats a real good point but people fail to think about this when comparin Marbury to Nash and Kidd.