View Poll Results: Which sandwich is most to blame for the Knicks' defensive woes this season?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quadstacker

    2 33.33%
  • Triple Whopper w/ Cheese

    2 33.33%
  • Enormous omlet sandwich

    1 16.67%
  • Croissan'wich

    1 16.67%
  • other

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Step slow on defense

  1. #1
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Step slow on defense



    The Knicks have been a step slow on defense all year,but nobody knows exactly why.Here are 4 possible reasons:
    Triple Whopper with Cheese: 82 grams of fat per sandwich

    BK Quadstacker:68 grams of fat per sandwich

    Enormous Omlet Sandwich:45 grams of fat per sandwich

    Bacon Egg and Cheese Croissan'wich:42 grams of fat

    Do you think this might have to do with it? Or is it something else?

  2. #2
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    u guys get triple whoppers with cheese over there? man we dont have any of those burgers here. no wonder America have a obesity issue lol.

    Knicks should put a ban on all take away during the season and a month before the season.

  3. #3
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Pricey
    u guys get triple whoppers with cheese over there? man we dont have any of those burgers here. no wonder America have a obesity issue lol.

    Knicks should put a ban on all take away during the season and a month before the season.
    Yeah, I know, it's sad.I've only eaten a "single" whopper with cheese about 3 times in my life.So it's shocking that some people go as far as to eat a sandwich with 82 grams of fat and is the size of the Empire State Building. lol

  4. #4
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    America has an obesity problem for the following reasons

    Eating has become a hobby
    Lack of exercise
    Corn syrup

  5. #5
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Yeah, I know, it's sad.I've only eaten a "single" whopper with cheese about 3 times in my life.So it's shocking that some people go as far as to eat a sandwich with 82 grams of fat and is the size of the Empire State Building. lol
    the max we go is a double whopper with cheese or a triple cheesburger.

  6. #6
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    America has an obesity problem for the following reasons

    Eating has become a hobby
    Lack of exercise
    Corn syrup
    u guys supersize everything as well dont u? i saw that doco, man that was funny.
    Come to think of it i thought i saw Eddy Curry in that movie in Maccas

  7. #7
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    [Shakes Head in Shame]

    Nothing personal against this thread, but it brings out an issue.

    This site has been on a real ugly slump lately with talk of fast food, continuos irrelevant marbury arguments that get too personal, and this Telfair nonsense thats been flying around for some odd reason.

    what is happening to knicksonline? The Knicks have been playing their best basketball we have seen in 2 years, surely their are more relevant issues.

    Am I the only one who feels this?

    c'mon guys, I count on this site to get me through the work day. What's going on with this place = (

    Rady, Might be time for state of the site address before this goes on further.

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    [Shakes Head in Shame]

    Nothing personal against this thread, but it brings out an issue.

    This site has been on a real ugly slump lately with talk of fast food, continuos irrelevant marbury arguments that get too personal, and this Telfair nonsense thats been flying around for some odd reason.

    what is happening to knicksonline? The Knicks have been playing their best basketball we have seen in 2 years, surely their are more relevant issues.

    Am I the only one who feels this?

    c'mon guys, I count on this site to get me through the work day. What's going on with this place = (

    Rady, Might be time for state of the site address before this goes on further.
    The Telfair thing is funny in its absurdity though but you're right, the Knicks have been playing better however they need to show a lot more heart to make up for the bull**** they gave us for the first 30-35 games of this season. Curry needs to be off this team.

  9. #9
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    [Shakes Head in Shame]

    Nothing personal against this thread, but it brings out an issue.

    This site has been on a real ugly slump lately with talk of fast food, continuos irrelevant marbury arguments that get too personal, and this Telfair nonsense thats been flying around for some odd reason.

    what is happening to knicksonline? The Knicks have been playing their best basketball we have seen in 2 years, surely their are more relevant issues.

    Am I the only one who feels this?

    c'mon guys, I count on this site to get me through the work day. What's going on with this place = (

    Rady, Might be time for state of the site address before this goes on further.
    No disrespect, but I don't think the Knicks are playing the best basketball we've seen in 2 years.The Knicks actually had the 8th spot at one point, last year.The Knicks haven't had the 8th spot in the east, since the beginning of November, when the Knicks were 2-1.However, I do agree.There are more relevant things we could do threads on.I was just doing this one as a joke.I don't have a history of making these kind of threads, nor do I plan on making a habit of it.My other two threads that I put out the other day are both relevant.I just decided to make a joke about the Knicks' struggles on defense, cause I think it's sad how the Knicks have been so terrible on defense, over the last 6 or 7 years.I'm not a thread writer anyways, so don't worry about it.This is only my 3rd thread, and I don't plan on making lots of threads.I might do 1 or 2 every month, but no more than that.
    Last edited by abcd; Jan 29, 2008 at 07:11.

  10. #10
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    No disrespect, but I don't think the Knicks are playing the best basketball we've seen in 2 years.The Knicks actually had the 8th spot at one point, last year.The Knicks haven't had the 8th spot in the east, since the beginning of November, when the Knicks were 2-1.However, I do agree.There are more relevant things we could do threads on.I was just doing this one as a joke.I don't have a history of making these kind of threads, nor do I plan on making a habit of it.My other two threads that I put out the other day are both relevant.I just decided to make a joke about the Knicks' struggles on defense, cause I think it's sad how the Knicks have been so terrible on defense, over the last 6 or 7 years.I'm not a thread writer anyways, so don't worry about it.This is only my 3rd thread, and I don't plan on making lots of threads.I might do 1 or 2 every month, but no more than that.
    I have no problem with it, I think this thread is great. Its a reasonable question, we do have a couple of overweight players on our team. No matter what you do not everyones gonna approve of it.

  11. #11
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I have no problem with it, I think this thread is great. Its a reasonable question, we do have a couple of overweight players on our team. No matter what you do not everyones gonna approve of it.
    I made this thread, cause it's been years since the Knicks have been considered a good defensive team.I also thought the poll question was kind of funny,too.I mean, what kind of a poll question asks about a sandwich?lol But you right, not everyone is gonna approve this thread,or most other threads, cause everyone has their own opinion about different things.

  12. #12
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default What about the Birdman?

    Originally Posted by Starks
    [Shakes Head in Shame]

    Nothing personal against this thread, but it brings out an issue.

    This site has been on a real ugly slump lately with talk of fast food, continuos irrelevant marbury arguments that get too personal, and this Telfair nonsense thats been flying around for some odd reason.

    what is happening to knicksonline? The Knicks have been playing their best basketball we have seen in 2 years, surely their are more relevant issues.

    Am I the only one who feels this?

    c'mon guys, I count on this site to get me through the work day. What's going on with this place = (

    Rady, Might be time for state of the site address before this goes on further.
    Agreed. Lets get back to talking about the Knicks and basketball, and not petty arguments about who is a better PG.

    Does anbody remember Chris Anderson?


    He was suspended from the NBA for violating the drug policy and is now available for reinstatement. He was kind of like David Lee (hustle player), but is 6'11" and can block shots and play defense. He can probably be best compared to Anderson Varajoe. The Hornets currently have the rights to Chris Anderson but it is likely he will be waived. Should the Knicks take a chance on him? If he can still play the way he used to, he is the type of player the Knicks desperately need in the frontcourt.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Jan 29, 2008 at 09:54.

  13. #13
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Agreed. Lets get back to talking about the Knicks and basketball, and not petty arguments about who is a better PG.

    Does anbody remember Chris Anderson?


    He was suspended from the NBA for violating the drug policy and is now available for reinstatement. He was kind of like David Lee (hustle player), but is 6'11" and can block shots and play defense. He can probably be best compared to Anderson Varajoe. The Hornets currently have the rights to Chris Anderson but it is likely he will be waived. Should the Knicks take a chance on him? If he can still play the way he used to, he is the type of player the Knicks desperately need in the frontcourt.
    You can tell he be smokin' dem trees from that picture.He doesn't even look like he's aware of what's going on. lol I heard of him.He made of fool of himself in the NBA slam Dunk contest.He's a good dunker, but you couldn't tell in the slam dunk contest.lolI would take a chance on him, as long as he isn't greedy.The most I'd give him is 1 million dollars for 1 year.He has what we need,shotblocking, but if he's gonna start doing dope again, then he has no spot on the Knicks.
    Last edited by abcd; Jan 29, 2008 at 10:07.

  14. #14
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    [Shakes Head in Shame]

    Nothing personal against this thread, but it brings out an issue.

    This site has been on a real ugly slump lately with talk of fast food, continuos irrelevant marbury arguments that get too personal, and this Telfair nonsense thats been flying around for some odd reason.

    what is happening to knicksonline? The Knicks have been playing their best basketball we have seen in 2 years, surely their are more relevant issues.

    Am I the only one who feels this?

    c'mon guys, I count on this site to get me through the work day. What's going on with this place = (

    Rady, Might be time for state of the site address before this goes on further.
    I dont believe theres been any marbury arguements recently. Whats this Telfair nonsense about?

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Agreed. Lets get back to talking about the Knicks and basketball, and not petty arguments about who is a better PG.

    Does anbody remember Chris Anderson?

    He was suspended from the NBA for violating the drug policy and is now available for reinstatement. He was kind of like David Lee (hustle player), but is 6'11" and can block shots and play defense. He can probably be best compared to Anderson Varajoe. The Hornets currently have the rights to Chris Anderson but it is likely he will be waived. Should the Knicks take a chance on him? If he can still play the way he used to, he is the type of player the Knicks desperately need in the frontcourt.
    Again there hasnt been Marbury arguements recently. I remember Chris Anderson, the birdman. Didnt he miss his dunks in the dunk contest one year?

  15. #15
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I remember Chris Anderson, the birdman. Didnt he miss his dunks in the dunk contest one year?
    Do you think the Knicks should take a chance on him? I remember him when he played for the Nuggets. He was kind of a fan favorite out here in Colorado. Always hustling, blocking shots and fighting for rebounds. He could be a inexpensive energy player for the Knicks frontcourt. Ofcourse, the crack he was smokin' may have been the reason he had so much energy.

Similar Threads

  1. Thomas emphasizes defense
    By donchris in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Oct 20, 2007, 09:46
  2. Curry develops outside jumper..
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Aug 31, 2007, 14:25
  3. Knicks roster evaluation, any complete players?
    By jzero29 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Jul 31, 2007, 12:31
  4. Step Up
    By nyKnicks126 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Mar 02, 2007, 17:07
  5. Defense
    By rick700 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 02, 2004, 13:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •