Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official Crawford Sucks Thread

Hybrid View

Default The Official Crawford Sucks Thread

I wanna start by sayin that anyone who thinks im serious with the Telfair stuff is a F*ckin idiot and go hang yourself.

With that bein said, Crawford Sucks.

Crawford might be the most overrated Knick in history. Anyone who gave him a C- or higher in the Knicks Grades Thread I have one question, why?

Season Stats

19.8ppg
    41.9fg%
    33.7 3P%
    4.7apg
    2.71tpg

Career Stats

14.1ppg
    40.3fg%
    34.2 3P%
    4apg
    2.11tpg

People on his d*ck like they came out of it. Why does everyone think Crawford is a "B". When you take over 16 and a half shots per game (16.67 to be exact) you should be averagin more then 19.8ppg.

5.8 of these shots are 3 Point attempts. He shoots 4.5 free throws per game.
    Im gonna make this easier for everyone to see:

10.9 2pt attempts
    5.8 3pt attempts
    4.5 free throw attempts

Anyone see whats wrong? Someone recently credited Larry Brown for correcting Crawfords problem of shootin more 3's then free throws. Please void that post.

Lets take a look at another player averaging around 20 points per game. How about Corey Maggette? Not one of my favorite players but we might see somethin interestin here. Crawford sexuals can learn sumthin.

Corey Maggette 2007-08 Stats

20.9ppg
    46.8fg%
    fga/fgm-6.4/13.7

You see that?

Crawford-16.67shots per game/19.8ppg
    Maggette-13.7shots per game/20.9ppg

Maggettes takin 3 less shots but scorin 1 more point.

Crawford is not only a poor shooter but he shoots too much. He defines the word chucker. Anyone catchin feelings about my facts on Crawford needs to explain why he deserves a "B" to me. I want to know why.

Although stats dont always tell the whole story, they are conclusive enough here. Crawford is arguably the most overrated player in Knicks history. He deserves some heat takin off of him because of the other players on this team but I only talked about his offense. We aint even talkin about his defense or lack of.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Thats low.. Thats so low..

hes not my favourite player by no means but that dunt mean we have to hate him. ok hes not a gr8 player but hes our top scorer! at least he plays 110% every night which rare in our team. Marbury is twice the player but he doesnt know the meaning of team.

give credit when credit is due!

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    hes not my favourite player by no means but that dunt mean we have to hate him. ok hes not a gr8 player but hes our top scorer! at least he plays 110% every night which rare in our team. Marbury is twice the player but he doesnt know the meaning of team.

True that! Come on has JC EVER bailed out on a team by simply sayin I don't want to play? no. Marbury has on more then one occasion. Marbury only gives (when playing) 50%. No heart, no NEW YORK F#CKIN PRIDE!!!!.

KnicksonLIN.com

You're saying speak nothing but the truth,MSG 33.Crawford doesn't suck, but he definitely is overrated,and he makes a terrible leader.A guy that plays well offensively 1 out of every 5 games and has no D should not lead your team.I have no idea why Isiah Thomas made him the Captain.The captain of your team has to be able to provide leadership, and Crawford's soft play on defense and lack of consistency isn't leadership.I still think we should keep Jamal, cause he's a good shooter, but he definitely needs to work on his D, get his minutes dropped from 41 to 30,and he needs to stop getting all the last second shots.There are other guys on the Knicks that can score down the stretch.Ex:Nate Robinson,Zach Randolph,and Stephon Marbury(when he's healthy).The only reason I gave him a B is cause he's our lead scorer.If Zach was our lead scorer, I would've given Crawford a C,cause as talented as he is, he's one dimensional.If Isiah was smart, he would've made Marbury captain and David Lee the co-captain.

Originally Posted by abcd
    You're saying speak nothing but the truth,MSG 33.Crawford doesn't suck, but he definitely is overrated,and he makes a terrible leader.A guy that plays well offensively 1 out of every 5 games and has no D should not lead your team.I have no idea why Isiah Thomas made him the Captain.The captain of your team has to be able to provide leadership, and Crawford's soft play on defense and lack of consistency isn't leadership.I still think we should keep Jamal, cause he's a good shooter, but he definitely needs to work on his D, get his minutes dropped from 41 to 30,and he needs to stop getting all the last second shots.There are other guys on the Knicks that can score down the stretch.Ex:Nate Robinson,Zach Randolph,and Stephon Marbury(when he's healthy).The only reason I gave him a B is cause he's our lead scorer.If Zach was our lead scorer, I would've given Crawford a C,cause as talented as he is, he's one dimensional.If Isiah was smart, he would've made Marbury captain and David Lee the co-captain.
    knicks got like 3 captains and marbury is one of them and its sad, jamal is a better leader than stephon cuz jamal unlike marbury is liked by everybody on the locker room, where u been this month, jamal has been cosistant offensively, his 3 point game has dropped but he shooting a fair percentage and still makes big shots

and thread starter, u a f*cking hater cuz u been cosigning jamal the whole month and now u say something stupid so u go back to hating on jamal??

crawford was never asked to be a leader. He did what he was capable of. better than that douche bury

Originally Posted by NicksKnicks

I agree,he is far from my favorite, but has productive this season. Corey Magette is very underated, but the stats don't tell the whole story.

I'm one of the people who gave Crawford a B and here is why.....Jamal is still not shooting efficiently, nor is he playing solid D (name me 4 Knicks who have this season). But he somehow has become the most important player on the team. He is demanding attention from teams best defenders, so opposing coaches have taken notice as well. I can think of twenty or so players in the league I'd like to see as our starting SG, but not one other player on our team I'd like to see start over him. So fine lets call it a low B then, but I think that a B is a fair grade for him. Anyways the official one that is posted by the Newyork Post comes out next week, we'll see what they give him

I think your criticisms are well taken. I don't disagree with anything you had to say.

I gave him a B- because other than Nate Robinson, IMO, he's the only other Knick making some progress in his game. His shot selection is improving "a little". If he can continue in that direction, his field goal percentage will rise a few percentage points on a permanent basis as it did for awhile in the last few weeks.

In addition, one thing the Knicks desperately need is a leader. By leader I mean someone that is willing to step up to the plate and take over the game at crunch time, take the potential game winning shot under pressure and hit them often enough to matter, rally the troops when they are down, gain the respect of the other players etc.... Crawford seems to possess all those intangibles in sufficient quantities to take that responsibility on this team. Granted, he's no star. He doesn't have near the same talent or skill as most "elite" team leaders. But on this Knick team he has more of those intangibles than any other player. So I think he deserves some props for stepping to the plate and gaining the respect of his teamates. If he can improve his shot selection further and play a little better defense, he'll be a reasonably valuable player.

Most of my grades were in relation to my expectations. That's why I was willing to give him a decent grade but was less willing to give one to guys like Lee and Balkman. As far as I am concerned, as good as those guys have been at times, they haven't made virtually any progress since last year. My expectations for the team hinged on both of them being much better than last year because they are so young. I am disappointed they aren't better.
    Last edited by knicklover; Jan 29, 2008 at 19:27.

crawford waz neva brought here to be the man so i dont hate him, but his tendency to chuck up any shot in sight haz started to piss me off. its so sad knowin that jamal crawford is the best player and leader of our team. how far haz this team fallin....

Originally Posted by allanhoustonfan220
    crawford waz neva brought here to be the man so i dont hate him, but his tendency to chuck up any shot in sight haz started to piss me off. its so sad knowin that jamal crawford is the best player and leader of our team. how far haz this team fallin....
    Crawford is the worst player on this team, thats what this threads all about. Hes far from being the best player on this team and a leader. Read a couple of posts before typing.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Crawford is the worst player on this team, thats what this threads all about. Hes far from being the best player on this team and a leader. Read a couple of posts before typing.

Indeed.

Give Robinson Crawford-like minutes, Robinson could easily average 22 ppg 5 rebounds and 5-6 assist, with a couple of steals, and a higher shooting percentage. Give a lot of guys in the league Crawford's minutes they would produce more impressive numbers.

Crawford can produce all he wants individually, he has never, is or will never help this team with his style of game and his loser chuck mentality. **** him, I hate him, and I hate even talking about him.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Indeed.

Give Robinson Crawford-like minutes, Robinson could easily average 22 ppg 5 rebounds and 5-6 assist, with a couple of steals, and a higher shooting percentage. Give a lot of guys in the league Crawford's minutes they would produce more impressive numbers.

Crawford can produce all he wants individually, he has never, is or will never help this team with his style of game and his loser chuck mentality. **** him, I hate him, and I hate even talking about him.
    Its frustrating talkin about him but this is a great thread. It was long overdue but ignorant posters like allanhoustonfan220 dont read any posts. The purpose of this thread is to educate all Crawfordsexuals.

Veteran

Thumbs down Who's Trippin???

Man MSG, you and Metro are both trippin' right now. If Jamal went down right now the Knicks might not win another game this season. The guy is playing the 1 and the 2 whenever asked and basically on the floor every meaningful minute of the game while averaging about 20 per game. You talk about everybody hating on Steph, so why hate on Jamal??? Jamal is a highlight waiting to happen everytime he touches the ball. So what if the guy shoots alot??? Someone has to step up in the absence of the "Knicks best player" and Jamal has picked up the torch. You picked the right mascot for Jamal because in the end this is entertainment and I watch Knick games to see Jamal CLOWN the opposition. I give the guy an A for effort for not giving up on this hapless team. That's what it's all about. MSG you are great at handing out PHD's, so give one to yourself for starting this evil thread.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Toons, first of all, I'm being realistic when I say I saw 50-60 Knicks games. By reading your post I doubt you've watched half as many games.

Time to end this thread debate for once and for all.

Paul1355, you tripping.

20 and 5 means nothing.
    Crawford gets 40 minutes a game. Do you think his 20 and 5 out impresses guys like Kobe, Paul, or other all star players who gets 40 minutes a game?

Crawford isn't efficient.
    He gets 20 and 5 because he was allowed to dominate the ball and take majority of the perimeter shots.

That lead to a lot of LOSING, fact.
    Why?
    Crawford isn't a player who can lead a team, instead he forces the team to watch himself play like a clown.
    A lot of isolation, missed shots, bad decisions with the ball and a lot of indecisive overall. He's a TERRIBLE first option and was the WORST first option in the NBA last season. Find me someone worse, thank you.

Crawford wouldn't even be an efficient 3rd option on a WINNING TEAM.
    He belongs on the bench similar to Eddie House.

You guys act like bitches about "Knicks counting on Crawford"
    Thats 100% bull****.
    Isiah gave this team to Crawford, does that excuse Crawford for playing like a dumbass all the time?
    No.

Toons,

Crawford isn't a good ball handler because he tries too hard to be fancy and doesn't make the right decisions with the ball. His basketball IQ is as low as it gets for a guy who's been in this league for so long (Whats this, his 6th or 7th year? Dude is already vet and plays like an 8th grader) and gets so many minutes.

Who said Crawford sucks?
    He's a C level player.
    Thats average.
    Crawford just sucks **** as being the primary player on your team.
    **** ESPN and you're made up **** you have no SOURCE of providing here, just something you heard in your delusional Crawford-manlove mind. If you could provide an article or vid where a sports journalist said then, then do it; if not shut the **** up about it.
    So yeh, **** ESPN here's a fact.
    When Crawford is the primary option of your team.
    Your team is bound for the lottery.
    Your team is bound for a 50-60 loss season.
    Don't believe me?
    Look at Crawford's glory in the Bulls.
    Look at the Knicks the last 3-4 seasons under Crawford.
    It seems like we got WORSE when Crawford's role got bigger, check out the records.

Crawford caused a lot of problems on the court, he played like the biggest dumbass on the Knicks and put us in a losing situation every game. But once or twice a season he would hit a game winning shot, while missing 15-20 of those, but still being proclaimed as "clutch" by the Crawfordsexuals. Funny right?

You acting like a bitch right now, no snitching? **** that Cam'ron ****.
    If you don't like Isiah, how the hell can you like Crawford? Isiah is Crawford's Don. Crawford wore his number in dedication to Isiah and Isiah made Crawford untradable when he should of been traded two seasons ago.
    Crawford didn't say **** because Isiah had his back. So obviously a Crawfordsexual wouldn't beef with Isiah and Isiahsexuals so much.

Marbury was tired of the losing and the manlove between Crawford/Isiah. He came to NYC to rep his hometown, and these midwest faggots weren't repping the Garden right. Marbury had EVERY RIGHT to call out Isiah's punkass for soiling the Garden with his draft blunders, free agent failures and complete debacles on trading with other teams making them better.

How DARE you even take defense of a bitch like Isiah just for the sake of your homeboy Crawford. You pick this team first, and Isiah and Crawford hurted this team too much for them to be defended. A Knick fan defending Crawford is like Bush coming to the defense of the Taliban.

Son, I got like 20 other paragraphs I could DESTROY Crawford with, I've been bashing Crawford for 3+ years already and got a ****load of information and facts that would already make this thread burn more than its already burn.

Don't challenge me, **** Team Starbury...thats just a sarcastic thing; sensitive Isiahsexuals like you need to fall back and stop taking jokes so serious.

Crawford has to go.
    LosingEST player in the NBA
    Heres a fact from not too long ago.

Miami, Minnesota, Memphis, Seattle and New York are on pace to finish below the Crawford Line (.307) this season -- the most teams to finish with fewer than 26 wins since 2000-01. The Crawford Line is named in honor of New York Knicks guard Jamal Crawford, who has a career winning percentage of .307, worst among active players with at least 400 games played.

a classic post from metro....good work as always fam