The Official Crawford Sucks Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I wanna start by sayin that anyone who thinks im serious with the Telfair stuff is a F*ckin idiot and go hang yourself.

With that bein said, Crawford Sucks.

jamal-crawford.jpg

JayZandJamal_Mazur_9195230.jpg

20041030215904.jpeg

Crawford might be the most overrated Knick in history. Anyone who gave him a C- or higher in the Knicks Grades Thread I have one question, why?

Season Stats

19.8ppg
41.9fg%
33.7 3P%
4.7apg
2.71tpg

Career Stats

14.1ppg
40.3fg%
34.2 3P%
4apg
2.11tpg

People on his d*ck like they came out of it. Why does everyone think Crawford is a "B". When you take over 16 and a half shots per game (16.67 to be exact) you should be averagin more then 19.8ppg.

5.8 of these shots are 3 Point attempts. He shoots 4.5 free throws per game.
Im gonna make this easier for everyone to see:

10.9 2pt attempts
5.8 3pt attempts
4.5 free throw attempts

Anyone see whats wrong? Someone recently credited Larry Brown for correcting Crawfords problem of shootin more 3's then free throws. Please void that post.

Lets take a look at another player averaging around 20 points per game. How about Corey Maggette? Not one of my favorite players but we might see somethin interestin here. Crawford sexuals can learn sumthin.

Corey Maggette 2007-08 Stats

20.9ppg
46.8fg%
fga/fgm-6.4/13.7

You see that?

Crawford-16.67shots per game/19.8ppg
Maggette-13.7shots per game/20.9ppg

Maggettes takin 3 less shots but scorin 1 more point.

Crawford is not only a poor shooter but he shoots too much. He defines the word chucker. Anyone catchin feelings about my facts on Crawford needs to explain why he deserves a "B" to me. I want to know why.

Although stats dont always tell the whole story, they are conclusive enough here. Crawford is arguably the most overrated player in Knicks history. He deserves some heat takin off of him because of the other players on this team but I only talked about his offense. We aint even talkin about his defense or lack of.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
hes not my favourite player by no means but that dunt mean we have to hate him. ok hes not a gr8 player but hes our top scorer! at least he plays 110% every night which rare in our team. Marbury is twice the player but he doesnt know the meaning of team.

give credit when credit is due!

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
hes not my favourite player by no means but that dunt mean we have to hate him. ok hes not a gr8 player but hes our top scorer! at least he plays 110% every night which rare in our team. Marbury is twice the player but he doesnt know the meaning of team.

True that! Come on has JC EVER bailed out on a team by simply sayin I don't want to play? no. Marbury has on more then one occasion. Marbury only gives (when playing) 50%. No heart, no NEW YORK F#CKIN PRIDE!!!!.

New New York

Quiet Storm

I agree,he is far from my favorite, but has productive this season. Corey Magette is very underated, but the stats don't tell the whole story.

I'm one of the people who gave Crawford a B and here is why.....Jamal is still not shooting efficiently, nor is he playing solid D (name me 4 Knicks who have this season). But he somehow has become the most important player on the team. He is demanding attention from teams best defenders, so opposing coaches have taken notice as well. I can think of twenty or so players in the league I'd like to see as our starting SG, but not one other player on our team I'd like to see start over him. So fine lets call it a low B then, but I think that a B is a fair grade for him. Anyways the official one that is posted by the Newyork Post comes out next week, we'll see what they give him

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You're saying speak nothing but the truth,MSG 33.Crawford doesn't suck, but he definitely is overrated,and he makes a terrible leader.A guy that plays well offensively 1 out of every 5 games and has no D should not lead your team.I have no idea why Isiah Thomas made him the Captain.The captain of your team has to be able to provide leadership, and Crawford's soft play on defense and lack of consistency isn't leadership.I still think we should keep Jamal, cause he's a good shooter, but he definitely needs to work on his D, get his minutes dropped from 41 to 30,and he needs to stop getting all the last second shots.There are other guys on the Knicks that can score down the stretch.Ex:Nate Robinson,Zach Randolph,and Stephon Marbury(when he's healthy).The only reason I gave him a B is cause he's our lead scorer.If Zach was our lead scorer, I would've given Crawford a C,cause as talented as he is, he's one dimensional.If Isiah was smart, he would've made Marbury captain and David Lee the co-captain.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
You're saying speak nothing but the truth,MSG 33.Crawford doesn't suck, but he definitely is overrated,and he makes a terrible leader.A guy that plays well offensively 1 out of every 5 games and has no D should not lead your team.I have no idea why Isiah Thomas made him the Captain.The captain of your team has to be able to provide leadership, and Crawford's soft play on defense and lack of consistency isn't leadership.I still think we should keep Jamal, cause he's a good shooter, but he definitely needs to work on his D, get his minutes dropped from 41 to 30,and he needs to stop getting all the last second shots.There are other guys on the Knicks that can score down the stretch.Ex:Nate Robinson,Zach Randolph,and Stephon Marbury(when he's healthy).The only reason I gave him a B is cause he's our lead scorer.If Zach was our lead scorer, I would've given Crawford a C,cause as talented as he is, he's one dimensional.If Isiah was smart, he would've made Marbury captain and David Lee the co-captain.

knicks got like 3 captains and marbury is one of them and its sad, jamal is a better leader than stephon cuz jamal unlike marbury is liked by everybody on the locker room, where u been this month, jamal has been cosistant offensively, his 3 point game has dropped but he shooting a fair percentage and still makes big shots

and thread starter, u a f*cking hater cuz u been cosigning jamal the whole month and now u say something stupid so u go back to hating on jamal??

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I think your criticisms are well taken. I don't disagree with anything you had to say.

I gave him a B- because other than Nate Robinson, IMO, he's the only other Knick making some progress in his game. His shot selection is improving "a little". If he can continue in that direction, his field goal percentage will rise a few percentage points on a permanent basis as it did for awhile in the last few weeks.

In addition, one thing the Knicks desperately need is a leader. By leader I mean someone that is willing to step up to the plate and take over the game at crunch time, take the potential game winning shot under pressure and hit them often enough to matter, rally the troops when they are down, gain the respect of the other players etc.... Crawford seems to possess all those intangibles in sufficient quantities to take that responsibility on this team. Granted, he's no star. He doesn't have near the same talent or skill as most "elite" team leaders. But on this Knick team he has more of those intangibles than any other player. So I think he deserves some props for stepping to the plate and gaining the respect of his teamates. If he can improve his shot selection further and play a little better defense, he'll be a reasonably valuable player.

Most of my grades were in relation to my expectations. That's why I was willing to give him a decent grade but was less willing to give one to guys like Lee and Balkman. As far as I am concerned, as good as those guys have been at times, they haven't made virtually any progress since last year. My expectations for the team hinged on both of them being much better than last year because they are so young. I am disappointed they aren't better.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
knicks got like 3 captains and marbury is one of them and its sad, jamal is a better leader than stephon cuz jamal unlike marbury is liked by everybody on the locker room, where u been this month, jamal has been cosistant offensively, his 3 point game has dropped but he shooting a fair percentage and still makes big shots

and thread starter, u a f*cking hater cuz u been cosigning jamal the whole month and now u say something stupid so u go back to hating on jamal??
I'm not a Crawford hater.I just think he makes a bad leader.The fact that the Bulls and Knicks have never made the playoffs while he's been on those teams is proof of this.Crawford makes a good role player or a second or 3rd option, but he's too 1 dimensional to lead a team.That was my point.I never said Crawford sucks, but the Knicks are overplaying him and overrating him by giving him 41 mpg,the name of Captain,and all of the last shots down the stretch.Like I said before,Nate Robinson,Zach Randolph,and Marbury(when healthy) can knock down big shots, too.And about me saying good things about Crawford, I say good things about everyone when they play good.Go look at the Golden State Warriors thread.I gave Quentin Richardson,who shoots 33% on the season, props and said he was the best player for the Knicks on that game, and he looked like how he used to on the Clippers.I've also said Curry is a good low post threat on many of my posts, even though he has played so poorly this year, too.
PS-read my post on Crawford.I had said he is a good shooter, so what you talking about?I was just agreeing with MSG, cause he brought up some good facts.Every weakness MSG brought up about Crawford is true.

Last edited:

Pricey

Rotation player
Crawford is ok but nothing special. If he didnt score around 20pts consistently his arse would have been kicked a long time ago. Makes poor shot selections and turns the ball over a lot. The last month has saved him i think from being traded or being part of a trade negotiation.
I would give him a C+ so far this season due to his last month.
I agree MSG though, he should be scoring more with the amount of shots he puts up.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
True that! Come on has JC EVER bailed out on a team by simply sayin I don't want to play? no. Marbury has on more then one occasion. Marbury only gives (when playing) 50%. No heart, no NEW YORK F#CKIN PRIDE!!!!.

Who said anything about Marbury? We talked about Marbury enuff already. Lets talk about the fan favorite Jamal Crawford. None of my stats were addressed by you or any of the Jamal Lovers.

If Crawford was coming off the bench I wouldnt say he sucks. Part of the reason why he sucks is Isiah givin him so many minutes. Good job seein the truth and avoiding the hype, not many others can hold there heads up here. They all on Crawfords D*ck like he birthed them.

I give credit where its due. Nothin I said about Crawford is unfair and I took all factors into account. This thread is way overdue. He got off to a good start this month but as the stats from one of my recent game threads points out hes back to missin most of his shots. Yall cant call me bias, I even took some of the blame off Crawford because of Isiah and the other bums on this team. U a F*cking hater of facts and the truth. Dont believe the hype.

I think your criticisms are well taken. I don't disagree with anything you had to say.

I gave him a B- because other than Nate Robinson, IMO, he's the only other Knick making some progress in his game. His shot selection is improving "a little". If he can continue in that direction, his field gold percentage will rise a few percentage points on a permanent basis as it did for awhile in the last few weeks.

In addition, one thing the Knicks desperately need is a leader. By leader I mean someone that is willing to step up to the plate and take over the game at crunch time, take the potential game winning shot under pressure and hit them often enough to matter, rally the troops when they are down, gain the respect of the other players etc.... Crawford seems to possess all those intangibles in sufficient quantities to take that responsibility on this team. Granted, he's no star. He doesn't have near the same talent or skill as most "elite" team leaders. But on this Knick team he has more of those intangibles than any other player. So I think he deserves some props for stepping to the plate and gaining the respect of his teamates. If he can improve his shot selection further and play a little better defense, he'll be a reasonably valuable player.

Most of my grades were in relation to my expectations. That's why I was willing to give him a decent grade but was less willing to give one to guys like Lee and Balkman. As far as I am concerned, as good as those guys have been at times, they haven't made virtually any progress since last year. My expectations for the team hinged on both of them being much better than last year because they are so young. I am disappointed they aren't better.
I see what your sayin, not bad. You deserve some respect for realizing that everything I said was fair and fact.

I'm not a Crawford hater.I just think he makes a bad leader.The fact that the Bulls and Knicks have never made the playoffs while he's been on those teams is proof of this.Crawford makes a good role player or a second or 3rd option, but he's too 1 dimensional to lead a team.That was my point.I never said Crawford sucks, but the Knicks are overplaying him and overrating him by giving him 41 mpg,the name of Captain,and all of the last shots down the stretch.Like I said before,Nate Robinson,Zach Randolph,and Marbury(when healthy) can knock down big shots, too.And about me saying good things about Crawford, I say good things about everyone when they play good.Go look at the Golden State Warriors thread.I gave Quentin Richardson,who shoots 33% on the season, props and said he was the best player for the Knicks on that game, and he looked like how he used to on the Clippers.I've also said Curry is a good low post threat on many of my posts, even though he has played so poorly this year, too.
PS-read my post on Crawford.I had said he is a good shooter, so what you talking about?I was just agreeing with MSG, cause he brought up some good facts.Every weakness MSG brought up about Crawford is true.

True, I said this many times but IM gonna say it again and IM gonna bold this shit so everybody see it. I dont think everybody on here seen this yet because they still have Crawfords D*ck in their mouth. Crawford has played more games then any other NBA player without ever playin in a playoff game.

You are a very fair poster ABCD and you give credit where its due. NO one has any right to call you a hater. I give Crawford his credit when he earns it. Im not a Crawford hater, I like every player on this team. Im not sayin I dont want to see some players leave cuz I do, its not working but I even like Curry and Jerome James. But theres too many people on here givin Crawford too much credit and like I siad before this thread was way overdue.

F*ck anyone tryin to bring up Marbury and change the subject. Aint none of yall got any b*lls. When it was everyone vs team Starbury I never once tried to change the subject and avoid sh*t. I kept defendin him. I dont think you can give him any worse then a "C" this year. He played better then Crawford. His defense wasnt great but it was there and same with his offense. He never got enough continuos time to show us what he can do but he played average. I wouldnt gave him an A+ like I did, that was a joke. I give him a C+ but I cant see anything lower then a C, thats just ignorant.

THats all im gonna say about Marbury, this thread is about Crawford. I didnt run away when defendin Marbury so Crawford lovers, lets see your arguements.

nyKnicks126

Yeah but it was going there, you dont say Sh!t about Marbs, but you trash Jamal. I personally don't care what you think about real Knick fans, or Jamal, or any other player on the Knicks, but what you writing about Marbury in other threads makes it sound like Marbs is the MVP of the league. lol. I personally don't like JC either, but I like the effort he is putting in becoming a leader of this squad, something that I will address "Marbury has not done".

Pricey

Rotation player
Yeah but it was going there, you dont say Sh!t about Marbs, but you trash Jamal. I personally don't care what you think about real Knick fans, or Jamal, or any other player on the Knicks, but what you writing about Marbury in other threads makes it sound like Marbs is the MVP of the league. lol. I personally don't like JC either, but I like the effort he is putting in becoming a leader of this squad, something that I will address "Marbury has not done".
If you dont care then why r u addressing it?
He is not doing anything to be a leader lol. He is scoring 20 pts a game and thats it, if he was trying to be a leader he would attempt to play some kind of defence and not throw the ball away every single game.
I know MSG loves Marbury but apart from that he is bringing up stats against other Knick players and the stats dont lie to what he is posting.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
but what you writing about Marbury in other threads makes it sound like Marbs is the MVP of the league. lol.

Examples? Recently I been jokin around but when we had the battles on here everything I said can be argued. You cant say anything I said about Marbury was ignorant.

nyKnicks126

Examples? Recently I been jokin around but when we had the battles on here everything I said can be argued. You cant say anything I said about Marbury was ignorant.

Example like putting his NAME in a poll of the top players in the league, which most of them will be hall of famers when there career ends. Theres your example its on the recent game thread you made.

nyKnicks126

If you dont care then why r u addressing it?
He is not doing anything to be a leader lol. He is scoring 20 pts a game and thats it, if he was trying to be a leader he would attempt to play some kind of defence and not throw the ball away every single game.
I know MSG loves Marbury but apart from that he is bringing up stats against other Knick players and the stats dont lie to what he is posting.

Okay I was addressing MSG. Jamal is having career highs. Jamals got interviews sayin to fans to be strong, and still support them, he tells the big men to boxes out. Vocally a leader. And the reason for your first question is because I want to.. is that good enough for you?

Pricey

Rotation player
Example like putting his NAME in a poll of the top players in the league, which most of them will be hall of famers when there career ends. Theres your example its on the recent game thread you made.
it was obviously a joke lol. no need to bite, just have a laugh.

nyKnicks126

it was obviously a joke lol. no need to bite, just have a laugh.

He simply is obsessed wit Marbury, which I just can't understand how you can like a player has no leadership qualities, and no respect for a prized franchise.I understand that joke, but someone clearly voted for him. If I played for the Knicks, I would give it 110% like those young guys give out there every single game.

:barf:

GetRealistic

Starter
First off MSG we all know you were dead serious about your Telfair comments. Everbody ripped your stupidity so now your trying to back pedal out of comment. Atleast your boy Metro admits to saying QRich is his favorite player.

Your seriously nothing but a clown. Nobody wants to hear your Stats. Shit Glen Rice put up stats, is he anything special? Nobody cares about your opinion on Crawford, because you dont lisen to anybody elses opinion. If you actually read peoples post there isn't a CRAWFORD LOVER out there. We all just share the belief that he's a mediocre played whose been the best player on the team this season. Sure it doesn't mean much cause as a whole the knicks are crappy, but your a stat guy. Look at the stats whose are best player.

Now to all your personal attacks on people. Its such waste of time a space. So NYKnicks126 doesn't agree with your blind love of bum Marbury, oh well. Get over it, he's entitled to is own opinion. So leave the stupid thread shit talking alone, its such a waste of time.

And lastly stop down talking people by saying Kid. Are you even 21 yet? Get a life and stop starting needless problems for no reason. Keep your stupid fights and stupid videos off the threads.

Pricey

Rotation player
Okay I was addressing MSG. Jamal is having career highs. Jamals got interviews sayin to fans to be strong, and still support them, he tells the big men to boxes out. Vocally a leader. And the reason for your first question is because I want to.. is that good enough for you?
u obviously care but thats good cause u should care about ur team so dont say u dont care about what MSG says about Knicks players and other fans when u do.
Jamal has done interviews saying to support them and stay strong...... and?
Every single player would say the same thing if they were interviewed. Its about being a leader on the court and in the locker room, not being a leader in the press.
Yes Jamal is having career highs, thats excellent and long over due. Our issue is how many years has it been to do this and why is he still shooting poorly when u look at his FG attempts compared to how many he makes. Also he still makes comical errors and turns the ball over yet can do outrageous moves driving to the basket. FRUSTRATING!!!!