The Official Crawford Sucks Thread

Toons

is the Bo$$
and how can you say he sucks, but agree that he will be a good role player???
i know i wouoldnt want a role player on my team that sucks.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
u guys rely on box scores too much....and the arguing over crawford is redundant. yeah, the papers say he started as point, but it dosent say what position he played during the games. Crawford played both point and shooting guard, im sure i remember correctly. IMO, he played both 50/50, sometimes he played point because he was forced, other times he just looked like the point guard. Once again, the stats lie. Crawford made many nice passes that were fumbled by david lee, eddy curry, and the leauge rules state that it is the passers fault for not knowing the recievers capabilities. Crawford would have averaged 7 assists easily, but eddy curry couldnt hit a damn hook shot to save his life, jefferies couldnt make a lay in, and zach took 3 pointers when he could have stepped in and hit a 20 footer. Can we please refer to games rather than box scores? Crawford isnt good enough to deserve all of this attention. He isnt overrated, he isnt underrated, he just is jamal crawford. No1 worships him, no1 makes excuses for him. TS members like marbury for his talent, and make excuses for his attitude and corruption, personally, that is not enough for me. You all criticize him for not being a leader...he isnt. Not every1 on the floor is a leader. We have to live with that. Crawford is a starter on the knicks because we suck. He is a role player, he can thrive as a role player, maybe even 6th man if it wasnt for manu. Yeah, crawford sucks....the knicks suck. i guess we can open an official "the new york knicks suck" thread next then? right? cuz i can bring the stats, rankings and everything to shut down any1 who disagrees. Ther eis no I in team, so marbury sucks as well because he couldnt take the knicks anywhere on his own, crawford cant either, and as donnie walsh said, no 1 man can rejuvinate the knicks.

CAP SPACE IN 2010!!!!
Thank you. I'm glad that somebody has some sense. Datruth was acting like if Crawford never played point guard. I don't care if Crawford plays center next year. I was just saying facts, and he was getting all sensitive. I'm glad you didn't get all delusional. Your post is also fair.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
iight let me make this shyt clear, if u a knick im going defend you unless u totally useless.....last time i checked jamal is on the knicks roster, if u wanna say "i love crawford" for just defending jamal then so be it, jamal crawford would make ur favorite player look like a damn fool, if ya two wanna talk about loving players, i would say ya love stephon marbury and sometimes it seems ya like them then the actual knicks...and yea i still believe curry is a problem down low, leadin the whole NBA in points in da point is not a fluke, call it what you what by sayin "we feed the ball to em every possession" well he did something wit the ball and that was put the ball in da basket, for somebody thats as heavy as curry, he sure has athleticism and i still believe he's a problem on the offensive side

Paul1355

All Star
iight let me make this shyt clear, if u a knick im going defend you unless u totally useless.....last time i checked jamal is on the knicks roster, if u wanna say "i love crawford" for just defending jamal then so be it, jamal crawford would make ur favorite player look like a damn fool, if ya two wanna talk about loving players, i would say ya love stephon marbury and sometimes it seems ya like them then the actual knicks...and yea i still believe curry is a problem down low, leadin the whole NBA in points in da point is not a fluke, call it what you what by sayin "we feed the ball to em every possession" well he did something wit the ball and that was put the ball in da basket, for somebody thats as heavy as curry, he sure has athleticism and i still believe he's a problem on the offensive side

If he just used his power to post up, no one would stop him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
lol
Eddy Curry averaged 19 and 7, because he played a career high 35 minutes, and because he was so turnover prone on the floor ; the team was basically forced into giving him the ball. You must also take into account that Lee, Richardson, Crawford, and Jeffries all missed a lot of games, that season, and Curry ended up getting more field goal attempts, as a result.

What NBA player you know that doesn't have improved statistics, with more minutes and more field goal attempts?

The bottom line is Curry is a liability, because he doesn't score those points in a natural way.

He has to commit lots of turnovers, you have to give him the ball every time down low, and he doesn't make his teammates better, due to his inability to pass the ball out of double teams. He also plays no defense, which makes his points far less valuable than they look on paper. Someone that averages 19 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal and 3 assists is going to have more impact with their points than someone like Curry, who averages .5 blocks, .5 assists, and .3 steals.

You can't say Marbury's a liability, on the court, because he knows how to score, and because he knows how to pass the ball. He also knows how to fight over screens, and he has lots of games where his defense looks sharp. You can say he has attitude problems and that he's a cancer, but he doesn't make his teammates worse, when he's on the court. That's Curry's specialty.

Curry actually lowered Marbury's, Crawford's, Lee's, and Randolph's assists numbers, due to all of his turnovers that he would commit, and all of his missed field goals, after they would give him crisp passes.

You can't say Curry passes the ball, because he doesn't. You can't say Curry fights over screens, because the pick and roll is a play that Curry has never been able to defend. You can't say that Curry has lots of games where his defense looks sharp, because most of the time, Curry doesn't even get a steal, or a block.

Curry's 19 and 7 was a fluke. That's why he didn't do it last year, and that's why he will never do it again.

Crawford's 20 and 5 was also a fluke. He would have never averaged those points, if Marbury, Quentin Richardson, and Eddy Curry played the entire season.

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
lol
Eddy Curry averaged 19 and 7, because he played a career high 35 minutes, and because he was so turnover prone on the floor ; the team was basically forced into giving him the ball. You must also take into account that Lee, Richardson, Crawford, and Jeffries all missed a lot of games, that season, and Curry ended up getting more field goal attempts, as a result.

What NBA player you know that doesn't have improved statistics, with more minutes and more field goal attempts?

The bottom line is Curry is a liability, because he doesn't score those points in a natural way.

He has to commit lots of turnovers, you have to give him the ball every time down low, and he doesn't make his teammates better, due to his inability to pass the ball out of double teams. He also plays no defense, which makes his points far less valuable than they look on paper. Someone that averages 19 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal and 3 assists is going to have more impact with their points than someone like Curry, who averages .5 blocks, .5 assists, and .3 steals.

You can't say Marbury's a liability, on the court, because he knows how to score, and because he knows how to pass the ball. He also knows how to fight over screens, and he has lots of games where his defense looks sharp. You can say he has attitude problems and that he's a cancer, but he doesn't make his teammates worse, when he's on the court. That's Curry's specialty.

Curry actually lowered Marbury's, Crawford's, Lee's, and Randolph's assists numbers, due to all of his turnovers that he would commit, and all of his missed field goals, after they would give him crisp passes.

You can't say Curry passes the ball, because he doesn't. You can't say Curry fights over screens, because the pick and roll is a play that Curry has never been able to defend. You can't say that Curry has lots of games where his defense looks sharp, because most of the time, Curry doesn't even get a steal, or a block.

Curry's 19 and 7 was a fluke. That's why he didn't do it last year, and that's why he will never do it again.

Crawford's 20 and 5 was also a fluke. He would have never averaged those points, if Marbury, Quentin Richardson, and Eddy Curry played the entire season.

i know curry sucks on defense but offensively, he's good at what he does, and for what he did 2 years ago wit real no outside threat makes it more respectable, curry use to face triple teams that year and his inability to pass is what hurt em but i excuse em cuz it was the first time in his career he was focal point of the offense and the player the opposing team feared, hate all u want but curry did fine dat year, he just didnt improve last year and if u say randolph has nothing to do with his progress then u simply a hater, and to say curry lowered crawford's assist number is ridiculous, that year crawford had this chemistry with that alley oop play, last season that play was non-existent and who the F*ck is talkin about marbury, dats what im talkin about, why every conversation marbury is brought up???

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

You brought up Marbury first.

I know Curry's 19 and 7 season was a fluke. I'm not being a hater. I'm being a realist.

Does Zach Randolph shoot Curry's free throws?
Does Zach Randolph pass the ball for Curry?
Does Zach Randolph defend the paint for Curry?
Does Zach Randolph miss field goals for Curry?
No, so Curry has nobody to blame but himself, for why he played so bad last season.

Curry averaged 32 minutes per game, for the first two months of the season. He played so bad, he got benched.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i did bring up marbury but i didnt say anything about his game, i expect curry to do well dis year wit the new rule of the defender being penalized for flopping

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Just wanted to post this.....I gold Mac'd some dumb fukk on another site

ur dumb as hell if u think 80 year old houston is better then craw.
craw led the team in scoring at 20ppg. Houston isnt puttin that up. Houston wont be able to run and gun in this offense

lol....crawford cant shoot you dumb fukk. Its as simple as that. If houston can still shoot hes more valuable.
I dont give a fukk about crawfords 20 points per game. He shot 41% from the field and 35.6% from 3pt range.

Theres 104 guards that had better shooting percentages then Crawford.
Theres 75 guards that had better 3pt shooting percentages then Crawford.

Fukk his stats, look @ the percentages. Stop being ignorant. Crawford is ass on offense and defense. He is the worst starting shooting guard in the NBA, he should never start for any team.

Ill give you stats
7.13 field goals made per game
17.39 field goals attempted per game

Does that look efficient? Fukk outta here you little maggot
laugh.gif

The run and gun offense is the worst idea for a player like crawford. He will chuck every chance he gets. D'antoni better put that boy on a leash. Isiah made crawford look like the hero last year, at least to the ignorant fans who believe what they read in the papers.

Crawford is the biggest loser in the NBA. Hes played more regular season games then any other active player without ever playing in a playoff game.

And now i present......The Crawford Line

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/15/AR2008031502209.html

The Crawford Line

Sunday, March 16, 2008; Page D08

Miami, Minnesota, Memphis, Seattle and New York are on pace to finish below the Crawford Line (.307) this season -- the most teams to finish with fewer than 26 wins since 2000-01. The Crawford Line is named in honor of New York Knicks guard Jamal Crawford, who has a career winning percentage of .307, worst among active players with at least 400 games played.

And Im dumb as hell? Fukk outta here maggot
laugh.gif

Paul1355

All Star
So Crawford is turning out to be a good SG this year.....i don't hear the Crawford haters coming out and making more threads.

Just for the record so i don't get jumped on, I felt that Crawford should have started as a 6th man with Marbury starting at the 2 with Duhon. I am not a Crawford sexual and that idea with benching Crawford is an example.

He is shooting more consistently and taking less attempts which is improving his shot section. He is also playing more unselfish. So far he is worth the money he is getting.

JRG3

Benchwarmer
I DOnt see how people could be happy with Marbury i just dont get it and i never will. I hate him.. I think he is a creep and a loser and im happy to see him not playing because the team will be better of without him. You all would hate on Craw but he has done nothing but play for the coaches hes had. He hasnt argued and fought with them.. Hes played to his ability. Isiah is the one that plays him 41 mpg as well as dantoni so i just dont get why he recieves hate and marbury recieves love for destroying a knick team last year. Someone plz tell me why marbury recieves love instead of Crawford. marburys FG% of .415 and .419 are so amazing arent they......come on Now ..... And Craws not a Head case