Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 241

Thread: The Official Crawford Sucks Thread

  1. #166
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,047
    Rep Power
    13

    Cool

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Theres nothing wrong with taking wild crazy shots and missing them in the middle of the game?



    You need to stop being a Suge Knight for Crawford.
    Its hard to base an entire seasons shot selection from one play. Its an example, but if he had finished the play we all would have been like "oooo snap." I'm from the old school so there is nothing like a simple lay-up or a pull up jumper in the lane, but that's the lost art of the mid-range game. Either way what everyone seems to forget is minutes played. Jamal was fifth in the league in average minutes per game at 39.9 minutes in 80 games. His total minutes for the season was 3,189. Allow me to list off some the other players who played 3000 plus minutes last regular season: AI with 3423, Joe Johnston with 3342, Lebron with 3026, Andre Igudala with 3241, Baron Davis with 3196, Kobe with 3192, Jason Richardson with 3149, Rashard Lewis with 3076, Dwight Howard with 3087, Chris Paul with 3005, and Deron Williams with 3058. My point??? Anyone who has played a lick of basketball knows as your minutes go up, shot selection and shooting percentages go down, especially at a shooting guard position. That distinguished list should tell you how much Jamal meant to the Knicks last season. Oh by the way Steph shot 41% in only 24 games last season. Hmmmm.....

  2. #167
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Where did I proclaimed I'm basing Crawford's season on that one play?
    You're an idiot, as proven always.

    Its simple.


    A) Simple Lay up
    B) Circus shot with low % chance of going in?


    Crawford is a clown, get off his nuts.
    He's contributing nothing but losing, for you to defend takes you to the new level of Isiahsexuality.

    Its not entirely about shot attempts.
    We're talking about shot SELECTION.
    pendejo.

  3. #168
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    okay first of all, he cant do a lay up from the FT line cuz he stopped his dribble too early(please dont come dat he was thinking about throwin off the backboard from the beginning cuz dat's all insincts for him), he was lookin to throw it to curry but mohammed backed up to curry which lead to crawford being wide open, he just missed it, that's all

  4. #169
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    okay first of all, he cant do a lay up from the FT line cuz he stopped his dribble too early(please dont come dat he was thinking about throwin off the backboard from the beginning cuz dat's all insincts for him), he was lookin to throw it to curry but mohammed backed up to curry which lead to crawford being wide open, he just missed it, that's all
    How does Crawford's ass taste?

  5. #170
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Where did I proclaimed I'm basing Crawford's season on that one play?
    You're an idiot, as proven always.

    Its simple.


    A) Simple Lay up
    B) Circus shot with low % chance of going in?


    Crawford is a clown, get off his nuts.
    He's contributing nothing but losing, for you to defend takes you to the new level of Isiahsexuality.

    Its not entirely about shot attempts.
    We're talking about shot SELECTION.
    pendejo.
    that play in your video was actually his very well known off the backboard pass to himself and then a lay up or dunk, he has pulled that before...just this time he missed and it did look bad.

  6. #171
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    that play in your video was actually his very well known off the backboard pass to himself and then a lay up or dunk, he has pulled that before...just this time he missed and it did look bad.
    We know.
    Its still a stupid shot, made or miss.

  7. #172
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Its hard to base an entire seasons shot selection from one play. Its an example, but if he had finished the play we all would have been like "oooo snap." I'm from the old school so there is nothing like a simple lay-up or a pull up jumper in the lane, but that's the lost art of the mid-range game. Either way what everyone seems to forget is minutes played. Jamal was fifth in the league in average minutes per game at 39.9 minutes in 80 games. His total minutes for the season was 3,189. Allow me to list off some the other players who played 3000 plus minutes last regular season: AI with 3423, Joe Johnston with 3342, Lebron with 3026, Andre Igudala with 3241, Baron Davis with 3196, Kobe with 3192, Jason Richardson with 3149, Rashard Lewis with 3076, Dwight Howard with 3087, Chris Paul with 3005, and Deron Williams with 3058. My point??? Anyone who has played a lick of basketball knows as your minutes go up, shot selection and shooting percentages go down, especially at a shooting guard position. That distinguished list should tell you how much Jamal meant to the Knicks last season. Oh by the way Steph shot 41% in only 24 games last season. Hmmmm.....
    1) Marbury's shot selection was better than Crawford's, last year.

    Let's check to make sure:
    Marbury's field goal attempts per game, last year: 11
    Marbury's 3 pt attempts: 3.08
    Marbury's free throw attempts per game : 4.8

    You see that? Marbury only took 11 shots a game. Why? Because he's unselfish. He also took 1.72 more free throws than 3's per game.

    Jamal Crawford's field goal attempts per game last year: 17.3
    Jamal Crawford's 3pt attempts per game: 6.175
    Jamal Crawford's free throw attempts per game: 4.7

    You see that? Crawford attempts more 3's than free throws. He actually played in 80 games, and he still averaged .1 less free throw attempts than Marbury.

    Jamal Crawford's overall field goal percentage 41.0%
    Stephon Marbury's overall field goal percentage: 41.9%

    Who are you trying to play? In just 24 games, Marbury shot a higher percentage than Crawford did all season.

    Stephon Marbury's overall 3pt%: 37.8%
    Jamal Crawford's overall 3pt%: 35.4%

    See that? Marbury also shot a higher 3pt%.

    Crawford has bad shot selection. Stop being a Crawfordsexual. There's so much evidence that works against your Crawford theory that it's not even funny. I like Crawford, but I'm not going to stand up for him when I know for a fact he takes rediculous shots.

    2) You also said that as players get more minutes, their shot selection and field goal percentage drops, especially at the shooting guard position.

    Let's check to make sure:
    20.5 ppg Jamal Crawford's overall fg% 41.0% 3pt% 35.6 Minutes per game: 39.9
    21.7 ppg Joe Johnson's overall fg% 43.4%, 3pt% 38.1%, Minutes per game: 40.8
    19.1 ppg Brandon Roy's overall fg% 45.4%, 3pt% 34%, Minutes per game: 37.7
    21.8 ppg Jason Richardson's overall fg% 44.1%, 3 pt% 40.6%, Minutes per game: 38.4
    23.7 ppg Kevin Martin's overall fg% 45.6% 3pt% 40%, 36.3 Minutes per game: 36.3
    19.9 ppg Andre Iguodala's overall fg% 45.6%, 3pt% 32.9, 39.5 Minutes per game
    19.1 ppg Mike Dunleavy's overall fg% 47.6%, 3pt% 42.4%, 36.1 Minutes per game
    21.3 ppg Vince Carter's overall fg% 45.6%, 3pt% 35.9%, 38.9 Minutes per game
    22.7 ppg Michael Red's overall fg% 44.2%, 3pt% 36.2%, 37.5 Minutes per game

    Looks like your theory on that was also disproved.
    Last edited by abcd; Jul 29, 2008 at 04:00.

  8. #173
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Out of all those guys ABCD listed i didnt think Mike Dunleavy would have both the best FG% and 3pt%, he killed the Knicks last year.

  9. #174
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    We know.
    Its still a stupid shot, made or miss.
    u just proved u a hater, u one of them dudes that just hate crawford whether he succeeds or not, he makes that shot u still b*tchin and complainin

  10. #175
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Aight

  11. #176

    Default

    Crawford is an overrated, no d playing, chucker. This is one of the few things metrotard and I agree on.

  12. #177
    Member Dirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Crawford is an overrated, no d playing, chucker. This is one of the few things metrotard and I agree on.
    my granmother could play beter defenses than crawlford and Stevie Wonder has better eyes than the granmother of me

  13. #178
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dirk
    my granmother could play beter defenses than crawlford and Stevie Wonder has better eyes than the granmother of me
    lol keep it up dirk.

  14. #179
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,047
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Where did I proclaimed I'm basing Crawford's season on that one play?
    You're an idiot, as proven always.

    Its simple.


    A) Simple Lay up
    B) Circus shot with low % chance of going in?


    Crawford is a clown, get off his nuts.
    He's contributing nothing but losing, for you to defend takes you to the new level of Isiahsexuality.

    Its not entirely about shot attempts.
    We're talking about shot SELECTION.
    pendejo.
    Weren't you the one that posted the video to show how bad Craw's shot selection is??? Alrighty then. Being called an idiot by someone whose nickname around here is METROTARD doesn't hurt me a bit. Sticks and stones. You again show you are METROTARD with the Isiahsexual stuff because we have been through this on multiple threads. Again RIF( reading is fundamental). So its ok to worship a Steph who only played 24 games last year for which he made about a million a piece, but you roast Jamal who played his heart out for 80 games and was 5th in the NBA in minutes??? You really are METROTARD. You must live in your mama's basement because you don't have any clue of the value of a dollar these days because Steph has been stealing from his hometown squad ever since he put on the Knicks uni. Once again for the METROTARDED: ONE PLAYOFF APPEARANCE IN WHICH WE WERE SWEPT BY CROSSTOWN RIVALS.

  15. #180
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,047
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    1) Marbury's shot selection was better than Crawford's, last year.

    Let's check to make sure:
    Marbury's field goal attempts per game, last year: 11
    Marbury's 3 pt attempts: 3.08
    Marbury's free throw attempts per game : 4.8

    You see that? Marbury only took 11 shots a game. Why? Because he's unselfish. He also took 1.72 more free throws than 3's per game.

    Jamal Crawford's field goal attempts per game last year: 17.3
    Jamal Crawford's 3pt attempts per game: 6.175
    Jamal Crawford's free throw attempts per game: 4.7

    You see that? Crawford attempts more 3's than free throws. He actually played in 80 games, and he still averaged .1 less free throw attempts than Marbury.

    Jamal Crawford's overall field goal percentage 41.0%
    Stephon Marbury's overall field goal percentage: 41.9%

    Who are you trying to play? In just 24 games, Marbury shot a higher percentage than Crawford did all season.

    Stephon Marbury's overall 3pt%: 37.8%
    Jamal Crawford's overall 3pt%: 35.4%

    See that? Marbury also shot a higher 3pt%.

    Crawford has bad shot selection. Stop being a Crawfordsexual. There's so much evidence that works against your Crawford theory that it's not even funny. I like Crawford, but I'm not going to stand up for him when I know for a fact he takes rediculous shots.

    2) You also said that as players get more minutes, their shot selection and field goal percentage drops, especially at the shooting guard position.

    Let's check to make sure:
    20.5 ppg Jamal Crawford's overall fg% 41.0% 3pt% 35.6 Minutes per game: 39.9
    21.7 ppg Joe Johnson's overall fg% 43.4%, 3pt% 38.1%, Minutes per game: 40.8
    19.1 ppg Brandon Roy's overall fg% 45.4%, 3pt% 34%, Minutes per game: 37.7
    21.8 ppg Jason Richardson's overall fg% 44.1%, 3 pt% 40.6%, Minutes per game: 38.4
    23.7 ppg Kevin Martin's overall fg% 45.6% 3pt% 40%, 36.3 Minutes per game: 36.3
    19.9 ppg Andre Iguodala's overall fg% 45.6%, 3pt% 32.9, 39.5 Minutes per game
    19.1 ppg Mike Dunleavy's overall fg% 47.6%, 3pt% 42.4%, 36.1 Minutes per game
    21.3 ppg Vince Carter's overall fg% 45.6%, 3pt% 35.9%, 38.9 Minutes per game
    22.7 ppg Michael Red's overall fg% 44.2%, 3pt% 36.2%, 37.5 Minutes per game

    Looks like your theory on that was also disproved.
    No. I think you just proved my theory. Look at your own chart. Jamal is within 6% points of everyone you posted there. In any study there is some type of statistical variance or +- for error in the survey. Usually its at least 2 to 3 points. So your chart proved Jamal is within an acceptable statistical mean and makes my point. THANKS.

Similar Threads

  1. Official Walt Clyde Frazier Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: Mar 09, 2012, 14:01
  2. The Official EURO 2008 thread
    By rady in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 22:08
  3. Replies: 177
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:58
  4. where's marbury?
    By reckoning in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2008, 18:17
  5. The Official "Any Ideas?" Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2007, 12:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •