Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 241

Thread: The Official Crawford Sucks Thread

  1. #196
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Like I said, look at the boxscores. Jamal Crawford started @ point guard, in every game that Marbury missed in January.
    I'm not making this up. These are facts. If you can't handle the truth, because you love Jamal Crawford, that's your problem. He started in other games, at point guard, by the way. I just don't feel like checking all the boxscores. That's for you to do, since you think people are making things up.
    i dont love crawford, he could go kick rocks for all i care, we havent won anything wit him on da squad so i could care less if he was to leave

  2. #197
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    i dont love crawford
    stop lying b

  3. #198
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    u guys rely on box scores too much....and the arguing over crawford is redundant. yeah, the papers say he started as point, but it dosent say what position he played during the games. Crawford played both point and shooting guard, im sure i remember correctly. IMO, he played both 50/50, sometimes he played point because he was forced, other times he just looked like the point guard. Once again, the stats lie. Crawford made many nice passes that were fumbled by david lee, eddy curry, and the leauge rules state that it is the passers fault for not knowing the recievers capabilities. Crawford would have averaged 7 assists easily, but eddy curry couldnt hit a damn hook shot to save his life, jefferies couldnt make a lay in, and zach took 3 pointers when he could have stepped in and hit a 20 footer. Can we please refer to games rather than box scores? Crawford isnt good enough to deserve all of this attention. He isnt overrated, he isnt underrated, he just is jamal crawford. No1 worships him, no1 makes excuses for him. TS members like marbury for his talent, and make excuses for his attitude and corruption, personally, that is not enough for me. You all criticize him for not being a leader...he isnt. Not every1 on the floor is a leader. We have to live with that. Crawford is a starter on the knicks because we suck. He is a role player, he can thrive as a role player, maybe even 6th man if it wasnt for manu. Yeah, crawford sucks....the knicks suck. i guess we can open an official "the new york knicks suck" thread next then? right? cuz i can bring the stats, rankings and everything to shut down any1 who disagrees. Ther eis no I in team, so marbury sucks as well because he couldnt take the knicks anywhere on his own, crawford cant either, and as donnie walsh said, no 1 man can rejuvinate the knicks.

    CAP SPACE IN 2010!!!!

  4. #199
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    Crawford made many nice passes that were fumbled by david lee, eddy curry, and the leauge rules state that it is the passers fault for not knowing the recievers capabilities.
    While I agree that Crawfords numbers may have been helped if his teammates converted more, I'm not giving him a pass on his bad defense and overall poor shot selection. Part of being a good player is knowing your strengths, and this guy must think he lacks weaknesses because he plays anything goes ball. I'm not a fan of breaking your man off the dribble, to only take a tough fade away shot as if this is street ball. I'm not a fan of his 3 turnovers a game because he won't adjust his crossover some to not commit traveling violations in key moments every game. I'm not a fan of him being our best ft shooter, but never making it to the line enough to capitolize. And I'm certainly not a fan of his terrible defense.

    Plus, the logic that you use to defend him about his teammates needing to pick up his passes better, Steph has been dealing with his whole career and still managed to post 20 and 8. The overall list of players that Steph played with have not been a very talented group. Crawford has played with more talent with worse results. And on top of that, he does not get better.

    Crawford sucks , not because he really sucks. But he sucks because he has about as much talent as most anyone in the league, but does not try and get better mentally. There are guys with half his talent building better careers because they work to improve each year. Crawford is not getting better. And really, it's sad because he could be a really good player if he went to see the Wiz, and requested a brain.

  5. #200
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    While I agree that Crawfords numbers may have been helped if his teammates converted more, I'm not giving him a pass on his bad defense and overall poor shot selection. Part of being a good player is knowing your strengths, and this guy must think he lacks weaknesses because he plays anything goes ball. I'm not a fan of breaking your man off the dribble, to only take a tough fade away shot as if this is street ball. I'm not a fan of his 3 turnovers a game because he won't adjust his crossover some to not commit traveling violations in key moments every game. I'm not a fan of him being our best ft shooter, but never making it to the line enough to capitolize. And I'm certainly not a fan of his terrible defense.

    Plus, the logic that you use to defend him about his teammates needing to pick up his passes better, Steph has been dealing with his whole career and still managed to post 20 and 8. The overall list of players that Steph played with have not been a very talented group. Crawford has played with more talent with worse results. And on top of that, he does not get better.

    Crawford sucks , not because he really sucks. But he sucks because he has about as much talent as most anyone in the league, but does not try and get better mentally. There are guys with half his talent building better careers because they work to improve each year. Crawford is not getting better. And really, it's sad because he could be a really good player if he went to see the Wiz, and requested a brain.
    I may not be a popular member on this site because of who i support and why, but i am respected for my knowledge of the game....my comments require responses. No team jamal crawford played on was better than a team marbury played on. Marbury played with Kevin Garnet for gods sake, KG has the hands of an nfl wide reciever, he would go insane if he drops a pass, he also played with defensive minded nets team which would have killed our knicks, i remember marbury having chris paul type games, 20 n 14 with 5 steals n ****, he played with shooters like KVH, kerry kittles, and gill, lastly he played on a youthful, energetic phx squad, steph, joe johnson, matrix, amare, barbosa, etc. (this season he averaged 13 and 4) on a butterfinger knicks team. In chi town, crawfords best shooter played his position, and that shooter was a injured jalen rose. I would say ron mercer was a good shooter as well, but not compared to the talent marbury played with all his career. Im not defending crawford, if u read carefully u would see that. I hate how he palms the ball, and his shot selection is sketchy, but it is improving.

  6. #201
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    and how can you say he sucks, but agree that he will be a good role player???
    i know i wouoldnt want a role player on my team that sucks.

  7. #202
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    u guys rely on box scores too much....and the arguing over crawford is redundant. yeah, the papers say he started as point, but it dosent say what position he played during the games. Crawford played both point and shooting guard, im sure i remember correctly. IMO, he played both 50/50, sometimes he played point because he was forced, other times he just looked like the point guard. Once again, the stats lie. Crawford made many nice passes that were fumbled by david lee, eddy curry, and the leauge rules state that it is the passers fault for not knowing the recievers capabilities. Crawford would have averaged 7 assists easily, but eddy curry couldnt hit a damn hook shot to save his life, jefferies couldnt make a lay in, and zach took 3 pointers when he could have stepped in and hit a 20 footer. Can we please refer to games rather than box scores? Crawford isnt good enough to deserve all of this attention. He isnt overrated, he isnt underrated, he just is jamal crawford. No1 worships him, no1 makes excuses for him. TS members like marbury for his talent, and make excuses for his attitude and corruption, personally, that is not enough for me. You all criticize him for not being a leader...he isnt. Not every1 on the floor is a leader. We have to live with that. Crawford is a starter on the knicks because we suck. He is a role player, he can thrive as a role player, maybe even 6th man if it wasnt for manu. Yeah, crawford sucks....the knicks suck. i guess we can open an official "the new york knicks suck" thread next then? right? cuz i can bring the stats, rankings and everything to shut down any1 who disagrees. Ther eis no I in team, so marbury sucks as well because he couldnt take the knicks anywhere on his own, crawford cant either, and as donnie walsh said, no 1 man can rejuvinate the knicks.

    CAP SPACE IN 2010!!!!
    Thank you. I'm glad that somebody has some sense. Datruth was acting like if Crawford never played point guard. I don't care if Crawford plays center next year. I was just saying facts, and he was getting all sensitive. I'm glad you didn't get all delusional. Your post is also fair.

  8. #203
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    stop lying b
    He obviously loves Crawford. Otherwise, he wouldn't be defending him so much. He's the same people that thought Eddy Curry was the next Shaq. lol We all know how that turned out.

  9. #204
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    He obviously loves Crawford. Otherwise, he wouldn't be defending him so much. He's the same people that thought Eddy Curry was the next Shaq. lol We all know how that turned out.
    So true.

  10. #205
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    iight let me make this shyt clear, if u a knick im going defend you unless u totally useless.....last time i checked jamal is on the knicks roster, if u wanna say "i love crawford" for just defending jamal then so be it, jamal crawford would make ur favorite player look like a damn fool, if ya two wanna talk about loving players, i would say ya love stephon marbury and sometimes it seems ya like them then the actual knicks...and yea i still believe curry is a problem down low, leadin the whole NBA in points in da point is not a fluke, call it what you what by sayin "we feed the ball to em every possession" well he did something wit the ball and that was put the ball in da basket, for somebody thats as heavy as curry, he sure has athleticism and i still believe he's a problem on the offensive side

  11. #206
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    iight let me make this shyt clear, if u a knick im going defend you unless u totally useless.....last time i checked jamal is on the knicks roster, if u wanna say "i love crawford" for just defending jamal then so be it, jamal crawford would make ur favorite player look like a damn fool, if ya two wanna talk about loving players, i would say ya love stephon marbury and sometimes it seems ya like them then the actual knicks...and yea i still believe curry is a problem down low, leadin the whole NBA in points in da point is not a fluke, call it what you what by sayin "we feed the ball to em every possession" well he did something wit the ball and that was put the ball in da basket, for somebody thats as heavy as curry, he sure has athleticism and i still believe he's a problem on the offensive side

    If he just used his power to post up, no one would stop him.

  12. #207
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    iight let me make this shyt clear, if u a knick im going defend you unless u totally useless.....last time i checked jamal is on the knicks roster, if u wanna say "i love crawford" for just defending jamal then so be it, jamal crawford would make ur favorite player look like a damn fool, if ya two wanna talk about loving players, i would say ya love stephon marbury and sometimes it seems ya like them then the actual knicks...and yea i still believe curry is a problem down low, leadin the whole NBA in points in da point is not a fluke, call it what you what by sayin "we feed the ball to em every possession" well he did something wit the ball and that was put the ball in da basket, for somebody thats as heavy as curry, he sure has athleticism and i still believe he's a problem on the offensive side
    lol
    Eddy Curry averaged 19 and 7, because he played a career high 35 minutes, and because he was so turnover prone on the floor ; the team was basically forced into giving him the ball. You must also take into account that Lee, Richardson, Crawford, and Jeffries all missed a lot of games, that season, and Curry ended up getting more field goal attempts, as a result.

    What NBA player you know that doesn't have improved statistics, with more minutes and more field goal attempts?

    The bottom line is Curry is a liability, because he doesn't score those points in a natural way.

    He has to commit lots of turnovers, you have to give him the ball every time down low, and he doesn't make his teammates better, due to his inability to pass the ball out of double teams. He also plays no defense, which makes his points far less valuable than they look on paper. Someone that averages 19 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal and 3 assists is going to have more impact with their points than someone like Curry, who averages .5 blocks, .5 assists, and .3 steals.

    You can't say Marbury's a liability, on the court, because he knows how to score, and because he knows how to pass the ball. He also knows how to fight over screens, and he has lots of games where his defense looks sharp. You can say he has attitude problems and that he's a cancer, but he doesn't make his teammates worse, when he's on the court. That's Curry's specialty.

    Curry actually lowered Marbury's, Crawford's, Lee's, and Randolph's assists numbers, due to all of his turnovers that he would commit, and all of his missed field goals, after they would give him crisp passes.

    You can't say Curry passes the ball, because he doesn't. You can't say Curry fights over screens, because the pick and roll is a play that Curry has never been able to defend. You can't say that Curry has lots of games where his defense looks sharp, because most of the time, Curry doesn't even get a steal, or a block.

    Curry's 19 and 7 was a fluke. That's why he didn't do it last year, and that's why he will never do it again.

    Crawford's 20 and 5 was also a fluke. He would have never averaged those points, if Marbury, Quentin Richardson, and Eddy Curry played the entire season.
    Last edited by abcd; Aug 26, 2008 at 19:46.

  13. #208
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    lol
    Eddy Curry averaged 19 and 7, because he played a career high 35 minutes, and because he was so turnover prone on the floor ; the team was basically forced into giving him the ball. You must also take into account that Lee, Richardson, Crawford, and Jeffries all missed a lot of games, that season, and Curry ended up getting more field goal attempts, as a result.

    What NBA player you know that doesn't have improved statistics, with more minutes and more field goal attempts?

    The bottom line is Curry is a liability, because he doesn't score those points in a natural way.

    He has to commit lots of turnovers, you have to give him the ball every time down low, and he doesn't make his teammates better, due to his inability to pass the ball out of double teams. He also plays no defense, which makes his points far less valuable than they look on paper. Someone that averages 19 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal and 3 assists is going to have more impact with their points than someone like Curry, who averages .5 blocks, .5 assists, and .3 steals.

    You can't say Marbury's a liability, on the court, because he knows how to score, and because he knows how to pass the ball. He also knows how to fight over screens, and he has lots of games where his defense looks sharp. You can say he has attitude problems and that he's a cancer, but he doesn't make his teammates worse, when he's on the court. That's Curry's specialty.

    Curry actually lowered Marbury's, Crawford's, Lee's, and Randolph's assists numbers, due to all of his turnovers that he would commit, and all of his missed field goals, after they would give him crisp passes.

    You can't say Curry passes the ball, because he doesn't. You can't say Curry fights over screens, because the pick and roll is a play that Curry has never been able to defend. You can't say that Curry has lots of games where his defense looks sharp, because most of the time, Curry doesn't even get a steal, or a block.

    Curry's 19 and 7 was a fluke. That's why he didn't do it last year, and that's why he will never do it again.

    Crawford's 20 and 5 was also a fluke. He would have never averaged those points, if Marbury, Quentin Richardson, and Eddy Curry played the entire season.
    i know curry sucks on defense but offensively, he's good at what he does, and for what he did 2 years ago wit real no outside threat makes it more respectable, curry use to face triple teams that year and his inability to pass is what hurt em but i excuse em cuz it was the first time in his career he was focal point of the offense and the player the opposing team feared, hate all u want but curry did fine dat year, he just didnt improve last year and if u say randolph has nothing to do with his progress then u simply a hater, and to say curry lowered crawford's assist number is ridiculous, that year crawford had this chemistry with that alley oop play, last season that play was non-existent and who the F*ck is talkin about marbury, dats what im talkin about, why every conversation marbury is brought up???

  14. #209
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    iight let me make this shyt clear, if u a knick im going defend you unless u totally useless.....last time i checked jamal is on the knicks roster, if u wanna say "i love crawford" for just defending jamal then so be it, jamal crawford would make ur favorite player look like a damn fool, if ya two wanna talk about loving players, i would say ya love stephon marbury and sometimes it seems ya like them then the actual knicks...and yea i still believe curry is a problem down low, leadin the whole NBA in points in da point is not a fluke, call it what you what by sayin "we feed the ball to em every possession" well he did something wit the ball and that was put the ball in da basket, for somebody thats as heavy as curry, he sure has athleticism and i still believe he's a problem on the offensive side
    You brought up Marbury first.

    I know Curry's 19 and 7 season was a fluke. I'm not being a hater. I'm being a realist.

    Does Zach Randolph shoot Curry's free throws?
    Does Zach Randolph pass the ball for Curry?
    Does Zach Randolph defend the paint for Curry?
    Does Zach Randolph miss field goals for Curry?
    No, so Curry has nobody to blame but himself, for why he played so bad last season.

    Curry averaged 32 minutes per game, for the first two months of the season. He played so bad, he got benched.

  15. #210
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i did bring up marbury but i didnt say anything about his game, i expect curry to do well dis year wit the new rule of the defender being penalized for flopping

Similar Threads

  1. Official Walt Clyde Frazier Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: Mar 09, 2012, 14:01
  2. The Official EURO 2008 thread
    By rady in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 22:08
  3. Replies: 177
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:58
  4. where's marbury?
    By reckoning in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2008, 18:17
  5. The Official "Any Ideas?" Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2007, 12:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •