Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 241

Thread: The Official Crawford Sucks Thread

  1. #91
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I know i said i wasnt goin 2 respond to pancakes anymore but since i brought this thread up which took some of metros time to routinely son pancakes, i got sumthin to say.

    Allan houston is one of the top 3 best shooters in knicks history. I havent been watchin them since the beginnin of their existance but I have never seen a knicks player since 94 when i started watchin shoot with the smoothness of houston. He mite be the best shooter but im not the person to ask. Theres no way hes not top 3 at least.

    Pancakes:

    Allan was awful defensively
    Dude Houston was always a liability on D
    Houston was able to contribute on the d by understanding Coach Van Gundy's defensive schemes and played decent team defense
    Sumthin aint rite with these 3 quotes from pancakes. Who can tell me whats wrong? Lets move onto the next subject.

    Jamal's game is like pre-cum it just never finishes
    uuhhh....whoops, wrong quote

    Allan Houston a leader? hahaha He was never a leader everyone who watched those teams knew that in his early Knick career it was Oakley and Ewing who led the team and in his latter years Sprewell, Camby and of course L.J. who was probably the Knicks best leader during Houston's time with the the team
    Spree and Houston were the 2 leaders, they took the big shots and made the big plays down the stretch.

    Camby was a leader on the defensive end

    L.J. made an impact on the team but to put him ahead of houston is givin him too much credit, get off LJ's ****.

    These knicks teams from the late 90's/early 2000's did have more then 1 leader, another being Charlie Ward but the 2 main leaders were sprewell and houston.


    Pancakes it dont matter what you say, the only thing you gettin from me is a youtube video. I dont have the time to reply to your elementary posts. You call people out for the dumbest things and routinely get shot down by the mac 10/take a knee because of the deadly body shot.

  2. #92

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You have no credibility to begin with.

    Houston took the leadership role in 2003 till his retirement. You have a poor assessment of the Knicks the last decade that indicates you don't watch enough games which makes you unworthy to have a discussion with me.

    Houston is a better shooter than all those guys on the list. Mid range game, 3pt range shooting and accuracy, spot up shooting, catch and shoot, shooting off the dribble or stepping back for the wet J, Houston was at the elite level and was one of the greatest all around shooters in NBA history.

    Houston could create his own shot, if you think other wise, you haven't watched any Knicks games. Breaking a guy's ankles isn't the only technique to create your own shot. Go learn the basic techniques of basketball and how to create space for a shot; then you could be credible enough to chat with me.


    Pancakes said:

    "Jamal's game is like pre-cum it just never finishes."

    WOW....I guess Pancakes wanted to jump out the closet early in the year.

    Houston was a career 40% 3pt and 86% FT, along with one of the most consistent mid range shots in the NBA, Houston always been one of the better shooters in the NBA. You statements never have any explanation, its really easy to pull disagreements out of your ass. I'm looking for people to disagree with facts and logical. You don't fit the description.
    I never said he was a bad shooter, I said he was very good but not among the elite. If he was he would be joining Bradley, Miller, Allen, Frazier, Monroe etc in the Hall of Fame.

    Leadership role in 2003? The team was already a train wreck then. By leadership you must also mean how he refused to operate on his knee in the offseason only to reinjure it worse then it was before effectively ending his career. Houston was a classy, good guy but a quite guy. Nobody would ever call him a leader it just wasn't his personality.

    Man you can not be for real you have to be some kind of put on cause the stuff you say is just so wrong.

    Please explain how Houston would create his own shot? The majority of Houston's points came off of screens, screen roll, ball movement, Sprewell passing him the ball off of penetration, passing that came out of the post and of course his patented coming off the curl play which he was probably the best in the NBA at running.

    Houston's not alone in not being able to get off his own shot, neither can Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, Peja etc. Guys in the NBA who can create their own shot are rare and the only good thing about a guy like Jamal Crawford. However the problem with him is like I said before, he misses.

    Shooting off the dribble? He would turn the ball over almost every time he attempted to put the ball on the floor. He had no handle at all, do you not remember when Van Gundy tried running him at the point and what a disaster that was?

    If you think Houston was a better shooter then Miller, Rice, Allen, Bradley Frazier, King etc I really can't help you. Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

    I give you plenty of explanation, drop plenty of knowledge but you refuse to acknowledge any of it because you can't admit to not knowing everything. If you actually bother to try and learn something instead of always arguing and denying reality nobody would think any less of you.

    I don't how making a joke about pre-cum makes me gay but I guess considering your needle dick is impotent you wouldn't know what that is.

  3. #93

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I know i said i wasnt goin 2 respond to pancakes anymore but since i brought this thread up which took some of metros time to routinely son pancakes, i got sumthin to say.

    Allan houston is one of the top 3 best shooters in knicks history. I havent been watchin them since the beginnin of their existance but I have never seen a knicks player since 94 when i started watchin shoot with the smoothness of houston. He mite be the best shooter but im not the person to ask. Theres no way hes not top 3 at least.

    Pancakes:







    Sumthin aint rite with these 3 quotes from pancakes. Who can tell me whats wrong? Lets move onto the next subject.



    uuhhh....whoops, wrong quote



    Spree and Houston were the 2 leaders, they took the big shots and made the big plays down the stretch.

    Camby was a leader on the defensive end

    L.J. made an impact on the team but to put him ahead of houston is givin him too much credit, get off LJ's ****.

    These knicks teams from the late 90's/early 2000's did have more then 1 leader, another being Charlie Ward but the 2 main leaders were sprewell and houston.


    Pancakes it dont matter what you say, the only thing you gettin from me is a youtube video. I dont have the time to reply to your elementary posts. You call people out for the dumbest things and routinely get shot down by the mac 10/take a knee because of the deadly body shot.
    He isn't one of the 3 best shooters in Knick history however since 1994 I would agree he has been the best. However if I had to give the ball to one guy to take a big shot for the Knicks I'd give it to Spre before Houston. I may even take Derek Harper over Houston but ya'll are prolly too young to remember how clutch he was for the Knicks.

    In Knick history Dollar Bill, Bernard King, Clyde, Pearl and Dick Barnett all were better then Houston.

    Houston wasn't one of the team leaders and neither was Charlie Ward. The two of them were the team's good boy Christian corner. You guys probably don't remember but there was a very famous, controversial New York Times Magazine article back in the day detailing Houston and Ward's 'leadership'. You should look it up if you can, you'll learn a thing or to about what great 'leaders' they were.

    Don't hate on L.J. year after year Van Gundy and the team would vote him MVP. That guy did it all on both ends of the floor, was a leader and consumate team player. He was the kind of player where the numbers didn't even tell half the story of what he gave to the team. I'm not just putting him ahead of Houston as a leader, I'm putting him ahead of the rest of the players to. L.J. was the locker room leader of the late 90s Knicks everybody who followed the team back then knows this. No coincidence that soon after L.J.'s body fell apart so did the Knicks.

  4. #94
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm huge Allan Houston Fan but Houston was a below average defensive player. Early in his tenure in NY he wouldn't see any 4th quarter minutes because he didn't play defense. Crawfords defense is much worse but lets not make Houston out to be a great defender.


    I agree with Metro that Allan had proably the best jump shot in team history.

    But I agree with ECHS that LJ was the team leader of successful Knicks teams not Allan and that Allan often struggled to create one on one.

  5. #95

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    I'm huge Allan Houston Fan but Houston was a below average defensive player. Early in his tenure in NY he wouldn't see any 4th quarter minutes because he didn't play defense. Crawfords defense is much worse but lets not make Houston out to be a great defender.


    I agree with Metro that Allan had proably the best jump shot in team history.

    But I agree with ECHS that LJ was the team leader of successful Knicks teams not Allan and that Allan often struggled to create one on one.
    You agreed with them about one thing and disagreed with them on 3 others. What will Metro and MSG do? Will they....

    A) call you out for being a ****ing idiot who knows nothing
    B) call you an ass eating lover of grandmama
    C) tell you to get the **** outta here
    D) make a puta take a knee
    E) short circuit because they do not know how to handle someone disagreeing and agreeing with someone at the same time

  6. #96
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    You agreed with them about one thing and disagreed with them on 3 others. What will Metro and MSG do? Will they....

    A) call you out for being a ****ing idiot who knows nothing
    B) call you an ass eating lover of grandmama
    C) tell you to get the **** outta here
    D) make a puta take a knee
    E) short circuit because they do not know how to handle someone disagreeing and agreeing with someone at the same time

    haha Hilarious

  7. #97
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    C) tell you to get the **** outta here
    You forgot one thing

    F) post a youtube video


  8. #98

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    You forgot one thing

    F) post a youtube video

    Because I know nobody watches them, just sayin'.

  9. #99
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I never said you said he was a bad shooter.
    Houston isn't an elite player. But he is an elite shooter.

    Houston got respect amongst his teammates and showed leadership on the court. How are you going to bitch about a man who'll go through pain to play basketball for his team? Houston sacrifice his health for the better of the team. You show no appreciation for this and show no understanding what a "leader" is. The difference between Houston and Crawford as leaders is that Houston brought that winning attitude to the Knicks. The 2002-05 Knick teams weren't as good as the previous years, but they played with a lot of heart and toughness, despite being old and under size. Houston and Sprewell were the leaders after Ewing was traded, and once Sprewell departed, Houston took full leadership responsibility. So not only you're wrong on Houston not being an elite shooter, you're also wrong on your definition of a leadership and Houston's status with the Knicks. Research would help this weak arguement you're holding. Don't get frustrated, if you want to look better take the time to do research.



    Houston created his own shot a couple of times, he scored 53 points on a couple of good defenders(Fox, Byrant, George).

    You sound like you don't know alot about playing basketball, you use a lot of elementary terms that make me laugh when you consider a former NBA all star doesn't know how to create his own shot.

    Houston was on an elite level on terms of footwork. His foot faking was a work of art and amongst the best in the NBA, very similar to the likes of Jordan.
    Houston had an awesome jab step that got him free whenever he pleased and if he was on fire it was natural for him to go for 30+.
    Houston use to toy his defenders with multiple shot fakes and jab steps that made his already picture perfect jumpshot more efficient.

    LOL @ Ray Allen being unable to create his own shot. Just shut up already, you're making an ass out of yourself.

    Obviously this shows you lack knowledge of basketball techniques in creating space. Crossing over isn't the only way to create your own jumpshot.

    Van Gundy tried running Sprewell at the point, not Houston. Houston only average 2 turnovers a game, thats average for a 20 ppg scorer.

    You're not helping me because you're not explaining anything. Benard King played in the paint, he wasn't a shooter, his style was comparable to Carmelo Anthony of today. SF with a lot of post skills. He shot 71% from the FT and 10% from 3pt range.
    Did I say Allan was the best in NBA history?
    I said he was one of the best and definitely was on Rice, and Allen's level. Miller is the best shooter of all time because of his history, famous shooting form, and how he dominated with his shooting.
    Bradley and Frazier are from the old days, and Frazier was more of a penetrator than shooter. Houston was obviously the better pure shooter.

    You got yourself hanging on a rope here now, you're not providing enough information or even a solid arguement to back up these clown ass statements that Houston isn't an elite shooter, Houston was never a leader, he can't create his shot, the only way to create a shot is with a fancy cross over, and that even Benard King is a better shooter than Houston. You have a history of saying the most ludicrous things here just to get attention on here. Now you own the title of most losingest poster in KO history.

    Why have you gone from embarrassing yourself in talking about basketball to now discussing that my dick is "impotent"? You've really lost yourself here.

  10. #100
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    haha Hilarious
    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Because I know nobody watches them, just sayin'.

  11. #101

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I never said you said he was a bad shooter.
    Houston isn't an elite player. But he is an elite shooter.

    Houston got respect amongst his teammates and showed leadership on the court. How are you going to bitch about a man who'll go through pain to play basketball for his team? Houston sacrifice his health for the better of the team. You show no appreciation for this and show no understanding what a "leader" is. The difference between Houston and Crawford as leaders is that Houston brought that winning attitude to the Knicks. The 2002-05 Knick teams weren't as good as the previous years, but they played with a lot of heart and toughness, despite being old and under size. Houston and Sprewell were the leaders after Ewing was traded, and once Sprewell departed, Houston took full leadership responsibility. So not only you're wrong on Houston not being an elite shooter, you're also wrong on your definition of a leadership and Houston's status with the Knicks. Research would help this weak arguement you're holding. Don't get frustrated, if you want to look better take the time to do research.

    Houston created his own shot a couple of times, he scored 53 points on a couple of good defenders(Fox, Byrant, George).

    You sound like you don't know alot about playing basketball, you use a lot of elementary terms that make me laugh when you consider a former NBA all star doesn't know how to create his own shot.

    Houston was on an elite level on terms of footwork. His foot faking was a work of art and amongst the best in the NBA, very similar to the likes of Jordan.
    Houston had an awesome jab step that got him free whenever he pleased and if he was on fire it was natural for him to go for 30+.
    Houston use to toy his defenders with multiple shot fakes and jab steps that made his already picture perfect jumpshot more efficient.

    LOL @ Ray Allen being unable to create his own shot. Just shut up already, you're making an ass out of yourself.

    Obviously this shows you lack knowledge of basketball techniques in creating space. Crossing over isn't the only way to create your own jumpshot.

    Van Gundy tried running Sprewell at the point, not Houston. Houston only average 2 turnovers a game, thats average for a 20 ppg scorer.

    You're not helping me because you're not explaining anything. Benard King played in the paint, he wasn't a shooter, his style was comparable to Carmelo Anthony of today. SF with a lot of post skills. He shot 71% from the FT and 10% from 3pt range.
    Did I say Allan was the best in NBA history?
    I said he was one of the best and definitely was on Rice, and Allen's level. Miller is the best shooter of all time because of his history, famous shooting form, and how he dominated with his shooting.
    Bradley and Frazier are from the old days, and Frazier was more of a penetrator than shooter. Houston was obviously the better pure shooter.

    You got yourself hanging on a rope here now, you're not providing enough information or even a solid arguement to back up these clown ass statements that Houston isn't an elite shooter, Houston was never a leader, he can't create his shot, the only way to create a shot is with a fancy cross over, and that even Benard King is a better shooter than Houston. You have a history of saying the most ludicrous things here just to get attention on here. Now you own the title of most losingest poster in KO history.

    Why have you gone from embarrassing yourself in talking about basketball to now discussing that my dick is "impotent"? You've really lost yourself here.
    lol@ you saying I have no clue about basketball. Son I wasn't coaching in college at the age of 19, I was actually playing in college so go put your clipboard down and get me some water scrub.

    The only way for someone to create their own shot is off the dribble. His jab step was sweet and his footwork brilliant, definitely a coach's son, but you're not beating anyone solely with that unless it's off a screen, curl, ball movement etc. You need to handle the ball in order to create your own shot Allan had no handle. Allan's biggest knock was that he was one dimensional.

    You're wrong Van Gundy did experiment by having Houston run the point but it obviously didn't work because he couldn't handle the ball. Houston only averaged two turnovers because unlike Jamal Crawford he was either smart enough to not put the ball on the floor or Van Gundy would yell in his ear not to.

    Houston, nor Sprewell, not even Ewing was the leader of the mid-late 90s teams it was L.J. If you can't comprehend a simple fact like that what can I do?

    Again Houston was one of the best shooters but I wouldn't call him elite as I am a very hard marker. Elite is only for three or four people and in my opinion guys like Miller, Rice, Allen, Curry were better shooters then Houston. Allan would be at the top of the list of the next group.

  12. #102
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Playing left bench? What college was this, the University of Pancakes? The most athletic thing you ever done in your life was flip pancakes for Curry. Feel your man boobs and then really think about you telling people you do athletics.

    Good to see you finally shut up after you could only reply to 25% of my post.

    Allan Houston beat many with his footwork and fakes, on isolation plays and one on one situations facing the basket and even with his back to the basket. Houston was very capable of scoring his points one on one, much more efficiently and accurate compared to Crawford.

    Your wrong again, Van Gundy used Sprewell at PG, Houston played the off guard.

    Houston and Sprewell played heavy leadership roles in the playoff runs we had. L.J. was a role player who brought veteran leadership to the team. Ewing always was the man in the mid 90's. Drop stuffing your face with donuts, you don't even know the basics of the team you "follow".

    You can't define elite, since your posting is the worst here.
    You said Houston was one of the best shooters, but not elite? Why do you always contradict yourself. English wasn't my first language, but damn homie, you really are clueless on knowing what words to use. LOL @ you only being able to name 3 or 4 elite shooters in NBA history after I scratched off the previous garbage list you had before. Now time to do this one.


    Houston's shooting
    44% FG
    40% 3PT
    86% FT
    17 ppg
    33 mins

    PLAYOFFS
    19 ppg
    45% FG
    42% 3PT
    89% FT

    Rice
    45% FG
    40% 3pt
    84% FT
    18 ppg
    35 mins

    PLAYOFFS
    43% FG
    36% 3PT
    17 ppg

    Curry
    45% FG
    40% 3pt
    11 ppg
    21 minutes

    PLAYOFFS
    40% FG
    35% 3pt
    7ppg

    Not only Houston was ELITE like Rice, and Curry, he was the superior playoff and much more clutch playoff performer that Rice and Curry couldn't be on.

    Allen and Miller are the greatest shooters in NBA history, they're on their own level. Houston is at that next level on terms of a pure shooter.

  13. #103
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,688
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Jesus Priest, why wont this argument die like Houston's come back hopes! Why does every one talk about Houston like he was Kobe Bryant or something? Houston was a great shooter and an good shooting guard. That's hard for me to say because I personally think he should have been traded rather then get an extension that was the beginning of hell for the Knicks. It all seems like a distant memory now that Thomas has destroyed the team. Back on topic, I use to watch Spreewell and loved his energy and wondered, wtf is Houston doing? Then by the end of the game Houston would have 26 pts to Sprees 22. That's what Houston was good at, getting easy shots.

    Allan Houston = Predrag Stojakovic

  14. #104
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Jesus Priest, why wont this argument die like Houston's come back hopes! Why does every one talk about Houston like he was Kobe Bryant or something? Houston was a great shooter and an good shooting guard. That's hard for me to say because I personally think he should have been traded rather then get an extension that was the beginning of hell for the Knicks. It all seems like a distant memory now that Thomas has destroyed the team. Back on topic, I use to watch Spreewell and loved his energy and wondered, wtf is Houston doing? Then by the end of the game Houston would have 26 pts to Sprees 22. That's what Houston was good at, getting easy shots.

    Allan Houston = Predrag Stojakovic
    Even a notorious hardcore Allan Houston hater like Don Chris realizes the reality.

  15. #105

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Playing left bench? What college was this, the University of Pancakes? The most athletic thing you ever done in your life was flip pancakes for Curry. Feel your man boobs and then really think about you telling people you do athletics.

    Good to see you finally shut up after you could only reply to 25% of my post.

    Allan Houston beat many with his footwork and fakes, on isolation plays and one on one situations facing the basket and even with his back to the basket. Houston was very capable of scoring his points one on one, much more efficiently and accurate compared to Crawford.

    Your wrong again, Van Gundy used Sprewell at PG, Houston played the off guard.

    Houston and Sprewell played heavy leadership roles in the playoff runs we had. L.J. was a role player who brought veteran leadership to the team. Ewing always was the man in the mid 90's. Drop stuffing your face with donuts, you don't even know the basics of the team you "follow".

    You can't define elite, since your posting is the worst here.
    You said Houston was one of the best shooters, but not elite? Why do you always contradict yourself. English wasn't my first language, but damn homie, you really are clueless on knowing what words to use. LOL @ you only being able to name 3 or 4 elite shooters in NBA history after I scratched off the previous garbage list you had before. Now time to do this one.


    Houston's shooting
    44% FG
    40% 3PT
    86% FT
    17 ppg
    33 mins

    PLAYOFFS
    19 ppg
    45% FG
    42% 3PT
    89% FT

    Rice
    45% FG
    40% 3pt
    84% FT
    18 ppg
    35 mins

    PLAYOFFS
    43% FG
    36% 3PT
    17 ppg

    Curry
    45% FG
    40% 3pt
    11 ppg
    21 minutes

    PLAYOFFS
    40% FG
    35% 3pt
    7ppg

    Not only Houston was ELITE like Rice, and Curry, he was the superior playoff and much more clutch playoff performer that Rice and Curry couldn't be on.

    Allen and Miller are the greatest shooters in NBA history, they're on their own level. Houston is at that next level on terms of a pure shooter.
    D-1 school actually biatch.


    96-01 if yer 19 now that would make around 7-12 in those years and you supposedly remember better then G.R. and I? Van Gundy did have Spre run the point but he also did experiment with Houston running it as did Don Cheaney.


    As I've told you before numbers don't mean anything. Stop reading articles with other peoples opinions and start watching the games so you could form some of your own.

Similar Threads

  1. Official Walt Clyde Frazier Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: Mar 09, 2012, 14:01
  2. The Official EURO 2008 thread
    By rady in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 22:08
  3. Replies: 177
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:58
  4. where's marbury?
    By reckoning in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2008, 18:17
  5. The Official "Any Ideas?" Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2007, 12:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •