Trade Deadline Updates.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Dont worry I think Isiahs got something figured out. The thing that he does is he tells the media he will be quite during the draft, but the next day for example the draft of 2007 pulls off a huge trade and gets Z Bo here. I know Isiah will be pulling for something. There are more examples, but I just dont know them all.

Since Artest doesn't want to be a King that much, the Kings would like to make a move with the Knicks before the trade deadline, because they want to get a young player like Lee, or Balkman for him. Or they will wait and get only 7+ million in expiring money thats equalivilent to Malik Rose's salary. Artest is worth more in my opinion. So a trade of Balkman and Rose for Artest could be the trade.

Scenario 2
How are the Knicks going to be able to sign Artest in the offseason when they dont have the cap? If theres nothing at the trade deadline, I think there will be a sign and trade during the offseason for Artest. So either way the Knicks will probably get him. The Heat WERE interested in Artest but I am not sure on their interest status at this point.
How you say? Artest's agent has told the media that he'll be worth 13 or 14 million dollars if he opts out.Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Z-Bo being paid about 15 Million?????

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Artest is a nutjob. He's a great defender and I know that's what the Knicks need but getting him is a gamble. He'll do just find until he gets heckled by an ungratefulness Knicks fan and goes Columbine on them. One of the requirements before Artest puts on a Knicks uniform should be a mental evaluation. Seriously. Just like Curry, if Artest checks out, by all means, let him play. If not he can go chill with Spreewell.

metrocard

Legend
Artest is a nutjob. He's a great defender and I know that's what the Knicks need but getting him is a gamble. He'll do just find until he gets heckled by an ungratefulness Knicks fan and goes Columbine on them. One of the requirements before Artest puts on a Knicks uniform should be a mental evaluation. Seriously. Just like Curry, if Artest checks out, by all means, let him play. If not he can go chill with Spreewell.

No he isn't. He's the most misunderstood player in the NBA. The Detroit Brawl wasn't his fault. Artest is a respectful family man who's done a lot for his community in Queens and in places in Indiana and Sacramento. He's America's nightmare; a successful talented minority from NYC with high self esteem and goals for himself.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
No he isn't. He's the most misunderstood player in the NBA. The Detroit Brawl wasn't his fault. Artest is a respectful family man who's done a lot for his community in Queens and in places in Indiana and Sacramento. He's America's nightmare; a successful talented minority from NYC with high self esteem and goals for himself.

100% true, and the brawl was 3 or 4 years ago. Some people got nothin better to do then hate. Donchris - he doesnt need no mental evaluation, you do for thinkin twice about a trade for Artest. ITs simple mathematics, knicks need help on defense and offense......Artest does both.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Again, Artest is a great defender and I'm not hating on him but just listen to him talk and read some of his interviews. He does not display rational thinking. Saying we need a defender, get Artest isn't thinking twice. I'm saying what's the harm in getting him evaluated? What do you think would happen if he was heckled for poor play. Knicks fans are ruthless. If Artest couldn't handle it in Indy and openly talks about the Kings being better with out him what makes you think he will make it in NY? You guys don't even question it? How can you be 100% sure Ronny wont flip out?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Again, Artest is a great defender and I'm not hating on him but just listen to him talk and read some of his interviews. He does not display rational thinking. Saying we need a defender, get Artest isn't thinking twice. I'm saying what's the harm in getting him evaluated? What do you think would happen if he was heckled for poor play. Knicks fans are ruthless. If Artest couldn't handle it in Indy and openly talks about the Kings being better with out him what makes you think he will make it in NY? You guys don't even question it? How can you be 100% sure Ronny wont flip out?
Im not worried about him attackin fans again but your right, his recent comments about the Kings bein better without him were unusual but I think hes sayin that because Salmons is younger and still improving and he doesnt expect to be there much longer anyways. Im still concerned about him comments, I know what he brings on the court and thats why Artest should.....needs to become a knick.

dre48ny

Rotation player
About the Curry to the Mavs proposal

If the deal for Kidd to the Mavs goes down, Stackhouse would be an expiring contract. Shouldn't the Knicks try to get in the trade and offer eddy curry to the nets for stackhouse? The nets starting line up could look like this:

PG: Harris
SG: Carter
SF: Jefferson
PF: Swift
C: Curry

Not bad, and this way the knicks get an expiring contract.