View Poll Results: Which Knick has been playing the best recently?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Lee

5 29.41%
  • Nate Robinson

9 52.94%
  • Jamal Crawford

1 5.88%
  • Zach Randolph

0 0%
  • Renaldo Balkman

2 11.76%
  • Jared Jeffries

0 0%
  • Eddy Curry

0 0%
  • Mardy Collins

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs Portland Trail Blazers Game Thread 2/1

Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Dont want to get into the whole thing but you guys leave out the most important stat, wins. For whatever reason, Marbury throughout his career, has not been a winning player.

It's always been amazing to me how many of Stephon's own teammates hate him. From KG to Shawn Marion to Kurt Thomas the list could go on and on. I can't think of another star player (maybe kobe a little) in any sport who has had as many teammates come out and say how they don't like the guy. I wonder what he does that pisses everybody off so much? He doesn't seem like a bad guy at all. Someday when his career is over we'll find out. I mean think about it Iverson is in many ways a better version of Marbury and his teammates in Philly loved A.I.
    All of this stuff has been addressed but I guess it depends on what perspective someone wants to take. Im lookin at things a step farther when it comes to Marbury not winning....instead of listing these reasons for the 100th time Im just gonna say he got bad luck.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

MSG spits the facts, mostly everything he says isn't opinionated, if it is; its backed up with the facts.

Capital Punishment is in my opinion the greatest album of all time.

I've seen it all up close, **** without the movies you'd be buggin
    My cousin Juju, barely a juve' lost it and turned on the oven
    He wasn't playin, blew out the flame and started inhalin
    Baring a secret too deep to keep on the streets for sharin

Get off your high horse, or die off like an extinction
    Borikens are like Mohicans, The Last of the Poor Ricans

wooooow

Terror Squad was the most talented/underrated rap group of all time.

got the sweetest heist, million in cash, another 3 in ice
    Who can I trust?Cuban'll bust plus ?good thief the night?
    Here's the plan (plan), we nab the man, bring a camcorder
    Grab his fam, and run the train on his granddaughter
    Nah chill, that's too ill, for real I'd rather kill somethin
    Here's the deal, we shatter his grill, and drill **** him
    Oral torture, no doubt, the **** is holocaust
    In two minutes tops he's guaranteed to cap and give up all the morsels
    It's settled, blitt up, put on your metal, foot on the pedal
    We got a half hour before the plan sours like Amaretto
    Far from the ghetto, a rebel of chance, the devil in pants
    Out for the fast cash, level advance
    Takin a chance, I've only got one my hundred shot
    tommy shotguns my judge jury and Johnny Cochran

Most gangsta song ever.

Pancakes is an idiot; Marbury took 3 of his NBA teams to the playoffs. Not everyone can win a championship or even first round, look at T-Mac, it doesn't mean they suck, they're still good, just not the best. Marbury definitely isn't a loser like Crawford or Curry who have no history in the playoffs.

Glad to see Joe Johnson get in there he deserves it. And a little off topic but can anybody tell me why new orleans is considered a west team?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Capital Punishment is in my opinion the greatest album of all time.
    Greatest album of what? Music???

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Good game thread, I feel like I am repeating myself.

I voted for David Lee on the poll by the way. He is like the only player that has hustle, and actually cares about winning.

The Knicks are going out of Portland with a win. I predict a 93-90 win for the Knicks. Z Bo will have a good game. I like your Key match up section good look.

I got a throwback for you. Its referred to gangen in Poland.
    <object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e88I1zGSSOA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>
    Gangstarr <3 lolz....that song reminds me of the big picture intro...kool kool song...and y is Zach ALWAYS our key matchup? oo wellz
    well anyways if yall get the chance check out the group Cyne

the pics dont make sense but eh w.e

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

That song is hot too.. Good taste from thekidd13.

I think this. is.. CRAZY
    Dilated Peoples Love and War.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eItp2v2ZM-Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eItp2v2ZM-Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    worst come to worst
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nR0VwHGnPv4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nR0VwHGnPv4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

lol dont have too many options thekidd

Crawford vs Blake......nah
    jones vs b roy......jones dont put up stats
    whos gonna fill in for q-rich?
    Z-Bo vs aldridge....best matchup available
    Will curry play?

see what im sayin, its always either z-Bo or crawford.

Capital Punishment is one of my favorites......illmatic use to be and mite still be my favorite, maybe its dark and hell is hot or the infamous. We gotta have a best cd thread in the hangout section.

lyrically pun mite of been the greatest, it can easily be argues. From one line to the next he could rhyme more words than anyone else....I heard he has songs where 8 words would rhyme from one line to the next. I forgot what song it was, maybe you came up with noreaga.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    lol dont have too many options thekidd

Crawford vs Blake......nah
    jones vs b roy......jones dont put up stats
    whos gonna fill in for q-rich?
    Z-Bo vs aldridge....best matchup available
    Will curry play?

see what im sayin, its always either z-Bo or crawford.

Capital Punishment is one of my favorites......illmatic use to be and mite still be my favorite, maybe its dark and hell is hot or the infamous. We gotta have a best cd thread in the hangout section.

lyrically pun mite of been the greatest, it can easily be argues. From one line to the next he could rhyme more words than anyone else....I heard he has songs where 8 words would rhyme from one line to the next. I forgot what song it was, maybe you came up with noreaga.
    idk man...theres alot of good lyrical rappers...like my 3 favorite
    Immortal Technique
    Common SENSE!
    Masta ace

Originally Posted by thekidd13
    idk man...theres alot of good lyrical rappers...like my 3 favorite
    Immortal Technique
    Common SENSE!
    Masta ace
    Of these 3 I listen to Common Sense the most, I even got his first album. Immortal Technique is nice and I need to listen to more Masta Ace. Whats your favorite Common CD, Im still goin with Resurrection.

Veteran

Game Thread

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    thanx man but how can you think my opinions are insane? There all backed up by stats. If starbury arguements have lasted as long as they have their must be some validity to both perspectives. I dont have problems with people disagreein (im sure it doesnt seem this way) but I think people should at least see that my point of view is a reasonable way to think.

I would say team Starbury won the battle. We laid down more facts and it wasnt all stats, their was alot of detailed analysis mixed in. If you go through all the Marbury battle threads theres alot of knowledge dropped:

MSG33
    Metro
    ABCD
    Pricey
    goknicksDLee42
    and others

I know alot of **** was repeated by all of us but I think team starbury dropped more stats and facts. Team-Starbury-haters had a couple of good points but the only one I really value is Marbury not being a vocal leader off the court in the locker room. I feel like hes a leader on the court. He didnt get alot of consecutive playin time this year because of circumstances mentioned over and over again but he had some good games, how about that Chicago game where he dished to Lee for the dunk and then hit a 3 to seal the deal? I shouldnt be startin up with this again, the Starbury battles are played out for now. If a Starbury battle comes dont expect to see me stay out of it but I would like to avoid one. Im not doin a good job.

Another great Game Thread (I LUV the Read).

The answer to the Marbury/Starbury thang is that Marbury can be affective at certain time and certain teams however, Marbury is a terrible teammate like Zach Randolph, both are uncoachble products that do not want to accept 12 to 16 minutes of playingtime in alot of games where they are the teams big weak area.

The matchup of Knicks vs Blazers is the same clarity of "Individual-Players vs Team-Players".
    The Blazers did what the Knicks was supposed to do 3 seasons ago, break the team down to "TWO-UNITS" to get chemistry within the lineups.
    The Blazers have "Two-Units" of 4 players that co-exist with "Brandon Roy", inwhich both units differ athletic performance has made Brandon Roy the Super-Star that was born in him. Coach MiMillian is having a hard time trying to break the rotation down to just 8-players.

As for the Knicks they are clueless of co-existing players in their lineups for favor of Isiah Thomas so-call Star player getting a certain amount of playingtime (14-31). It's hard to win when you have one player on the court that never plays Defense (Zach Randolph), but when you have Two Players (Zach & Curry) it really become difficult. But the Knicks have 3 and a Half Players that fails on their defensive assignments consistently game after game (Zach, Curry, Q.Rich, and Crawford "terrible on Defense").

Portland is in desperate need for a WIN, and probably showed up to yesterday at practice planning hard for this Knick WIN Blind-Folded.
    Losing to Cleveland by one point when they had the lead the entire game has made them realize that their Super-Star Brandon Roy is good but not compared to the Great Lebron James whom can get the best out of his teammates when he digs into them.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    [B][SIZE=3]It's hard to win when you have one player on the court that never plays Defense (Zach Randolph), but when you have Two Players (Zach & Curry) it really become difficult. But the Knicks have 3 and a Half Players that fails on their defensive assignments consistently game after game (Zach, Curry, Q.Rich, and Crawford "terrible on Defense").
    true.true... and then when u go with some "D" inserting jefferies/balkman, u have at least 2/5 of your lineup who have zero "O".. and if mardy is at the point, then its 3/5th of your lineup...

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephon Marbury is not apart of this franchise ANYMORE!!!!!!!!

It's in the past. Can we stop having these debates about him???????? It's getting old, and its a big reason I stopped posting as much as I used to.

I can't take it anymore.

Please stop. Can we? I'll swear to god I think I would be willing to pay people to stop bringing out the same argument that has been going on for about 3 years. I mean it. Whats everyone's paypal account? I'll put some money up on this.

I haven't said anything negative about him in months, can we all just come to terms that people hate him and people love him- and leave it at that? PERIOD!

I promised not to talk about him months ago, and I havent. It's not that hard. Just live in the "Now" and forget about trying to get people to agree with ur thougths on him.

umm, Blazers 96- Knicks 91

Originally Posted by Starks
    JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephon Marbury is not apart of this franchise ANYMORE!!!!!!!!

It's in the past. Can we stop having these debates about him???????? It's getting old, and its a big reason I stopped posting as much as I used to.

I can't take it anymore.

Please stop. Can we? I'll swear to god I think I would be willing to pay people to stop bringing out the same argument that has been going on for about 3 years. I mean it. Whats everyone's paypal account? I'll put some money up on this.

I haven't said anything negative about him in months, can we all just come to terms that people hate him and people love him- and leave it at that? PERIOD!

I promised not to talk about him months ago, and I havent. It's not that hard. Just live in the "Now" and forget about trying to get people to agree with ur thougths on him.

umm, Blazers 96- Knicks 91
    Thank you!

Can we also stop making this a rap/hip-hop forum please! This is supposed to be about the Knicks and/or basketball. Send personal messages to each other about your favorite music. I don't subject anybody to the music I like, so please don't do it to us.

Other than that, MSG you do an awesome job with the game threads. I don't think I've expressed my appreciation (no homo) yet, but keep up the great work (except the hip-hop crap).

Originally Posted by paris401
    true.true... and then when u go with some "D" inserting jefferies/balkman, u have at least 2/5 of your lineup who have zero "O".. and if mardy is at the point, then its 3/5th of your lineup...
    I use to be a fan of Collins but dude has really fallen off. This is his second year in the league and he still has that nervous rookie look on his face everytime he's on the court. He usually stops his dribble at the top of the 3 point line and passes instead of penetrating. He's awfully slow for a pg and hurts the team by not taking open shots when it's given to him, which is very often.

Overall, Collins is a poor man's Charlie Ward.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Another great Game Thread (I LUV the Read).

The answer to the Marbury/Starbury thang is that Marbury can be affective at certain time and certain teams however, Marbury is a terrible teammate like Zach Randolph, both are uncoachble products that do not want to accept 12 to 16 minutes of playingtime in alot of games where they are the teams big weak area.
    I thank you for your support of my game threads. Although I would like to address what you said about St***ury Im gonna let this one go.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Thank you!

Can we also stop making this a rap/hip-hop forum please! This is supposed to be about the Knicks and/or basketball. Send personal messages to each other about your favorite music. I don't subject anybody to the music I like, so please don't do it to us.

Other than that, MSG you do an awesome job with the game threads. I don't think I've expressed my appreciation (no homo) yet, but keep up the great work (except the hip-hop crap).
    I thank you for liking my game threads. lol this did turn into a hiphop thread but Im gonna bring it back to Knicks by saying sumthin controversial:

Marbury is the best Knick even with his injury

I gotta leave him out of it. How about....

Eddy Curry is fat

Everyone already knows this

The Knicks will lose by 8 points tonight.