New York Knicks vs Portland Trail Blazers Game Thread 2/1

Which Knick has been playing the best recently?

• David Lee

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Nate Robinson

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Jamal Crawford

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Zach Randolph

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Renaldo Balkman

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Jared Jeffries

• Eddy Curry

• Mardy Collins

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't think that anyone on this site is a "Crawfordsexual", from what I read in the post on this site is that people hate his streaky style of play, and his decision making, but has admired his leadership. And on a team with no leadership what so ever, he is our best on the court leader (sadly enough). I personally have no attachment to him at all, he can be traded tommorow for some picks and it wouldnt bother me much at all. And yes his play lost this game for us (as well as many others), but he has won and kept us in games too.
I see what you're saying, but that doesn't change the fact that Crawford is playing too many minutes, and that Nate Robinson and Zach Randolph are two guys that also deserve opportunities to make big shots.Nate and Zach had better games than Crawford, last night, and they should've had the ball.This is not the first time something like this has happened.Jamal has always averaged over twice as many 3's as free throws in his career.When you're crazy enough to shoot like a nut all the time, then you don't deserve to be a leader.At this point, the Knicks should make David Lee or Zach Randolph the leader.At least they won't go 6-27.I don't even remember the last time I saw anyone else that's on the Knicks chuck up so many shots like that.I'm not saying Crawford sucks, but 41 minutes per game and all the last second shots is too much responsibilty to give a chucker like Jamal.

GetRealistic

Starter
Who else would you want taking them shots? I mean Crawford had a awful game, but he's had plenty of awful games but yet late in the game hits the dagger for us to win the game.

The only other guy you may have a case for is Nate but he's far from a high percentage shooter, plus he has no track record for making a big shot.

You guys act like Jamal has gone 6-27 the whole road trip. He's still not a high FG% shooter but he's played well over the last 15 games. He had a bad game let it go. And as far as the minutes go. Who else is going to play those minutes. Mardy has proven little to nothing this year, so for the most part we have a 3 guard rotation. I'd like to get his minutes down to like 38 but it ain't going to happen.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Who else would you want taking them shots? I mean Crawford had a awful game, but he's had plenty of awful games but yet late in the game hits the dagger for us to win the game.

The only other guy you may have a case for is Nate but he's far from a high percentage shooter, plus he has no track record for making a big shot.

You guys act like Jamal has gone 6-27 the whole road trip. He's still not a high FG% shooter but he's played well over the last 15 games. He had a bad game let it go. And as far as the minutes go. Who else is going to play those minutes. Mardy has proven little to nothing this year, so for the most part we have a 3 guard rotation. I'd like to get his minutes down to like 38 but it ain't going to happen.
Jamal is shooting 33.6% in his last 5 games.If that's not a bad percentage, then Isiah might as well finish putting the Knicks in the dirt and trade for Larry Hughes.You obviously haven't seen Nate or Z-Bo.When Zach Randolph was on the Trailblazers, he used to get gamewinners, and he hit big shots to beat the Timberwolves,Jazz,Nets,and Heat, earlier this season.Nate Robinson also has been shooting high 3 pt percentages, and he hit a 3 pointer against the Warriors, which gave us a chance to win the game, late in the 4th.So stop making excuses for Crawford.He doesn't deserve all the last second shots, and that's final.If you look at last year, most of the gamewinners came from people other than Crawford.David Lee had 1,Marbury had 1,Curry had 4,and Steve Francis had 1, and Zach Randolph had 2 buzzer beaters with Portland last year.So stop making excuses for Crawford.What he did last night was wrong, and it's mostly Isiah Thomas and Crawford's fault for why the Knicks lost last night.

metrocard

Legend
I would much rather see Jerome James chuck up shots than Crawford. Crawford doesn't feel guilty when he chucks away the game, atleast seeing James chuck up shots will be comical.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
See whenever I got a off night I DONT shoot, even I miss at most three in a row I focus on getting my teammates involved, and or hustling for the Offensive rebounds. Jamal just chucks it.

Pricey

Rotation player
All i have to say is Crawford is a dumbass and Lee is a champ. That dunk from Robinsons missed layup was the games highlight and with the chance to win the game Crawford chucks up a fking brick. Ever heard of driving the ball into the lane?? Im guessing Crawford didnt watch LeBron the night before do that exact thing with a seconds left to beat Portland.

Crawford = dumbass

knicklover

Benchwarmer
So you're blaming the players who helped us even make this a competitive game for Crawford's flaws? Thats the most absurd thing I've heard all year besides the crackhead comments said by Pancakes.

I think you are missing my point.

I'm not blaming the other players or defending Crawford's game. I am pointing out the limitations of some players and how those limitations impact the chemistry of the game.

Guys like Balkman and Lee bring a ton to the table, but they can't hit from the outside or create their own shots when they get the ball on the outside. Neither can several other players that get a lot of time. So teams can adjust to that defensively.

That leaves very little on the inside for them except for put backs (which they are great at, but you can only get so many).

You can't just dump the ball down into Lee, Zbo or Balkman and get them more shots. They get doubled, get their shots blocked, etc... If we forced them to shoot, their shooting percentages would plummet, there would be turnovers etc... and we would be complaining about that.

So SOMEONE has to shoot from the outside a lot more than we would like because some of the other guys can't. Then unless those guys are red hot, we are pissed off at them for taking too many bad shots and not hitting enough.

Every night it's another story, right?

Either people are saying Zbo is taking bad shots, Robinson's shot selection needs to improve, or Crawford is chucking again.

One problem is that we have too many one dimensional players. That puts us into a position of taking a lot of bad shots because teams adjust to the lack of outside offensive skills of some of the others.

Crawford is the worst offender and he's not a great shooter. I'm not defending him, I'm pointing out the overall flaw that contributes to the problem. Give us a great outside shooting SF and guarantee you that Crawfords outside shot count goes WAAAAAAY down and his FG% actually goes up.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
I'm not blaming the other players or defending Crawford's game. I am pointing out the limitations of some players and how those limitations impact the chemistry of the game.

Same thing. You're actually trying to hard to point out pointless flaws and make it seem like that Balkman and Lee are part of the problem when the fact is they're part of the solution and Crawford isn't. If you can't understand that simple fact from watching the games and past history, then you're totally lost.

Stop typing make believe stories. Since when do we feed Balkman in the post? He moves well without the basketball, we don't need offense from him since his defense creates offensive opportunities.

Crawford has the worst shot selection in the NBA; it is no competition. When Q-rich was shooting 40% last season; Crawford was still doing the same thing. Its never going to change, thats who he is, a chucker.

We don't need Lee or Balk to hit anything from the outside, they're taking high percentage shots in the paint and getting to the free throw line.

You talk about hitting from the outside so much, Crawford isn't even doing a job of that. Not only he has terrible shot selections, he's not a very good shooter either.

Crawford is clocking 41.5 minutes a game, the result: over 30 losses already in early Feb.

You can't just let Crawford chuck all game, its really the fastest way to lose a game. I honestly rather see Lee get some opportunities to score and gain more confidence within his ability. We all seen flashes of Lee scoring 20 points; its just a matter of Crawford sharing instead of chucking.

Balkman is a pothead clone of Kirilenko, Lenko isn't gifted offensively, but moves well without the basketball; Balkman can develop a jumper just like Lenko did in his 3rd season in the NBA. Aside from jumpshooting, Balkman is excellent at a lot of attributes; similar to Kirilenko which is why I compared the two. Balkman can pass in the fast break or run up and down the court for fast tempo scoring. Balkman is one of the best rebounders at his positions and defenders, along with his Ron Artest-like intensity he brings on the court; its really sad that you have to use Balkman's flaws to bring up Crawford's status; which should be the lowest on this team along with Richardson, Jefferies, James and Curry.

Crawford gets blocked a lot too, whats your point? Crawford is weak and frail and isn't much of a challenge against big men when he drives to the basket; hench why he's a chucker. Crawford hates contact and physical play, and at best will average 17-19 ppg his career at max minutes. If he wasn't such a pussy, he could be a 25 ppg scorer; but Crawford is he what he is, a pussy.

GetRealistic

Starter
I think you are missing my point.

Guys like Balkman and Lee bring a ton to the table, but they can't hit from the outside or create their own shots when they get the ball on the outside. Neither can several other players that get a lot of time. So teams can adjust to that defensively.

That leaves very little on the inside for them except for put backs (which they are great at, but you can only get so many).

You can't just dump the ball down into Lee, Zbo or Balkman and get them more shots. They get doubled, get their shots blocked, etc... If we forced them to shoot, their shooting percentages would plummet, there would be turnovers etc... and we would be complaining about that.

So SOMEONE has to shoot from the outside a lot more than we would like because some of the other guys can't. Then unless those guys are red hot, we are pissed off at them for taking too many bad shots and not hitting enough.

Every night it's another story, right?

Either people are saying Zbo is taking bad shots, Robinson's shot selection needs to improve, or Crawford is chucking again.

One problem is that we have too many one dimensional players. That puts us into a position of taking a lot of bad shots because teams adjust to the lack of outside offensive skills of some of the others.

Crawford is the worst offender and he's not a great shooter. I'm not defending him, I'm pointing out the overall flaw that contributes to the problem. Give us a great outside shooting SF and guarantee you that Crawfords outside shot count goes WAAAAAAY down and his FG% actually goes up.

100 % right

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Crawford sucks no matter what the circumstances are. If your going to try to blame someone for him sucking Isiah Thomas is that someone. Hes the jackass giving him these minutes and not repremanding him for taking all these shots. Like Kiyaman said the Knicks need a coach.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Crawford sucks no matter what the circumstances are. If your going to try to blame someone for him sucking Isiah Thomas is that someone. Hes the jackass giving him these minutes and not repremanding him for taking all these shots. Like Kiyaman said the Knicks need a coach.
and new players...idc i just saw giants win and i realized what champions are and knicks dont fit that category and never will wit CRAWFORD running the team -_-...it was his fault we lost i would have gave it 2 zach or robinson instead

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
and new players...idc i just saw giants win and i realized what champions are and knicks dont fit that category and never will wit CRAWFORD running the team -_-...it was his fault we lost i would have gave it 2 zach or robinson instead

If I was the Knicks coach I would cut his minutes in half and beg the gm to trade him.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Crawford is clocking 41.5 minutes a game, the result: over 30 losses already in early Feb.

yo stfu, crawford is not the reason we have 30++ losses right now, and stop acting like he been averaging 41.5 minutes a game the whole season, its been stephon been hurt the minutes has rised