View Poll Results: Who is the best passer in the NBA?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jose Calderon

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

10 58.82%
  • Chris Paul

3 17.65%
  • Deron Williams

1 5.88%
  • Jason Kidd

3 17.65%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which NBA player is the greatest passer?

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Default Which NBA player is the greatest passer?

I thought this was a great poll on espn.com this morning. I voted for Nash. HE sees everything. Makes players bettter around him. who you voted for a why? by the way my second pick was Jose Calderon, he makes people better around him and turnover assist ratio is great.
    Last edited by nyKnicks126; Feb 01, 2008 at 09:50.

yea ive seen some video of him making some sick ass passes...man after that nowun in my eyes is better then nash

Very tough question.....if it was askin whos the best point guard I would say easily Chris Paul but is he the best passer?

Steve Nash-11.8
    Chris Paul-10.7
    Jason Kidd-10.4
    Deron Williams-9.5
    Jose Calderon-8.8

Nash averages the most assists but he arguably has the best teammates of these 5.

Jose Calderon only averages 31.5 minutes per game.

This is F*ckin hard no homo. Im tryin to compare the teams because thats a big factor. Not everyone plays with Amare, the Matrix, Raja Bell and the rest of the Suns.

The 2 best offensive players on the Hornets other then Chris Paul are:

Stojakovic-15.3ppg,44.3fg%,45.6 3P%
    David West-19.6ppg,47.8fg%

Hes got 2 solid teammates here. Are they bettter then RJ and Carter?

RJ-24ppg,46.2fg%,35% 3P
    Carter-20.9ppg,45.1fg%,33.8% 3P

Kidd might arguably have better teammates (Offensivley) then Chris Paul but because of Pauls offense the Hornets are much more successful then the Nets. Kidd has no offense. Pauls like a better version of Marbury. He scores and passes.

Im gonna go with Chris Paul but Caleron might be second.

Do you guys remember some time ago when Marbury passed to TIm Thomas. It was a behind the back spin to Tim. I believe. That was crazy!

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Do you guys remember some time ago when Marbury passed to TIm Thomas. It was a behind the back spin to Tim. I believe. That was crazy!
    I feel like an idiot for 2 reasons:

1. I dont remember that pass
    2. Im the only one who voted for Chris Paul

yeah i remember that pass, he did some spinning pass and tim thomas made some lay up i couldnt believe, i'll go wit kidd cuz his passes seem so effortless, wit nash, a lot of times he passes up an open lay up for a open man who's in the perimeter

the thing about nash dow all u have 2 do is run and get open he will find u...man i see him make some nice passes and the suns love playing with him because he gives them easy oppertunities...like easy lay ups all the time

Originally Posted by thekidd13
    the thing about nash dow all u have 2 do is run and get open he will find u...man i see him make some nice passes and the suns love playing with him because he gives them easy oppertunities...like easy lay ups all the time
    Thats the same way some people describe playin with Telfair.

Kidd is crazy you are right his passes are so effortless.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IREiim13C0o&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IREiim13C0o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I was at this game down below. It was the playoffs
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6VRsOj5WQA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6VRsOj5WQA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7mqB57LL4I&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7mqB57LL4I&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Thats the same way some people describe playin with Telfair.
    lolz telfair?...ive seen him do some nice crossovers but thats about it...lolz man are u part of the marbury fam or something?

I can't believe Telfair is getting around 6 assists a game for Minnesota. Along with almost 10 ppg. He improved because he is getting so much more minutes then last year. Now stay out of trouble.

KnicksonLIN.com

I'll go with Steve Nash, cause he always averages high assists numbers whether he has a big offensive game, or a quiet offensive game.This is something that is hard to do, but he has found a way to master this in Phoenix.

Originally Posted by thekidd13
    lolz telfair?...ive seen him do some nice crossovers but thats about it...lolz man are u part of the marbury fam or something?
    Actually yes, Im part of the fam.

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    I can't believe Telfair is getting around 6 assists a game for Minnesota. Along with almost 10 ppg. He improved because he is getting so much more minutes then last year. Now stay out of trouble.
    Hes gotta work on that shot and he'll get even more assists. Ive seen him play real good defense.

Originally Posted by abcd
    I'll go with Steve Nash, cause he always averages high assists numbers whether he has a big offensive game, or a quiet offensive game.This is something that is hard to do, but he has found a way to master this in Phoenix.
    This is one of those rare times where I dont go by who has the best stats but you cant go wrong with any of the options. Deron Williams is last on my list.

1. Stephon Marbury
    2. Chris Paul
    3. Jason Kidd
    4. Steve Nash
    5. Jose Calderon
    6. Deron Williams

*For the slow people Marbury being 1st is a joke

MSG, he's not a point guard but you forgot to put one guy on your list, Lebron. That guy is a sick passer. Another guy who I think is one of the most underrated players in the league and a terrific passer would be Ginobli. Duncan is the foundation, Parker the engine but Ginobli is defintiely the key to the Spurs.

Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    MSG, he's not a point guard but you forgot to put one guy on your list, Lebron. That guy is a sick passer. Another guy who I think is one of the most underrated players in the league and a terrific passer would be Ginobli. Duncan is the foundation, Parker the engine but Ginobli is defintiely the key to the Spurs.
    I agree that their both good passers but I think there would be a couple of others ahead of them on my list after Deron Williams.