How did we lose to the 15-30 Clippers

Kiyaman

Legend
How did we lose to the Clippers in our own Home Stadium?

It was plain as daylight that the Clippers could not handle the Knicks best Bigmen Trio from Lastseason "Curry, Lee, and Balkman". Especially when "6.11 Jefferies and 6.6 PG-Collins" were added with the Trio.
PG-Mardy Collins was not bothered or hasseled by Marbury, Crawford, or Q.Richardson on the court in this lineup by them always demanding the ball everytime he touch the ball, so he ran the POINT like he did at Temple with this Bigman-Trio with Jefferies defense help in the backcourt to outscore the Clippers in the 2nd qtr. by 10 points (30-20).

The Curry, Lee, and Balkman Bigman TRIO had so much success when played together lastseason, why was this Bigman-lineup over looked when they showed signs of communicating & co-existing together vs Knick-oposition.
This was the Bigman lineup to build on to make the Trio depend on each other this season. One of the BIG reasons why David Lee & Balkman became Big Fan Favorites which stopped them from being traded in the offseason was their complimentary performance alongside of (a work in progress) Eddy Curry.

What is wrong with the Knicks Head Coach Isiah Thomas ability to build Chemistry within this Knick Roster?
Why was he so quick to add Zach & Jones to a lineup that injuries and bad blood stop them from making the playoffs?

This team had previous season players comming together after last season dissater that was familar with each other talents to form a decent .500 lineup.

The Knicks had several Backcourt lineups from last season progress that would have worked out well if the BIGMEN had their act together by using tandems of Marbury & Crawford, Marbury & Nate, Crawford & Nate, Nate & Collins, and now in the 2008 season the Knicks have a strong defensive Trio backcourt lineup of Collins, Jefferies, and Balkman.
When will the Knicks Head Coach Isiah Thomas start giving these Trio's of players steady playingtime together each game to gain some CHEMISTRY together.

All of this mix-up one player substitution at a time is not working!
this Knick team is way beyond having a 8 to 9 Man Rotation, this Knick Team has a 14-34 record meaning it is a 10 to 12 Man rotation team (looking for co-existing players on both ends of the court) inwhich 3-man units are supposed to be substituted to make these players play together as a UNIT.
It's called Help-Offense and Help-Defense...

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
How did we lose to the Clippers in our own Home Stadium?

It was plain as daylight that the Clippers could not handle the Knicks best Bigmen Trio from Lastseason "Curry, Lee, and Balkman". Especially when "6.11 Jefferies and 6.6 PG-Collins" were added with the Trio.
PG-Mardy Collins was not bothered or hasseled by Marbury, Crawford, or Q.Richardson on the court in this lineup by them always demanding the ball everytime he touch the ball, so he ran the POINT like he did at Temple with this Bigman-Trio with Jefferies defense help in the backcourt to outscore the Clippers in the 2nd qtr. by 10 points (30-20).

The Curry, Lee, and Balkman Bigman TRIO had so much success when played together lastseason, why was this Bigman-lineup over looked when they showed signs of communicating & co-existing together vs Knick-oposition.
This was the Bigman lineup to build on to make the Trio depend on each other this season. One of the BIG reasons why David Lee & Balkman became Big Fan Favorites which stopped them from being traded in the offseason was their complimentary performance alongside of (a work in progress) Eddy Curry.

What is wrong with the Knicks Head Coach Isiah Thomas ability to build Chemistry within this Knick Roster?
Why was he so quick to add Zach & Jones to a lineup that injuries and bad blood stop them from making the playoffs?
This team had previous season players comming together after last season dissater that was familar with each other talents to form a decent .500 lineup.

The Knicks had several Backcourt lineups from last season progress that would have worked out well if the BIGMEN had their act together by using tandems of Marbury & Crawford, Marbury & Nate, Crawford & Nate, Nate & Collins, and now in the 2008 season the Knicks have a strong defensive Trio backcourt lineup of Collins, Jefferies, and Balkman.
When will the Knicks Head Coach Isiah Thomas start giving these Trio's of players steady playingtime together each game to gain some CHEMISTRY together.

All of this mix-up one player substitution at a time is not working!
this Knick team is way beyond having a 8 to 9 Man Rotation, this Knick Team has a 14-34 record meaning it is a 10 to 12 Man rotation team (looking for co-existing players on both ends of the court) inwhich 3-man units are supposed to be substituted to make these players play together as a UNIT.
It's called Help-Offense and Help-Defense...

simple because the knicks suck and the don't care they stopped caring about winning when isiah took over and dolan doesn't give a shit about this organization hence the fact that he still has isiah hired

Kiyaman

Legend
This LOSS was INEXCUSABLE!

When will Isiah Thomas LEARN that you can not WIN in the 2nd half of the game (especially in the 4th quarter) with 2 or 3 offensive players on the court that will not apply defense to the lineup (Crawford, Zach, and Curry).

I am tired of seeing the great Tandem of "David Lee & Balkman" have to put up with playing alongside of Zach Randolph, and then alongside of Curry.
This is Punishment for the Two Players by Isiah doing this after 41 games past, because it should've been done early in the season with "David Lee & Balkman" as STARTERS. Both Curry & Zach was not in shape for training camp after leading their teams to a LOTTERY Season.

Zach Randolph dont co-exist with any Knick Teammate on DEFENSE and is receiving 33 mpg this season. The same can be said about Crawford 41 mpg season.

Starks

Starter
Let's just say that when MSG shows Knick players smiling and giggling with opponents after each loss, its a safe bet the gave up on basketball a long time ago.

It's passion for us, but for about 86% of the players out there, its just another job to get them through the week.

They can learn alot from the Giants

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The last time I said I was gonna be nice, I wasn't so nice. But I'ma be nice, this time. The reason why the Knicks lost to the Clippers, and they now are 14-34 with an o next to their name, indicating they're eliminated from playoff contention is because they have no defense.And the little defense we have is rarely utilized by Isiah.Our best defenders are: Renaldo Balkman, Jerome James,Mardy Collins,Jared Jeffries, and Fred Jones, yet none of these players have been consistantly put into the starting lineup, or at least given a lot of minutes, so that Curry, Randolph, and Crawford(our 3 worst defenders) aren't always on the floor.Instead of letting some of our defensive players in, Isiah allows Jamal Crawford to play 41 mpg, Z-Bo to play 33 mpg, and Curry to start in all but 1 game that he's played, this season.It's fine to give these guys big minutes, but if you're going to do so, sorround them with a good defender. For ex: Put Jerome James in the game, when Zach Randolph or Curry is on the floor, so that they won't get scored on every 5 seconds, put Balkman and Collins in the game, if Crawford is on the floor, and play Fred Jones, if Nate Robinson is on the floor. It's things like this that Isiah fails to do, which is why their poor defense has cost them all 6 of these games.

burger-king james.. one of our best defenders... we have hit rock-bottom...

oh man i never thought the new york knicks could go down this far. from the glorry days of the 70's and the time of p-ewing we go to this.... kinda makes u wonder how any GM could fix the mess isiah haz made.

Pricey

Rotation player
its quite simple why we lost, The Clippers r a better team then us.
Now i said team, not talent or player wise. The work as a team where we dont so they beat us.
Individually they have Magette, Kaman, Cassell and Brand when available which isnt that bad but they play to a system where we dont.

Also i saw that Q-Rich had scored a bit and that in the 1st half but didnt play much in the 2nd, why is that? If it wasnt due to injury then Isiah is a tosser. Why does he always take players off when playing decent.

Kiyaman

Legend
The last time I said I was gonna be nice, I wasn't so nice. But I'ma be nice, this time. The reason why the Knicks lost to the Clippers, and they now are 14-34 with an o next to their name, indicating they're eliminated from playoff contention is because they have no defense.And the little defense we have is rarely utilized by Isiah.Our best defenders are: Renaldo Balkman, Jerome James,Mardy Collins,Jared Jeffries, and Fred Jones, yet none of these players have been consistantly put into the starting lineup, or at least given a lot of minutes, so that Curry, Randolph, and Crawford(our 3 worst defenders) aren't always on the floor.Instead of letting some of our defensive players in, Isiah allows Jamal Crawford to play 41 mpg, Z-Bo to play 33 mpg, and Curry to start in all but 1 game that he's played, this season.It's fine to give these guys big minutes, but if you're going to do so, sorround them with a good defender. For ex: Put Jerome James in the game, when Zach Randolph or Curry is on the floor, so that they won't get scored on every 5 seconds, put Balkman and Collins in the game, if Crawford is on the floor, and play Fred Jones, if Nate Robinson is on the floor. It's things like this that Isiah fails to do, which is why their poor defense has cost them all 6 of these games.

That seems to be the Knicks BIG Problem wanting to score everytime on the offensive end of the court. Isiah havn't figured out that alot of Knick-opositions get upset and start arguing and blaming teammates when they can not score 3 or 4 times on the offensive end of the court. Which gives the Knicks defensive players easy shots. That's how a lineup like Collins, Jefferies, Balkman, Lee, and Curry got a 9 point lead by halftime.
And YES, I too believe that Jerome James (or Morris) would be the best complimentary player for NO-DEFENSE Zach Randolph.

Why do so many members in this forum want the Knicks to lose and get a good LOTTERY pick?
The Knicks dont give any playingtime to their Rookies. Look at Collins, Chandler, and Morris. The only reason why Balkman received playingtime in his rookie season was because Jefferies was injured at the start of the season and Q.Richardson started complaining about his back.

Also i saw that Q-Rich had scored a bit and that in the 1st half but didnt play much in the 2nd, why is that? If it wasnt due to injury then Isiah is a tosser. Why does he always take players off when playing decent.

Q.Rich sprained his angle in the start of the 2nd quarter. Which was time for Isiah to pull 6.8 Wilson Chandler off the bench for some decent playingtime rather than give Crawford 41 minutes of playingtime.