View Poll Results: Which of these players would be the best option to run the offense through?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zach Randolph

    3 23.08%
  • Jamal Crawford

    0 0%
  • Eddy Curry

    3 23.08%
  • Nate Robinson

    5 38.46%
  • David Lee

    2 15.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Thread: Indiana Pacers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 2/5

  1. #16
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Danny Granger will destroy us. The kid is a gun.
    I can see Larry Bird throwing a cheeseburger onto the court when the Pacers are going on the offense and Curry will get confused on what to do, play defence of get a snack.
    Get the cameras ready, will be a classic

  2. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,665
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Pricey
    I can see Larry Bird throwing a cheeseburger onto the court when the Pacers are going on the offense and Curry will get confused on what to do, play defence of get a snack.
    Get the cameras ready, will be a classic

    GREAT post......

  3. #18
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Chalk up another loss tonight - but it's all good - it's a lose win situation.
    Isiah will go and we'll have a nice high lottery pick - hopefully someone we can build a franchise around.

  4. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,053
    Rep Power
    13

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I disagree with almost everything. Crawford vs Iverson:

    Crawford

    41.5mpg
    19.9ppg
    41.1fg%
    33.6%3P
    2.57topg
    7.04 shots made per game
    17.15 shots attempted per game
    3.8 free throws made per game
    4.4 free throws attempted per game
    2 3pt made per game
    6 3pt attempts per game

    Iverson

    42mpg
    26.9ppg
    44.7fg%
    32%3P
    3.3topg
    8.3 shots made per game
    19.7 shots attempted per game
    8.2 free throws made per game
    10 free throws attempted per game
    1.04 3pt made per game
    3.25 3pt attempted per game

    Iverson is a better shooter and he takes less 3's. Hes been playing big minutes his whole career and is still way better then Crawford. Iverson shoots 1.6% worse from the perimeter but at least hes smart enough to only take 3.25 3pt attempts per game.

    Iverson is a better team player. Hes averaging 7.1 assists per game.

    Crawford doesnt even play defense. Iverson averages 2.3 steals per game but more importantly he can keep him opponent in front of him. It is unfair to make excuses for Crawford because of his high minutes and even Isiah would agree with this. He said it use to be normal for starters to be playing around 41 or 42 minutes a game. Thats the difference now, the average player has a softer mentality. They use back to back games as an excuse for being tired.

    You know what, Im not gonna say anything about you sayin we should run the offense through Curry because the options arent exactly that good which is why I made it a poll question. Nate Robinson is averaging 1.41 turnovers a game in 24 minutes of play. I think he should be the starting point guard until Marbury comes back/a trade is made for another point guard (excluding Jason Williams, Bibby, and Ridnour). Im still not sure if Nate is ready to run the offense but hes the best option in the poll question.
    Of course AI's #'s are gonna be better all the way around. He is AI. AI is an MVP candidate every year and will go down as one of the top 50 players to ever play at the NBA level. That being said we were talking about FG% which AI and Jamal are within 3% points of each other. That's my only point. Anybody who has played basketball on any level knows jumpshooting % goes down as you fatigue. With Jamal's slight build he gets to beat up playing all those minutes. As for running the offense through E-City, big men need touches to be effective on both ends of the floor. While listening to the anylysts breakdown the Shaq trade they alluded to the fact that the biggest change will be for the Suns to run the offense through Shaq because big men need touches on the offensive end to stay involved in the game on the defensive end. That's my point. I think E-City could hustle down the floor if he knew absolutly he was going to get the first touch on every possession outside of fastbreak opportunities. What player on any level is going to hustle and play d to never be at least an option on the offensive end. Garbage time role players will do this like David Lee will do this but E-City is a prime time type skill guy. Unless you have a team full of runners and gunners like Golden State or a Phoenix Suns, NBA offense must be run from inside out, esp with the rule changes.

  5. #20
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Of course AI's #'s are gonna be better all the way around. He is AI. AI is an MVP candidate every year and will go down as one of the top 50 players to ever play at the NBA level. That being said we were talking about FG% which AI and Jamal are within 3% points of each other. That's my only point. Anybody who has played basketball on any level knows jumpshooting % goes down as you fatigue. With Jamal's slight build he gets to beat up playing all those minutes. As for running the offense through E-City, big men need touches to be effective on both ends of the floor. While listening to the anylysts breakdown the Shaq trade they alluded to the fact that the biggest change will be for the Suns to run the offense through Shaq because big men need touches on the offensive end to stay involved in the game on the defensive end. That's my point. I think E-City could hustle down the floor if he knew absolutly he was going to get the first touch on every possession outside of fastbreak opportunities. What player on any level is going to hustle and play d to never be at least an option on the offensive end. Garbage time role players will do this like David Lee will do this but E-City is a prime time type skill guy. Unless you have a team full of runners and gunners like Golden State or a Phoenix Suns, NBA offense must be run from inside out, esp with the rule changes.
    Your original words were that AI's not known for his stellar shooting percentage. 3.6% isnt a big difference but its a difference.

    44.7% looks alot better then 41.1%. Playing alot of minutes is not a good excuse to me. 15 years ago and back no one used minutes as an excuse. The average player today is softer then the average player 10-15 years ago.

    I disagree with you and the analysts. A big man should not need touches to stay involved. No matter what a player gets payed millions to go out there and give it everything they got on both ends of the court. Theres no excuses for not rebounding and defending because your not getting enough touches. Players like Curry and Shaq need to look to have an impact anyway they can.

  6. #21
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I found a Knicks Isiah Rap on youtube, I hope you guys enjoy it. lol

    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dzmnz0Pll3A&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dzmnz0Pll3A&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

  7. #22
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    great song but at this point we the fans only have 2 options:

    1) stop watchin the Knicks
    2) continue to suffer watchin the Knicks

    I think were stuck with Isiah for now. Dolan is a F*ckin idiot and I hope to get ran over by an 18 wheeler so I dont have to continue to watch this embarrassing group of players and be forced to root for a crappy team put together by the worst gm in the history of sports.

  8. #23
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Wow that crazy. See you are the fan that I like (NO homo) true orange, and blue bleeder. I rather suffer watchin the Knicks loose, and I am repeating myself but here it goes, I WANT THAT 1st ROUND DRAFT PICK!!!!!!!

  9. #24
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Balkmans doin good off the bench so far. I have no idea why hes not playin 30 minutes a game. Isiah should be handcuffed for all his stupid trades, signings, coaching rotations, and quotes.

  10. #25
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    ATTN MSG Network:
    Enough with all the Giant praise on camera, we get it!

    You know the season is bad when the biggest highlight all year was seeing Giants players in the stands.

    .........


    Also, side note. what is with this "no homo" phrase that's running rampant around here. lol

    Either many of us here are in 8th grade, or there is a severe sense of sexual insecurity flowing around. It was kind of funny at first, but its kind of silly-played out by now.

    Can we go back to saying things like "I like Chris Paul" without having to write "No Homo"?

    John Amenichi isn't reading this board, so it's probably not necessary to keep writing it...unless its meant to be funny or something i guess. Disregard if thats the case lol

  11. #26
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    ATTN MSG Network:
    Enough with all the Giant praise on camera, we get it!

    You know the season is bad when the biggest highlight all year was seeing Giants players in the stands.

    .........


    Also, side note. what is with this "no homo" phrase that's running rampant around here. lol

    Either many of us here are in 8th grade, or there is a severe sense of sexual insecurity flowing around. It was kind of funny at first, but its kind of silly-played out by now.

    Can we go back to saying things like "I like Chris Paul" without having to write "No Homo"?

    John Amenichi isn't reading this board, so it's probably not necessary to keep writing it...unless its meant to be funny or something i guess. Disregard if thats the case lol
    Heres a video explaining it


  12. #27
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Heres a video explaining it

    ohhhhh so thats where it comes from. Something told me Cam'ron had to be involved.

    When i got to college I stopped following rap closely. I still listen to old school stuff and lots of indie rap (Stones Throw Records, Def Jux, Anticon and, Rhymesayers are the labels)

    I guess as i got older, and I started seeing kids where pink and wear over sized shirts past their knees, I laughed and said to myself "yea its time to become an adult"

    My dad was actually Cam'Ron's probation officer. I got load of embarrasing stories on him that would really ruin his "street cred"

  13. #28
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    ohhhhh so thats where it comes from. Something told me Cam'ron had to be involved.

    When i got to college I stopped following rap closely. I still listen to old school stuff and lots of indie rap (Stones Throw Records, Def Jux, Anticon and, Rhymesayers are the labels)

    I guess as i got older, and I started seeing kids where pink and wear over sized shirts past their knees, I laughed and said to myself "yea its time to become an adult"

    My dad was actually Cam'Ron's probation officer. I got load of embarrasing stories on him that would really ruin his "street cred"
    lol he has no street cred, hes takin more losses then anyother rapper in the game. IM ashamed to say I do like some of the new rap. The old stuff was way better. Theres no meaning to most the rap that comes out now, its all about sellin crack and dissin legends. I do like cam and the diplomats but I know there nothin compared to Wu-Tang, Mobb deep, the Juice Crew, eric b and rakim, the list goes on and on. IM not feelin the way they dress now with all the multi colored hoodys and whatever, im not up on that. Im all about wearin old jeans, a hoody, and a pair of Starburys(Im sorry about bringin him up).

    I heard about an incident where cam and dipset ran from lil cease and junior mafia, im sure its all over youtube. and Tru life snuffed cam and his eye got infected. I hate Tru life but we got that New New york poster on here whos a tru life fan.

  14. #29
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    lol he has no street cred, hes takin more losses then anyother rapper in the game. IM ashamed to say I do like some of the new rap. The old stuff was way better. Theres no meaning to most the rap that comes out now, its all about sellin crack and dissin legends. I do like cam and the diplomats but I know there nothin compared to Wu-Tang, Mobb deep, the Juice Crew, eric b and rakim, the list goes on and on. IM not feelin the way they dress now with all the multi colored hoodys and whatever, im not up on that. Im all about wearin old jeans, a hoody, and a pair of Starburys(Im sorry about bringin him up).

    I heard about an incident where cam and dipset ran from lil cease and junior mafia, im sure its all over youtube. and Tru life snuffed cam and his eye got infected. I hate Tru life but we got that New New york poster on here whos a tru life fan.
    nah u bugging, cam got street cred, he runs harlem, and lil cease wasnt even there, it was his boys

    well on the game, the knicks need to make a move, they too predictable downt the stretch, everybody knows jamal going take the last shot, fred jones got ma scared

  15. #30
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    nah u bugging, cam got street cred, he runs harlem, and lil cease wasnt even there, it was his boys

    well on the game, the knicks need to make a move, they too predictable downt the stretch, everybody knows jamal going take the last shot, fred jones got ma scared
    about cam your right theres internet heads who are haters and count every loss hes taken but he can still walk the streets.

    The Knicks lose their 7th straight game. Im startin to lose interest. It would be easier if there was less crawford and more nate, balkman, Lee, and Jerome James.

Similar Threads

  1. Utah Jazz vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/30
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2008, 19:05
  2. Replies: 76
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2008, 18:05
  3. Philadelphia 76ers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/25
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 15:59
  4. Sacramento Kings vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/2/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2008, 15:00
  5. Dallas Mavericks vs New York Knicks Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2007, 18:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •