Who Should be the backup PG?

• Frank Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moochie Norris

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

egluck

Rookie
Seems like the Knicks rotation is pretty set. But due to Marbury's high amount of minutes per game there is only room for one backup PG. Which means one of the biggest dilemma's Lenny is facing in his rotation is whether Moochie Norris or Frank Williams will backup Marbury for the 5-10 minutes he gets to rest during a game. Lenny seems to be flip flopping between the two, but seems to have mostly gone with Moochie. From what youv seen of their play, who do you think should be the backup pointguard, and who should be the insurance PG who waits in the wings in case of injury or foul trouble?
Personally I think Frank Williams can get to the whole better, has a better handle, makes better passes, and sets up his team mates better. Moochie seems to be a better shooter. and is a bit smarter about the way he plays, such as avoiding risky dribbles into traffic. I can't tell which one plays better defense, but Frank is slightly bigger so that might help him cover larger PG's. Also, Moochie Norris is about as good as hes ever going to get, whereas Frank Williams is only in his second year and still might improve with increased play. Although Marbury might obviously be our starting PG for many years to come, grooming Frank as a quality backup could sure help any prospects the Knicks have for someday being a title contender since you need to have a good team on the floor at all times during a hard fought playoff series. I wish I could interview Lenny and ask him why he is so reluctant to go wih Frank over Moochie. Maybe this poll might tell me whether I'm the only one who thinks this is strange?

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
i rather have williams as our backup PG, he grew in my heart ever since chaney was keeping him on the bench, and i really started to love him when he made the lineup.
i like norris too, but ... i'll stick with frankie ;)

allan20

Benchwarmer
nba.com >> moochie norris >> head 2 head comparation with frank williams

result: fwill gets the job

E-Z 8)

egluck

Rookie
Seems Williams is starting to grumble. The articles are even saying that the organization believes Williams is better, so why is he sitting? COuld be because Williams is associated with Layden, or could be because they are trying to trade him. If they are trying to trade him though, it seems best to showcase him and let him show what he can do. If they can get a good player in return who fills a needed role for the knicks, I would be all for trading Williams. But Im not in favor of trading him just for the sake of trading him, and Im not for letting him just rot on the bench while mediocre Moochie gets playing time. Something has to be done about this because its simply perplexing me and it seems like it might lead to discord on the knicks. The only time you can leave guys on the bench and not have discord is when they know the guys who are playing ahead of them are clearly better and there are no minutes left for them, and I think we have seen that is not the case here.

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
egluck said:
COuld be because Williams is associated with Layden, or could be because they are trying to trade him. If they are trying to trade him though, it seems best to showcase him and let him show what he can do.

or maybe they're planning to trade moochie/doleac/harrington, and that's why they're getting all the time

tradeline is approaching

egluck

Rookie
Like I said previously, i think it is a great idea to have Frank Williams play PG and have Marbury move to SG. Although Marbury is a better point guard then Allen Iverson, he can also score like Iverson, so it seems that it would work to have him put in a similar role, with Frank Williams assuming the role that Eric Snow plays. Frank and Stephon are big enough, strong enough, and fast enough to guard most any guard in the league, with the exception of the guards who everybody has trouble guarding, such as McGrady and Kobe. So not only would the duo be a proficient scoring back court but I feel they would be pretty solid defensively as well. I will agree that having Penny play SG is preferable to the tandem, but I think Frank and Stephon is preferable to Shandon and Stephon.

Mondo

Benchwarmer
When Mutumbo gets tired/foul trouble the set I think they should use is

C - Kurt Thomas
PF - Van Horn
SF - Hardaway
SG - Marbury
PG - Williams

I don't think I've seen this combo on the floor yet, they should try it while Houston is injured.