Damn, Spree. Latrell broke?

Starks

Starter
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3241444

He might not have been the brightest, but I was always a fan of his. (In fact he was the last Knick to be represented on an All-Star team)

There is a sad trend of NBA players going broke after they retire. What the hell do these dudes with their paychecks? They all can't be buying $25,000 chains that get stolen at clubs like SebastianTelfair right?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I heard an article once, and it said that Spree had to give away half of what he owns because of a divorce with his wife, its a sad thing. I also heard he didn't play taxes on anything like his salary, house, and yacht. Of well I guess he isn't good with $$$$$$. But he is still one of my favorite NBA players on all time.

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3241444

He might not have been the brightest, but I was always a fan of his. (In fact he was the last Knick to be represented on an All-Star team)

There is a sad trend of NBA players going broke after they retire. What the hell do these dudes with their paychecks? They all can't be buying $25,000 chains that get stolen at clubs like SebastianTelfair right?

Well Spree and Allan were the last two Knick All Stars....But Spree turned down a 6 million dollar a year deal with Minnesota, so he can't blame anyone but himself. By the way whatever came of his sexual assult case?

Pricey

Rotation player
gun player but dumb as. should have taken the extension. Now had to sell his yacht cause he couldnt make the payment.
Watching those shows of what they do with the money and the crap they buy is ridiculous. A smart person would buy a house, car and then invest the rest of his money instead of buying stupid looking chains and stuff.

I still don't get why no ones signed him this whole time. some one should try him out fer a ten day contract or sumthin. I bet he can still ball.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I hate to say it, Spree was one of my favorites but I dont think he has anything left. I would like to see him come back and make an impact for a team but i dont think its happening. Spree was right when he said he had to feed his family. He made alot of money, he should have hired a financial planner or just used common sense. Hopefully he recovers somehow, maybe he can do a TV show or get into acting.

The Knicks should sign Sprewell.

Sprewell>>>Crawford, still.

Starks

Starter
Spree should become friends with Marbury and start a trend of NBA players going overseas to play ball.

I think most of these players stop caring about winning mid way into their careers anyway. I would love to play in Europe. Beautiful settings, and Euro girls galore is all i would need to get me over there.

Kiyaman

Legend
Spree lost the majority of his money with these Thievery investment companies who make money off of your money whether the stock go up or down to pittance. And these companies never tell these sport players about the taxes they will have to pay when they stock goes up, they only tell them to cash some in and reinvest that interest in this new project. You heard the famous line "It would be in your best interest".

Spree should've went overseas and played after that one season off.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Spree was right when he said he had to feed his family.

The Knicks should sign Sprewell.

Did u watch david sterns interview about latrell?? ungrateful little rat.....turn down 6 million? for playing basketball?? david stern was highly upset at the comment, also the reporter was disgusted.... stern is right, nba players dont know how lucky they are....with their fist million, they hit the lottery.....spree shud have thrown up condos an fast food places or sumthin or invested or sumthin....didnt he bring out sum tennis?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I was a big Spreewell fan but he brought this on him self. I think it's laughable. Mr. I can't play for 6 million a year because I have to feed my family is now heading to the poor house. I don't think he'll ever really be completely broke. He's got small businesses outside of sports. He should at least be able to generate 100 to 300 thousand per year. That's a nice salary, but his millionaire days are over.