Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 Worst Knicks of All Time: You gotta post!

Originally Posted by datruth
    eisley cant jack up 18 shots cuz he cant create for himself, second, the guy never played defense, we havent had any good perimeter defense in a while, and im not really sticking up for jamal but ur homeboy metro said eisley is better than jamal, ya both just gotta admit it, ya just hate jamal, i dislike stephon as a player but i would never say some shyt like jameer nelson is better than stephon, and if eisley is better than jamal crawford, eisley would be in da league
    I gotta respect the fact that you are tellin the truth, Marbury>>>Nelson. Eisley was not a good defender but he played more defense then Crawford.

Howard Eisley was the type of player who didnt look to do much statistically, he played within the teams system, kept his turnovers down, and did what he was asked. If you asked me who I would rather have runnin the point, Crawford or Eisley I would say Eisley. Ill admit that Crawford has more ability as a player but what good is his ability when he doesnt use it? I would like to see better shot selection, less stupid turnovers, and more effort on defense from him. Everyone thinks I hate Crawford but I have said before thats not the case. He pisses me off but in his defense its not his fault that he plays 42 minutes a game. He should be comin off the bench playing about half that.

Yall must stop hatin on Chris Dudley, he was one of my favourite knick, he was like a david lee without the athlectic ability n scoring, here's my list:

5. Fenton Spencer
    4. Lavor Postell
    3. Larry Robinson
    2. David Wingate
    1. Luc Longley

Close Calls:
    Antonio mcdyess, frank williams, slavko vranes, mike sweetney, bruno sundov.....

Originally Posted by Moz106
    Yall must stop hatin on Chris Dudley, he was one of my favourite knick, he was like a david lee without the athlectic ability n scoring, here's my list:

5. Fenton Spencer
    4. Lavor Postell
    3. Larry Robinson
    2. David Wingate
    1. Luc Longley

Close Calls:
    Antonio mcdyess, frank williams, slavko vranes, mike sweetney, bruno sundov.....
    David Lee without athletic ability is Charles Oakley. Chris Dudley is Jerome James without the injuries!

Stephon Marbury
    Scott Brooks
    Pete Myers
    Charles Smith
    Fredric Weis

Originally Posted by New New York
    David Lee without athletic ability is Charles Oakley. Chris Dudley is Jerome James without the injuries!
    Nah, Jerome James had a decent post up game, Chris Dudley didn't, but Chris was a better rebounder, n he never block shots like Jerome, so here's the common things between david n chris, good rebounders, blue colar players, but can't block shots, Ben Wallace right now is Charles Oklay, gud weak side D.....

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I gotta respect the fact that you are tellin the truth, Marbury>>>Nelson. Eisley was not a good defender but he played more defense then Crawford.
    If you asked me who I would rather have runnin the point, Crawford or Eisley I would say Eisley. Ill admit that Crawford has more ability as a player but what good is his ability when he doesnt use it? .
    but thats not fair cuz jamal is not even a PG, and how u going say jamal doesnt use his ability and then support stephon?

Veteran

moz has this correctly.

but technically the worst knicks of all time are Scott Layden and Allan Houston. bar none. haha. theres many different levels of bad. bad by playing ability, bad by the damage they did to our future without knowing it.

you have bad players like Longley, Eisley, Norris, Knight, Vranes, Postell and the bad like Houston, Mcdyess, Frank Williams and Sweetney because what we could of had if we didnt get them.

its hard to pick the worst knick of all time...

despite this vin baker sucked pretty badly. haha

hey i agree wit u man, that antonio mcdyesss deal was the worse thing eva 2 happen 2 new york, like Layden jus stomped his foot on NY, man i was pissed that day, seein my favourite forward n favourite poin guard go, plus we cud have had Nene, **** ME **** ME MAN!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Moz106
    hey i agree wit u man, that antonio mcdyesss deal was the worse thing eva 2 happen 2 new york, like Layden jus stomped his foot on NY, man i was pissed that day, seein my favourite forward n favourite poin guard go, plus we cud have had Nene, **** ME **** ME MAN!!!!!!!!
    Even worst we could have had Amare Stoudimire and Camby on the same team!

Moz you just gave me a great idea for a thread!

we cud hav had amare??? hmmm damn

Originally Posted by New New York
    Even worst we could have had Amare Stoudimire and Camby on the same team!
    I'm not sure, but I think Carlos Boozer was also available at that spot in the same draft.

That trade was one of the worst trades in Knick history. Camby and Nene (could have drafted Amare or Boozer at the same spot) for an injured McDysse. How many games did McDysse play for us?

Superstar

1.Kenny Walker

Superstar

oh yeah and homeboy Frederick Weiss!!!! haha. That dude was an all star.

KnicksonLIN.com

Great thread, New York_New York. My top 5 worst Knicks of all time are not based on every player to play for the Knicks. It is based on every Knick from the 90s to present. Here it goes:

5. Jamal Crawford(definitely the worst franchise player the Knicks have ever had)
    Tied for 4. Jerome James & Jared Jeffries(make 30 million each for being quiet and looking pretty)
    3. Charles Smith(overrated and did nothing on the Knicks; similar to Quentin Richardson-they're both were stars of crappy Clipper teams)
    2. Chris Childs(washed up pg that played well on the Nets and collapsed on the Knicks)
    1. Eddy Curry(overrated, overpayed, pampered by Isiah, contibutes nothing to the team other than salary trouble and a soft mentality)
    Last edited by abcd; Feb 12, 2008 at 21:39.