Knicks in the news! Randolph/Curry on the trading block.

Starks

Starter
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...urces_knicks_trying_to_unload_eddy_cur-2.html

According to the daily news Zach Randolph and Eddie Curry are on the trading block. For who is unknown. A trade could happen before the deadline. If it happens I don't see how Thomas can keep his job. Isn't trading the front court an admission of failure?

I still don't see any trade occuring. Curry's player value is down to Robert Traylor status- and Thomas might have too much of an ego an admit defeat by trading his "franchise player" away.

As for Zach, he can score, but his reputation makes him toxic.

It might be the only way he keeps his job! ha I'd love to have a new frontcourt... you? I hope he pulls off all these trade rumors and our second half of the season looks like this-

PG-??? Collins/Nate/DRAFT or another trade
SG-Crawford
SF-Artest
PF-J.O'neal
C-B.Wallace

Along with losing bad contracts in Z.Randolph,E.Curry,Q.Richardson,M.Rose along with probably F.Jones,R.Balkman and maby some fillers???
All I know is we suck and need despritly to get better! I hope all this works out... but I doubt it. I'd love to see my Knicks play some dam Defence before the end of this Decade! If Isiah can pull off all these trades while keeping Lee,Nate and most of our youth thats gotta buy him another year in NY right?

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think this is more of a Dolan move telling Grunwald to see what he can get...
It's a sure fire sign Isiah is on his way out.

NYKnicks15

Starter
actually isiah is seemingly getting one big deal left to him. i think if he messes this up before deadline hes screwed but at this point hes just on the hot seat.

both eddy and zach are on the block and unless we get Jermaine O'Neal in return (possibly VC to complete isiahs idea of a Crawford/Carter/Robinson rotation on the guard spots) dont look for zach to be moved unless something comes along quick.

look for eddy to have a chance to be moved first. more upside as zach has seen his potential. gms might be naive to say curry is playing badly due to less minutes, bad coaching and the arrival of zach. ill comment on the artest/thomas deal on the other thread so ill leave at this.

less than a week before deadline. a move is coming. probably on the day of

metrocard

Legend
Its too late.
Isiah has no reason being here.
Its just really sad and ridiculous we have to experience another Isiah trade.
Only important thing at this point is Isiah being fired, everything else is secondary.

paris401

Starter
Its too late.
Isiah has no reason being here.
Its just really sad and ridiculous we have to experience another Isiah trade.
Only important thing at this point is Isiah being fired, everything else is secondary.

i do not think that isiah has another trade in his bag of shit..

he likes the team he has assembled, and they are starting to jell.. he is going to ride em into the playoff's...

Kiyaman

Legend
Sacremento wants two of the three players from New York
David Lee
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson

New York need to get rid of three players this deadline
Zach
Q.Rich
and Fred Jones

Any new player added to this Knick Team should not get 30 mpg as soon as they put on the uniform. The Team dont have any chemistry or a decent Starting-5 because of a BUM Coach without a PLAN.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i do not think that isiah has another trade in his bag of shit..

he likes the team he has assembled, and they are starting to jell.. he is going to ride em into the playoff's...

c/s I think the teams been playing better and were gonna still make the playoffs. Crawford can lead us. I think Isiah is finally turning it around and were gonna start winning games.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
What I wanna know is why isn't Jamal Crawford on the trading block?
He averages 20 ppg for just 8 million a year. The Knicks should put everyone on the Knick starting lineup on the trade block, except Marbury(cause his contract is almost up and you aren't allowed to trade injured players)and Fred Jones cause he has good D. The #1 person Isiah MUST trade is Curry, but we could also use Crawford to get some draft picks.I don't think the Knicks should trade Randolph yet, but if an idiot offers us an expiring contract for him, then I'd do it.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think we should keep the team the way it is, like Paris said their starting to play better and Isiahs turning things around. Were playoff bound now.

Kiyaman

Legend
We "Knicks" are 15-36 before the ALL-STAR Break.
With uncompatible pet-players demanding playingtime (Starting-5).

Once you swallow that 15-36, you start to understand why the Miami Heat went out and got the "Matrix" to go alongside of "D-Wade" to get Two dominate 4th Quarter WINNING Players to co-exist for the rest of this season. The Offseason is where Pat Riley, D-Wade & Matrix have an audition for the missing PG and Center while Riley do his best to sign a "Ron Artest" to place alongside of D-Wade & Matrix.
The three-players may not make a Championship team, but they would be the team you dont want to get into a SERIES with.

Before anyone jump to any conclusions you have TWO players "K-Mart & Artest" that will change this sorry losing Knick Club into an exciting 48 mpg team that take every second serious for the WIN.

Those two players are hard working Gym Rats that apperance and personality in the Knicks Practice Facility that would revolutionize the weak mentality in the players and the coaching staff. These guys would bring out the best in the Knicks young hustling players and the veteran players that play to WIN.
Both Players "K-Mart & Artest" are 4th Quarter WINNERS.

What I liked the most about "K-Mart & Artest", were their second season in the NBA they took LEADERSHIP to their teams to the next level as if they were back in college (Pure Confidence).

Three (3) years of K-Mart, and three (3) years of Artest at $100 million is well worth turning this Knick Franchise around to a consistent WINNING Playoff team.
Spending all that money on Marbury, Hardaway, Jalen, Francis, Zach, and Coach Larry Brown dont add up to 25% of what "K-Mart & Artest" would bring to this Franchise. Within one offseason these guys would find the right PG and Center that brings WINS to this organization.