Curry to Dallas?

nyk_nyk

All Star
Alot of interesting opinions in here, heres mine. Curry would only set the Mavericks back. i dont want Stackhouse and Howard on the Knicks but if their contracts are expiring ill take them. Dallas should hold onto them and maybe look for more defense or wait for their contracts to expire.

I would not hesitate to trade Zach Randolph for Jermaine O'Neil. I dont care if hes injured half the time, he plays defense and his contract is 1 year shorter. It would be bad to make a move for Ben Wallace.
I agree, Jermaine o'neil is a much better player than Randolph even at 80%. I don't think Curry would set the Mavs back unless it cost them key players. In my opinion, a trade for Curry sets them back if they trade Josh Howard, Dirk or Terry to get him, which won't happen. They only way Curry will fit on a team is if they already have a great defensive system in place to make up for his dificiencies.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
People keep saying that we'll pick up Artest after his contact expires. All we can offer him is the mid-level exception (around $5 mil a year), since we are over the cap.

As much as Artest wants to play in New York, he is still a business man and will go where the money is. Unless we do a sign and trade at the end of the year, or pick him up before the trade deadline, Artest is not coming to the Knicks.

This is just another reason to blow up the roster for expiring contacts and draft picks.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
See I DONT see why they would make this trade at all unless they want more defense off the bench.. Ron is strictly really a STARTING small forward, the Nuggets shouldn't pull this trade off.

Marcus CAMBY /K- Mart
K-Mart./ Najeria
Anthony/Klezia(Artest no way)
AI/ Smith
Carter../AI/Diawara

My bad, i meant to respond to this before. I agree with what you said, it doesnt make sense to have Carmello and Artest. Im sure they would find room for him, thats what you gotta do when you got a defensive force like Artest.

nyk_nyk: Curry could set almost any team back, even if they got him for free.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
See the problem with a mid level exception is that its only $5 million. Artest is making 7. Something million and is wanting more. It might happen that the Knicks make a sign, and trade if they dont get him now. Artest wants 13 million for his next contract, which is really a lot of cash..

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
See the problem with a mid level exception is that its only $5 million. Artest is making 7. Something million and is wanting more. It might happen that the Knicks make a sign, and trade if they dont get him now. Artest wants 13 million for his next contract, which is really a lot of cash..

Its alot of cash but Artest deserves it after being underpayed all these years and Zach Randolph makin a little bit more then 13 million. The Knicks wouldnt have money to resign him so hed probally have to either except less money or the more probable, look for another team. If I was Arterst I wouldnt want to play on the Knicks until Isiahs gone, shits a disaster rite now. Some cleanin up needs to be done.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Now with the Nets-Mavs trade almost complete, Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse,Diop,George,Ager,2nd round pick for Jason Kidd, Malik Allen, and Antoine Wright. The Mavericks might not be done yet. Diop is no longer in Dallas, and DAmpier is out with an injury. Eddy Curry might be on their radar, but there is now NOBODY that the Knicks would need or want. Unless Terry is in the deal which also sends Jamal Crawford to the Mavericks. Mavericks without a question will be looking for a big man.

I hate Curry but if there is one team in the NBA that's a perfect fit for him it's Dallas. He is exactly what this Mavs team needs and you know none of his shenanigans will be tolerated there. He will be going there having to prove everything about his play and character. Something tells me Mark Cuban, Avery Johnson & Company will not tolerate him treating the buffet table like a snack bar.