Kidd traded to Dallas

Cakalusa

Benchwarmer
Kidd traded to Dallas in latest blockbuster deal

Less than 48 hours ago, Jason Kidd was privately telling people he feared he wouldn't get out of New Jersey before the trade deadline next week. Yet just when he was losing hope, the Nets agreed in principle to deliver the All-Star point guard to the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday afternoon, a source close to the negotiations told Yahoo! Sports.

Kidd and Malik Allen will go to Dallas for 24-year-old point guard Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, DeSagana Diop, Devean George, Maurice Ager, $3 million and two future No. 1 draft picks. In a side deal, the Nets sent guard Antoine Wright to Dallas for a future second-round pick.

Opinions on this trade? Who got the better deal?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Its an even deal to be, The Dallas Mavericks get back Kidd, but loose on expiring contracts, young players, and good help out players. But the Mavericks got the better of the deal. They will be the team to beat in the west with a triple double machine, and a high power offensive contributor.

Nets on the other hand got the best deal they could get out of any other trades they had earlier. They got a young developing pg from the west now playing in the east, and they got a big man Diop (expiring contract) that will help out. PLus there first round pick from last year will be getting more playing time (Marcus Williams )

Both teams got good deals out of it.

Pricey

Rotation player
Even with Kidd i doubt Dallas would makes the NBA Finals.
I cant believe they traded Harris with all those players, the kid is young and i thought was playing pretty well til he got injured. If they didnt trade Harris and sent all the others then i would think Dallas got a way better deal but i think New Jersey getting Harris and also 2 future 1st round picks, New Jersey get a better deal.

Pricey

Rotation player
Also, since Kidd is now a Maverick he wont be able to play for the EAST in the All-Star match will he?

Kiyaman

Legend
Also, since Kidd is now a Maverick he wont be able to play for the EAST in the All-Star match will he?

The first thing that came to mind was "Kidd will not be an ALL-STAR" (no matter how many votes he received).
Second the Nets got rid of a BIG DEAD Weight in Antoine Wright.
Deven Harris is worth the trade. Stackhouse is a headache but great work ethics.

Pricey

Rotation player
Stackhouse will only be at New Jersey for a little bit then will go back to Dallas after a 30 day clause once his contract is bought out by New Jersey.
Trading 2 1st rd draft picks to me put the edge of the trade in New Jerseys favour

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Yeah but those picks will be late on the first round considering the Mavs will be solid in the next few years. I doubt it will be like the Eddy Curry Trade where the Knicks could of potentially given up a star. I still like the trade for both sides. Kidd will have a much better seson with the Mavs cuz he now has the pieces around him in Nowitzki and Howard. As for the Nets you get expiring contracts and two 1st rounders to rebuild with. You can't really say who got the better of it. The trade for Gasol on the other hand was definately the move to make for LA. Until we see how deep these upgraded Western Conference teams go into the Playoffs we can't really judge who made the best trade.