5 MOST OVERRATED KNICKS OF ALL TIME: You gotta bost

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Camby was one of my favorites when he was a Knick but that dont mean I have to be biased, he was injured all the time and even his first couple of years with denver. He helped us reach the 99 finals when Ewing got hurt so I can see where both of you are comin from on this one.

For the record, my vote goes to bugs bunny for dumbass poster of the year, dude cant even spell and he came out of the closet the other day.
I like Camby, too(no homo). I'm actually a fan of everyone I put on the list,and I'm a fan of everyone that plays for the Knicks. The thread was about putting people you thought was overrated, so I did. It's just an opinion. I put him there, cause I thought it was unfair when people thought the Knicks were better without Ewing and praised Camby as if he was gonna make the team win a championship.Not everyone thought this, but there was a lot of people that were saying this, which doesn't make sense, considering Camby is injury prone and is not as good as Ewing. Nyknicks126 just overreacted.He confused overrated with that I thought those guys suck. I would never say Latell Sprewell(an all star) or Camby(defensive player of the year) suck.And I actually didn't say that, although there seems to be speculation as if I did.

New New York

Quiet Storm
This thread has controversy written all over it.

Yeah I think I should have been more specific on overrated! But it's all good until someone gets mad about a post. Seriously when you see something you don't agree with, just attack it with facts that support your argument, but don't go after the dude who said it! Anyways I got another ranking coming up that shouldn't be soo controversial.

metrocard

Legend
This thread is terrible; with all the losing and failure Knicks have been going through you would think Knick fans today would atleast miss guys like Sprewell, Camby, and etc. Making a thread calling them overrated when they did their job, entertained us and brought us wins in years that were very golden to now is very ignorant. This is the type of thing that makes you question a fan's love to a team; its like not appreciating good sex with an ex or something.

This isn't really a place with how you feel, go see a therapist; but we all don't have to agree on the same thing.

I just think its ludacris to hate on a legend like Sprewell; what he left on the court symbolized what this team is suppose to be about; toughness, relentlessness, and pride; alot with his skill and talent(Sprewell was an elite perimeter player in the 90's, greatest defender to ever guard Jordan).

Surprisingly though the elite posters of this site turned this garbage thread into a tough debate between abcd and knicks126, what a match up.

I could see ABCD's agruement of where Camby "was overrated" because he couldn't stay healthy, but I'm more closely tied with the arguement of overrated being too harsh on Camby mainly because Camby was and is one of my favorite big men in the NBA.

I don't really see overrated Knicks from the past, because most of them brought us good times; so its hard to label them with a negative term.

But the definite number one is

1. Crawford; isn't really clutch. Never took the Knicks to the playoffs; being clutch in the regular season is irrelevant anyway; plus Crawford has choked a lot more times than being clutch. The worst play in Knicks history is the Crawford Iso; which has a 20-30% positive result of Crawford hitting a circus shot and 70-80% negative result of Crawford turning it over or bricking or even air balling a shot. Crawford is the most soft player in Knicks history; he made Maciej Lampe look like a thug. He seems afraid of contact even though he has the ability to get to the basket fairly easy. Defensively, Crawford is an elite at being the worst in Knicks history. Never really had a good performance defensively in his career as a Knick. Finally, Crawford is the biggest loser in Knicks history. So many games started without appearing in the playoffs, so many losses in his career. The fact he's still on this team is depressing.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like Camby, too(no homo). I'm actually a fan of everyone I put on the list,and I'm a fan of everyone that plays for the Knicks. The thread was about putting people you thought was overrated, so I did. It's just an opinion. I put him there, cause I thought it was unfair when people thought the Knicks were better without Ewing and praised Camby as if he was gonna make the team win a championship.Not everyone thought this, but there was a lot of people that were saying this, which doesn't make sense, considering Camby is injury prone and is not as good as Ewing. Nyknicks126 just overreacted.He confused overrated with that I thought those guys suck. I would never say Latell Sprewell(an all star) or Camby(defensive player of the year) suck.And I actually didn't say that, although there seems to be speculation as if I did.

yea man its all good I agree with alot of what you say, i see where you comin from with alot of this, although i dont fully agree i respect it. I remember people hypin camby up to much, he didnt live up to his potential until he played for Denver. He wouldve eventually with the Knicks but he wasnt give that chance.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
This thread is terrible; with all the losing and failure Knicks have been going through you would think Knick fans today would atleast miss guys like Sprewell, Camby, and etc. Making a thread calling them overrated when they did their job, entertained us and brought us wins in years that were very golden to now is very ignorant. This is the type of thing that makes you question a fan's love to a team; its like not appreciating good sex with an ex or something.

This isn't really a place with how you feel, go see a therapist; but we all don't have to agree on the same thing.

I just think its ludacris to hate on a legend like Sprewell; what he left on the court symbolized what this team is suppose to be about; toughness, relentlessness, and pride; alot with his skill and talent(Sprewell was an elite perimeter player in the 90's, greatest defender to ever guard Jordan).

Surprisingly though the elite posters of this site turned this garbage thread into a tough debate between abcd and knicks126, what a match up.

I could see ABCD's agruement of where Camby "was overrated" because he couldn't stay healthy, but I'm more closely tied with the arguement of overrated being too harsh on Camby mainly because Camby was and is one of my favorite big men in the NBA.

I don't really see overrated Knicks from the past, because most of them brought us good times; so its hard to label them with a negative term.

1. Crawford; isn't really clutch. Never took the Knicks to the playoffs; being clutch in the regular season is irrelevant anyway; plus Crawford has choked a lot more times than being clutch. The worst play in Knicks history is the Crawford Iso; which has a 20-30% positive result of Crawford hitting a circus shot and 70-80% negative result of Crawford turning it over or bricking or even air balling a shot. Crawford is the most soft player in Knicks history; he made Maciej Lampe look like a thug. He seems afraid of contact even though he has the ability to get to the basket fairly easy. Defensively, Crawford is an elite at being the worst in Knicks history. Never really had a good performance defensively in his career as a Knick. Finally, Crawford is the biggest loser in Knicks history. So many games started without appearing in the playoffs, so many losses in his career. The fact he's still on this team is depressing.
I agree. Camby is one of my favorite Centers, too, and I was being too harsh by saying he was overrated. What I should've said was how I feel, which is he didn't play as many games as he should've, due to injuries, and he is not better than Patrick Ewing, which is why there was no way the Knicks were gonna be better with him in the starting lineup in place of Ewing.I wish Camby was still on the Knicks, cause he's a great rebounder and defender, and since he doesn't score a lot, we could sorround him with jump shooters and maybe our team wouldn't be so crappy.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
c/s your entire post.

As for the ABCD vs NYKnicks126, im cool wit both of you so im stayin out of it, but as for Chris Childs I liked him and always thought he was a key part to our success in the late 90's. Statistically he was garbage but he played within the team system and was a good role player. The same thing goes for Charlie Ward, his stats were bad but he was a real good defender/team player. I do disagree with ABCD but its cool, most of the time I agree with him and as Starks pointed out the word "overrated" can be interpreted different ways.

5. Allan Houston - I hate to put him on this list, its not his fault. The reason why hes on here is because of Scott Layden. Houston was a great player offensively, I use to criticize his defense but now Crawford makes Houston look like a great defender. I realize now I shouldve enjoyed Houston and those Knicks more instead of complainin about how Spree would be better at the 2-guard spot. I use to hope Houston would get traded even though I always liked him. This is my biggest regret as a Knicks fan, the teams from 99 to when Isiah took over didnt look good on paper but they really overachieved. I wish i could go back and enjoy watchin those Knicks, this group now is a bunch of homo-clowns.

4. David Lee - Another player who I wish i didnt have to put on my list but some Knicks fans talk to highly of him. I think hes good enough to start but I dont think hes a future all-star. I hope he proves me wrong and becomes more of a threat offensively, hes been lookin better (no homo) on offense but still has a ways to go. Lee's a hard working player, has a great work ethic and could end up suprising me.

3. Glen Rice - We gave up Patrick Ewing for this bum. I think he had a couple of good games but the big 3 (H20, Spree, and Rice) didnt work out.

2. Eddy Curry - Franchise player? Dont think so

1. Jamal Crawford - See the official Crawford sucks thread. His defense is non-existant, his shooting percentages are terrible. Everytime I run into a fan and they say Crawford is the best player on this team I want to murk them. Thats a f*ckin joke. That stupid member on here who cant spell likes crawford for whatever reason, whats his name again, is it Bugs Bunny or cartoons, sumthin like that. Crawfords stats show that he shoots more 3 pointers then free throws which makes him a Pussy. Go to the rim, draw the foul. I even heard knicks fans say if we had a better record Crawford would be an all-star.:barf:

You and I haven't always seen eye to eye but this is by far the most accurate post I've read so far. Kudos for having the testicular fortitude to put Houston on your list.

5. Antonio McDice - One of the most injury prone players in Knicks history. For us he was an absolute waist of space.

4. Allan Houston - Great shooter with a huge ego to match is contract. This clown once said he was the greatest shooting guard in the league when it was at the time questionable if he was the best shooting guard on the team. Again, not knocking his skill. He hit some great shots but that's what great shooters do. I can't say he was a great shooting guard.

3. Kurt Thomas - If you are young but old enough to remember Kurt you probably think he was the shit but he wasn't. If you measure Kurt Thomas to today's forwards sporting a Knicks uniform he looks like the f'king man, but measure him to Oakley or Mason and he's soft by comparison. (Go ask your father or uncle)

2. Eddie Curry - I supported him, believed in him and to a certain degree I still do. But the fact is I'd only be making excuses for him. Curry should be doing and can do so much more. Under the right tutelage I hope he can one day be a Shaq like player but I don't think it will be with the Knicks.

1. David Lee - Lee gets my number one spot and is the most over rated player, possibly in the history of the franchise. Lee is a good young player, but ask any poster up here and he's Moses. Several of you actually think Lee should start over Randolph. I want what ever you guys are smoking. Again, Lee is good but he's a role player. He's no Kevin Durant or even a Renaldo Balkman in my opinion. He is NOT untradable.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think Lee is overrated because hes white. I hate to say it but thats the truth. Hes still a solid player but I do think he should start over Eddy McFlurry.

Thats funny what you said about Kurt Thomas, hes one of my favorites but your right, compared to players like Oakley and Mason he would be considered soft. Right now hes considered at least by me one of the most rugged and experienced players in the league. I would gladly take him back on the Knicks, most of my trade proposals involve re-acquiring him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think Lee is overrated because hes white. I hate to say it but thats the truth. Hes still a solid player but I do think he should start over Eddy McFlurry.

Thats funny what you said about Kurt Thomas, hes one of my favorites but your right, compared to players like Oakley and Mason he would be considered soft. Right now hes considered at least by me one of the most rugged and experienced players in the league. I would gladly take him back on the Knicks, most of my trade proposals involve re-acquiring him.
Amen! I agree. If David Lee was black, I bet he would be criticized way more than he does. People talk so much trash about Zach Randolph, yet Randolph puts up double-doubles, just like Lee, and he's more talented than Lee.And Randolph may not have defense, but Lee isn't a good defender either. He tries to play defense, but trying and doing are two different things.I'm not trying to defend Randolph, cause his face would be in the dictionary next to no defense, but it's true.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Kurt Thomas is not soft. He's a good rebounder and defender.Soft is Curry.

Your right, to say he was ever soft is goin too far but mason and oakley were alot harder then him (no homo). Nowadays Kurt Thomas is like the Kool G Rap/Ice Cube/DMX/Styles P/Hell Rell of basketball.

It was great to see you and KNicks126 battle, im always involved in the KO beef and it was nice to see some beef between others, there was some name callin and I was lovin every second of it, im sure metro enjoyed it as well.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Your right, to say he was ever soft is goin too far but mason and oakley were alot harder then him (no homo). Nowadays Kurt Thomas is like the Kool G Rap/Ice Cube/DMX/Styles P/Hell Rell of basketball.

It was great to see you and KNicks126 battle, im always involved in the KO beef and it was nice to see some beef between others, there was some name callin and I was lovin every second of it, im sure metro enjoyed it as well.
LOL! You definitely had to a put a no homo after saying Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason are harder than Kurt Thomas. My head was in the gutter, the minute you mentioned it.Lol, that was kind of funny, me and NYK126.It's just a matter of opinion, though, so I don't got no problems with nyk126. I've seen his threads and posts, and most of them are good. I'm not gonna say any names, but there's people in here that make some terrible posts and threads. Most people's threads are pretty good, but you got some people sayin crazy sh#t.I remember one thread where someone said the Knicks were gonna turn things around and make the playoffs. Meanwhile, the Knicks were 9-26 at the time.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
K abcd, I just got pissed thats all, I got carried away, didn't mean to be all that offensive. You had your points, I had mine, but I never EVER said that Ewing=Camby, lol. I am going to end this arguement by saying Marcus Camby was a factor during the 99 playoffs and thats a fact. So no harm done. We all agree on JAMAL Crawford being OVERrated, and EC. Those guys will never be franchise players, they should be D League All Stars, or at best an NBA sixth man.

Off watching the ALL STAR events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (We should post on metros thread) (good thread by the way)

Guys remember when Marcus Camby accidentally punched Van Gundy in the head lol!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
K abcd, I just got pissed thats all, I got carried away, didn't mean to be all that offensive. You had your points, I had mine, but I never EVER said that Ewing=Camby, lol. I am going to end this arguement by saying Marcus Camby was a factor during the 99 playoffs and thats a fact. So no harm done. We all agree on JAMAL Crawford being OVERrated, and EC. Those guys will never be franchise players, they should be D League All Stars, or at best an NBA sixth man.

Off watching the ALL STAR events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (We should post on metros thread) (good thread by the way)

Guys remember when Marcus Camby accidentally punched Van Gundy in the head lol!
What I notice about the Knicks is that nobody on the team is really a star.They make good role players, but people keep trying to make them what they're not. Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph could be good role players, if their minutes were cut and if they were sorrounded by players who actually have defense.Quentin Richardson would be better, if he wasn't so injury prone,and if he took less 3 pointers and used his post up game more often.I think Curry is just useless. He has too many flaws to even be a good role player.He needs to go to the D League and get sued for his entire 55 million dollar contract, for trying to use Oakley's number.Marbury is the only All Star on the team, but he's currently injured, and he can't make a crappy team with Curry and Crawford successful.

metrocard

Legend
4. Allan Houston - Great shooter with a huge ego to match is contract. This clown once said he was the greatest shooting guard in the league when it was at the time questionable if he was the best shooting guard on the team. Again, not knocking his skill. He hit some great shots but that's what great shooters do. I can't say he was a great shooting guard.

3. Kurt Thomas - If you are young but old enough to remember Kurt you probably think he was the shit but he wasn't. If you measure Kurt Thomas to today's forwards sporting a Knicks uniform he looks like the f'king man, but measure him to Oakley or Mason and he's soft by comparison. (Go ask your father or uncle)

1. David Lee - Lee gets my number one spot and is the most over rated player, possibly in the history of the franchise. Lee is a good young player, but ask any poster up here and he's Moses. Several of you actually think Lee should start over Randolph. I want what ever you guys are smoking. Again, Lee is good but he's a role player. He's no Kevin Durant or even a Renaldo Balkman in my opinion. He is NOT untradable.

Fight me.:whack:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree with him that Kurt Thomas isnt as hard (no homo) as Anthony Mason and Oakley but no way should he be on this list. David Lee at #1? F*ck no, Crawford owns the #1 spot.

metrocard

Legend
Kurt Thomas was THEE MOTHAFUCKING enforcer; no one is as hardbody as Oak and Mas, so lets forget about that. Kurt Thomas did EVERYTHING you want your PF to do; set screens, play the pick and roll, hit the jumper, rebounder, defend, a steal here and block there; consistency, toughness, always committed to defense and tough.

Kurt Thomas was the best player on the Knicks at one point, he was very underrated.

David Lee is UNDERRATED; he gets no TOUCHES, especially playing with Randolph, Crawford, and Curry and still manages to produce points, rebounds, and now he has his jumper falling. He is TRADEABLE, I can't disagree with that, but he's the best player on this team; therefor cannot be overrated. He's an 18 and 12 player on a team that gives him more minutes and touches.

Allan Houston had no ego, and was a WINNER and a leader. He wasn't Kobe, but was the greatest shooter in Knicks history. Pay the respect.

DonChris and his out of reality post, damn.

IHS

Rookie
You and I haven't always seen eye to eye but this is by far the most accurate post I've read so far. Kudos for having the testicular fortitude to put Houston on your list.

5. Antonio McDice - One of the most injury prone players in Knicks history. For us he was an absolute waist of space.

2. Eddie Curry - I supported him, believed in him and to a certain degree I still do. But the fact is I'd only be making excuses for him. Curry should be doing and can do so much more. Under the right tutelage I hope he can one day be a Shaq like player but I don't think it will be with the Knicks.

Lee is not the most overrated player on this team.

Crawford takes that award, with curry coming in a close second

I remember reading an Eddy Curry article in Slam which showed him in front of his mansions saying he was devastated about missing out on the all star game.

EDDY is not and never will be an all star. Eddy is currently the worst starting centre. This is not to get mixed up with potential.

Lee is a good player for this team, given crawford minutes he would be a 17/12 guy which is what randolph is. So he deserves the start.

The weakest link on this team is curry. Replace him with any other top 10 centre team and I guarantee you we would have a better record.

Fred Wies, and that Polish guy lol overated

New New York

Quiet Storm

Spree was the Greatest defender to Guard MJ??? Well Micheal Himself said that the best Defenders he faced were Mitch Richmond and Joe Dumars, he never made mention of Spree. But I agree Spree did play solid D. Never said that he wasnt still a great player.

So let me get this straight because I'm talking about players who are overrated in a time when the team is losing then that makes me less of a Knicks fan? So by that logic you are less of a NBA fan because you talk bad about Isiah Thomas who was a star in the league at the league's pinnacle. Or how about this, I shouldnt talk bad about Charles Smith because he played on winning Knick teams.

I can make a thread about whatever the hell I want to, if you dont like it, just read it and don't post and K.I.M! The Thread got love, you just mad that people still posted after you initially hated on it! Ingnore the ignorance was what you said, and you still posted 3 times! LOL, I know you love my style you just don't know how to say it, don't worry it shows fam! Shout out to all of those who can think for themselves. Being a man who can stand on your own two is not for everybody!