Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curry to Dallas?

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Default Curry to Dallas?

There are reports that Eddy Curry won't mind any trade. Since the Dallas Mavericks were looking for a big man last week with that Shaq deal. Dallas is STILL interested in a big man, that leaves Eddy Curry's future in the West? Dallas Could be looking for a trade to make themselves better. Pau to the Lakers big man, Shaq to the Suns. Dallas could be next.

I see nobody on the Mavericks the Knicks would want or need, plus they wont part with Terry, or Josh Howard. So the only reasonable player the Knicks might not knowing Isiah is Devin Harris's 6 year contract.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Stackhouse and Juwan Howard for Curry would work! Howard is an underrated vet with a great work ethic. Both players have expiring contracts. Don't know if Dallas would go for it but if they are desperate to get a big man it could work with out them giving up much.

Originally Posted by donchris
    Stackhouse and Juwan Howard for Curry would work! Howard is an underrated vet with a great work ethic. Both players have expiring contracts. Don't know if Dallas would go for it but if they are desperate to get a big man it could work with out them giving up much.
    If that trade works in the tade checker machine, then that's the best deal I think the knicks and dallas can come up with.

ANYTHING to get that fat tub of **** out of NYC. Whats even better is that stack and howard expire, so we don't even have to get used to them

I cant see why Dallas would be interested in Curry. Why wouldnt they pursue Dalembert or a center with talent? But if Dallas would trade Stack and Howard i'd sign off on it.

Getrealistic you never get anything.. The Mavericks only have Diop has a Center big man... So getting Curry would be better then nothing.. Since Dallas relies on offense Curry would be an okay fit. Since Dallas have seen a lot of trades goin on for big men in the west, they to want a center, without giving up that much.

Diop and dampier are much more valuable then curry. Plus they have plenty of guys who can Score. They need guys to defend Shaq, Gasol, Duncan, Bynum, etc and Curry can't do that.

Why'd Dallas go to the finals a few years ago? They started playing defense

True, but why were they the best team in the league last year then? They weren't the best defensively. but then again lost to the explosive Warriors in the first round. Dampier is old, and OVERpaid, but he does bring more on the table as for defense goes. He is getting injuried often, and he is just goin down skill wise. So Curry will be persuited on during the trading deadline unless he is already traded to the kings.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Getrealistic you never get anything.. The Mavericks only have Diop has a Center big man... So getting Curry would be better then nothing.. Since Dallas relies on offense Curry would be an okay fit. Since Dallas have seen a lot of trades goin on for big men in the west, they to want a center, without giving up that much.
    Getrealistic is actually on point for some one that believes the hype they read in this forum. The majority of posters would have you believe that no one is tradable in NY and Curry is completely useless. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Curry on the verge of becoming an All-star last season? The real problem is Thomas has no clear vision. First we were to be a guard driven 'Suns' like offense team, then came Curry and 'the offense goes through our new franchise center' to Z bo and 'We're a power team'. All of this hurt Curry's development. I think he is not a workhorse but with the right coaching and encouragement he can become a dominate force. If I think this, then I'm sure some GMs that need a big man may be thinking the same thing.

Dallas isn't afraid to spend money. They've got Dirk so bringing in Curry may be a gamble but not necessarily a bad one. And remember, they are trying to keep up with the Jones (Lakers and Suns). It's a chess game.
    Curry will make the Mavs better than Shaq will make the Suns.

Its not hype its one of the largest buero of sports information in the United States. I to believe the Curry would make the Mavs better, I just dont want Stack, and Juan Howard on this team.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It's no doubt that Curry would give the Mavs a low post presence that they haven't seen in a while, but I think their immediate need is a big man who can DEFEND the post against guys like Duncan, Shaq, Gasol, Bynum, Yao... Curry is not that guy!

You can say that The Dallas Mavericks just might be desprate like the Suns were when they found out that Dallas and Miami are talking about a trade involving Shaq. The Mavericks might pull a trade off, but then again who knows whats going on with the other trades the Knicks are following like Jermaine O'Neal, Ben Wallace, Ron Artest, etc.

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    You can say that The Dallas Mavericks just might be desprate like the Suns were when they found out that Dallas and Miami are talking about a trade involving Shaq. The Mavericks might pull a trade off, but then again who knows whats going on with the other trades the Knicks are following like Jermaine O'Neal, Ben Wallace, Ron Artest, etc.
    Jermaine O'Neil has been injured all season long so thats not an option, Ben Wallace isn't the same player and makes a lot of money and all we have to do is sit back and wait for Artest cause he'll be here on his own.

I hope you are right, I am not saying that I want either of the two O'Neal or B. Wallace, I prefer O'Neal..but anyway, those are the facts around NBA rumor mills. I want Ron Artest on the Knicks badly. He would be so much better in the Eastern Conference.

Artest is going to go to the Nuggets fellas.

hmm. WOW if that happens the Nuggets in the team to beat in the Western Conference.

"Sure, they'll consider Artest. It's hard to disregard the availability of one of the NBA's better defenders. But Artest is looking to sign for, likely, a $13 million-per-year contract this summer. Denver doesn't have the cap room for that (keep your eye on Philadelphia). So if the Nuggets deal for Artest, they will have to deal Linas Kleiza, who is playing well and still on his first contract, and maybe the 2008 draft pick, who if Denver kept, would, obviously, also be on his first contract."

-Denver Post

even if this goes, through if I was the GM for Sac. I would take a deal from NY. Plus Artests contract runs out in the summer, Knicks will most likely pick up, if otherwise dealt to the Knicks at the tradedeadline.