Envying the Hawks right now

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
After that trade they pulled off for Bibby, the Hawks are starting to be a really fun team to watch IMO. I've been a true Knicks fan since 94, somewhat been a semi-fan for the Celts (Ya i know some of ya are gonna hate me) cause of Pierce since 2002. And now I think this young Hawks team is starting to get interesting. I've been a Josh Smith fan since last season. And I've always wanted to say we should try to get him if we could (it's nearly impossible now). Artest could be nice for the Knicks but I would have preferred Josh Smith. He's like Shawn Marion. And I believe he's gonna be much much better than The Matrix. He brings a lot of defense and like Shawn Marion, you don't actually have to run plays on him. If there's an allstar in Atlanta, it should have been Smith, not J.Johnson. Bibby could have been great for the Knicks too. Anyway well now Atlanta is a well crafted team.

Seems like the Hawks are on their way home. The Knicks unfortunately are still figuring out which way to go. I just hope the Knicks don't become the mediocre Hawks of previous years who didn't know how to group and pick the right players. Then again, the Knicks seem to be on their way there.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Kings have agreed in principle to trade Mike Bibby to the Atlanta Hawks for guards Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue and forwards Lorenzen Wright and Sheldon Williams.

The deal is contingent upon league approval that could come as early as today, and there is a 1 p.m. conference call scheduled between the two teams and league officials. If you need a point guard, pick up Beno Udrih right away. It's possible veterans Johnson and Lue will poach too many of his minutes, but it's worth owning him until we're sure.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Wow. That definitely came out of nowhere.

Great deal for the Hawks. They basically turned a bust of a pick in Shelden Williams and 3 expiring deals attached to players with no future on the team into a quality PG in Mike Bibby. Add him to Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams and Al Horford and that is a nice lineup. And if Bibby opts out this summer and leaves, no big deal for them. All it cost them was the aforementioned bust.

Not to mention that even if Bibby doesn't opt out after this season, he only has 1 more year left on his deal ($14 million). This allows time for Acie Law IV to develop off the bench rather than rush him into the starting role. If Bibby stays on the team for 2008-2009 and then leaves, Law IV should be ready to be a starter for the 09-10 season.

C- Horford
PF- Josh Smith
SF- Marvin Williams
SG- Joe Johnson
PG- Mike Bibby

Bench: Josh Childress, Acie Law, Pachulia, and Claxton.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Well, I've always been a fan of Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, and Al Horford, ever since they came to Atlanta, and I thought Joe Johnson played great in Phoenix, especially in the Playoffs.I think it's good for them that they got themselves a point guard that can help them in the playoffs.I don't really envy Atlanta, cause Mike Bibby isn't the kind of player we need. He's an offensive guard, and we already have point guards that can score.I envy the Lakers for getting Gasol for practically nothing and that Isiah didn't make an offer to try and get Gasol.Isiah Thomas reported that he made an offer last summer, but if you remember, Isiah was saying Curry is "untouchable", meaning he didn't offer Curry. I believe the Grizzlies would've definitely took Curry, cause it would've given them cap room, and he's a center that can score down low.

Kiyaman

Legend
Whats funny is everyone kept saying the Kings are not going to make any trade unless they unload Kenny Thomas contract.
The Hawks did'nt think so.
Is Isiah Thomas the only Gulible G.M. these days???

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
After that trade they pulled off for Bibby, the Hawks are starting to be a really fun team to watch IMO. I've been a true Knicks fan since 94, somewhat been a semi-fan for the Celts (Ya i know some of ya are gonna hate me) cause of Pierce since 2002. And now I think this young Hawks team is starting to get interesting. I've been a Josh Smith fan since last season. And I've always wanted to say we should try to get him if we could (it's nearly impossible now). Artest could be nice for the Knicks but I would have preferred Josh Smith. He's like Shawn Marion. And I believe he's gonna be much much better than The Matrix. He brings a lot of defense and like Shawn Marion, you don't actually have to run plays on him. If there's an allstar in Atlanta, it should have been Smith, not J.Johnson. Bibby could have been great for the Knicks too. Anyway well now Atlanta is a well crafted team.

Seems like the Hawks are on their way home. The Knicks unfortunately are still figuring out which way to go. I just hope the Knicks don't become the mediocre Hawks of previous years who didn't know how to group and pick the right players. Then again, the Knicks seem to be on their way there.
I think you're crazy for ever liking the Celtics, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Whats funny is everyone kept saying the Kings are not going to make any trade unless they unload Kenny Thomas contract.
The Hawks did'nt think so.
Is Isiah Thomas the only Gulible G.M. these days???
I agree. Isiah's an idiot. They asked Isiah why he didn't make an offer for Gasol, and look at his stupid response. We investigated it last summer, and they didn't accept our offer. However, if you remember, Isiah was saying Curry is "untouchable." Eddy Curry, the same guy that has no defense, rebounding, heart, or passing ability is untouchable. I guess when you don't offer your 19.5 ppg "star" I could see why the Grizzlies would turn down your offer. Isiah is just an idiot. I bet you if the Grizzlies had Larry Hughes, he'd offer 5 draft picks and his entire roster.Isiah even had a chance to trade Curry now, cause the Lakers only gave up Aaron McKie(who they signed the same day of the trade), Kwame Brown, and some draft picks that are going to be around 25th-30th(also known as crappy draft picks) and they got him.

Starks

Starter
I can't believe I'm saying this but the pathetic Atlanta Hawks have just made themselves better than the Knicks.

Now we can't say the Knicks are like the Hawks...wow. Hell has officially froze over

metrocard

Legend
if Hawks would of kept Rasheed Wallace(if anyone remembers the trade before he went to Detroit), they would of been a solid ass team with Terry Wallace Smith etc and etc.

Horford is going to be better than Rasheed though, dude is a monster; once he develops confidence offensively theres no telling how good he'll get. Sorta like a less athletic Dwight Howard with more skill and fundamentals right now.

Bibby can only be an effective PG for the Hawks for 2-3 years, he's on the decline and just came off an injury. Hawks just still to develop a PG for the future; Acie Law maybe but I felt like they pass on a lot of elite PG's in the past, especially Chris Paul that will haunt them for years to come.

I'm not really jealous of the Hawks, except they have Horford; passing on Chris Paul is inexcusable.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I can't believe I'm saying this but the pathetic Atlanta Hawks have just made themselves better than the Knicks.

Now we can't say the Knicks are like the Hawks...wow. Hell has officially froze over
I think Atlanta became better than the Knicks, since the beginning of this year. They were winning a lot of games early on, and they were playing above .500 ball for the first month and a half.The Knicks, on the other hand, played above .500 ball for a week, and now they've fallen to 15-37. lol

Pricey

Rotation player
I listened to Barkley talkign about Horford during the All-Star break and he reckons he is going to be a monster and one of the next big things.
Even though it was just a muck around game against the sophmores, Horford lookd awesome.

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
I listened to Barkley talkign about Horford during the All-Star break and he reckons he is going to be a monster and one of the next big things.
Even though it was just a muck around game against the sophmores, Horford lookd awesome.

I hate to be offf subject but did anypne catch what Sir charles himself said about our fav powerforward he said if this guy was on a better team he would be very scarey .... meaning the knicks suck and atlanta has a great future and we should try to start over try to get some epiring contract get rid of dead weight player and draft derrick rose and or beasly and start over

Kiyaman

Legend
I hate to be offf subject but did anypne catch what Sir charles himself said about our fav powerforward he said if this guy was on a better team he would be very scarey .... meaning the knicks suck and atlanta has a great future and we should try to start over try to get some epiring contract get rid of dead weight player and draft derrick rose and or beasly and start over

What Favorite PF are you talking about? not Zach Randolph!

The Knicks Best PF is David Lee.

What has been missing on this Knick Team from lastseason?
1) The force-feeding Eddy Curry down low, which only needed Curry to learn how to pass the ball when doubled & trippled teamed.
2) Curry was the first option on offense, this season Curry has been the 4th & 5th option on offense.
3) No steady scoring from the bench-Players.

Isiah Thomas is destroying this Knick team the same way the Portland Trail-Blazers destroyed their team making Zach Randolph the first & second option on offense.
Rasheed Wallace fitted right into the Detroit Piston rotation because he is a great weapon as a 3rd option on offense. Zach is not 25% as good as Rasheed.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
I think you're crazy for ever liking the Celtics, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Haha well like i said, i knew some of ya are gonna start hating. Anyway well just to clarify my message, i don't envy the Hawks to the point that they're gonna be my favorite team.. or even close to. I just envy how they've finally put up a great team for the next 3-5 years. I mean look at them, Johnson, Smith, Horford! Their supporting cast is a respectable group as well. Yup Bibby will probably last maybe just another 2 seasons. Heck he might not even re-sign after this season. But still I think their point guard prob won't be much of a problem for long. On the other side of the track there's our Knicks which is a couple of years from forming this kind of team the Hawks have. I'm just hoping we don't go through the same length of mediocre years the Hawks have gone thru before they got to this point. IMO no one on our team is untouchable. I'm serious. NO ONE! Furthermore I think it's time all us Knicks fans accept a rebuilding mode and try to acquire young promising players and try to get high draft picks the next few seasons. Then again let me reiterate myself in saying I just hope it doesn't take THAT long to finally have a young (with maybe one or two proven veterans) and exciting Knicks team that's a LOCKED-ON playoff team. Hmm... my prediction is around 2010-2011 season (That is if we do rebuild starting now).