Salary Cap situation MUST be Fixed

stevie

Benchwarmer
we need to trade with cleveland

Cleveland is the perfect partner to help us get under the cap. They are looking to improve and they have plenty of players that will be off the books next year and the year after.

For example

Illgusgas (sorry bout spelling) 2 years left 10 million per year
Marshall 1 year left i think 6 million per year
Snow 1 year left 5 million per year
Hughes 2 years left 12 million per year

We may be able to get rid of all three players that have us over the cap for the next 3 years

Randolph
Crawford
Jefferies

We might even be able to get them to throw in a draft pic

stevie

Benchwarmer
here it is on trade machine

I wouldnt be surprised if we could get them to throw in a draft pic as well

New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3045.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Eric Snow
Salary: $6,703,125 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 0.9 REB: 0.9 AST: 2.0 PER: 4.08
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3251.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Larry Hughes
Salary: $12,000,084 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 12.0 REB: 3.6 AST: 2.4 PER: 12.09
2627.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Donyell Marshall
Salary: $5,566,965 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.3 REB: 3.0 AST: 0.4 PER: 9.05
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford, Jared Jeffries
cle.gif
Cleveland Cavaliers

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3531.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Zach Randolph
Salary: $13,333,333 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 17.3 REB: 10.3 AST: 2.0 PER: 17.42
3407.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Jamal Crawford
Salary: $7,920,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 20.3 REB: 2.8 AST: 4.8 PER: 15.20
3609.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Jared Jeffries
Salary: $5,632,200 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 2.6 REB: 2.7 AST: 0.8 PER: 6.88
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall
<!--end leftcol --><!-- end this div -->

paris401

Starter
i thought the cav's are looking to make a trade to improve... zach as an upgrade... to whom???... jefferies... his "D" is way over-rated.. and is "O"... well he has none

as to jamal.. just what the cav's need a shooter who hits 10 of 14 tonite, and 4 of 18 tommorrow..

i'm sorry but we have nothing that other teams want... maybe i am wrong, i guess we'll see in the next 48hrs...the clock is ticking.. tick...tick...tick...

metrocard

Legend
Everyone read closely and see how I clarify my position while simultaneously ethering metro, again!

The New York Knicks are valued at $592,000,000. Their annual revenue is a whopping $185,000,000. This is higher than any team in the league.
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/32/biz_06nba_NBA-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

Metro do you know why the NBA has a salary cap? Don't worry, it's a rhetorical question. Open book test puss. The purpose of the salary cap is to limit the amount teams can spend on player contracts to maintain competitive balance in the league. The league uses a soft cap that allows teams to exceed the salary cap with out penalty. This explains why 26 of the leagues 30 teams are over the cap. This is my point in saying that the cap is 'overrated'. Don't confuse my words. What makes the Knicks a mismanaged team to say the least is that Thomas is the black Santa close, giving large contracts to underachieving players and trading expiring contracts for mediocre one dimensional scorers. (Jerome James, Jared Jeffries) That's an issue with management. All I'm saying is financially the Knicks are still a solid investment and the number one money maker for the NBA. But again, Labron James is the truth. If you can't see that metro idiot isn't the right word to describe you. 'Who the hell is Labron James', this is the comment of a moron, jackass, simpleton, nitwit, nincompoop.

You never ethered, I got the most ethers on this site. Didn't you go quiet like a bitch for a good 6 months of the 2 month period where I was ethering you? I put you in your place; I go quiet for a couple of months and you come back out? Time to put you back on timeout.

You said nothing in your post; except for basic shit everyone knows(how obvious it is to tell everyone Knicks are the biggest market in the NBA, you just found out about that now?) Labron James is your black mistress? Keep it to yourself, no one knows who that is.

Cap space is overrated? Not when you're abusing it like a total jackass.

2 years $8 mil to Vin Baker
5 years $30 mil to Jerome
5 years $30 mil to Jeffries

Isiah's great crop of free agents he signed with the MLE. Do you even know hat the MLE is? Do your research, you got a lot of homework to do tonight.

Sign and trades, he traded away expiring contracts, multiple first round players. We took other team's problems and added more bad contracts to our roster. Bad contracts with players who don't produce. That equals no value. How does that help? If you can't agree that it would better to let contracts expire and build through the draft and free agency; then you're a fucking idiot.

Look at what building through the draft does for Chicago; remember all the Kobe rumors? They had a good crop of lottery players that intrigued a team like the Lakers. Kobe could of been in New York if we didn't have a crop of Curry, Crawford, Richardson. Sure, Chicago didn't get Kobe; but the fact you bring interest to other teams when trading is important. Our best value is a back up PF in Lee and Marbury's contract that has a year left. How sad is that?

Isiah has had 3 years to get under the salary cap, he had the CHANCE to get under the cap, but he refused to go that direction, instead he went backwards.

How is the salary cap overrated when ignoring it only came to hurt us? Don't you watch the Knicks?

Listen man, I know I'm going to be kinda harsh when I say this; but give up being a fan. Go root for the home team in the Bobcats. You're the worst at understanding the major issues within the this team and where this team is at right now. You secretly kiss Isiah's dick, but not as open as you were about it back in the day. You're the cheif Isiahexual and can't be taken seriously as a Knick fan. Any Knick fan that says the salary cap is overrated is fucking crazy. A Knick fan who watches the KNICKS has gone through enough pain and misery and is tired of this method of sign and trades for bad contracts and declining players that don't play defense.

I said this to you a year ago

"What does Marbury, Curry, Crawford as indivuals being better than Kurt Thomas, Antonio McDysess, and Charlie Ward have do with winning? Nothing. Knicks should of kept Antonio McDysess and Ward and let their contracts expire. Instead we open everything up to Phoneix. Marbury, Curry, Crawford being better than them is irrevelant to their value at the time of 2003. In 2003, Phoneix wanted their contracts because it would open up cap space for them. Do you understand that?"

Pretty much the same story now.

I'll repeat again, Isiah has no plan. He has no concept of what kind of team he wants to build or how to put the pieces together. Knicks were at a situation before Isiah came as GM with no hope of winning. He greatly worsened the Knicks salary cap. He tries to rebuild the team, after he REALIZES the team is bad. A GM who just drafted the same players as Isiah and did none of his trades would be 2 years FURTHER ahead in bringing the Knicks back to RESPECTABILITY. I really understand Isiah can't change past mistakes and stupid trades, but he should be trying to minimize those mistakes by trading them for either shorter contracts or the same length contracts with additional draft picks. Instead he's People complained about Layden's history in New York, but imagine Isiah hasn't made all that trades. If he hadn't done anything, we would alot of cap space this summer, plus all our youth. Hell, we would be in the draft this season and had a shot at Oden or Horford. Explain the Francis trade. Explain the Jalen Rose trade. Explain the Crawford trade. Explain the Curry trade. Explain the Jerome James signing. Explain the Vin Baker signing. Explain why we didn't draft real PG's like Jarret Jack or Marcus Williams when we had the chance? Why did get Randolph when we had Curry, basically the same players with the same major flaws? Isiah is the ass of the most people's jokes these days, NYC media, ESPN, the guys on TNT. This results for the lack of respect for the Knicks franchise which I disapprove of.

Kobe Wanted To Be A Knick?
31st January, 2007 - 10:58 am
New York Times -

When Kobe Bryant was a free agent in 2004, Isiah Thomas and the Knicks flew to Southern California armed with their mid-level exception. Despite being nearly $100 million short of what the Lakers offered, Bryant listened to their offer.

?The reason why I even was interested in taking that meeting was because of this city,? the 28-year-old Bryant said in an interview Tuesday morning. ?Because I always loved this city. Always. Ever since I came here, growing up in Philadelphia, there?s always so much energy and so much buzz in this city. How passionate they are about basketball, how knowledgeable they are about basketball.?

Bryant, a nine-time All-Star, excitedly ticked off the names of the Knicks legends Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Earl Monroe and Dave DeBusschere and said, ?I just wanted to play here so bad.?

?I know what it?s like to have a team here that?s successful and how the city rallies around it,? he said. ?So I was very interested. And if they had more cap flexibility, it?d definitely be a place where I would end up. I might have picked the Knicks.?

Another L for DonChristina

You got KimboSliced

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
We got a Man Down!!!!!!!! He swallowed Ether, got Kimbo Sliced, and shot a couple times by a MAC 10.

Metro just dropped mad knowledge, any ignorant poster (yall know who you are) should read his post a couple of times, learn somethin before you end up down like Donchris, I dont know if hes gettin back up after this attack.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Definitely cap space is important. The knicks have to be heading in that direction. I would take another bad year (next year), but knowing that the knicks are making moves to clear up space for 2009-2010. I hardly doubt we can win a title next year so jus be patient and make moves towards 2009-2010 and 2010-2011. Isaiah needs to freaking understand that this is the gameplan. He wants to win immediately ! Well if he really wants a championship; he has to start making moves thinking 2 years from now.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You never ethered, I got the most ethers on this site. Didn't you go quiet like a bitch for a good 6 months of the 2 month period where I was ethering you? I put you in your place; I go quiet for a couple of months and you come back out? Time to put you back on timeout.

You said nothing in your post; except for basic shit everyone knows(how obvious it is to tell everyone Knicks are the biggest market in the NBA, you just found out about that now?) Labron James is your black mistress? Keep it to yourself, no one knows who that is.

Cap space is overrated? Not when you're abusing it like a total jackass.

2 years $8 mil to Vin Baker
5 years $30 mil to Jerome
5 years $30 mil to Jeffries

Isiah's great crop of free agents he signed with the MLE. Do you even know hat the MLE is? Do your research, you got a lot of homework to do tonight.

Sign and trades, he traded away expiring contracts, multiple first round players. We took other team's problems and added more bad contracts to our roster. Bad contracts with players who don't produce. That equals no value. How does that help? If you can't agree that it would better to let contracts expire and build through the draft and free agency; then you're a fucking idiot.

Look at what building through the draft does for Chicago; remember all the Kobe rumors? They had a good crop of lottery players that intrigued a team like the Lakers. Kobe could of been in New York if we didn't have a crop of Curry, Crawford, Richardson. Sure, Chicago didn't get Kobe; but the fact you bring interest to other teams when trading is important. Our best value is a back up PF in Lee and Marbury's contract that has a year left. How sad is that?

Isiah has had 3 years to get under the salary cap, he had the CHANCE to get under the cap, but he refused to go that direction, instead he went backwards.

How is the salary cap overrated when ignoring it only came to hurt us? Don't you watch the Knicks?

Listen man, I know I'm going to be kinda harsh when I say this; but give up being a fan. Go root for the home team in the Bobcats. You're the worst at understanding the major issues within the this team and where this team is at right now. You secretly kiss Isiah's dick, but not as open as you were about it back in the day. You're the cheif Isiahexual and can't be taken seriously as a Knick fan. Any Knick fan that says the salary cap is overrated is fucking crazy. A Knick fan who watches the KNICKS has gone through enough pain and misery and is tired of this method of sign and trades for bad contracts and declining players that don't play defense.

I said this to you a year ago

"What does Marbury, Curry, Crawford as indivuals being better than Kurt Thomas, Antonio McDysess, and Charlie Ward have do with winning? Nothing. Knicks should of kept Antonio McDysess and Ward and let their contracts expire. Instead we open everything up to Phoneix. Marbury, Curry, Crawford being better than them is irrevelant to their value at the time of 2003. In 2003, Phoneix wanted their contracts because it would open up cap space for them. Do you understand that?"

Pretty much the same story now.

I'll repeat again, Isiah has no plan. He has no concept of what kind of team he wants to build or how to put the pieces together. Knicks were at a situation before Isiah came as GM with no hope of winning. He greatly worsened the Knicks salary cap. He tries to rebuild the team, after he REALIZES the team is bad. A GM who just drafted the same players as Isiah and did none of his trades would be 2 years FURTHER ahead in bringing the Knicks back to RESPECTABILITY. I really understand Isiah can't change past mistakes and stupid trades, but he should be trying to minimize those mistakes by trading them for either shorter contracts or the same length contracts with additional draft picks. Instead he's People complained about Layden's history in New York, but imagine Isiah hasn't made all that trades. If he hadn't done anything, we would alot of cap space this summer, plus all our youth. Hell, we would be in the draft this season and had a shot at Oden or Horford. Explain the Francis trade. Explain the Jalen Rose trade. Explain the Crawford trade. Explain the Curry trade. Explain the Jerome James signing. Explain the Vin Baker signing. Explain why we didn't draft real PG's like Jarret Jack or Marcus Williams when we had the chance? Why did get Randolph when we had Curry, basically the same players with the same major flaws? Isiah is the ass of the most people's jokes these days, NYC media, ESPN, the guys on TNT. This results for the lack of respect for the Knicks franchise which I disapprove of.

Another L for DonChristina

You got KimboSliced

Wow, and it only took you four whole days to come up with that. You state the same old rhetoric and aren't saying anything new. It's like that Britney Spears track the Neptunes kept looping for every one a few years back. This post is no different than any of you other posts.

We all thought you were a kid with potential but as it turns out your still on the back of the short buss eating your own snotty buggers.

Much of your inferior post is shrouded with thoughtless opinion and small facts that any village idiot can look up on espn.com It only impresses the simpletons of this site.

Let's talk facts. Factually if Isaih had more cap space he'd only make more poor decisions. There's really no need for me to get into this any further. For those that can read, I clarified that the cap is important but overstated buy people like you that really don't know what they are talking about on this site all the time. Your response failed to address a single point of mine. I wonder how concerned the Sun, Mavs and Nuggets are about the cap right now. Yes, there is a crystal clear distinction between them and us. They are winning and we are not. But the point, that is an important word isn't it, the point is cap conservation doesn't stop them from making moves and winning. So get your finger out of your nose, slowly hobble toward the front of the bus, get off and finish your homework retard. Reread my post and halla back!

Metro's grade= incomplete but completely ethered.

Last edited: