Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the Knicks will tank games towards the end of the season?

Nyk Logo Do you think the Knicks will tank games towards the end of the season?

We know that even if their best effort, the knicks will not be winning much games the rest of the season. The celtics were blamed last year for tanking games and they did not land the first pick. They did position themselves to make one of the best moves in their history. Do you think the NYK will tank some games to improve their chances of obtaining a very high pick in the draft?

Simply put, No! Isiah is on the hot seat even more so now then ever it would seem with people lobbying for his job. I'll admit I don't know enough about this current draft class to say that tanking would be worth it or not, but just for the sake of his job Isiah will try to get as many wins in as possible.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Thats clearly unprofessional and can't be done, as much as we want it to happen. I want the Knicks to go 0-30 for the rest of the season, like most of you guys do, but trust me they can't.

Guys remember when the Knicks beat the Bucks not long ago by 1 point, and Jamal Crawford was as happy as if he would win the NBA Championship,lol what a joke. I was actually not happy with the W against the Bucks, because it was the BUCKS! and that it put us farther away from that 1st pick in the draft.

By the way welcome aboard Newbie!

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Thats clearly unprofessional and can't be done, as much as we want it to happen. I want the Knicks to go 0-30 for the rest of the season, like most of you guys do, but trust me they can't.

Guys remember when the Knicks beat the Bucks not long ago by 1 point, and Jamal Crawford was as happy as if he would win the NBA Championship,lol what a joke. I was actually not happy with the W against the Bucks, because it was the BUCKS! and that it put us farther away from that 1st pick in the draft.
    LOL, I think I fealt the same way after that game

Nyk Logo

Thanx new new york. I just wouldn't mind getting Derrick Rose. After watching the All-star game i want some one like Chris Paul on my team. Rose is that kind of player. But true, Isaiah is on the Hot seat. Luckily they'll still be able to get a high draft choice. I think it's me just suffering for my team and want any kind of positive like a # 1 pick. We'll see what happens.

Nah Derrick Rose is really the opposite of Chris Paul, Rose is 6 3 feet good weight set player for a PG Paul is 6 0 feet pure pg. Derrick Rose is not the passer CP3 is. Chris has a better shot, better at stealing, and is a leader. Derrick Rose is a explosive D Wade, J Kidd into one player, himself, if he tapps into extra potential he will be one of the best players, one day maybe even a hazardous passer,but not yet. He isn't playing that well in college, but hey he is a freshmen, and just developing. He will be fine IF what ever team trains him right in the NBA.

The knicks are tanking games already. During halftime warm-ups when they are down by 10-20 pts, they laughin and jokin. They stopped caring a while ago. Isiah gets no respect from anyone, especially his players.

Trust me, the knicks do not have to plan tanking games.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by New New York
    By the way welcome aboard Newbie!
    lol...you joined a month before him, stop fronting.

I'm kinda shakey with Rose; he hasn't matured a whole alot in college compared to his SR year in HS. I think it would be best for Rose and the team who over draft him if he stays another year in Memphis, especially with the undefeated streak they got going and the number of players they'll still have next year. Rose is a lock for the top 5; but hasn't shown his jumpshot is consistant and his PG skills are developed. But we've seen the flashes.

For some reason, despite his inconsistent play, I think he will declare for the 08 draft, even though another year in college would be the best opition for him.

For some reason, despite his inconsistent play, I think he will declare for the 08 draft, even though another year in college would be the best opition for him.
    I would, if i was him. F*ck waitin for the money, hes clearly ready (even though i dont watch college basketball). This post ill admit is not very valid, but eventually as the time gets closer ill start researchin the prospects. Until then i cant say that much, thats what several posters on here do and im not about speakin out of ignorance. If im gonna speak on something I need to know more then i know about the prospects. From what others say, it sounds like although Rose has played inconsistent, he is more then ready for the pro's where inconsistency is welcomed, especially on the Knicks.

I dont watch much college basketball either, but I know how the players play, and how good, and how much potential they could have. I am not a big fan of the NCAA, NBADL,WNBA, only the NBA is my true interest.

I dont watch much college basketball either, but I know how the players play, and how good, and how much potential they could have. I am not a big fan of the NCAA, NBADL,WNBA, only the NBA is my true interest.
    I hate it when people say college basketball is so much better then the pros, im not one who believes in excuses but the pros play 82games a year, and longer games. The average player is much stronger and plays more physical, taking a bigger toll on the players.

Of course, the NBA is a great league, but I do like the European leagues they have, under 18 leagues in Europe are good too, but there's something about the NBA that I like a lot and that it's a fast pace game, and you can never really predict an outcome of a game. The Knicks got me into the NBA, at a early age.

whats the deal with college ball over there anyways, it comes across that its bigger then the NBA fan wise and stuff. Its always on ESPN here, fk all NBA.