Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the Knicks will tank games towards the end of the season?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I developed a strong interest in NCAA basketball last year and its really addicting. I respect how MSG feels and I use to feel the same way as he did about the NBA vs NCAA.

But at this point, I guess I favor the NCAA now because Knicks are so depressing. For me; theres mad PUERTO RICANS in NCAA it should be illegal, the island is only 3.8 mil, but theres like a good ammount of 20 dudes...that shouldn't happend, lol. Being a Dominirican, I gotta show love. Other than that, I keep following NYC products; sadly they don't go to NYC schools anymore, instead they go to Seton Hall(Lang), Pittsburg(Roman, fellow Dominican brother), Louisville(Sosa, fellow Dominican brother), and mad other places...it sucks. St John's needs to step it up; I wish Fordham developed an insane recruiting program and got some of the best finest to Fordham, the A10 is a SICK big conference now and they bringing the power back to the East.

Jonathan Rodriguez is one of the best in the nation in scoring and rebounding, playing for Cambell, Javi Gonzalez is the starting PG for NC State, AD Vassallo one of the best shooters/scorers in the ACC at VT. I could seriously go on with the other guys in the other divisions, just naming a few.

Other thing about NCAA is that there are so many divisions and teams that match up against each other. It seems like no matter how many good teams they are, theres always a team that matches up with the other, and that really brings interest to the same. Plus in NCAA, theres much more pressure and defense played; along with the crowd intensity of drunk college students. Drunk college students > Families, yuppies, and celebs at NBA games.

Team ball is emphasized; where as superstar isolation over and over can get boring. I rather see a guy earned his buckets, which most of the buckets in the NCAA are earned; where as in the NBA Dwayne Wade has a free ticket to the free throw line.

Another reason links back to the fact I'm a Knick fan. I want to study the prospects and scout them; so I can know who we should draft and pick up and let people know the guys with the best work ethic. I've always been a draft junkie too, so I use to watch a lot of Euroleague basketball and BSN(Basketball league in PR) and especially any FIBA tournament I could get my eyes on.

I guess basketball is one of the most exciting sports to watch for me, NCAA just makes it that much exciting. Hell if my college was good as there were when Luis Flores was balling(fellow Dominican brother), I would even have more interest! I go to classes with some of the Jaspers from Manhattan, cool dudes who sleep a lot.

Buy the college basketball game with Greg Oden on it...in my opinion > NBA 2K8. Even the NCAA video game is better than the NBA one.

But once Knicks get back on track(hopefully), I'll drop my affair with NCAA basketball and go back happyly ever after with the Knicks once Isiah is behead and Dolan is getting ****ted on by blacks and puerto rocks throughout the bronx for a period of 3 weeks till he dies of a deadly odor.

i think we are getting a lot more of it cause we got a couple players over there and with Bogut being touted as the number 1 pick a few years back they started showing more of it here.
    The next big thing for us is Patty Mills but im not sure if many people know him over there. Its rare for a Aboriginal basketballer to be seen in the National League here, let alone make it over in the states in College so its a big thing here.
    I like Duke, ive always followed them but not like i know all the players and stuff. Just keep up to date with results. Was a massive Grant Hill and Bobby Hurley fan so that is my team. I see they got burned by Wake Forest the other day.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Price, I'm suprised you're a crazy NCAA head like myself...theres **** load of Aussie big man in the NCAA and potential draft prospects. Andrew Ogilvy @ Vanderbilt, Aron Baynes @ Washington State, and a couple of others! It seems like its their new stop before the NBA.

Whats up with Nathan Jawai?

Jawai is a massive man. He is big but carries a bit of excess weight. Im afraid he could be a future Eddy Curry. The guy though is great in the post and that. In our All-Star game we have a Australia vs the rest of the world side and he got MVP, was sick. He could def go over and play in the NBA.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    lol...you joined a month before him, stop fronting.

I'm kinda shakey with Rose; he hasn't matured a whole alot in college compared to his SR year in HS. I think it would be best for Rose and the team who over draft him if he stays another year in Memphis, especially with the undefeated streak they got going and the number of players they'll still have next year. Rose is a lock for the top 5; but hasn't shown his jumpshot is consistant and his PG skills are developed. But we've seen the flashes.
    Actually it was just two weeks before! LOL You sweat me hard fam

KnicksonLIN.com

The only other basketball league I watch besides the NBA is the WNBA. I watch the Liberty, over the summer, once the NBA season is over. I don't really watch college ball, cause I think it's boring. However, college ball does have the same players that go on to play in the NBA, so I'm not gonna hate on them. As for the Knicks, why should they tank their season? They're
    15-37, even though they've played hard in just about every game they've played since the beginning of January.I say the Knicks just keep playing like they are. At best, the Knicks will finish with 30 wins. There's no way they're winning more than that with their terrible defense. And considering how good the West is, a 30-52 record could still get the Knicks a top 8 lottery pick.

Originally Posted by abcd
    The only other basketball league I watch besides the NBA is the WNBA. I watch the Liberty, over the summer, once the NBA season is over. I don't really watch college ball, cause I think it's boring. However, college ball does have the same players that go on to play in the NBA, so I'm not gonna hate on them. As for the Knicks, why should they tank their season? They're
    15-37, even though they've played hard in just about every game they've played since the beginning of January.I say the Knicks just keep playing like they are. At best, the Knicks will finish with 30 wins. There's no way they're winning more than that with their terrible defense. And considering how good the West is, a 30-52 record could still get the Knicks a top 8 lottery pick.
    Lauren Jackson is the best female player in the world. She also happens to be a Aussie!!

Penny Taylor is also a gun.

Problem with college ball in New York is that St. John's has been awful for a long time and they're the only team that this city cares about. As a whole it's problem is that nothing really matters until the tournament. Furthermore there's no continuity with any of these teams because most of the guys who are real good come out after their freshman or sophomore years. I would also say that there are just too many damn games on. Lastly most of these teams can't score or throw the ball in the ocean making a lot of the games brutal to watch. Makes you appreciate all the more how talented the guys in the NBA are.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Pricey
    Lauren Jackson is the best female player in the world. She also happens to be a Aussie!!

Penny Taylor is also a gun.
    My favorite WNBA player is Seimone Augustus.Plays for the Minnesota Lynx. She's a female version of A.I.
    6'0 guard that averages 22 PPG and 4 rebounds.

Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Problem with college ball in New York is that St. John's has been awful for a long time and they're the only team that this city cares about. As a whole it's problem is that nothing really matters until the tournament. Furthermore there's no continuity with any of these teams because most of the guys who are real good come out after their freshman or sophomore years. I would also say that there are just too many damn games on. Lastly most of these teams can't score or throw the ball in the ocean making a lot of the games brutal to watch. Makes you appreciate all the more how talented the guys in the NBA are.
    i agree that there are too many games and tournaments. i have no idea who is playing who and what conference each team is.
    i honestly only start taking notice when my team is sucking or when it gets to the final four.

Originally Posted by abcd
    My favorite WNBA player is Seimone Augustus.Plays for the Minnesota Lynx. She's a female version of A.I.
    6'0 guard that averages 22 PPG and 4 rebounds.
    who does she play for? may youtube her to check her out.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Pricey
    who does she play for? may youtube her to check her out.
    She plays for the Minnesota Lynx. It's a WNBA team.

Minnesota Lynx? thats a terrible name lol. cheers

Nyk Logo

Of course the NBA is much better, this is why they get paid the big bucks. We can't ignore the NCAA because most of the NBA's legends and current best players started playing there. I enjoy watching college basketball because they play with heart and there is no money involved. It is like a plain level field. Once that tournament starts we all fall in love with the cinderella teams. You gotta admit those tournaments are off the chain. St.John's used to be off the hook! Remember when Artest played there with Postell, they made it to the elite 8. After that all those scandals and suspensions damaged the program. I hope it gets back on track. That team also developed Mark Jackson ( knick Poit Guard) and Chris Mullin. College basketball helps kids mature and they really practice organized basketball whick is key in the pros. Of course there are phenomenal players that come straight out of High School, but for the most part, they come from college.

Yea i don't like saying this, but i agree with Metro. I'm really unsure if Derrick Rose is ready for the NBA. I can't blame the kid for coming out and making his money but i really don't think he'll make that immediate impact on the league that a guy like Chris Paul did.

Rose will be a good payer but 'd perdict him being somebody who gets limited minutes his first 2-3 years in the league. They guy has no jump shot so NBA defenders will just back off and make him shoot it.

If we're going to draft a project, why not pick the Center out of Texas A&M that has nothing but upside.

College basketball is more entertaining because the fans and players have genuine passion for the game. For the most part the players are playing for the love of the game and desire not just for the money.