Do you think the Knicks will tank games towards the end of the season?

dre48ny

Rotation player
We know that even if their best effort, the knicks will not be winning much games the rest of the season. The celtics were blamed last year for tanking games and they did not land the first pick. They did position themselves to make one of the best moves in their history. Do you think the NYK will tank some games to improve their chances of obtaining a very high pick in the draft?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Simply put, No! Isiah is on the hot seat even more so now then ever it would seem with people lobbying for his job. I'll admit I don't know enough about this current draft class to say that tanking would be worth it or not, but just for the sake of his job Isiah will try to get as many wins in as possible.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Thats clearly unprofessional and can't be done, as much as we want it to happen. I want the Knicks to go 0-30 for the rest of the season, like most of you guys do, but trust me they can't.

Guys remember when the Knicks beat the Bucks not long ago by 1 point, and Jamal Crawford was as happy as if he would win the NBA Championship,lol what a joke. I was actually not happy with the W against the Bucks, because it was the BUCKS! and that it put us farther away from that 1st pick in the draft.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Thats clearly unprofessional and can't be done, as much as we want it to happen. I want the Knicks to go 0-30 for the rest of the season, like most of you guys do, but trust me they can't.

Guys remember when the Knicks beat the Bucks not long ago by 1 point, and Jamal Crawford was as happy as if he would win the NBA Championship,lol what a joke. I was actually not happy with the W against the Bucks, because it was the BUCKS! and that it put us farther away from that 1st pick in the draft.

LOL, I think I fealt the same way after that game

dre48ny

Rotation player
Thanx new new york. I just wouldn't mind getting Derrick Rose. After watching the All-star game i want some one like Chris Paul on my team. Rose is that kind of player. But true, Isaiah is on the Hot seat. Luckily they'll still be able to get a high draft choice. I think it's me just suffering for my team and want any kind of positive like a # 1 pick. We'll see what happens.

nyKnicks126

Nah Derrick Rose is really the opposite of Chris Paul, Rose is 6 3 feet good weight set player for a PG Paul is 6 0 feet pure pg. Derrick Rose is not the passer CP3 is. Chris has a better shot, better at stealing, and is a leader. Derrick Rose is a explosive D Wade, J Kidd into one player, himself, if he tapps into extra potential he will be one of the best players, one day maybe even a hazardous passer,but not yet. He isn't playing that well in college, but hey he is a freshmen, and just developing. He will be fine IF what ever team trains him right in the NBA.

The knicks are tanking games already. During halftime warm-ups when they are down by 10-20 pts, they laughin and jokin. They stopped caring a while ago. Isiah gets no respect from anyone, especially his players.

Trust me, the knicks do not have to plan tanking games.

metrocard

Legend
By the way welcome aboard Newbie!

lol...you joined a month before him, stop fronting.

I'm kinda shakey with Rose; he hasn't matured a whole alot in college compared to his SR year in HS. I think it would be best for Rose and the team who over draft him if he stays another year in Memphis, especially with the undefeated streak they got going and the number of players they'll still have next year. Rose is a lock for the top 5; but hasn't shown his jumpshot is consistant and his PG skills are developed. But we've seen the flashes.

nyKnicks126

For some reason, despite his inconsistent play, I think he will declare for the 08 draft, even though another year in college would be the best opition for him.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
For some reason, despite his inconsistent play, I think he will declare for the 08 draft, even though another year in college would be the best opition for him.

I would, if i was him. F*ck waitin for the money, hes clearly ready (even though i dont watch college basketball). This post ill admit is not very valid, but eventually as the time gets closer ill start researchin the prospects. Until then i cant say that much, thats what several posters on here do and im not about speakin out of ignorance. If im gonna speak on something I need to know more then i know about the prospects. From what others say, it sounds like although Rose has played inconsistent, he is more then ready for the pro's where inconsistency is welcomed, especially on the Knicks.

nyKnicks126

I dont watch much college basketball either, but I know how the players play, and how good, and how much potential they could have. I am not a big fan of the NCAA, NBADL,WNBA, only the NBA is my true interest.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont watch much college basketball either, but I know how the players play, and how good, and how much potential they could have. I am not a big fan of the NCAA, NBADL,WNBA, only the NBA is my true interest.

I hate it when people say college basketball is so much better then the pros, im not one who believes in excuses but the pros play 82games a year, and longer games. The average player is much stronger and plays more physical, taking a bigger toll on the players.

nyKnicks126

Of course, the NBA is a great league, but I do like the European leagues they have, under 18 leagues in Europe are good too, but there's something about the NBA that I like a lot and that it's a fast pace game, and you can never really predict an outcome of a game. The Knicks got me into the NBA, at a early age.

Pricey

Rotation player
whats the deal with college ball over there anyways, it comes across that its bigger then the NBA fan wise and stuff. Its always on ESPN here, fk all NBA.

metrocard

Legend
I developed a strong interest in NCAA basketball last year and its really addicting. I respect how MSG feels and I use to feel the same way as he did about the NBA vs NCAA.

But at this point, I guess I favor the NCAA now because Knicks are so depressing. For me; theres mad PUERTO RICANS in NCAA it should be illegal, the island is only 3.8 mil, but theres like a good ammount of 20 dudes...that shouldn't happend, lol. Being a Dominirican, I gotta show love. Other than that, I keep following NYC products; sadly they don't go to NYC schools anymore, instead they go to Seton Hall(Lang), Pittsburg(Roman, fellow Dominican brother), Louisville(Sosa, fellow Dominican brother), and mad other places...it sucks. St John's needs to step it up; I wish Fordham developed an insane recruiting program and got some of the best finest to Fordham, the A10 is a SICK big conference now and they bringing the power back to the East.

Jonathan Rodriguez is one of the best in the nation in scoring and rebounding, playing for Cambell, Javi Gonzalez is the starting PG for NC State, AD Vassallo one of the best shooters/scorers in the ACC at VT. I could seriously go on with the other guys in the other divisions, just naming a few.

Other thing about NCAA is that there are so many divisions and teams that match up against each other. It seems like no matter how many good teams they are, theres always a team that matches up with the other, and that really brings interest to the same. Plus in NCAA, theres much more pressure and defense played; along with the crowd intensity of drunk college students. Drunk college students > Families, yuppies, and celebs at NBA games.

Team ball is emphasized; where as superstar isolation over and over can get boring. I rather see a guy earned his buckets, which most of the buckets in the NCAA are earned; where as in the NBA Dwayne Wade has a free ticket to the free throw line.

Another reason links back to the fact I'm a Knick fan. I want to study the prospects and scout them; so I can know who we should draft and pick up and let people know the guys with the best work ethic. I've always been a draft junkie too, so I use to watch a lot of Euroleague basketball and BSN(Basketball league in PR) and especially any FIBA tournament I could get my eyes on.

I guess basketball is one of the most exciting sports to watch for me, NCAA just makes it that much exciting. Hell if my college was good as there were when Luis Flores was balling(fellow Dominican brother), I would even have more interest! I go to classes with some of the Jaspers from Manhattan, cool dudes who sleep a lot.

Buy the college basketball game with Greg Oden on it...in my opinion > NBA 2K8. Even the NCAA video game is better than the NBA one.

But once Knicks get back on track(hopefully), I'll drop my affair with NCAA basketball and go back happyly ever after with the Knicks once Isiah is behead and Dolan is getting shitted on by blacks and puerto rocks throughout the bronx for a period of 3 weeks till he dies of a deadly odor.

Pricey

Rotation player
i think we are getting a lot more of it cause we got a couple players over there and with Bogut being touted as the number 1 pick a few years back they started showing more of it here.
The next big thing for us is Patty Mills but im not sure if many people know him over there. Its rare for a Aboriginal basketballer to be seen in the National League here, let alone make it over in the states in College so its a big thing here.
I like Duke, ive always followed them but not like i know all the players and stuff. Just keep up to date with results. Was a massive Grant Hill and Bobby Hurley fan so that is my team. I see they got burned by Wake Forest the other day.

metrocard

Legend
Price, I'm suprised you're a crazy NCAA head like myself...theres shit load of Aussie big man in the NCAA and potential draft prospects. Andrew Ogilvy @ Vanderbilt, Aron Baynes @ Washington State, and a couple of others! It seems like its their new stop before the NBA.

Whats up with Nathan Jawai?

Pricey

Rotation player
Jawai is a massive man. He is big but carries a bit of excess weight. Im afraid he could be a future Eddy Curry. The guy though is great in the post and that. In our All-Star game we have a Australia vs the rest of the world side and he got MVP, was sick. He could def go over and play in the NBA.

New New York

Quiet Storm
lol...you joined a month before him, stop fronting.

I'm kinda shakey with Rose; he hasn't matured a whole alot in college compared to his SR year in HS. I think it would be best for Rose and the team who over draft him if he stays another year in Memphis, especially with the undefeated streak they got going and the number of players they'll still have next year. Rose is a lock for the top 5; but hasn't shown his jumpshot is consistant and his PG skills are developed. But we've seen the flashes.

Actually it was just two weeks before! LOL You sweat me hard fam