Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: 5 MOST OVERRATED KNICKS OF ALL TIME: You gotta bost

  1. #1
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default 5 MOST OVERRATED KNICKS OF ALL TIME: You gotta bost

    Well we have no Knick in the All Star game! None in the Rookie Game, Shootout, or Dunk so this Knick fan has decided to pick on some Knick "Greats". This one is bound to ruffle some Feathers! Let the Games Begin

    Side Note: This is all in good fun, so chill with the insults. in other words, lets call each other morans in a civilized manner!

    5. Jamal Crawford: For sure will be someone's Number one, and if this was based on this season alone, I would agree (yes I did give him a B as a Grade for mid year, but I was caught up in our win streak) but there are four others that have been hyped up a little more than him (in my opinion).

    4. Renaldo Balkman: Now that I have your attention.....allow me to explain. I know this is rough considering this kid is only in his second year and has much time to improve. I know he's an "energy player" and his value cant be measured by numbers....but his value can be measured by facts! Lets face the facts, he does have a Rodman type game (at times), but doesnt have Rodman type size.He is sized like a SF, but isnt a SF. He is a defender who can at time give scorers some trouble Melo, Durant (if Summer League counts), but isnt a lock down defender. He is a liability on offense, he can be explosive or out of control (just like number 5). Ok so why rank him higher this list than Jamal? Because fans know Crawfords limitations, and are quick to point them out, but not much is said about Renaldo's shortcomings.

    Allow me to say this about Renaldo, I like him very much, this is not about liking or disliking. really this was hard to write, but this is what I think.



    3. Eddy Curry: A Franchise with two of the Games 50 Greatest Players in Patrick Ewing, and Willis Reed was fooled into beleiving this guy could be as great. Both of the two Greats averaged double digits rebounding, and blocked more than 1 per game (no telling how many willis actually blocked because no stats were kept on blocks back then, however in his final year it was tracked that he blocked about 1.3) So with true legends before him, how was this guy dubbed the next great Knick Center with his averages?

    2. Glen Rice: This is based soley on Knick fans embracing the trade for Ewing initially. I was in MSG the night he got up to scorers table against the Sixers to play his first Knick minutes (he wasnt even a full time starter). Jeff Van Gundy said that he was the reason the Lakers weren't as good defensively the year after their first Championship with Shaq and Kobe, ofcourse they would go on to win two more in a row without Glen. But again this is based on Him being the return chip for the All Time Greatest Knick

    1. Spree: And you thought I was done pissing you off with the Balkman! Ok Spree was an All Star, and we don't make the Finals in 1999 without him. But was I the only person to notice he only had one hand? While not as bad a Crawford, Spree would take some very bad shots as well. Lets not forget too, that he was one of the more vocal players about how much better the Knicks would be without Patrick Ewing. Considered a great defender but got lit up by Vince Carter our last real year in the playoffs, and Allan Houston and Jamal Crawford would burn him in matchups against the Knicks after he was traded. He is one of the most popular Knicks of All Time, but to me it was more for his image, because skill wise he left much to be desired.

  2. #2
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Oops that should read you gotta post!

  3. #3
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Strongly disagree with SPree being the most overrated.. dont know what you guys are watchin. The rest I agree too. Balkman isn't overrated he is under played, and under appreciated..

  4. #4
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    5- Latrell Sprewell(very good sg that got more credit than he deserved, just because he could get to the highlight reel. There are video games from the 90s that give Sprewell the best stats for the Knicks. Meanwhile, Patrick Ewing was obviously the best player on the team and Allan Houston was more consistent than Sprewell)

    4- Eddy Curry( a good low post scorer that gets a free pass for not having defense or rebounding ability because he scores down low-most people don't think Curry is the next best thing now, but last year there was so many people acting like he was gonna be the next Shaq)

    3- Marcus Camby(Was a very good defender and rebounder, but many people thought he was going to take Patrick Ewing's place.His injuries on the Knicks- missed 100 games in 4 years with knicks, and the first round playoff loss to the Raptors in 2001 proved otherwise)

    2- Jared Jeffries(the Washington Wizards acted like if Jeffries was all that cause of his defense, so the idiot Isiah gave him a 30 million dollar contract. When he first came to the team, he was put in the starting lineup, but once Isiah found out Jeffries' ancient chinese secret-he has no offensive ability- he was benched for Quentin Richardson).

    1- Jamal Crawford (Lots of people assume because he can hit buzzer beaters and gamewinners and he's averaging 20 ppg that he's a basketball god. What people fail to mention is that he has shot below 40% from the field on
    3 different seasons, he has absolutely no defense , and he doesn't know when to settle for jumpers and when to drive to the basket, hence his 17 fg attempts per game and just 4.5 freethrows per game.He also has a long history of attempting over 2x as many 3's as freethrows. He even had 1 season in chicago where he attempted 3x as many 3's as free throws).

  5. #5
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Strongly disagree with SPree being the most overrated.. dont know what you guys are watchin. The rest I agree too. Balkman isn't overrated he is under played, and under appreciated..
    Overrated doesn't mean the person sucks. I understand what New York is saying. He's saying he got more credit than he deserved, which is true in some cases. Every person I put on my list is a good player, except Jeffries. The list is just for the people that got treated better than they deserved, or that got treated better than players that were better than them.But I agree. Sprewell doesn't deserve to be most overrated, when you got Curry and Crawford on the Knicks.

  6. #6
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We're not really contributing to the forum by replying to the worst thread of all time.

    Ignore this ignorance!!!

  7. #7
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    We're not really contributing to the forum by replying to the worst thread of all time.

    Ignore this ignorance!!!
    Damn, that was cold! lol I thought this thread was good, cause you get to put Jamal Crawford and Curry on blast for being given the royal treatment, despite being one dimensional. I like your post, though. It's funny. I wish I would've came up with that. lol

  8. #8
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    [quote=New New York;48584]Well we have no Knick in the All Star game! None in the Rookie Game, Shootout, or Dunk so this Knick fan has decided to pick on some Knick "Greats". This one is bound to ruffle some Feathers! Let the Games Begin

    Side Note: This is all in good fun, so chill with the insults. in other words, lets call each other morans in a civilized manner!



    4. Renaldo Balkman: Now that I have your attention.....allow me to explain. I know this is rough considering this kid is only in his second year and has much time to improve. I know he's an "energy player" and his value cant be measured by numbers....but his value can be measured by facts! Lets face the facts, he does have a Rodman type game (at times), but doesnt have Rodman type size.He is sized like a SF, but isnt a SF. He is a defender who can at time give scorers some trouble Melo, Durant (if Summer League counts), but isnt a lock down defender. He is a liability on offense, he can be explosive or out of control (just like number 5). Ok so why rank him higher this list than Jamal? Because fans know Crawfords limitations, and are quick to point them out, but not much is said about Renaldo's shortcomings.

    quote]
    I like your thread, but my question to you is: Why is Renaldo Balkman on the list? He's a good defender, he plays with heart, he provides energy, and he does deserve to start. No offense to Quentin Richardson and Jeffries(they both used to be decent players) but they haven't sone sh*t this year. I'd take Balkman over them any day, unless we can go on a time machine and get Quentin Richardson from the Clippers, where he averaged 17 ppg and 6 rebounds.

  9. #9
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    We're not really contributing to the forum by replying to the worst thread of all time.

    Ignore this ignorance!!!
    LOL! So does that you mean you disagree? Look man thats how I feel. I don't think Carlos Arroyo is the most underated player in the league, but I wouldnt call you ignorant for your opinion. Like I said it's all in good fun. If we all agreed on everything then this forum would be boring as hell!

  10. #10
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i know i'll get killed for this one but i think the most overrated allan houston is the most overrated knick player of all time, dont get me wrong, he was a solid player, but that shot against miami put em in a lot of knick fans best knick of all time, its funny though, the same ppl on this message board who knock current players for the lack of defense they play are the same ppl that say allan houston is a great player, lol, dats why what ya say dont phase me

  11. #11
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    i know i'll get killed for this one but i think the most overrated allan houston is the most overrated knick player of all time, dont get me wrong, he was a solid player, but that shot against miami put em in a lot of knick fans best knick of all time, its funny though, the same ppl on this message board who knock current players for the lack of defense they play are the same ppl that say allan houston is a great player, lol, dats why what ya say dont phase me
    You know what I thought long about putting him on the list, but I think he did fall out of favor with Knick fans after all his injuries. But I do see where you are coming from on that.

  12. #12
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd



    3- Marcus Camby(Was a very good defender and rebounder, but many people thought he was going to take Patrick Ewing's place.His injuries on the Knicks- missed 100 games in 4 years with knicks, and the first round playoff loss to the Raptors in 2001 proved otherwise)

    You really startin to piss me off. Get the f#CK out of here, You hatin on all these players that dont deserve it, you are definately the worst poster out next to GetRealistic on this forum...So you are tellin us you rather have Antonio Mcdyess, and Scrubs instead of a defensemen Marcus Camby since you are sayin he is SO overrated.. abcd you definatey the most unfair "fan" if I can even call you that I have ever seen, you definately dont know what you are talking about. You hatin on Spree, Camby, and Childs. Well I think you should reconsider and look for a different team to rout for. Go to Boston, maybe they might like your intellegent posts.
    abcd- dumba$$ of the year award. Congratulations!

  13. #13
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I think you really have to define what you mean by overrated.

    Some players like Jeffries are straight trash, but they are not promoted or "sold" to us. "Sold" meaning Knick promos on websites & commercials, the management talking so highly of them, etc.

    I think with that in mind, the Knicks currently spend too much time boasting Nate Robinson and David Lee. They are everywhere with this team in terms of commercials and promotions. Do they deserve such attention? Every team needs 1 or 2 guys to be the face of the team, so I guess they are all Knicks have.

    I do think they are a bit over rated though. Nate looks good on this team many times, but if he were traded to another team, I think its a safe bet he would spend a lot of time on the bench. As for Lee, he is a great role player- but there is no way in hell he is the mega bucks franchise star some people make him out to be. (I remember when the Kobe trade talks were happening, and some people were like "If Lee is part of deal- No Way")

  14. #14
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    I think you really have to define what you mean by overrated.

    Some players like Jeffries are straight trash, but they are not promoted or "sold" to us. "Sold" meaning Knick promos on websites & commercials, the management talking so highly of them, etc.

    I think with that in mind, the Knicks currently spend too much time boasting Nate Robinson and David Lee. They are everywhere with this team in terms of commercials and promotions. Do they deserve such attention? Every team needs 1 or 2 guys to be the face of the team, so I guess they are all Knicks have.

    I do think they are a bit over rated though. Nate looks good on this team many times, but if he were traded to another team, I think its a safe bet he would spend a lot of time on the bench. As for Lee, he is a great role player- but there is no way in hell he is the mega bucks franchise star some people make him out to be. (I remember when the Kobe trade talks were happening, and some people were like "If Lee is part of deal- No Way")
    c/s your entire post.

    As for the ABCD vs NYKnicks126, im cool wit both of you so im stayin out of it, but as for Chris Childs I liked him and always thought he was a key part to our success in the late 90's. Statistically he was garbage but he played within the team system and was a good role player. The same thing goes for Charlie Ward, his stats were bad but he was a real good defender/team player. I do disagree with ABCD but its cool, most of the time I agree with him and as Starks pointed out the word "overrated" can be interpreted different ways.

    5. Allan Houston - I hate to put him on this list, its not his fault. The reason why hes on here is because of Scott Layden. Houston was a great player offensively, I use to criticize his defense but now Crawford makes Houston look like a great defender. I realize now I shouldve enjoyed Houston and those Knicks more instead of complainin about how Spree would be better at the 2-guard spot. I use to hope Houston would get traded even though I always liked him. This is my biggest regret as a Knicks fan, the teams from 99 to when Isiah took over didnt look good on paper but they really overachieved. I wish i could go back and enjoy watchin those Knicks, this group now is a bunch of homo-clowns.

    4. David Lee - Another player who I wish i didnt have to put on my list but some Knicks fans talk to highly of him. I think hes good enough to start but I dont think hes a future all-star. I hope he proves me wrong and becomes more of a threat offensively, hes been lookin better (no homo) on offense but still has a ways to go. Lee's a hard working player, has a great work ethic and could end up suprising me.

    3. Glen Rice - We gave up Patrick Ewing for this bum. I think he had a couple of good games but the big 3 (H20, Spree, and Rice) didnt work out.

    2. Eddy Curry - Franchise player? Dont think so

    1. Jamal Crawford - See the official Crawford sucks thread. His defense is non-existant, his shooting percentages are terrible. Everytime I run into a fan and they say Crawford is the best player on this team I want to murk them. Thats a f*ckin joke. That stupid member on here who cant spell likes crawford for whatever reason, whats his name again, is it Bugs Bunny or cartoons, sumthin like that. Crawfords stats show that he shoots more 3 pointers then free throws which makes him a *****. Go to the rim, draw the foul. I even heard knicks fans say if we had a better record Crawford would be an all-star.

  15. #15
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    You really startin to piss me off. Get the f#CK out of here, You hatin on all these players that dont deserve it, you are definately the worst poster out next to GetRealistic on this forum...So you are tellin us you rather have Antonio Mcdyess, and Scrubs instead of a defensemen Marcus Camby since you are sayin he is SO overrated.. abcd you definatey the most unfair "fan" if I can even call you that I have ever seen, you definately dont know what you are talking about. You hatin on Spree, Camby, and Childs. Well I think you should reconsider and look for a different team to rout for. Go to Boston, maybe they might like your intellegent posts.
    abcd- dumba$$ of the year award. Congratulations!
    So you telling me that someone who missed 100 games and was thought to be the replacement for Patrick Ewing is not overrated? I think it's you that needs to get the f*ck outta here. Stop confusing what Camby's done on the Nuggets with what he did on the Knicks. Everyone knows he's a trillion x better now than he was in New York. So get off Camby's nuts.
    By the way- I don't know what you talking about me being the worst poster. I got 14 people that gave me rep points, so it's obvious that people don't agree with you. Just because a player is overrated doesn't mean they suck. If you read my post CAREFULLY, I said that Camby was a good defender and rebounder. But because you don't know what overrated means, that's why you got Camny's nuts in your mouth.

Similar Threads

  1. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 21:10
  2. 5 Worst Knicks of All Time: You gotta post!
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2008, 22:02
  3. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  5. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •