Artest likely to end up in Denver

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3252409

Well this analyst from S.I. is claiming that Denver will more than likely end up with Ron Artest. My initial question is, where does he play? I mean Ron is physical and strong enough to match up with Power Forwards, but he really isnt a 4. Well actually that is just bitterness from him not being a Knick talking, Ron probably will do pretty well at the 4 spot, and should make Denver a better team. I think the writting on the wall that he was not coming to NY was when he started talking about not wanting to be traded anymore. I think he would still love to play for The Knicks, but playing with AI and Melo may calm that somewhat. Maybe this is a 3 team trade that sends Zach to Denver and Ron to NY?....not likely though. Well atleast Kidd appears to be leaving the Division

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't think Ron Artest will go to Denver. The Kings obviously are trying to get some cap room, and the only person I see Denver offering them is Kenyon Martin(who makes a lot of money).I guess the Kings could also include Kenny Thomas, to balance it out, but I doubt it.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I read in hoops hype that the mix of Artest with AI, Melo, and J.R. Smith would be a bad idea. They said they don't want to turn into the Pacers. Too many bad attitudes in one team is not good. There has to be a balance. Team chemistry is essential in the playoffs.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I read in hoops hype that the mix of Artest with AI, Melo, and J.R. Smith would be a bad idea. They said they don't want to turn into the Pacers. Too many bad attitudes in one team is not good. There has to be a balance. Team chemistry is essential in the playoffs.
I agree. I like Ron Artest's balanced, multi-dimensional game, but he's always getting into trouble. If you look at Artest's games played, you'd think he's always injured, but in reality it's that he's always getting suspended, arrested, or thrown out of games for picking up technicals.If he stayed out of trouble, he would easily be one of the top 5 best small forwards, but he's always messing it up by getting into trouble.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont consider any of the above players to have bad attitudes. I think Artest and Iverson use to, but Iverson has clearly grown up, how long can people hold his opinions on practice and other things that happened before that against him? Anyone who still has any problems with AI is a bitch ass hater. This is the same guy who plays every game like its his last and is still one of the best/most entertaining players in the league.

Besides punchin Mardy Collins, what the f*ck did Carmello ever do? He seems like hes dedicated to staying out of trouble, being a positive example for young fans, and winning at least to me.

Artest never had a bad attitude on the court, his problems are off the court, but who judges the players by what they do off the court? I cant deny ARtest says some questionable things but the only thing that counts as that he does his job on the court. When hes playing, hes intense, hes a leader, hes everything the Knicks need: offense, defense, and toughness. I dont know how the Nuggets would play him but im sure they would find a way. Has Artest gottin into any trouble this year? No, not since last year when I think he had problems with his wife or somethin.

Fuck Hoops Hype

key word hype, i dont give a f*ck about the hype im all about the facts, real talk.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The Kings want Linas Kleiza included in the Denver deal for Artest. Denver isn't trying to give up Kleiza. Talks should continue until the deadline. If Denver is smart they'd go for Mike Miller before Indy gets to him. My bet, the Knicks will get a PG or wont make a trade at all. Look for a quiet Luke Ridnour trade.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Yo my man, what did Melo ever do? That punch was big man, he got suspended big time for throwing a punch!! He has improved his image, but he has been suspended my man. Us Knicks fan remember his ugliest moment as a Nugget. Although that was the last time I saw some fire in the knicks though.

Last edited:

dre48ny

Rotation player
Melo is a phenomenal player but he is from baltimore and u know he is a tough guy. I got mad luv for him since he also played for Syracuse, but Melo, AI and Artest, I don't know? Talent wise it would be tremendous, but chemistry wise?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I mentioned the brawl between the Knicks and Nuggets, but what am i suppose to do, consider his attitude bad because hes from Baltimore? Thats what too many people do. F*ck that!!! Other then that 1 incident Melo hasnt done anything wrong. If he was a selfish player then the Nuggets would not be as good as they are, with AI also bein on the team. Those 2 players want to win.

Im not sure about the deal or if would work, we dont even know the players that would be involved. Artest is another player who wants to win, and what was wrong with the Pacers when they had Artest anyways, other then the Pistons brawl? I blame the fall of Indiana on Larry Bird more then the players (although i hate to admit, Artest trade demands also hurt). They flip-flopped, the Pacers went from bein one of the best defensive teams to bein the worst defensive teams but one of the best teams offensivley.

Defense>>>Offense

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think the lineup with Artest, Allen Iverson, and Carmelo could work. The key people I think is Camby and Artest. They are some of the best defenders in this league, so if they can stay healthy, they're gonna be hard to beat. They'll get offense from Carmelo and AI, and get shot blocking, steals, and rebounds from Artest and Camby. And Artest can score, too.I still don't see how this trade could work, though, cause Denver is gonna try to give the Kings Kenyon Martin, who makes big money.The Kings look like they're trying to get capspace, based on the Mike Bibby trade, so I'm not sure if Kenyon Martin is who they want.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
F#ck this, why is Isiah Thomas so F#ckin stupid?.. Knicks would have had Artest last year when there were rumors about a Artest-Knick trade.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
A couple of months ago I mentioned that I suspected that Artest had emotional problems and probably needed professional help based on his past inconsistent and irrational behavior/comments at times.

The other day read an article that suggested he IS under professional care and take meds for his problem. I don't know this to be true, but it would not shock me.

I have nothing against anyone with emotional issues, but I'd have to think other teams know his medical record. It's got to be an added risk factor. Perhaps the reason he is being so stable this year is that the doctors are doing such a great job.