Thread: Nets-Mavericks Trade is Official

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Default Nets-Mavericks Trade is Official

The trade involving Kidd to the Mavs is officially over, but the its will cost the Mavs 11 million dollars more then it originally cost them the first deal.

Kidd, forward Malik Allen and swingman Antoine Wright sent to Dallas for 24-year-old point guard Devin Harris, center DeSagana Diop, swingman Trenton Hassell, guard Maurice Ager, Van Horn via sign-and-trade, first-round draft picks this June and in 2010 and $3 million in cash.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mavs lost.

KnicksonLIN.com

I thought the Mavericks gave up TOO much in that trade. Jason Kidd gets you triple doubles, and he's a great PG, but the way that they gave up Devin Harris and those draft picks like it was nothing was a stupid move. Dallas is not gonna win a championship, just cause they got Kidd. Offensively, Kidd has played bad, this season(36.6% fg) and he isn't as explosive as Devin Harris. Also, J-Terry is a very good PG(one of the best in the NBA) so it should be interesting to see how he gets playing time.Plus, Kidd is gonna be 35. I wouldn't trust a 35 year old point guard to be my starting guard for years to come.Especially not at his salary.I would've rather kept a young pg, like Harris and tried to win a title that way, rather than getting an older pg that makes lots of money and has 0 championships.For those of you that thinks I'm hatin', I am. I'm not a fan of Kidd, but I got facts to back up my views on the trade, so it's not like I'm just attacking him with no basis.

Diop is in his finally year right? I wouldnt mind him on the Knicks next season

Well the Mavs have us beat in team payroll by 16 Million now that this deal is done! This deal cost Dallas an additional 11 million this year, I just hope for their sake this deal works out