View Poll Results: Have fans been too hard on Isiah?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, leave Isiah be.

    3 27.27%
  • No, he's getting what he deserves.

    2 18.18%
  • Fans haven't been hard enough.

    6 54.55%
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Burning Ring of Stupidity

  1. #1
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Burning Ring of Stupidity

    -Isiah Thomas is yet to make a good trade or free agent signing, since being named GM.
    -Let's take a look at all the damage our beloved GM has done, since getting his job as Knicks' President of Operations:


    The Knicks made the playoffs, in the 2003-2004 season, and his trades were not absurd, so I'll give him a break for this season, even though some of his moves were controversial.

    2004-2005 season
    Big Mistake: Trading Nazr Mohammad(a player that averaged 10.9 points per game, 8 rebounds, 1 steal, and 1 block) for Malik Rose(a player that averaged 6 points, 4.5 rebounds, .6 steals, and .2 blocks and makes 7 mil/yr)

    2004-2005 Off season: Trading Kurt Thomas(who averaged 11.5 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block,and 1 steal) for Quentin Richardson(who shot 38% from the field that season, despite his 14.9 ppg and 226 3's and had just recieved a fresh 42 million dollar contract) The Raptors offered the Knicks Vince Carter for Kurt Thomas, earlier that season, but Isiah turned it down. Joe Johnson was available in the off season, but Isiah wanted Q instead.

    Acquiring Eddy Curry in a 5 for 1 deal: I think it's obvious that when you do a 5 for 1 deal, it's for someone who's a proven player in the NBA.Well I guess
    Isiah made Curry an exception. Isiah traded Tim Thomas(who had an expiring contract at the time),Michael Sweetney(who only made 2.5 million/yr),Jermaine Jackson(a combo guard that was playing good defense at the time) and 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS!

    Next, the Epiphany: Isiah sees greatness in Jerome James, after his 17 PPG performance and 2 blocks against the Kings, so he signs him to a 30 million dollar deal

    2005-2006 Season:

    Jeffries gets celebrity status: Isierr gives Jeffries a 30 million dollar deal.

    BIG BLOCKBUSTER TRADE: Isiah trades expiring contract(Antonio Davis) for Jalen Rose, who had 33 million left on his contract.

    Then: Isiah gives up expiring contract of Penny Hardaway and gives up Trevor Ariza for Stevie Franchise(even though Francis had 4 years left on his contract at the time and even though we already had Marbury at the point)

    2006-2007 Season:

    Isiah falls into the rapture of love with the Knicks, so he leaves us as is.

    Offseason:

    Two frontcourt non-existant defenders are better than one: Rather than trying to trade Curry, after being flashed in a 19.5 ppg season, he calls Curry "untouchable" and he keeps him on the team. He chooses to keep him, even though he had a chance to acquire Gasol,Artest, or J.O'Neal, at the time.

    Formidable team: Isiah decides to make his team formidable, by Acquiring
    Z-BO, rather than Trading Frye and Francis for a good defensive player.

    2007-2008:

    Isiah has a reasonable shot at acquiring Marion or Gasol, but instead keeps Curry.
    Later on, he says Crawford is someone he will NOT trade before the deadline, even though his 20 ppg makes him an attractive piece.

  2. #2
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I think Isiah has done an exceptional job as gm of the Knicks and that people are being to hard on him. Hes made some key acquisitions (Zach Randolph, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford) and I think its just a matter of time before we start winning.

  3. #3
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I think Isiah has done an exceptional job as gm of the Knicks and that people are being to hard on him. Hes made some key acquisitions (Zach Randolph, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford) and I think its just a matter of time before we start winning.
    Yo that's some funny ****. You had me going for a minute.

    I was one of the few that thought Thomas could turn things around but his rhetoric changes after every six losses. He was on the right path developing Eddie Curry but saw an opportunity to get rid of Steve Francis for Randolph and took it. All excuses aside, this hurt Curry's development. Not to mention that Curry doesn't even get minutes any more. How can a franchise player only get nine minutes in a game? How can any player that gets so few minutes per game be expected to improve. I have lost all confidence in Isiah Thomas the GM. The only way the Knicks can turn the corner is under new leadership. We saw a glimpse of good things out of Randolph/Curry this season but Thomas gave up on it. How can any one believe in what he's doing if he doesn't believe it or appear to believe in it him self?

    The poor play of this team is a direct reflection of the coaching and management or lack there of. Don't believe the hype. Several players on this team are good players that can be and will be very affective in a different environment. The star point guard has never brought leadership to the table and has since become a cancer to this team. So we now have youth, inexperience and lack of leadership from management on down. That pretty much sums it all up.

  4. #4
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    lol, I hope somebody thinks you're serious, so that they can respond to your post, MSG. lol

  5. #5
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    You might as well change your name to Curry's advocate, after that post, doncris. lol I can see why you might think Isiah's trade for Randolph slowed Curry's development, but he did some things to slow down his own development, too. He put on 20 pounds over the summer(evidence of that is that he looks a lot heavier now than ever) he pointed the finger at Randolph, when he was struggling, rather than trying to adjust.He didn't get himself in shape, over the summer, and he has never been a good defender, rebounder, or foul shooter, and he lacks passion, when he plays.Also, Isiah has always embraced Curry and tried to make him the go to man this year, which is why he was given that 55 million dollar contract and was called "untouchable" over last summer. Curry just blew his opportunity. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by abcd; Feb 19, 2008 at 17:42. Reason: I put the wrong name

  6. #6
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Yo that's some funny ****. You had me going for a minute.

    I was one of the few that thought Thomas could turn things around but his rhetoric changes after every six losses. He was on the right path developing Eddie Curry but saw an opportunity to get rid of Steve Francis for Randolph and took it. All excuses aside, this hurt Curry's development. Not to mention that Curry doesn't even get minutes any more. How can a franchise player only get nine minutes in a game? How can any player that gets so few minutes per game be expected to improve. I have lost all confidence in Isiah Thomas the GM. The only way the Knicks can turn the corner is under new leadership. We saw a glimpse of good things out of Randolph/Curry this season but Thomas gave up on it. How can any one believe in what he's doing if he doesn't believe it or appear to believe in it him self?

    The poor play of this team is a direct reflection of the coaching and management or lack there of. Don't believe the hype. Several players on this team are good players that can be and will be very affective in a different environment. The star point guard has never brought leadership to the table and has since become a cancer to this team. So we now have youth, inexperience and lack of leadership from management on down. That pretty much sums it all up.
    lol @ "star point guard", you should have just said his name, we all know who your talkin about.

    If so many of the people on here think that Marbury was never a star the how come they blame him for us losing, it doesnt make sense to me. Their expectations seem high for a player who they call "loser", "every team got better after he left", and other bull. Why doesnt ALL this blame go to Isiah, the man who acquired this "overrated", "Not a star" player?

    To be honest, I mite lose some credibility but im not concerned with that, I was an Isiahsexual until the benching of Stephon Marbury. That was the final move that sealed the deal for me, from that point on its been F*ck Isiah. I always thought that Isiah came into a near impossible situation. I have several times described Scott Laydens Knicks as "overrated, overpayed, undersized, and aging." I was sayin that a couple years ago, so I felt like I couldnt be too hard on Isiah (no homo).

    I realise now that he made terrible trades and a very bad draft pick by picking Channing Frye over Andrew Bynum. What needs to be factored in (in my defense) is how well Frye played the 1st half of his rookie season. I was led to believe Frye's play had declined because of the team being a mess. As a sophmore, Frye still was soft and a non-factor.

    We were in position to make the playoffs last year until Lee, Marbury, and Crawford got injured. Knicks fans had some reason to believe maybe Isiah was had this team goin in the right direction. Then, the acquisition of Zach Randolph which i originally was against, really set the team back this year. There was a point during preseason/very early reg. season where i thought Z-Bo and Curry mite work but that was for maybe a week.

    I tried my best to explain where I was comin from, with my support for Isiah but I realize now he is the worst gm ever, in any sport. Once again, I put no blame on the players, including Marbury. 100% of the blame goes to Isiah (leaving Dolan out of it). He brought every single player here so its only fair that he gets all the blame.

  7. #7
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Yo that's some funny ****. You had me going for a minute.

    I was one of the few that thought Thomas could turn things around but his rhetoric changes after every six losses. He was on the right path developing Eddie Curry but saw an opportunity to get rid of Steve Francis for Randolph and took it. All excuses aside, this hurt Curry's development. Not to mention that Curry doesn't even get minutes any more. How can a franchise player only get nine minutes in a game? How can any player that gets so few minutes per game be expected to improve. I have lost all confidence in Isiah Thomas the GM. The only way the Knicks can turn the corner is under new leadership. We saw a glimpse of good things out of Randolph/Curry this season but Thomas gave up on it. How can any one believe in what he's doing if he doesn't believe it or appear to believe in it him self?

    The poor play of this team is a direct reflection of the coaching and management or lack there of. Don't believe the hype. Several players on this team are good players that can be and will be very affective in a different environment. The star point guard has never brought leadership to the table and has since become a cancer to this team. So we now have youth, inexperience and lack of leadership from management on down. That pretty much sums it all up.

    Isiah Thomas was never on the right path. Once he got the job he should of focus on the future instead of now. He seem to go on and off with it; really its hard to tell what Isiah tried to do since its the worst performance of a GM in NBA history. It seemed as if Isiah wanted to make every bad move possile in only a matter of 3-4 years.

    You need to take your head out of your ******* and understand Curry has never developed.

    Curry as no passion for basketball. Curry has the same weaknesses and flaws he had in High School. Curry's 06-07 season MEANT nothing except increased minutes and inflated stats. He was still the same player and we suffered. This season he's the SAME PLAYER; Isiah just wanted to force feed Curry minutes to make the Chicago deal be in Isiah's favor. This season, Curry doesn't need to get fed 38 minutes(thats like team suicide; Curry is so bad defensively, its like playing Jerome James at PG for 40 minutes), this is why Curry is getting 25 minutes this season. On a good NBA team, Curry wouldn't get any minutes and probably won't be on the roster. He has no motivation or passion for the game. He takes no pride in his work; his body language shows it completely as long with his interviews. Curry's passion for basketball has been questioned ever since his years in High School and till today. Only Isiah and people who haven't done their research believed Curry was going to be successful. Do your RESEARCH, stop grabbing Isiah's **** every time he craps.

    Who's ****ing stupid enough to still think Curry/Randolph can still work? Kill yourself already. How the **** is Curry is a franchise player to you? He's not even starting material. Damn you stupid.

  8. #8
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I am happy to say that I have never been an IsiahSexual. I thought every move Isiah was doing was taking us into the wrong direction. Why would Isiah trade Nazr Mohammad and Kurt Thomas, if those were our best defenders, at the time?That team the Knicks had in the 2004-2005 season wasn't even bad. We had the 3rd seed for the first two months of the season. The only reason the Knicks started to struggle was cause of injuries.He just needed to be patient, and allow the team to improve through the draft.A good back up pg for Marbury and a high scoring and rebounding center would've made the Knicks a playoff team, at the time. But instead, he traded everyone for huge contracts and traded away all our draft picks, which is why the Knicks are what they are now.The sad thing about Isiah is that he's had numerous chances to redeem himself, including this year, yet he has taken advantage of none of his opportunities.
    PS- You make great threads and posts, MSG, so anyone that tries to say anything to you about thinking the team was heading in the right direction is just a hater. Most people in here probably thought the Knicks was heading in the right direction last year. I just didn't think so, cause I've held a grudge over Isiah, ever since he traded away both our shotblockers(Nazr Mohammad and Kurt Thomas) for Malik Rose and Quentin Richardson.I also hated Isiah for trading our draftpicks for an unproven player like Curry.
    Last edited by abcd; Feb 20, 2008 at 01:01.

  9. #9
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Isiah Thomas was never on the right path. Once he got the job he should of focus on the future instead of now. He seem to go on and off with it; really its hard to tell what Isiah tried to do since its the worst performance of a GM in NBA history. It seemed as if Isiah wanted to make every bad move possile in only a matter of 3-4 years.

    You need to take your head out of your ******* and understand Curry has never developed.

    Curry as no passion for basketball. Curry has the same weaknesses and flaws he had in High School. Curry's 06-07 season MEANT nothing except increased minutes and inflated stats. He was still the same player and we suffered. This season he's the SAME PLAYER; Isiah just wanted to force feed Curry minutes to make the Chicago deal be in Isiah's favor. This season, Curry doesn't need to get fed 38 minutes(thats like team suicide; Curry is so bad defensively, its like playing Jerome James at PG for 40 minutes), this is why Curry is getting 25 minutes this season. On a good NBA team, Curry wouldn't get any minutes and probably won't be on the roster. He has no motivation or passion for the game. He takes no pride in his work; his body language shows it completely as long with his interviews. Curry's passion for basketball has been questioned ever since his years in High School and till today. Only Isiah and people who haven't done their research believed Curry was going to be successful. Do your RESEARCH, stop grabbing Isiah's **** every time he craps.

    Who's ****ing stupid enough to still think Curry/Randolph can still work? Kill yourself already. How the **** is Curry is a franchise player to you? He's not even starting material. Damn you stupid.
    THANK YOU! That post gets my vote for post of the year! Eddy Curry has never developed. The only difference in his game from last year and all his other years are his ppg. However, his rebounding, shot blocking, foul shooting, turnovers, and heart was all poor as usual.I respect the fact that Randolph at least doesn't point the finger for his weak play on defense. Curry has done nothing but point the finger at Randolph for his struggles, since he came to New York. The bottom line is that Isiah gave Curry all the pampering he needed to be successful. Curry just never took advantage of it, which is why he's a nobody on the Knicks. Even Isiah has learned this, which is why he's starting to bench him. Curry makes 55 F#!KING MILLION DOLLARS! He gets to play in the starting lineup for every game. He was named "untouchable" by Isiah, last year. What more do you need?

  10. #10
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I thought Metrocard was 100% right. Now I'm going to add the 10% to make it perfect. Another reason why the Knicks were forced to make Eddy the "centerpiece" last year is because Curry likes to stand in the paint, and he'll keep picking up 3 sec. violations, if you don't force the ball down low, in the paint. If we remember the 2005-2006 Larry Brown season, Curry used to always pick up 3 sec. violations. Ironically, that was a year where the Knicks weren't giving him the ball everytime, down low.Curry's inability to move out of the paint basically forced the Knicks to give him the ball, last year.It also had to do with the Injuries that the Knicks were having. I remember very well what Curry averaged last year, in December. His points per game was 15, and he averaged 5 rebounds. The reason why he got it up to 19.5ppg and 7 rebounds was cause people were getting injured(Channing Frye, Quentin Richardson, Jared Jeffries and then Crawford,David Lee, and Richardson got injured for the season) so they had to make him the #1 option on offense.I still think Curry played well last year, and I'm not gonna take that away from him, but he was not developing; he was overused and he reeped the benefits of it.
    Last edited by abcd; Feb 20, 2008 at 10:34.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I hope Curry gets traded to Miami (as long as we don't wind up with a fading Vince Carter and his inflated idiotic deal).

    If there is any coach in the NBA that can get Curry into shape and bring out the best of him, it's Riley. THere is no chance of development here. Curry is obviously not self motivating and the coaching staff in NY is horrible. If he can't do something in Miami, he'll be out of the league soon after.

  12. #12
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Nyk Logo

    Isaiah sure has done some horrific moves!! It's time for him to admit that his moves lead to this chaos. Hope he trades Curry to the Heat. He will mess up again if he takes Vince Carter. If Carter couldn't win with Jason Kidd, what the hell is he gonna do here with the NYK. Plus he has like 4 years left, ouch!! If the curry trade is a go, I will be content with that single move. We'll see how they play with just Z-bo and no Curry. Then head to the draft and hopefully make some good pics. Marbury will be back and if that doesn't work he'll be a free agent the following season so he'll be off the books. We just have to be patient and be smart and think that they can be back on track by 2009-2010. It's hard to admit that we will suck for a while, but I saiah has most of the fault. We will get back on track and could be a powerhouse in The East for years to come if they are smart. The East is not all that so the Knicks need to retool and create a balanced team that will be competitive day in and day out.

  13. #13
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicklover
    I hope Curry gets traded to Miami (as long as we don't wind up with a fading Vince Carter and his inflated idiotic deal).

    If there is any coach in the NBA that can get Curry into shape and bring out the best of him, it's Riley. THere is no chance of development here. Curry is obviously not self motivating and the coaching staff in NY is horrible. If he can't do something in Miami, he'll be out of the league soon after.
    I would love for us to trade Curry for expiring contracts. We will get rid of that terrible all post up moves, no defense or rebounding mentality he brought to the Knicks.Also, all the people that think Curry was developing will see that he's 1 dimensional and no good, no matter what team he ends up in.

Similar Threads

  1. Priceless Stupidity: Knicks Top List, Luxury Tax $45Mil!
    By mArBuRyIsAmOrOn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 28, 2007, 18:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •