Video: Nate vs. Zach Argument

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I still disagree with what you're saying. Marbury has proved he can lead teams to playoff series. If you can lead a team to the playoffs, I don't know how that makes you a cancer.In the 2 seasons Marbury was the franchise player, he led the Knicks to the playoffs 1 year, and the other year, the Knicks had the 3rd seed for the first two months of the season, and we had an above .500 record. It's not Marbury's fault Isiah traded Nazr Mohammad and Kurt Thomas(our two best defenders and rebounders at the time).The Knicks have their most wins over the last 7 seasons(39) with Marbury as our best player.We have 33 wins with Curry and only 16 wins so far with Crawford.As far as Randolph is concerned, I don't know that much about how he played in Portland, but he's played well this year.

It is exactly Marbury's fault that Kurt Thomas got traded. At the time Marbury was Isiah's pet. Marbury fought Kurt Thomas several times and then was traded shortly after in the offseason. Marbury did not lead the Knicks to the playoffs twice. There has been only 1 year they made the playoffs with Marbury and that was the year they first traded for him. They were below .500 and got swept in the first round. Hardly worthy of praise.

Again, why must you bring up Curry and Crawford. All Marbury lovers do this. We know they suck. Where have I mentioned that Crawford and Curry should lead this team? Pointing out their poor play is not evidence to support Marbury's and Randolph's behavior and lack of leadership.

Starks

Starter
It is exactly Marbury's fault that Kurt Thomas got traded. At the time Marbury was Isiah's pet. Marbury fought Kurt Thomas several times and then was traded shortly after in the offseason. Marbury did not lead the Knicks to the playoffs twice. There has been only 1 year they made the playoffs with Marbury and that was the year they first traded for him. They were below .500 and got swept in the first round. Hardly worthy of praise.

Again, why must you bring up Curry and Crawford. All Marbury lovers do this. We know they suck. Where have I mentioned that Crawford and Curry should lead this team? Pointing out their poor play is not evidence to support Marbury's and Randolph's behavior and lack of leadership.

I can't wait to the day Marbs Curry Craw and Zach are all gone simply to put an end to these debates that get people offended when their favorite player isn't liked by everyone else.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Quoted from Daily News Tuesday, November 13th 2007 BY FRANK ISOLA
Marbury was, of course, Thomas' first blockbuster acquisition. The January 2004 trade was celebrated because it meant that Marbury, the Brooklyn legend, would be returning home. But Marbury quickly alienated teammates, coaches and the media with his moody behavior. He was involved in a memorable altercation with former teammate Kurt Thomas and later with current teammate Quentin Richardson. Both players wanted to fight Marbury.

Through it all, including the losing seasons and zero playoffs wins, Isiah Thomas stood firmly behind Marbury and exiled anyone that had a problem with his guard - including Kurt Thomas, Shandon Anderson, Tim Thomas, Keith Van Horn and Dikembe Mutombo.

It will be the same shit with Zach. Remove the cancers. Case closed. Argument won and over.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Why everyone bringin up Marbury, f*ck everyone one of yall, you know who the f*ck you are. I went all out in the blow it the fuck up thread, if anyone read that shit I dont think they would continue with their ignorant unrespectable posts.

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4062

Check that the f*ck out, learn something. Go to page 5 or 6, Marbury haters lost. Your all a bunch of assholes, you continue to ignore facts. This aint his f*ckin team, im not lettin anything slide. You say anything in support of Isiah or criticizing Marbury yall gettin shot down with the MAC 10 bitches.

GetRealistic

Starter
Whats the big deal. It's the first time all season some of the players on the team have actually showed a pulse. Didn't anybody every see Major League 2 when Bob Ucher says this is the first sign of life from this team all year.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Whats the big deal. It's the first time all season some of the players on the team have actually showed a pulse. Didn't anybody every see Major League 2 when Bob Ucher says this is the first sign of life from this team all year.

I would like to first thank you for not bringin Marbury into this. This is a thread about Zach and Nate, not Marbury.

Who would win in a fight, Z-Bo or Nate Robinson?

GetRealistic

Starter
You'd have to think Zach just on pure bulk. But wouldn't it be tough to swing down close to a whole foot just to hit nate Since Zach is 6'10 and Nate is 5'9. But honestly who cares as long as it turns into a royal rumble style match and they all get out the built up anger towards each other. Maybe after a brawl or closed door team meeting this team can start over.

Plus if they did have a big team wide brawl, i'd have some money on Fred Jones. Sure he's not that big and misses wide open dunks but i'd have money on him.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You'd have to think Zach just on pure bulk. But wouldn't it be tough to swing down close to a whole foot just to hit nate Since Zach is 6'10 and Nate is 5'9. But honestly who cares as long as it turns into a royal rumble style match and they all get out the built up anger towards each other. Maybe after a brawl or closed door team meeting this team can start over.

Plus if they did have a big team wide brawl, i'd have some money on Fred Jones. Sure he's not that big and misses wide open dunks but i'd have money on him.

lol why Fred Jones? Im puttin money on Q-Rich, he would rough them all up.

GetRealistic

Starter
lol why Fred Jones? Im puttin money on Q-Rich, he would rough them all up.

No real reason i just have a feeling that he's been in many of fights in his day. But if Q borrows a couple Mydols befor the brawl maybe he'd be alright. Q might not land a punch, have you seen that dudes shooting percentage?

Starks

Starter
Zach's got a grimey entourage that he travels with. Same dudes from Portland.

I'm pretty sure they got into in the lockeroom when the doors were closed for 25mins.

Zeke: What's wrong with you two?

Nate: [staring at the ground smiling]

Zach: I don't know what he smiling for...he think he run shit here just cause he gets burn. I used to eat lil punks like him for breakfast.

Nate: .....

[-Someone keep this going lol. This could be fun. pick up with Nate]

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Despite Q being a average player at best on this team, I think that his leadership skills are growing. +2 for Q rich
-2 for Zach for being the more experienced player and chuckin water at Nate. I am neutral with Nate because he is expressive as it is. Plus he played a better game. In my opinion of course, there was some poor shot selection, but other then that it was okay.

This is a problem when during a televised game you see things happen like it did between Zach and Nate. This is were no chemistry comes into play, the Knick players, or squad will never treat each other like friends, or family, cause a team is a family.

By the way Starks good look, pickin out at vid. I thought I was the only one that noticed that on NBA LP, it wasn't MSG HD it was FSN or something like that, on LP, so I saw how pissed Zach was. Not sure what it was about really.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

It's not his fault he was traded for Q, though. The Raptors offered the Knicks Vince Carter for Kurt Thomas and he turned it down. So how do you explain that?And since you don't want me to bring up Curry and Crawford, let's bring up people that are all stars. When Houston was our franchise player(after Ewing left the Knicks)and when he got his 100 million dollar contract, he didn't get us to the playoffs either. The fact that Marbury got this crappy team to the playoffs shows he can play.Allan Houston was a great SG so for not even him to be able to lead this team to the playoffs says a lot.

youpddd

Rookie
I dont care what happened you never never never never throw water at one of your teammates in public. Things like this may happen in practice or the locker room but never never on the sideline in the middle of a geme. Its such a disrespect. He lucky Nate is a little guy, actually that makes it even more of a bitch move.
Nate got more heart in is pinkie than Z-Bo got in his whole fat ass body.

i agree 100 percent

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It's not his fault he was traded for Q, though. The Raptors offered the Knicks Vince Carter for Kurt Thomas and he turned it down. So how do you explain that?And since you don't want me to bring up Curry and Crawford, let's bring up people that are all stars. When Houston was our franchise player(after Ewing left the Knicks)and when he got his 100 million dollar contract, he didn't get us to the playoffs either. The fact that Marbury got this crappy team to the playoffs shows he can play.Allan Houston was a great SG so for not even him to be able to lead this team to the playoffs says a lot.

That's not entirely true. We offered players for Vince Carter but in the end New Jersey's (draft picks) offer was better than ours.

Quoted from New York Times December 18, 2004 By LIZ ROBBINS and JASON DIAMOS
According to Thorn, there were other offers for Carter. The Knicks and the Hornets were among teams making offers, but the Nets' prospect of draft picks made the deal work.

According to an Eastern Conference official, the Knicks had offered Tim Thomas and Penny Hardaway and would have taken Jalen Rose from the Raptors. That would have saved Toronto about $50 million in salary. But the price was too high. Toronto wanted Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas and Jerome Williams, which would have depleted the Knicks' frontcourt.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That's not entirely true. We offered players for Vince Carter but in the end New Jersey's (draft picks) offer was better than ours.

Quoted from New York Times December 18, 2004 By LIZ ROBBINS and JASON DIAMOS
That still doesn't change the fact that Q for Kurt Thomas was not a smart trade. Joe Johnson was available during the 2004-2005 offseason, and Isiah didn't make a move for Johnson, either. Plus, I remember the Carter trade. The Knicks were only willing to give Tim Thomas. They did not want to give Kurt Thomas.I know Joe Johnson wanted a lot of money, but Quentin Richardson is currently making a lot of money himself, so it's not like it would've been insane to try and get Johnson. Plus, Johnson played with Marbury in Phoenix, so that could've built team chemistry.You make good points, and I respect the fact that you use facts to back up your views, but I have facts to back mine, too.I guess we can just say that you have your opinion and I have mine. I am not gonna say Marbury is a cancer when Isiah was the visionary of this mess that we call a team, and I think Isiah made a mistake by trading Kurt Thomas for Quentin Richardson, when Carter and Joe Johnson were available that same season.I am a fan of Quentin Richardson, because he can score, rebound, defend, and pass the ball, when he's healthy. But he hasn't been healthy at all, since becoming a Knick.

Last edited:

chaos147

Rookie
Ok im new here....and being a huge Knicks fan im a little disappointed with the criticism Zach and Nate are getting. Zach is no Charles Oakley, and Nate is no Derek Harper(Or Stephon Marubury for that matter), both of these players are trying to contribute to the team the best way they know how....by FUCKING UP. Neither one of these guys know how to rotate, let alone play defense, with the exception of Robinsons occasionall steals. Zach is fat, has no ball handle, and can't seem to realize that when he is double teamed, A PLAYER IS OPEN. Then to add to this mess, you add fat ass Malik Rose, Jerome James, and The biggest clown in NBA history...JARED JEFFRIES, you get the worst team in the NBA. Where are all the people that said the team is better without Marbury at?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Ok im new here....and being a huge Knicks fan im a little disappointed with the criticism Zach and Nate are getting. Zach is no Charles Oakley, and Nate is no Derek Harper(Or Stephon Marubury for that matter), both of these players are trying to contribute to the team the best way they know how....by FUCKING UP. Neither one of these guys know how to rotate, let alone play defense, with the exception of Robinsons occasionall steals. Zach is fat, has no ball handle, and can't seem to realize that when he is double teamed, A PLAYER IS OPEN. Then to add to this mess, you add fat ass Malik Rose, Jerome James, and The biggest clown in NBA history...JARED JEFFRIES, you get the worst team in the NBA. Where are all the people that said the team is better without Marbury at?

Where are they?

Chaos, Ill get your back if anyone tries to argue with you, since you know whatsup. We mite have that #8 spot rite now if Marbury was healthy. He took a shit on the whole league last year, unfortunately he will have to wait until next year to do this again.

chaos147

Rookie
Where are they?

Chaos, Ill get your back if anyone tries to argue with you, since you know whatsup. We mite have that #8 spot rite now if Marbury was healthy. He took a shit on the whole league last year, unfortunately he will have to wait until next year to do this again.
If i was Marbury...i'd say F*ck Isiah and stay hurt till my contract ran out....last year with all the injuries Marbury did a decent enough job...this year marbury is the only 1 injured and THEY STILL CAN'T GET A DECENT RECORD...let alone a .500 record

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If i was Marbury...i'd say F*ck Isiah and stay hurt till my contract ran out....last year with all the injuries Marbury did a decent enough job...this year marbury is the only 1 injured and THEY STILL CAN'T GET A DECENT RECORD...let alone a .500 record
You get a rep point for that post.I think you deserve 3 rep points for that post, but you're only allowed 1 per person. I'ma bring up some more facts for all the Marbury haters.During the 2005-2006 season, the Knicks were 3-19 with Marbury out with an injury. During the 2006-2007 season, the Knicks are 2-6 in games Marbury missed. During the 2007-2008 season, the Knicks are 10-21 on games Marbury missed and 0-5 on games where Marbury was benched.Also, Marbury has missed 30 games this season, so far, yet 6 of our 16 wins(37.5%) comes with Marbury in the lineup.There you go, haters. The Knicks are so GREAT without Marbury.