Thread: Vince Carter to the Knicks?

Hybrid View

Veteran

Default Vince Carter to the Knicks?

Deal being discussed right now is

New York gets Vince Carter
    Miami gets Eddy Curry
    and New Jersey gets the expiring contracts of Jason Williams & Ricky Davis

THAT would be the centerpieces. New York will still have to give up rough 3-5 million and Miami would have to pick up the same. A few other pieces are rumored to be involved in this trade but at this point this deal is very likely.

isiah stated the idea is not to get undercap cause we are already on schedule for that BUT to add players to add wins... OKKKKKK then.

itll be interesting to see what the other pieces in this deal are. also carters deal runs up in 10... the year lebron becomes a free agent anyway..

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    itll be interesting to see what the other pieces in this deal are. also carters deal runs up in 10... the year lebron becomes a free agent anyway..
    His contract is done after the 2010-2011 season with a team option for 2011-2012.

This deal better not be made but with the people that run this organization and Isiah's hard on for Carter will anyone be surprised if it goes through?

Simple fix to me.

Williams
    Davis

for

Curry

Heat get what they want and we get the cap space and minutes for Lee, Balkman, and James. And yes i know i just used Jerome James.

The only thing that scares me is giving Curry to Riley (a great big man teacher) and the Heat for nothing. If Curry every puts it together he could haunt us for awhile, but thats a big IF.

I'd rather trade him out west but i don't think you could turn it down.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Simple fix to me.

Williams
    Davis

for

Curry

Heat get what they want and we get the cap space and minutes for Lee, Balkman, and James. And yes i know i just used Jerome James.

The only thing that scares me is giving Curry to Riley (a great big man teacher) and the Heat for nothing. If Curry every puts it together he could haunt us for awhile, but thats a big IF.

c/s, its very unlikely Curry will develop into what he should be at this point. Even Pat Riley cant turn Curry into a star. I would be very happy if Williams and Davis got traded for Curry, it is a quick but good fix.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

I agree, Knicks get Williams, and Davis for Curry.

But look what the Nets are starting to do... They are starting over, basically brand new, there player they will build around Richard Jefferson, and develope Devin Harris's game.

I don't like this. It seems as if the Knicks never learn. Sign and trade for players on the UPSIDE of their career's not the downside.

I've watched a few NET games this year and let me tell you, VC is never ever ever ever going to be the player we remember him for. He's not a leader and looks like he is on the "My game is slipping away, but I don't care because I;m getting paid" cruise control mode. Many Net fans really soured on him for this and want him gone as well.

Thats a bad contract right there, and these are the type of moves that have sealed Isiaha as one of the worst GMs in the history of sports.

Curry Sucks, but dont trade him for a contract like that. wow. its the same feeling i got before the Steve Francis trade happened

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Originally Posted by Starks
    Curry Sucks, but dont trade him for a contract like that. wow. its the same feeling i got before the Steve Francis trade happened
    Except the fact that we basically gave the Magic Penny Hardaways millions of dollars contract( was is like 12 million or something) that expired, and the Magic got what they wanted, a young player(now on the Lakers), and a expiring contract, they used to sign Rashard Lewis. . Knicks suck, by the way I think the same will happen, and trade is on the way, Isiah Thomas loves great players on loosing teams, he is an idiot basically.

I guess we will see tomorrow what will unfold in the next chapter of this New York Knicks horror, but on the brighter side I hope I see Artest in a Knicks jersey Friday against the Raptors.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Simple fix to me.

Williams
    Davis

for

Curry

Great trade idea! As long as we don't gotta stay with Curry or get Carter, I'm fine with it. Another trade I don't want is Crawford for Hughes. I don't like players that get paid to wear suits on the bench. We need guys who can handle an 82 game season.The trades I fear most are the following: Carter to the Knicks(will destroy our cap even more) and Hughes to the Knicks(will make Cleveland even more of a contender than they are) and Randolph to Miami(will make Miami a playoff team again).

Nah I don't think this is going to happen.
    Several media sources refuted it and even Riley said it was - in his own words, "Bull****"
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Dolan is planning to fire Isiah at the end of the season - and wants him to suffer through the humiliation of the last 29 games - there's no way he'll allow him to add VC, $50mil contract

Veteran

i doubt we will get rid of any of our ****... unless we take back **** with a longer contract... 24 hrs before the trading deadline...tick...tick...tick...